PDA

View Full Version : I'm so sensitive lately

figurebre
11-09-2009, 10:38 PM
I have been so emotionally sensitive lately. I think perhaps its the start of my birth control. Am I being crazy here? kick it down a notch estrogen.
I get upset because I feel like my friends don't care about me. I see them invite eachother out via facebook...and not invite me. Or Ill call a friend...and she'll be at a party that everyone knew about (except me)Even other family members do it. Sometimes I wonder if I would even have friends if I didnt actively call, text or pursue them.
It hurts my feelings. I don't think I do anything annoying and I haven't been different lately. Maybe it is all in my head....maybe I am high maintenance. :( I dunno my feelers hurt. just wanted to vent

sassy69
11-10-2009, 01:44 AM
My vote is for new birth control. Estrogen swings have a mean way of screwing w/ your emotions in a very subtle way.

Personally when I feel disproportionately emotional, I just acknowledge that I'll be this way, and once the emotion passes, I try to take an objective look at whatever it was that was bothering me, if in fact, I really need to expend emotion on it if its legit. Otherwise, just let it go & don't dwell on it or let all of these "thing that are bothering you" pile up to make you feel even worse about it all.

stephaniewicked
11-10-2009, 11:47 AM
I found that this happened alot because my friends still drink and party often and I don't... so with all the invitations I declined to go out (especially during prep), they eventually stopped calling/texting because they figured my answer would always be no. After my last show, I made dates to hang out and tried to get back into a balance of spending time with friends, but I found that I was always the one making the effort... or they were now declining my invitations... so I eventually stopped. Now I haven't seen most of them in months and I hardly ever hear from them. It sucks and I was going through a really difficult time dealing with it over the summer... So I don't think you're wrong for feeling slighted. My feelings would be/were hurt too...

That being said, I'm sure the birth control doesn't help. I was an emotional wreck a few months ago and since switching off the pill, I feel better... I wish I didn't have to be on anything, but that isn't an option for me either, so I'm just managing with the resources that are available to me.

Youngguns
11-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Maybe try going off birth control all together? After doing some research, it's very frightening what it can do for your health and sex drive.

InHonorInMind
11-10-2009, 01:44 PM
I found that this happened alot because my friends still drink and party often and I don't... so with all the invitations I declined to go out (especially during prep), they eventually stopped calling/texting because they figured my answer would always be no. After my last show, I made dates to hang out and tried to get back into a balance of spending time with friends, but I found that I was always the one making the effort... or they were now declining my invitations... so I eventually stopped. Now I haven't seen most of them in months and I hardly ever hear from them. It sucks and I was going through a really difficult time dealing with it over the summer... So I don't think you're wrong for feeling slighted. My feelings would be/were hurt too...

Absolutely, positivly, THIS^^^^

I used to have a TON of friends before I got serious about training a year or so ago. We would go out just about every day of the week and just get totally shithoused...it was all fun until I started training, didn't drink and had to get to bed early to be up for cardio, and then come the weekends , it was my ONLY chance to get caught up with personal stuff....I tried the whole "going out and trying to get home early and not drink just to be with my friends..." but it still wouldn't work and they'd always give me shit for not drinking....after a while they stopped calling me and I stopped calling them....

The big picture is....some of these 'friends' I found weren't really friends at all but more for the party....the ones that are there for you during ALL of your lifes challenges and moments are the ones that matter and that support you no matter what challeng your crazy arse thinks to take on next, they are right there with you, by your side, cheering you on!!! Those are your real friends. Growing up I've realized that friends come and go...there are times when you think you've got no one, thats the time to really focus on yourself and think about what you want out of life and who you should let into it. You'll figure it all out Bre, and in the mean time, CHEER UP! You're far to beautiful and full of life to be sad! =)

figurebre
11-10-2009, 03:08 PM
I am over it today..lol but man my hormones are whacked out.
I understand what you girls are saying about not going out during prep, etc... but I still went out with them for majority of my prep, I just didnt drink. And when It got close, they understood. But I have been in offseason for several months now. I think Men are much better at maintaining long term friendships. It seems so hard for women to, or me especially. Looking back all of my best friends always moved away. :(

sassy69
11-10-2009, 04:15 PM
I am over it today..lol but man my hormones are whacked out.
I understand what you girls are saying about not going out during prep, etc... but I still went out with them for majority of my prep, I just didnt drink. And when It got close, they understood. But I have been in offseason for several months now. I think Men are much better at maintaining long term friendships. It seems so hard for women to, or me especially. Looking back all of my best friends always moved away. :(

I used to go out dancing literally every weekend when I was doing my first prep - primarily because I FINALLY had the body I wanted & I could wear my tiny ho clothes (and we're talking S. Florida at the last part of the Rave era... very tiny ho clothes...!) And didn't drink. Lots of water. And danced all night and then on to the afterhours club, with hopes of getting home before the neighbors were leaving for church. I considered it "Cardio". Outside of that, however, I passed on most every happy hour & "Let's go out for dinner" invite for 6 months. I definitely lost a lot of friends. But I suppose the reality is that I had less & less in common w/ these people anyway, the deeper I got into the fitness lifestyle. Most of my current friends are in the fitness industry or compete or from the gym. Not many of them actually live in my same area code, so that means a lot of my "life" has moved online in terms of just keeping up w/ these friends. And these are friends IRL, not just e-friends. Unfortunately only really get to meet up at things like the Arnold or the Olympia, or any shows one of us might happen to be doing.

Its definitely an isolating lifestyle, but I think also you'd have to find a balance between it and those outside of it to really be happy. I've always found when I relaxed the structure of my "fitness lifestyle", I kinda got fat and unhappy w/ myself. Its too fundamental to who I am to let it go.

fitmomma3
11-11-2009, 08:44 AM
just a note on the BC... drs routinely automatically prescribe the highest estrogen dose of BC when its not necessary... speak to them and you could switch to a lower dose it works just as well but just routinely is not given unless there is a problem with the first. MY OBGYN brought this up in light of the rise of stokes and bad migraines in healthy women on the pill.