PDA

View Full Version : JR's blog highlights....

ROTFLMAO
11-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Jim Ross Blog: Ric Flair's Intense Training, Steve Austin's Movie Career
By Michael Bluth
Nov 2, 2009 - 4:35:59 PM

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated his blog, which you can read in its entirety at JRsBarBQ.com. Here's what JR said about:

Ric Flair: "Ric Flair called me Saturday as I was pulling into Owen Field in Norman about two hours before the Sooner game. Ric is staying very busy and the state lottery, promotional endorsement that he's doing may be growing to other states outside the old, Mid Atlantic Territory area. Ric told me he was working out twice a day, when he could, in preparation for the upcoming Australian tour on which he's booked. After talking to 'Naitch' it's obvious to me that he still has the passion and the fire to perform inside a wrestling ring which should come really as no shock or surprise and I don't think that his passion to perform will ever wane. Mother Nature might cause Ric more 'female problems' but Ric's will to compete and perform can't be deterred."

Steve Austin: "Steve Austin called me Sunday afternoon during the Packers-Vikings game and most of our discussion centered on football and how I was doing battling my 'little friend' Bells palsy #3. Steve is preparing to head up to Vancouver to film another action/adventure movie that is going to be largely done outdoors in the beautiful terrain of Vancouver, British Columbia. The Texas Rattlesnake expects to encounter plenty of 'weather' including ample rain which apparently is what they want for the film to have the organic grittiness to fit the script. I don't know the release date but one can assume some time in 2010 nor do I know the title. I obviously don't know much but as I said we talked football and not work."

ROTFLMAO
11-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Jim Ross Comments On Jack Swagger and How WWE Should Find New Stars
By Amish Patel
Nov 2, 2009 - 9:27:44 AM

- In an interview with Kevin Eck of the Baltimore Sun, WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross commented on where the company should look for new stars, saying:

"It’s just a matter focusing on recruiting and finding world class athletes and encouraging them to have the aptitude and desire – and maybe more importantly, be fans of the product – to try this profession."

"It’s imperative. The scouting and the whole process has to be accelerated and maintained and improved upon every single day. As long as they have that mind-set, they’re going to continue to find good young guys that have potential. And then about one or two out of 10 will make it. It’s going to be an interesting future, but I don’t perceive it to be bleak whatsoever."

Ross also commented on fellow Oklahoman and WWE star Jack Swagger's strengths and weaknesses:

"Swagger’s got a blessing and a curse. He has the blessing of having so much God-given physical ability as a natural 6-5 or 6-6 kid that’s 260, so he has good size. He has an amazing athletic background. He’s been wrestling since he was in elementary school.

"He wrestled in a Division I program [at Oklahoma] with good success. But he’s one of those guys that is so good that he can put it in a little above neutral and be better than most. What he has to find is the fire inside him that’s going to drive him internally to get to the next level and the next level after that."

ROTFLMAO
11-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Jim Ross On Repetitive Diva Catchphrase, Sheamus and The Osbourne's Hosting RAW
By Amish Patel
Nov 3, 2009 - 5:57:31 PM

- Jim Ross' has a new blog up at http://www.jrsbarbq.com/ - the following are among the highlights:

* "I liked Ozzie and Sharon Osbourne's role on Raw Monday night. It wasn't overkill and it played to their strengths. Ozzie, honestly, pleasantly surprised me with his performance and his wife is really sharp which has likely saved Ozzie's arse over the years. They are a prime example of where a 'reality show' has helped their personas and made them relevant again to a new audience."

* "It's easy to see that the WWE Divas are 'smart, sexy and powerful' but what else good do they represent? Just curious."

* "The continued evolution of Sheamus, the big Irish guy with no last name, is something that I'm enjoying. Hopefully, this build will be consistent and not rushed as it is obvious to me that Sheamus, the big Irish guy with no last name, has marketable potential. I like his size, physicality, and obvious toughness and he also has a strong work ethic and desire to not just be a player to be be a main event player. Sheamus is one of the most intriguing personas in WWE right now for my money. Can you imagine how fast Sheamus would progress if he were managed by a red hot, mouthpiece who was relevant in today's marketplace?"

ROTFLMAO
11-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Jim Ross On Chris Jericho's Controversial Comments, Cena vs. Sheamus and more
By Amish Patel
Nov 9, 2009 - 6:46:19 AM

- Jim Ross' has a new blog up at http://www.jrsbarbq.com/ - the following are among the highlights:

* "O.K. so Chris Jericho made an error in judgment with an insensitive remark recently that has made TMZ, etc headlines. Chris' choice of words are regretful but he is one of the most open minded and fair people that I know. Now this Lobo dude is running with the press op's which under score that Lobo wasn't as emotionally distraught over this untimely incident that has been blown largely out of proportion. Next."

* WWE's European tour is roaring along and is doing big business. Minehead sold out a 5,000 seat arena on Saturday night in a main event bout featuring John Cena vs. Sheamus which I would have to have seen but read it was a really good main event. Great opportunity for young Sheamus who is making the most of his opportunities as he should. When a wrestler is young, especially young, there is never a time where one can afford to take a night off or phone in a match. Every match is imperative to impress the higher up's and Sheamus seems to get that simple formula."

* "There have been no significant injuries on this tour other than the usual bumps and bruises that go with the job. This succession of one night stands isn't an easy way to earn a living but it's the life these men and women have chosen and it certainly affords them the opportunities to earn significant monies of which, if they are smart, they can prepare better than the Average Joe for the long haul and life after wrestling."

ROTFLMAO
11-09-2009, 08:05 PM
JR Blog: SmackDown's Announcing Team, a WWE TV Channel, WrestleMania 26
By Marc Middleton
Nov 8, 2009 - 7:52:23 AM

Jim Ross is back with another blog on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some of the highlights:

- As I wrote earlier in the week, the potential of a WWE Channel is another positive. There are virtually unlimited ways to create new programming notwithstanding the Legends Roundtables, watching DVD releases w/ the talents involved with the production, daily blocks of World Class, AWA, ect has credence. Producing internet "radio shows" along the line of ESPN's Mike and MIke, etc would work. Producing a specfic number of hours of daily programming and then repeating it seems doable. The potential is really limitless.

- It will be interesting to see how Wrestlemania 26 gets out of the box for Phoenix. It's a great time to be a fan. There will be several days of activities for fans making the trip to the valley of the sun. I've attended a Fiesta Bowl there and the facility is incredible.

- Grisham and Striker are beginning to mesh as a solid broadcast duo and their efforts will continue to be a work in progress which is to be expected. I like their potential. Their progress may see yours truly assume another role TBD upon my return which works for me. I feel that I'm fortune to be able to help the team in a variety of ways. All of that is up in the air and is pure speculation until I've been medically cleared. Maybe there is a there man booth in my future especially on selected PPV's. Who knows but I for one am not concerned. Just anxious to get back in the game.

ROTFLMAO
11-12-2009, 06:18 PM
JR Blog: Warrior in the WWE Hall of Fame?, Next Week's RAW with Piper and More
By Marc Middleton
Nov 12, 2009 - 9:25:03 AM

Jim Ross posted a new blog over on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some of the highlights:

- The gentleman who wrote and displayed the "J.R. is Overrated" sign that was shown on Raw Monday night emailed our Q&A section of the site and I responded to him. You can check out the email and my response in their entirety in the Q&A section. He's from the UK, says he has a Masters Degree, and seemed to be protesting the "Michael Cole backlash" as he put it. I did not know that there was a "Michael Cole backlash" but that may be another case of "there you are" as my Dad used to say.

- For the record, I don't have a burning desire right now, while addressing my present health issues, to get back on weekly TV whatsoever. I am much more focused on the medical tests that I will undergo tomorrow which are the results of previous tests done a week or so ago. Yes sir, I'm ready for this little journey to end and to be 100% ready to rock....and that will happen.

- The WWE Hall of Fame class for 2010 seems to be garnering more interest as our email flow gets stronger. Lots of speculation that the "Ultimate Warrior" will be inducted this year. I have no clue but the fact that "Warrior" lives in Phoenix, the site of WM26, being a significant reason as to why makes zero sense to me. Either the man deserves to be introduced or he doesn't no matter his zip code. I personally feel the former Blade Runner is deserving and just because the guy is considered "controversial" should not exclude him from any accolade. Warrior's accomplishments and contributions to the business are what counts and hearing Warrior's acceptance speech live and in person would be classic and likely a "Wrestlemania Moment."

- Rowdy Roddy Piper will no doubt be at the top of his game Monday night in Madison Square Garden when he hosts Monday Night Raw. I know that Hot Rod considers "The Garden" hallowed ground, as most of us veterans do, and who knows how many more times the WWE Hall of Famer will be in such a key role in this arena? I expect all sort of Survivor Series oriented fireworks in NYC Monday evening.

ROTFLMAO
11-18-2009, 06:24 PM
JR Blog: Kofi Kingston Reaches the Next Level, Announcers in Wrestling and More
By Marc Middleton
Nov 17, 2009 - 1:10:39 PM

Jim Ross has a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some of the highlights:

- WWE's TV people hit home runs with their new music, graphics packages, and the overall "look" of the show on HD.

- I like the short, smaller set as WWE used the short, live event entrance for the show instead of the long ramp entrance which kills a bunch of seats. Over 20,000 fans were in the Garden Monday night of which we heard on multiple occasions. We may have heard it with such regularity that I thought we might might be the audio daily double at the end of the night. Seriously, that was a huge crowd and an accomplishment for any event. I don't know but I assume that that short entrance way was for MSG or other similar arenas and that the traditional entrance will be used next week but that's an assumption.

- I think we are approaching a non productive trend in the business as it relates to the announcing. We are all guilty, me too, of doing too much hyperbole, talking about too many things that are not related to a bout. In other words sell, sell, sell. "The most historic, most anticipated, most watched, most longest running, most amazing main event, most..most ..most." This isn't a knock on my fellow announcers as I have been just as guilty, if not more, but after being home for several weeks and hearing a bunch of wrestling on TV it begins to become noticeable and not in a good way.

- Kofi Kingston can look back on this night in MSG as perhaps the night he stepped up and touched the next level. I thought Kofi and Randy Orton's physical interaction was the wrestling highlight of the show. That was some big time stuff from two young, talented competitors.

ROTFLMAO
11-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Shane McMahon/WWE Executives' MMA Meeting, RAW Surprises Tonight, More
By Amish Patel
Nov 16, 2009 - 6:24:46 PM

* Brock Lesnar's health is one of the things that I am thinking a great deal about these days. As former OU and Dallas Cowboy coach Barry Switzer once told me, "You recruit a kid for life" and that's how I feel about all the guys I signed for WWE including (Steve) Austin, Rock, (Randy) Orton, Batista, (John) Cena, Lesnar etc... I do not know his diagnosis other than what I read. Dana White intimated that Brock had intestine issues. Gosh, can I relate to that or what?

* Speaking of MMA, apparently their message boards are 'going crazy' about the alleged meetings with former wrestling personnel meeting with UFC officials in the past week or so. I don't know the nature of these alleged meetings nor is it any of my business but the knee jerk reactions of MMA message board people because these folks have backgrounds in pro wrestling indicates that there are some ignorant, insecure people hiding behind screen names on these boards. People with promotional experience, experience in selling tickets and PPV's, opening new markets, promoting live events, utilizing existing business contacts, etc can potentially prove to be invaluable.

* Word has it that several recognizable personalities will be attending Raw tonight in New York City including some New York Yankees,"

ROTFLMAO
11-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Jim Ross Blog: The Rock Returning? Ventura Hosting Raw, Sheamus' Push
By Michael Bluth
Nov 24, 2009 - 11:45:13 AM

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated his blog, which you can read in its entirety at JRsBarBQ.com. Here's what Ross said about:

Jesse Ventura Hosting Raw: Jesse Ventura did an excellent job as guest general manager ... Jesse looked good, had his usual distinctive, great delivery and, for me, created an interest in checking out his new "Conspiracy Theory" program that debuts soon on truTV. Ventura and McMahon was a fun trip down memory lane and they were, perhaps, the 2nd best broadcast team to appear on Monday Night Raw in a good while as in the summer of '08. Just one man's totally biased opinion. I would have been happy to have flown in and produced the two wrestling legends.

Sheamus' Push: "Sheamus has found himself in a great spot to help begin building his long term foundation in WWE. I read where some pundits felt the incident between the young Irishman and John Cena was "flat." I disagree. Obviously, the crowd sitting in their seats over three hours is challenging, has an influence but isn't the real reason. However, let's all remember that Sheamus hasn't been on Raw in any significant role for, what, a month, 5 weeks? Sheamus has not even been in a long term personal issue with a main event, Raw wrestler yet...until now. Bottom line is that Sheamus' persona is still evolving and the next two weeks and then TLC is highly important to Sheamus' development. At worst, the WWE has made a new, fresh main event for a PPV and from where I sit that is a good thing.

The Rock Saying He'd Work With WWE Again: "I would bet a 6 Pak Challenge and throw in a case of BBQ Sauce that those remarks don't mean that Dwayne is thinking about wrestling again. I do not see that occurring but his appearances could mean an unlimited number of other things that don't include putting on the tights. Time will tell."

ROTFLMAO
12-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Posted in: House Shows
WWE Supershow Results from Monroe, LA 12/6/09
By Marc Middleton
Dec 7, 2009 - 4:52:52 AM

WWE Supershow Results
Monroe, LA - December 6th, 2009
Report by Chui, Matforums.com

- Tony Chimel is the ring announcer.

- Hurricane, Tommy Dreamer, Goldust and Alex Riley vs. Ryder, Archer, Zeke and Chavo Guerrero (with Rosa). Goldust over Ryder at 10:56 with his spinning brainbuster.

- Savannah is in the stands to quiz fans for front row seats. Question was where is Mania next year. Kid got it right.

- Sheamus cut promo. Sheamus vs. Bourne.

- Sheamus defeated Evan Bourne in 8:39 with the razor's edge.

- Jack Doane and Scott Armstrong alternate as referee.

- Christian vs. William Regal for the ECW title. Christian wins at 13:10 with the killswitch. Very good match.

- Place is fullest I've ever seen for wrestling. About 75% full.

- Drew McIntyre cuts a promo. McIntyre vs. Jimmy Wang Yang. McIntyre in 9:04 with a double arm DDT. Crowd was apathetic for this.

- Swagger vs. Kingston. Kingston is OVER. Kingston wins in 10:30 with the Trouble In Paradise after avoiding Swagger's Doctor Bomb.

- Chimel plugs the merchandise table. Some kids from the crowd display some shirts in the ring. Intermission.

- Jillian is guest ring announcer for Beth vs. Mickie. Jillian sings jingle bells until the bell rings to stop her. Jillian Hall's singing legit hurt my ears.

- Mickie James defeated Beth Phoenix in 6:51 with a swinging DDT.

- Legacy vs. Matt Hardy and Kane. Matt's pop in Monroe is usually huge, but today's wasn't as big as Kane's or Kofi's. Crowd is hot for this one. Kane over Rhodes in 13:59 with a chokeslam.

- Chimel thanks us for coming. Main event is Triple H vs. Randy Orton in a falls count anywhere match.

- Lots of heat for Orton and a deafening pop for Triple H. Orton brings in steps. Hunter does a drop toe hold onto the steps. Pedigree. Legacy runs in. Kofi makes the save. RKO to Kofi. Hunter hits Orton with the sledge hammer for the win at 16:50. Hunter and Kingston celebrate.

ROTFLMAO
12-07-2009, 07:45 PM
my bad

ROTFLMAO
12-07-2009, 07:48 PM
JR Blog: Umaga's Passing, Sheamus Reaching the Next Level in WWE and More
By Marc Middleton
Dec 7, 2009 - 4:44:53 AM

Here are some highlights from JR's latest blog on jrsbarbq.com:

- The sudden passing of Eddie "Umaga" Fatu certainly put a damper on the weekend as Eddie's death on Friday came as a total shock to me. Eddie had moved his family to Houston a while back as many WWE performers now base out of the Houston area and some of them actually are neighbors. Nonetheless, when I think of Eddie I think of the many, many conversations that we had over the years and how they usually ended up with Eddie talking about his wife and children.

- Apparently, the #1 contender for the WWE Title Sheamus is getting a strong reaction on the road while the days are being counted down until the TLC PPV where the young Irish lad challenges John Cena for the WWE Title in a Tables Match. Getting to and staying put at the next level is not an overnight process and takes time. How much time? Good question. It depends on the talent and said talent's presentation and tools with which to work.

- Heard from Steve Austin this week and had to give him a football update as Steve and crew are really working hard trying to finish his current film in the cold, outdoor environment of Vancouver by Christmas. Apparently, this film is particularly physically demanding and has a provocative, action adventure plot.

ROTFLMAO
12-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Jim Ross Blog: HBK Retiring At WrestleMania, His Health, Mark Cuban
By Michael Bluth
Dec 8, 2009 - 4:02:06 PM

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated his blog, which you can read in its entirety at JRsBarBQ.com. Some highlights:

HBK Retiring at WrestleMania: "We get emails all the time with fans assuming that WM26 will be HBK's last Wrestlemania. I have not heard that confirmed whatsoever and if it is true wouldn't one think that WWE would be preparing to make it a HUGE deal? In my mind's eye, Wrestlemania season officially launches at the Royal Rumble. I am excited about the Match 2010 release of the next HBK DVD which is a countdown of Shawn's Best Matches. Good luck in narrowing that list down to a three disc set."

Ross on his own health: "It's back to the doctor's today for me as I will be seeing a Rheumatologist today which is a first. I had to go on line to find out what a Rheumatologist does in their world of specialty medicine. However, I'm feeling better every day and remain upbeat and optimistic that I have not called my last match and that my next one might be sooner than some expect."

Mark Cuban: "Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban likely got cheered in the only major arena in America as the controversial, young billionaire is essentially one of the most vilified individuals in pro sports. Cuban is defiant, has been fined by NBA Commissioner David Stern many times and basically has been caught on TV court side acting like a tool. Nonetheless Cuban did a solid job on Raw and one could tell that the Mavs owner keeps up with the product or was tremendously prep."

ROTFLMAO
12-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Posted in: WWE
Jim Ross On Sheamus' Shock Title Win, How One Big Feud Lost Momentum and more
By Amish Patel
Dec 14, 2009 - 11:44:33 AM

-- The blog section of Jrsbarbq.com has been updated, with the highlights below:

Sheamus Winning The WWE Championship: "Sheamus upsetting John Cena to win the WWE Title was a MAJOR shock to me. I mentioned in an earlier blog on Sunday that I liked surprises, especially surprises that are logical and believable, and this surpirse was that and more and really caught me off guard. Good stuff. It reminded me somewhat of many years ago when Stone Cold was red hot and he lost the WWE Title to Kane in a 'First Blood' match. Sheamus' victory is a huge and bold step in the right direction for another, young talent. It will be interesting to see what sort of publicity is generated in Ireland as a result of Sheamus becoming the WWE Champion."

Orton vs. Kingston Feud: "Funny...but it seemed to me watching at home that the Orton-Kofi issue was hotter a few weeks ago than it was Sunday night on PPV. It just might have been the crowd getting restless or looking ahead to the TLC bout. However, I thought the match was really solid and I was surprised that Orton won. Nonetheless I think that Kofi accounted himself well and is 'this close' to being perceived as a full time main eventer. Even if Kofi had won I would have said the same thing. It just takes time to get to the next level but I do feel that Kofi has had some outstanding exposure on Raw the past few weeks especially around the time Kofi defaced Orton's NASCAR."

Last Night's Three-Man Announce Team: "The three man announce booth is challenging especially when the three man team doesn't regularly work with each other. I enjoyed the announcing of the trio tonight better than I did at the Survivor Serieswhich would indicate that Cole, Lawler, and Striker were more comfortable working with each other in San Antonio. 'Comfort' and 'finding one's zone' are crucial when broadcasting live TV."

ROTFLMAO
12-16-2009, 08:03 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated his blog, which you can (and should) read in its entirety at JRsBarBQ.com. Some highlights:

WWE teasing Bret Hart will host RAW: "The teasing of Bret Hart potentially hosting Raw was cool. That was the first that I had officially heard of any sort of 'Hitman' return but it's always good to see Bret in any forum and one would think that the WWE HOF'er would enhance the ratings for Raw when and if Bret does make an appearance. Could that particular appearance occur on January 4? Your guess is as good as mine."

Shawn Michaels challenging Undertaker: "Shawn Michaels challenging the Undertaker for a match at WM26 captured my imagination. These two created magic in Houston at WM25 and the question will be asked if both future WWE HOF'ers can recreate such a moment one more time. I will always consider being a part of the broadcast team for WM25 and being a small part of the HBK-Taker presentation as one of the greatest experiences that I've had in this business."

His own health and WWE contract status: "Yours truly is awaiting some important, medical test results that I hope to have sometime this week. I am of the belief that they will provide good news and refuse to believe any thing else. It goes without saying that I sincerely appreciate all the get well wishes and prayers from so many of you. Since making many, overdue life style changes I have been feeling great the past several weeks as I await the aforementioned medical test results and the facial nerve to kick start. With my personal health still my most important issue, I am not stressing about any contractual issues or negotiations and nothing has changed on that front or my mindset regarding such since I last addressed this matter. All my contractual issues are still in motion and being discussed."

~gymdiva~
12-21-2009, 04:48 PM
by Matt Boone
Dec 21, 2009

The following are highlights from the latest online blog from WWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross:

JR on Bret Hart's Return: I will be interested to see how, or not, the Bret Hart returning to WWE issue will be addressed on Raw, or not, or if it actually occurs as many of us hope. I think it is a lock that we see the 'Hitman' in early 2010 but that could simply be my wishful thinking.

JR on Johnny Damon hosting RAW: How will Johnny Damon do as the guest host o Monday night Raw tonight from Damon's hometown of Tampa? That's anyone's guess but the Guest Host role is and always will be a crap shoot. Some Hosts 'get it' and deliver while others find out quickly that they are in somewhat over their heads or in another 'world.' I still like the Guest Host concept for Raw and think that it is unpredictable, which is a good thing, and it provides for a significant amount of media stretch outside the normal bounds of the genre.

JR on Strikeforce this past weekend: The Strikeforce show on Showtime on Saturday night was a damn entertaining broadcast. The show moved well and felt significant as I caught the replay late Saturday night. It was one of the better MMA televised events that I have seen in a long while. Congrats to all involved.

ROTFLMAO
12-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Jim Ross Signs Short-Term WWE Contract Extension
By Michael Bluth
Dec 18, 2009 - 6:43:39 PM

WWE Hall of Famer has announced on his website JRsBarBQ.com that he's signed a short-term contract extension with WWE.

"My contract status with WWE has changed somewhat," Ross wrote in a Friday blog. "We have agreed to terms on a contract extension for a few months to allow me to completely heal from Bells palsy #3.

"I don't expect to go back on the road until, at the earliest, March but that is an approximate time frame. The story making the rounds that I'm targeting WM26 to return to the airwaves makes for a good story but it is not accurate as I am hoping that I heal quicker and can get back in the game in some form sooner than March 28. That particular issue isn't up to me."

ROTFLMAO
12-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Jim Ross Blogs About Brock Lesnar's Health & UFC Future
By Michael Bluth
Dec 19, 2009 - 3:29:59 PM

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated his blog over at JRsBarBQ.com with an update on the health condition of UFC Heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar. Ross wrote:

"UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar looks like, because of his on going issues allegedly with diverticulitis, that he will be stripped of his title soon. If Brock is lucky enough to dodge the surgeon's knife on this matter it will be miraculous. Having had diverticulitis, diverticulosis, a perforated intestine and a tumor removed from my colon I can identify with some of what Brock is currently going through. (Thank God I had the skilled Dr. Heiney to help pull me through.)

"He will have to change his diet to a significant degree for the rest of his life but I still see Brock most likely returning to the Octagon. Perhaps not in 2010 and, if so, it would be late in 2010. If Frank Mir wins the interim title, expect Lesnar to be even more motivated to return and physically destroy Mir as Brock did in their last encounter. To Mir's credit, he has talked and fought his way back into relevancy and into the title picture. Lesnar is seeing skilled, astrologist's and his physical snapshot will be evolving over the next few months.

"Obviously, UFC honchos feel Lesnar will be out an extended period of time or they wouldn't attempt to crown an interim, paper champion in Brock's absence.

ROTFLMAO
12-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Jim Ross Blog: His WWE Future, Mike Tyson Hosting Raw, Independent Contractors
By Michael Bluth
Dec 24, 2009 - 10:39:03 AM

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated his blog, which you can read in its entirety at JRsBarBQ.com. Some highlights:

His Future in Wrestling: "Have I called my last wrestling matches? Hell, no. Will I return to weekly TV for the long term? That's not too likely. Short term, weekly TV work may be in the cards and in a few months I may have a different mindset..."

Mike Tyson hosting RAW: "Tyson would be a great guest on WWE 24/7's Legends Roundtable if the subject matter was the WWWF from back in the day as Mike and I had many casual discussions about him watching WWWF religiously as a kid growing up in NYC. Tyson would be hard to beat in a WWWF trivia contest. Based on personal experience and being one on one with him, Mike Tyson is a different guy than the publics perception of him."

Wrestlers being "Independent Contractors": "I have read so much about the unionizing of pro wrestling, which will never happen by the way in my view, and improving the working conditions for all the talents of which I wholeheartedly endorse by the way ... Yes, in a "perfect world" all performers working for any company being full time employees with the traditional benefits would be ideal but the thought that individuals who are independent contractors cannot create their own benefits and take advantage of independent contractor status is not accurate."

ROTFLMAO
12-28-2009, 06:28 PM
JR comments on Dreamer's WWE exit, Future plans; Latest on Bret Hart
By Brian Cantor
Dec 26, 2009 - 10:10:44 PM

While Tommy Dreamer's recent WWE.com statement danced around news of his departure from the company, he apparently was looser-lipped when it came to his texting. Jim Ross wrote in his most recent website blog that Dreamer confirmed his exit via cell phone correspondence.

"I received a wonderful text message from Tommy Dreamer on Christmas Day that confirmed that he was leaving WWE," wrote Ross.

He added, "Tommy did not mention what he was going to be doing but I would assume that Dreamer will be doing more wrestling," adding fuel to the speculation fire on Dreamer's next move. It remains unclear if he is subject to a no-compete.

-- On the subject of Bret Hart hosting RAW, Ross offered, "Seems as if the Bret Hart hosting Monday Night Raw on January 4 is apparently a lock according to the DirecTV programming guide . I got a cool email from "Hitman" during the holidays but we never discussed his projected or potential Raw appearance.

ROTFLMAO
12-29-2009, 07:32 PM
JR Blog: Bret Hart and Last Night's RAW, Update on JR's Own Health
By Marc Middleton
Dec 29, 2009 - 6:59:10 PM

Jim Ross is back with another blog update on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some of the highlights:

- The Bret Hart content on Monday Night Raw really added to the overall viewing experience of the program. I watched the show from start to finish and I felt like it was one of the better Raw broadcasts WWE has presented in several weeks.

- Since becoming ill in October, I can't begin to tell you how many doctor's appointments that I have had and how many times I have given blood for "more tests." Well, the latest tests were not stellar but once again my primary physician feels that the specialist has over reacted to some degree regarding the diagnosis. Thus far I have been "diagnosed" with MS and borderline diabetes not to mention stress issues and high blood pressure. Living with these diagnosis hasn't been the most fun that I've had but, as the King would say, one can't grieve forever.

The good news is that I do not have MS, that my diabetes issues are reverseable with a strict diet and exercise regime of which I have immersed myself in, and that I have to do all I can to reduce unnecessary stress in my life.

I have been on a major diet for about 6 weeks and have become a regular at the gym. I'm "over the hump" regarding my diet and exercise program and have been feeling great. I still have my "issues' with Bells palsy #3 but it's improving. The right eye problems are prevelant but I'm dealing with them. Some days are better than others. It's no hill for a stepper as my Dad used to say. Many, many other folks have it so much worse and my problems are minor, solvable and will allow me to get back in the saddle some day. When that day does come I am positive that I will be better than ever if for nothing else because I'm going to be much healthier.

In the mean time we are in the process of making some major changes that affect my stress level. They are going to be tough changes to make but are necessary for the long haul. We'll have more on these matters over the next few weeks.

Bottom line, I am hopeful that my health continues to improve and that I am able to return to ringside sooner than later. Whether that is weekly, monthly or some other combination thereof is still to be determined but I am determined to get back in the game.

ROTFLMAO
01-05-2010, 06:25 PM
JR: Hardy and Flair in TNA, Bret and Shawn on RAW, Angle vs. Styles Match & More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 5, 2010 - 4:10:57 AM

Jim Ross is back with another blog with thoughts on last night's RAW and iMPACT. Here are some highlights:

- The dialog between HBK and the Hitman sounded so natural that I thought I was eavesdropping on two old rivals' conversation. They were simply being themselves. Their handshake made the night complete for me but remember that I lived through the debacle of '97 and was just a little immersed in it and spent many, many hours "talking wrestlers off the ledge" so to speak for hours after the controversial incident.

The McMahon-Bret confrontation was well done especially planting the seed early and keeping me hooked until the end of the show for the payoff plus adding some spice to the dish in between.

The Mr. McMahon persona is so easy to dislike and the Chairman got the last word and the final act of physicality in the exchange with his longstanding adversary and left me wanting to see more and wondering how Bret will respond next Monday night? Or will he? This issue has new, fresh legs.

- The Legacy/Orton issue has my interest. Something is bound to give there soon one would assume. As evil as Orton's actions are, he's always going to have a fan base because of Randy's youth, look, demeanor and the fact that defiant young males live vicariously though Mr. RKO.

- It surprised me to see Jeff Hardy on Spike TV Monday night which I am sure will get some fans talking and critics/pundits asking a great deal of questions. I'm a Jeff Hardy fan and I wish him well. Jeff had a great tenure in WWE and considering that I signed him and his brother Matt to their first WWE contracts I will always consider the Hardy brothers as being special. As Hall of Fame Coach Barry Switzer once told me, "Once you recruit a player you recruit them for life."

- Knowing how much Ric Flair still enjoys wrestling I was not shocked to see Ric on another channel Monday night. The WWE gave Ric the greatest send-off/retirement presentation that I have ever witnessed but nonetheless "Naitch" has wrestling running through his veins and he's going lace 'em up until he simply can't do it any longer. Ric Flair has been my friend for about 30 years and I wish him well in what ever he does in his career.

- Former WWE Champion Kurt Angle, another one of the guys that I signed to their first WWE contract, and A.J. Styles had a truly excellent wrestling match that I got glimpses of Monday night.

ROTFLMAO
01-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Jim Ross Blog: Edge Health Update, Rock & Austin Hosting RAW
By Michael Bluth
Jan 6, 2010 - 4:40:26 PM

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated his JRsBarBQ.com blog with his thoughts on Edge's health and WWE legends Dwayne Johnson and Steve Austin would hosting RAW.

Edge's Health: Received a nice text from Edge during the holidays from his mountain retreat in the Carolinas and it is my understanding that Edge is still questionable I do understand that Edge is healing well from Achilles tendon surgery but it has always been a photo finish as to whether or not Edge will be able to wrestle at the end of March. I hope so and would hope that it would be Edge vs. Jericho. I'm certainly not counting Edge out of WM26 but Mother Nature has more to say about this matter than any one else. Edge returning prematurely and not being 100% would make no sense.

The Rock Hosting RAW: Jim Ross said he was under the impression that The Rock was going to guest-host an episode of Raw in January, but scheduling conflicts "eliminated that opportunity." Johnson's new "Toothfairy" movie comes out this month, which would have been the promotional tie-in for Johnson to guest-host. Commercials for Johnson's "Tooth Fairy" movie have been seen during all WWE shows over the past two weeks. Johnson said two months ago that he was working on a TV project with WWE beyond just guest hosting RAW for 1 week. Johnson has yet to provide an update on the status of the project.

Steve Austin Hosting RAW: JR also said he "assumes" Steve Austin will guest host RAW, possibly in March to help promote Austin's new straight-to-DVD film "Damage" (and of course, WrestleMania).

ROTFLMAO
01-13-2010, 07:41 PM
JR Blog: Steve Austin's Return to RAW in March, Finishes in Cage Matches & More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 12, 2010 - 7:28:31 PM

Jim Ross is back with another blog and Q/A update on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some of the highlights:

- As we speculated here, it seems, at least according to the INTERNET, that Steve Austin will return to Raw as the Guest Host in March in advance of WM26 and to promote the DVD release of his film entitled "Damage." I assume this info is accurate but I have not talked to Steve about it but if it is true then it will be a good thing for Monday Night Raw and for Stone Cold which results in the desired win/win . We've already received some emails here asking if I would be a part of that particular Raw and my answer is a simple, non complicated, Gorilla Monsoon-esque, "Highly Unlikely." Some fans are already busy producing the proposed Stone Cold Raw with me included which is drastically premature and high speculative. I will admit that mid March will likely be an interesting time for me on a professional basis. Steve and I have a great relationship and a long history together on WWE TV but he has his agenda and I have mine and the two don't necessarily include the other at every turn in the road. That's not a complaint but it's simply real life.

- Been reading on line some interviews with those in the biz who feel that Cage Matches need not a winner via the stipulations set forth in the presentation. I could not disagree more. Cage Matches were created to bring about closure, literally and figuratively, and to have a disqualification in a cage match is wrong...in my opinion. Granted, my opinion may not be 100% accurate either but it's my opinion nonetheless.

- I really don't know what the future holds regarding broadcasting but I don't think that I will have any issues finding ways to contribute no matter where I hang my hat. If there is not a viable role available for me to contribute in a significant way, I can easily move on to other projects. As I have said, time will tell but being back on Raw would be my preference.

ROTFLMAO
01-19-2010, 05:17 PM
JR Blog: Six-Sided Rings, Tonight's RAW & the Royal Rumble, 2 of 3 Falls & More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 18, 2010 - 5:08:30 PM

Jim Ross is back with another blog on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some of the highlights from this entry:

- The Monday Night Raw broadcast tonight in Knoxville could be very revealing as it relates to the Royal Rumble and consequently to Wrestlemania 26. I wonder if any fans will bring any anti Lane Kiffin signs. I'm really anxious to see how the McMahon-Hitman issue is addressed.

- I don't think that I have lost my mind when I said that I would enjoy seeing the occasional 2 out of 3 fall match on TV but I never said that format would work for just any two grapplers. The match needs to have a valid and well established reason before having the potential three fall bout. Wrestlers that are weary of wrestling three falls on national TV need to evaluate their skill level and their desire to take their game to the next level. We all have to escape our "comfort zones" no matter what we do for a living unless one has a rocking chair clearly in sight.

- Another funny Q&A asked if WWE was going to go to a 6 sided ring in the future. I served my time on the ring crew many years ago and have since sort of moved on from that task but it was a funny question. For those to say that a 6 sided , pro wrestling ring separates promotions, I say that is awfully weak ground to stand on if one is looking to be different. The in ring product and the presentation thereof is what separates wrestling companies.

- I've got a couple of doctor's appointments upcoming to follow up on things but I can tell you that I feel really good and am looking forward to getting back in the hunt. I've always prided myself in being an old school educated, team player and that hasn't changed. I just want to "play" and whatever brand I "play" on will be fine with me. Obviously, I would be lying if I said I would not like a return to WWE's top TV entity Monday Night Raw, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't want to work on Smackdown again or even on ECW. Point is one is either a team guy or one isn't. I only know one way of doing things and now that my health is becoming less of an issue, I hope, I am anxious to get back to ringside or whatever role the future may hold.

ROTFLMAO
01-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Jim Ross Blog: The Rock's Return To WWE, Autobiography Update and more
By Amish Patel
Jan 20, 2010 - 8:32:00 PM

-- Below are highlights from Jim Ross' recent blog update on JRsbarbq.com:

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Returning To WWE: "Loved it on Letterman when Dwayne said that he would always be "The Rock" which was not only true but had to make wrestling fans around the Globe feel good. I don't ever see the Rock wrestling again but I know that he will host Raw sometime in the future to reconnect with his fans and to promote his latest project."

Writing An Autobiography: "My overwhelming preference would be to do the book with WWE and to simply tell my story as best I know how. Every day of my career hasn't been a bed of roses, whose life is, but I can assure any one that wants to listen that I have had MANY, more great days than negative ones in my 36 years in the biz."

Will He Be At The Royal Rumble? "Life is good and I am getting excited to watch the Royal Rumble match on PPV from my old, home base of Atlanta and only wish that I was going to be a part of it but I will definitely be there in spirit."

ROTFLMAO
01-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Jim Ross On Hart-McMahon Saga, The Royal Rumble Match, JBL and more
By Amish Patel
Jan 26, 2010 - 4:43:00 PM

-- Jim Ross has updated his blog with the highlights below:

* Speaking of Cena, his interaction with Mr. McMahon on Raw was spot on and some of the best verbal interaction that I've heard in a good while. The dialog between Cena and the Chairman of WWE was organic, emotional, and really has me anxious to see Raw next week when Bret "Hitman" Hart returns to confront McMahon. Fine TV in my humble opinion.

* The serious nature of winning the Royal Rumble match and what it means individually to every competitor was underscored with Monday Night's DX in ring promo. This was another verbal exchange that captured my interest. DX in a serious tone really captivated my attention.

* I had a great conversation Sunday with JBL who, as my Grandpa used to say is as busy as a fruit merchant, and doing great while living in New York City. John is on Fox News every Saturday morning of which I enjoy plus he is still developing his distribution business for 'Layfield Energy Plus' which is is several hundred convenience stores including many Circle K's...

ROTFLMAO
01-26-2010, 08:13 PM
RVD Says WWE Locked Him Out After Believing He Was TNA Bound
By Amish Patel
Jan 26, 2010 - 4:18:54 PM

-- In his recent blog, Rob Van Dam noted that World Wrestling Entertainment officials locked him out of his WWE Universe page because they believed he had signed with TNA.

"The constant rumors that I am or have signed with one of the wrestling companies seems to be getting stronger still," Van Dam wrote. "Last week, WWE locked me out of my profile page at WWE Universe because they believed I had signed with TNA!"

ROTFLMAO
WWE Star Santino Marella To Star In Sitcom Says AOL
By Amish Patel
Jan 26, 2010 - 1:11:15 PM

-- AOL Television's section is saying that WWE is currently working on a sitcom starring Santino Marella. WWE Diva Beth Phoenix is slated to play his girlfriend, and Vladimir Kozlov his best friend. "In two weeks, we're filming the first three episodes," Santino said. "It will air at first on the dot com, then after that we will get it to a network television."

USA Network VP Chris McCumber however said the USA Network isn't looking for sitcoms right now, but acknowledge Marella as a good comedic character.

ROTFLMAO
WWE hoping to secure major A-list guest host?, Latest on dropping ECW
By Brian Cantor
Jan 26, 2010 - 9:30:08 AM

-- With Conan O'Brien red hot in the entertainment community yet contractually unable to begin a new series until September, he will presumably look for opportunities to keep his momentum going.

WWE is hoping that could translate into interest in hosting its weekly RAW program, as creative has reportedly tossed around the idea of trying to score O'Brien as a guest host.

There is no word on whether he would even consider the role, but the publicity and intrigue he would bring is exactly why WWE initially incorporated the guest hosting concept.

-- Backstage talk persists that WWE and SyFy are expected to overhaul the weekly ECW series. No specific ideas have been passed around, but some say SyFy has begun re-pushing its original idea of incorporating science fiction/alternative elements into the wrestling broadcast.

Regardless of the specific direction chosen, many still believe the ECW name and identity will ultimately be dropped.

ROTFLMAO
01-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Featured, RAW Note
By Marc Middleton
Jan 26, 2010 - 4:14:19 AM

Partial source: PWInsider

- There was no dark match before last night's RAW.

- WWE Diva Mickie James is featured in the new issue of Country Weekly magazine.

- Gary Stokan, President of the Atlanta Sports Council, said this week on The Sports Buffet show that Atlanta and Miami are the two choices for WWE's WrestleMania in 2011. The announcement will be officially made on February 1st, the day after the Royal Rumble pay-per-view in Atlanta.

If Miami is chosen, Sun Life Stadium, which holds approximately 76,500 fans, would host the event. If Atlanta is chosen, the Georgia Dome which holds 71,000 would host the event. It's worth noting that the 2010 Survivor Series is already set for Miami.

ROTFLMAO
01-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Posted in: WWE
Jim Ross Comments On Chris Jericho & Gregory Helms' Arrests
By Michael Bluth
Jan 28, 2010 - 5:48:55 PM

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross posted a blog update on JRsBarBQ.com today regarding Chris Jericho and Gregory Helms being arrested on Wednesday morning for public alcohol intoxication.

Ross wrote, “TMZ making a semi big deal about a situation that Chris Jericho and Gregory Helms found themselves in this week. Both these guys are great people and are credits to the biz and I suggest that this well could be much to do about not much"

Ross thinks we should wait to hear Jericho and Helms' sides of the story and downplays the significance of the situation. “No one should rush to judgment about this issue especially since neither individual has addressed there side of this overblown story. This matter definitely deserves a ‘Lighten Up Francis.’"

While the story certainly doesn't look good for any of the parties involved, Ross insists Jericho and Helms are stand-up guys and not criminals. "Wrestling needs more hard working, students of the game who are still fans of the biz like Jericho and Helms."

ROTFLMAO
02-01-2010, 07:27 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vhGG39qfGEM&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vhGG39qfGEM&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lashley Interview: Wrestling vs. MMA, Shane-UFC, Fedor, Lesnar (Video)
By Michael Bluth
Feb 1, 2010 - 11:05:55 AM

Last week I attended a Strikeforce MMA media workout event hyping the promotion's live event in Miami over the weekend. At the media event, I was able to conduct a 9-minute interview with TNA star and Strikeforce heavyweight fighter Bobby Lashley, who won his fight against Wes Sims at the event. During the interview, me and a co-worker asked Lashley about:

- Training for Saturday night's fight without knowing who his opponent would be until days before the event.

- His sparring partners and training regimen in preparation for his fight with Wes Sims this Saturday.

- How MMA will influence pro wrestling and how crossover stars such as himself will help it evolve in a different direction and conversely, how pro wrestling will influence MMA by incorporating some of the show business and promotional aspects that have kept wrestling so popular.

- Which MMA fighters he can see getting into pro wrestling after their fight careers are over.

- Whether he thinks the popularity he gained during his time in pro wrestling has opened doors for him in MMA.

- When he could see himself fighting Fedor Emelianenko.

- Shane McMahon’s love for MMA and the idea of him working with Strikeforce or UFC

ROTFLMAO
02-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Jim Ross Blog: Bobby Lashley & Herschel Walker's MMA Wins On Saturday Night
By Michael Bluth
Feb 1, 2010 - 12:06:30 AM

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated his blog at JRsBarBQ.com with his thoughts about Saturday night's Strikeforce mixed martial arts on Showtime, which I was lucky enough to attend in person. The event featured the Strikeforce debut of TNA wrestler Bobby Lashley. Here's what JR said about:

Herschel Walker's MMA Debut: "Herschel Walker won his debut in a 3rd round stoppage against the perfect opponent for the 47 year old who looks more like a 27 year old. Strike Force got ESPN coverage off #34 who will likely be exploited on Strike Force's next CBS broadcast.

Cyborg's Victory: "Cris Cyborg looks to be an imposing cross between Chyna of years ago and Beth Phoenix as she dominated her opponent in winning in the 3rd round and then donned pink and black "Hitman" fight gear complete w/ shades. Women's MMA can be built in time to be big."

Bobby Lashley's Victory: "Bobby Lashley proved to me that his immediate, full time future is in MMA. Bobby won in a 1st round stoppage of a lackluster fight because of an unprepared fighter who took the fight on a week's notice. Lashley will get much better but is a year maybe more away from fighting Fedor or so it seems."

ROTFLMAO
02-01-2010, 07:45 PM
JR Blog: Tonight's WWE Royal Rumble, Bulldogs in the WWE HOF, SmackDown & More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 31, 2010 - 10:24:46 AM

Jim Ross is back with another blog on jrsbarbq.com this weekend. Here are a few highlights:

- Yes, this year's Royal Rumble, this Sunday night on PPV, is the most hard to call, unpredictable WWE PPV in a good while. I wish I could be there to call it if for nothing else the Rumble match. This isn't a company line hyperbole but how I honestly feel. Several men could win the Rumble match and it would make sense. I look for some significant surprises in Atlanta.

- If Davyboy Smith and Tommy Billington ever go in th WWE HOF will it be as singles or as the British Bulldogs? I don't know but my guess would be as a team.

- Yes..I enjoyed Friday Night Smackdown this week. Hairy chested CM Punk vs HHH was old school good while HBK vs Mysterio was PPV quality.

- Is it really automatic that Undertaker beats Rey in dominating fashion? Nothing is guaranteed.

- Got several text messages Saturday night from many WWE tars who definitely have their game faces on as it relates to Sunday's Royal Rumble. I expect a strong work ethic to be put forth in Atlanta. Call it Wrestlemania adrenaline.

ROTFLMAO
02-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Jim Ross Blog: The End Of ECW, Update On His Health & Future
By Michael Bluth
Feb 4, 2010 - 4:24:43 PM

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated his JRsBarBQ.com blog. Some highlights:

The End of ECW: "I will always have great respect for the Original ECW because of the passion and work ethic of all involved. Paul Heyman had great vision for what he wanted to create and his talents bought into that vision. I bring this up because the letters "ECW" will leave weekly TV in 3 weeks and will be replaced with a new, WWE produced program. Anxious to see what they come up with for Sy Fy.

His Health: "I am excited about the future primarily because I'm feeling so much better physically and am presently in a great place mentally."

His Future: "Must be lots of new rumors on the 'net about my future. If any of you get some concrete info on what I will be doing for a living in the coming months, years, etc, please let me know because my status, goals for the future, etc are the same as I have repeatedly stated for months ... I have actually been discussing some projects totally unrelated to the wrestling biz which are intriguing."

ROTFLMAO
02-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Jim Ross Blog: Writing A Book, Visiting FCW, UFC's Dana White
By Michael Bluth
Feb 8, 2010 - 5:03:58 PM

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated his blog, which you can read in its entirety at JRsBarBQ.com. Some highlights from this update:

Whether He'd Write A Book: The interest from the literary world re: me writing a autobiography is beginning to take a life of its own. I'm still mulling whether to do the book or not and thinking of how I can best organize my thoughts and who I need to speak with that is still around from the 'old days.' The '70s was a key time for me and I will need some help remembering some of the stories and experiences."

Visting FCW This Week: "Looking forward to dropping by Wednesday and saying hello to those at FCW in Tampa. Not sure what's in store for me other than I know I won't be doing any in ring demo's because I don't belong in the ring and never have. Plus, there's much more to being a success in the wrestling biz that just what goes on inside a ring or how much faux tan one applies."

UFC's Dana White: UFC President Dana White was on the money when he said that at times that his role in UFC was that of a "glorified baby sitter." Oh, how I can relate to that analogy from my days of yesteryear. Dana does a magnificent job representing UFC publicly, conveys their attitudinal personality and has become a helluva sound byte.

ROTFLMAO
02-10-2010, 06:42 PM
JR Blog: Reports of Him Appearing at RAW, The Rock's WWE Return
By Marc Middleton
Feb 9, 2010 - 6:20:11 PM

Jim Ross is back with another blog on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some of the highlights:

- It has been reported on line that I am making some sort of unadvertised appearance at the March 1 OKC event as we have been getting emails regarding such. This is all news to me and I know of absolutely nothing that is planned. We are spending considerable time and some in kind donations to help promote the WWE event but that's the extend of it. I do hope to drop by and say hello to friends prior to the event starting but will likely watch the show from home or possibly "in the back."

- Dwayne Johnson reiterated what we have said here for the longest time and that is that he isn't interested in stepping back in the ring as a wrestler but doing a speaking role and having fun on a wrestling show would be more to his liking. Bottom line, one takes Dwayne any way one can get him as he is a huge star who will pop a TV rating which is the holy grail for wrestling promoters.

Curt James
02-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Featured, RAW Note
By Marc Middleton
Jan 26, 2010 - 4:14:19 AM

Partial source: PWInsider

- There was no dark match before last night's RAW.

- WWE Diva Mickie James is featured in the new issue of Country Weekly magazine.(snip)

Iz mah wife! :yep:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2-7AdSkZA7I/SANwlj9lm7I/AAAAAAAAL_U/Dj7S8REwJ8I/s400/mickie-james-wrestling.jpg

http://www.thegreatindiankhali.com/WWE-Diva-Mickie-James/Mickie-James-pictures-wallpaper/mickie-james-wwe.jpg

http://www.camelclutchblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/mickiejames.jpg

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Mickie-James---Melina-wwe-divas-214994_456_352.jpg

http://www.wwe-fantasy.com/design/photos/Diva-MickieJames-017.jpg

Hey, whoz mah wife kissin? :mad:

Curt James
02-10-2010, 08:39 PM
JR Blog: Tonight's WWE Royal Rumble, Bulldogs in the WWE HOF, SmackDown & More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 31, 2010 - 10:24:46 AM

Jim Ross is back with another blog on jrsbarbq.com this weekend. Here are a few highlights:

- Yes, this year's Royal Rumble, this Sunday night on PPV, is the most hard to call, unpredictable WWE PPV in a good while. I wish I could be there to call it if for nothing else the Rumble match. This isn't a company line hyperbole but how I honestly feel. Several men could win the Rumble match and it would make sense. I look for some significant surprises in Atlanta.

- If Davyboy Smith and Tommy Billington ever go in th WWE HOF will it be as singles or as the British Bulldogs? I don't know but my guess would be as a team.

- Yes..I enjoyed Friday Night Smackdown this week. Hairy chested CM Punk vs HHH was old school good while HBK vs Mysterio was PPV quality.

- Is it really automatic that Undertaker beats Rey in dominating fashion? Nothing is guaranteed.

- Got several text messages Saturday night from many WWE tars who definitely have their game faces on as it relates to Sunday's Royal Rumble. I expect a strong work ethic to be put forth in Atlanta. Call it Wrestlemania adrenaline.

The British Bulldogs? Now that brings back memories. I have two younger brothers and we all watched pro wrestling growing up. Ivan Putski, Chief Jay Strongbow, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, Larry Zbyszko, Andre the Giant, Hulk, Ultimate Warrior, Bob Backlund, Lou Albano, the Wizard, the British Bulldogs, and more!

Zbyszko was the first wrestler I ever saw "turn bad guy".

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/l/larryzbysko/17.jpg

And the British Bulldogs, like Ivan "Polish Power" Putski, destroyed their competition and looked like bodybuilders. For a skinny kid, this is what heroes were made of.

http://www.hoffco-inc.com/wwe/thist/wwe/tt-bulldogs01st-2.jpg
Dynamite Kid and Davey Boy Smith a.k.a. The British Bulldogs

http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/iputski.jpg
Ivan Putski

Davey Boy Smith died on May 18, 2002, of a heart attack. He was only 39 years old.

eoWrdjmv17A

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/3883682/6500376

:bowdown: Keep postin' 'em up, WOLFGANG!

Curt James
02-10-2010, 09:02 PM
JR Blog: Reports of Him Appearing at RAW, The Rock's WWE Return
By Marc Middleton
Feb 9, 2010 - 6:20:11 PM

- It has been reported on line that I am making some sort of unadvertised appearance at the March 1 OKC event as we have been getting emails regarding such. This is all news to me and I know of absolutely nothing that is planned. We are spending considerable time and some in kind donations to help promote the WWE event but that's the extend of it. I do hope to drop by and say hello to friends prior to the event starting but will likely watch the show from home or possibly "in the back."

- Dwayne Johnson reiterated what we have said here for the longest time and that is that he isn't interested in stepping back in the ring as a wrestler but doing a speaking role and having fun on a wrestling show would be more to his liking. Bottom line, one takes Dwayne any way one can get him as he is a huge star who will pop a TV rating which is the holy grail for wrestling promoters.

Schwarzenegger appears in an uncredited cameo in Johnson's 2003 film "The Rundown" seemingly passing the action hero torch to The Rock when they appear on screen together for a split second as Schwarzenegger's character is exiting a bar and he says, "Good luck" to Johnson's character, a bounty hunter in the movie.

And like Ahnuld, The Rock seems to be able to play serious as well as comedy. His current flick is the lighthearted comedy "Tooth Fairy" but most remember the adventurous "The Scorpion King" and the dramatic "Gridiron Gang".

m8jCG1RSzJU

ROTFLMAO
02-18-2010, 09:30 PM
JR Blog: ECW's Contributions to Wrestling, RVD Getting Signed Now, JR Book Deals
By Marc Middleton
Feb 17, 2010 - 3:54:09 AM

Here are some highlights from Jim Ross' Tuesday blog on jrsbarbq.com:

- I am told that I have at least four viable book deals that people want to discuss. No discussions have taken place as of yet but I am interested to hear the pitches and proposals. Once those meetings take place then I will better be able to decide if and when I want to assume this major undertaking. I can't see it happening in 2010 but I assume stranger things could occur.

- ECW made unique and significant contributions to the pro wrestling world and their alumni should feel a source of pride for their accumulative accomplishments. I will enjoy watching old episodes of the "Original" for years to come when the opportunity presents itself. No one can tell the ECW story in today's marketplace better than their one and only voice, Joey Styles.

- Speaking of ECW, of the many top hands that made their mark in ECW, none were more uniquely talented than Rob Van Dam who is one of the hottest "free agents" available right now. It would seem to me that RVD would be a high priority to any wrestling organization and that facilitating a travel schedule to his liking should be attainable. RVD is a one of a kind talent who connects with his fan base and Rob's in ring work is singularly his which would be a breath of fresh air to many TV broadcasts.