PDA

View Full Version : Whey Protein vs. Muscle Milk?

djh0582
11-13-2009, 12:32 AM
Wasup fellas I'm new here, but i've been work'n out for about 7 or 8 yrs. Last couple of yrs i've been hitting the gym on a regular basis and getting serious about it. About 3yrs ago 205 and great shape, i tore my achillies and gained over 35 pounds I'm now 5'10" 238, i was told too stop taking Whey and use Muscle milk it helps with trimming down. Is this true? PS I hate dieting.

Ninja Loco
11-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Wasup fellas I'm new here, but i've been work'n out for about 7 or 8 yrs. Last couple of yrs i've been hitting the gym on a regular basis and getting serious about it. About 3yrs ago 205 and great shape, i tore my achillies and gained over 35 pounds I'm now 5'10" 238, i was told too stop taking Whey and use Muscle milk it helps with trimming down. Is this true? PS I hate dieting.
First you need to know exactly WHY they say that. Im betting serious money that they dont know, all they "know" is they took it and it worked.

MM is high in fats. Good fats, but still fats. If it will throw your diet off by adding too many extra fats then no, it's not.

If it will add NEEDED fats then yes, it will help. It wont DO IT BY ITSELF, it will help.

Thirdly, bro you dont "take" whey anymore than you "take" eggs or steak or any other food. Protein is not a stand alone product and it's nothing magical. Protein is powdered food, nothing more, nothing less. Whey is amongst the leanest protein powders you can buy, so Im wondering why you were told to switch to MM.

gottabecool
11-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Lots of curiosity as to why someone would say that.

cook
11-13-2009, 11:56 AM
I bought a MM the other day for a snack.They carry them at the convenience store close by.It had less protein per calorie than my protein powder so I probably won`t make a habit of drinking them in place of it but,I`ll tell you one thing that little sonofabitch was good tasting.

djh0582
11-13-2009, 12:20 PM
I bought a MM the other day for a snack.They carry them at the convenience store close by.It had less protein per calorie than my protein powder so I probably won`t make a habit of drinking them in place of it but,I`ll tell you one thing that little sonofabitch was good tasting. Yeah they do taste better.

djh0582
11-13-2009, 12:27 PM
First you need to know exactly WHY they say that. Im betting serious money that they dont know, all they "know" is they took it and it worked.

MM is high in fats. Good fats, but still fats. If it will throw your diet off by adding too many extra fats then no, it's not.

If it will add NEEDED fats then yes, it will help. It wont DO IT BY ITSELF, it will help.

Thirdly, bro you dont "take" whey anymore than you "take" eggs or steak or any other food. Protein is not a stand alone product and it's nothing magical. Protein is powdered food, nothing more, nothing less. Whey is amongst the leanest protein powders you can buy, so Im wondering why you were told to switch to MM.
My thoughts exactly about whey, i was told this by salesperson @ a vitamin shop about Muscle milk. I always thought Muscle milk was high in fats if I wanted to get bigger, but was told it can help get leanner. But my thing is I dont eat red meats(jus chicken & fish) and alot of junk food(I know cut it out). So should I switch to Muscle Milk or jus stay with Whey Protein.

ironwarrior22
11-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Stick with whey over the muscle milk. Mm is over priced and has too much crap in it. Also whey should be used to supplement your whole food so I would only use it for 1 maybe 2 meals per day on a 6-8 meal schedule and eat your whole food meals the rest of the time.

TurboMAN
11-13-2009, 07:57 PM
When having whey, you can always mix something in the shakes to fulfill your ratios. It would be cheaper as well. I guess MM is more convenient, but that is about it.

thesamewords
11-13-2009, 08:13 PM
whey protein is PROTEIN!!!, just like chicken or beef. Be creative and head over to the Muscle Meals thread.

nycdude
11-17-2009, 10:43 AM
I used to spend a shitload on nasty tasting weight gainers, etc. Last month I found an awesome post about a homemade 1,000 calorie/50gm protein shake. Now I'm making my own with high quality ingredients for half the price of what I was dropping on ready-made shit. Take thesameword's advice and head over to the Meals section. Bound to find some good info over there.

Por2gue
12-21-2009, 02:14 AM
True Protein.com and never go to a Vitamin shop again.

s2h
12-21-2009, 06:18 AM
MM sucks,full of fat and sugar,and go back to the Vitamin shop one last time and tell MS.V shop "who doesnt even know where the gym is' that you dont know shit.You need a good whey isolate ie Spicies,Nectar,Dymatize to name a few or go with a what is prob the best blend on the market BSN syntha-6 and it comes inthe little handy ready to go shakes.If you get your info from the V shop your gonna wiegh 338 soon!!!

buckimscl
12-21-2009, 07:22 AM
It's called reading a label.

B7emm
12-22-2009, 11:30 AM
if you like the musclemilk products you should try cytosport's whey isolate. i feel it would be better for wight loss because it doesn't have any sugar in it. hidden sugar in drinks is a way alot of people gain extra weight just buy cutting out the extra sugar you could lean out a little bit.

s2h
12-23-2009, 06:26 AM
Por2gue everytime i see your avatar i get pure and filthy thoughts,you do know we(guys) are all (most) full of test and your ass makes me wanna release!!!

djh0582
12-25-2009, 12:17 PM
True Protein.com and never go to a Vitamin shop again.
Haha Thanxs.

djh0582
12-25-2009, 12:20 PM
It's called reading a label. I do read the label, I don't understand all of it. Thats why u ask questions?

s2h
12-25-2009, 05:42 PM
look for quality whey w/ min carbs if your cutting and high protien w/ good esstenial fats,species has a god one but i perfer nectar or dymatize!