PDA

View Full Version : Some easy rules to remember

Sledge
02-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Always remember Train, Eat, and Rest. You need all 3 to get results. So many beginners think it's all about training.

Don't worry about the latest supplements. Supplements are there to do exactly what the name says supplement your diet. The only supplements you could need are a good quality whey Protein (if you cant get all your meals from real food this is convenient), A good Multi vitamin. And that's about it.

Training. Get a program keep a log and stick to it. Don't fall into the trap of thinking more is better. Use a basic program and stick to it. Change it every 8-12 weeks but other than that stick to your program. And it's very important to plan and keep a log of your training.

Diet. Don't worry about the latest Nos products or super duper fat loss products or some crap that will build you 45lb of lean muscle in 10 days. It's all crap. Learn about proper diet and plan a diet program and stick to it. If you loose the plot and fall off the program, nothing you can do about it so just stick to it from now. Use supplements to supplement any shortcomings in your real food diet.

Rest. Rest means rest. So don't go to the gym don't hit the treadmill just rest your body. Remember going to the gym and lifting weights only causes damage to your body. It's while you’re resting and your body is adapting to the extra strain you put on it that you get the benefits of the training and diet.

You may hear things like bodybuilding is all about diet. Or training is the key or bodybuilding is 80% diet 10% training 10% rest.

I prefer to think of it as Bodybuilding is 100% training 100% diet 100% rest.

Gunz
02-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Listen to what the man says....he's right!!!

irishmuscle
03-01-2009, 08:17 AM
well said my friend, for anyone starting off there is so much crap out there you could easily get lost in total rubbish instead of like sledge said just do the basics,just wanna say good luck to anyone starting off in the bb culture,its an awesome way to live

musclegoddess65
03-01-2009, 08:19 AM
Great post Sledge and damn good advice!

anthony1992
03-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Always remember Train, Eat, and Rest. You need all 3 to get results. So many beginners think it's all about training.

Don't worry about the latest supplements. Supplements are there to do exactly what the name says supplement your diet. The only supplements you could need are a good quality whey Protein (if you cant get all your meals from real food this is convenient), A good Multi vitamin. And that's about it.

Training. Get a program keep a log and stick to it. Don't fall into the trap of thinking more is better. Use a basic program and stick to it. Change it every 8-12 weeks but other than that stick to your program. And it's very important to plan and keep a log of your training.

Diet. Don't worry about the latest Nos products or super duper fat loss products or some crap that will build you 45lb of lean muscle in 10 days. It's all crap. Learn about proper diet and plan a diet program and stick to it. If you loose the plot and fall off the program, nothing you can do about it so just stick to it from now. Use supplements to supplement any shortcomings in your real food diet.

Rest. Rest means rest. So don't go to the gym don't hit the treadmill just rest your body. Remember going to the gym and lifting weights only causes damage to your body. It's while you’re resting and your body is adapting to the extra strain you put on it that you get the benefits of the training and diet.

You may hear things like bodybuilding is all about diet. Or training is the key or bodybuilding is 80% diet 10% training 10% rest.

this is great advice for beginners

thepump
03-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Great thread for beginners. Keep with the program, stay strong, stay focused!

timmytimm3
03-31-2009, 03:09 PM
Great advice!

Just to add:
One thing I wish I learned years ago was to cook my own food.

BigPablo300
03-31-2009, 07:03 PM
Great advice!

Just to add:
One thing I wish I learned years ago was to cook my own food.

Cooking your own food is definately a must if you want to continue to progress. Unless your well off and can have someone do it for you. Not that too many people have that but hey you can always dream:cool: Personally I like the challenge as a whole and perfer to not pester others with my lifestyle choice. Great thread by the way. Perfect advice for any beginner. This should be a sticky.

jim
04-01-2009, 09:49 PM

i started to make a joke about your numbers not adding up, but either no one here gets my jokes, or no one thinks i'm funny. it's likely the latter.

on topic, this is great advice. i wish i had had someone point this out for me when i started lifting. it would have saved me a few years of wasted effort.

HumanAnvil
04-02-2009, 01:55 AM
this is great info.

Also I would add that after getting an understanding of the basics regarding training, learn to develop your own training. So many guys have training program ADD and they jump from High volume, low volume HIT, DC, etc. I feel that I made quite a bit of progress when I was younger and knew less. There is no secret. Train hard but smart, eat well with good food choices, and get your 8 hours. Not rocket science.

sam the man
04-02-2009, 07:44 AM
he is right bcz sam the man said so

"Rodz"
04-09-2009, 12:46 AM

You should chisel this into stone tablets

sam the man
04-11-2009, 10:10 PM
good old days and the golden rule to live life

LauraW
08-21-2009, 07:39 AM
This is great advice. Another thing I noticed is that the company you keep is so important. People can be very discouraging; that is why this forum is awesome!! Finally some support!

Shariff Abel
08-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Great advice Milke you should be a pro bodybuilder .

ibizagtd
08-27-2009, 05:46 AM
My advice is stick to the basics!!!

NTT91
08-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Another big one is focus on getting stronger! Try to add weight or reps every session. I wish I had done this when I started instead of lifting for "the pump"

DAVIDHARDY
08-27-2009, 04:12 PM
be patient!!!

Sledge
08-27-2009, 06:28 PM
be patient!!!

That's a great one these days. Instant gratification is thrown at us every day in all facets of life. Everyone is trying to sell you instant muscle in a bottle with promises of unbelievable results.
Trust me none of it works without good training diet and rest days. Even the illegal sups are only as good as your diet and training and recovery.

Bodybuilding is a sport of slow quality results not instant gratification. And the worst part is the longer you do it the slower and harder to obtain are the results. That's why I strongly believe in setting realistic long and short term goals.

Bodybuilding is as much about the mental strength to continue when you can't see a thing changing as the physical strength to lift the weight.

GrayBull
08-29-2009, 02:51 AM
i started to make a joke about your numbers not adding up, but either no one here gets my jokes, or no one thinks i'm funny. it's likely the latter.

on topic, this is great advice. i wish i had had someone point this out for me when i started lifting. it would have saved me a few years of wasted effort.

And quite a few Benjamins in wasted supps.