PDA

View Full Version : Chris Benoit - Update

hooker
11-12-2009, 10:36 AM
I you guys are interested in this kind of thing, I've obtained a full letter and full email correspondence between the author of "Chris & Nancy" (a kick-ass book on the Chris Benoit tragedy), and the lawyer for the WWE. It's really good stuff, and hasn't been published anywhere in full until now:

http://www.anthonyroberts.co.za/2009/11/the-book-that-sparked-a-congressional-hearing/

~gymdiva~
11-12-2009, 11:23 AM
here's the write up from the link....and I don't know if it's my browser or what but I'm unable to copy and paste the pdf to open it up so if someone can do that and copy and paste that sucker on over I'd love ya for it :hugme:

and thank you hooker for the find!

The book that sparked a Congressional Hearing!
Categories: Other | no responses
Now that me and my publisher are facing down the threat of five (absurd) lawsuits from a variety of con-men, snitches, scam artists, frauds, and liars, I thought it would be appropriate to talk about another book from my publisher, that also caused it’s own share of controversy: Wrestling Babylon, by Irv Muchnick – the book that sparked a Congressional Hearing!

They actually quoted the book during the hearings! Pretty heavy stuff, right?

It’s really a great book, and caused a lot of problems for the WWE. It’s probably the best book on professional wrestling ever written, and if you’re a fan, you need this book. I’m not a fan and I needed it! It’s really an amazing effort to explain a complicated subject…and the controversy didn’t end with the publication of WB, because that same author, while he writing his new book (Chris & Nancy) , got a nasty letter sent to him by the WWE’s attorney…threatening a lawsuit and all this other stuff…which, I suppose is only natural. When a book lands you in front of Congress, and that author comes out with another one about you…well, I guess you do whatever you can to threaten him, his publisher, and his book.

Will this new book land the WWE in front of Congress again? Only time will tell…but, as an exclusive to my blog readers, I’ve obtained a copy of the letter sent to Irv by the WWE’s lawyer! Included in the PDF is the record of their email correspondence, and several back-and-forth letters between the lawyer and the author. It’s great stuff, especially if you’re a fan of professional wrestling, or just a fan of someone sticking up for their work, as Irv did.

Here it is, in it’s entirety:

http://www.anthonyroberts.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/McDevitt-Muchnick.pdf

(Note: The link above is not “clickable” – you’ll have to cut and paste it into your browser to view the full PDF document)

hooker
11-12-2009, 11:28 AM
and thank you hooker for the find!

It wasn't much of a find...I called Irv on the phone (he writes for the same publisher as me), and asked him if I could have the exclusive...

~gymdiva~
11-12-2009, 11:24 PM
hahaha um, that makes it an even better find then b/c you have firsthand accounts...very good my friend :)