PDA

View Full Version : New to this...seems so far to go

Amber-Leigh
11-17-2009, 08:52 AM
Hey everyone,

I am new to this site and basically new to BB. Well I found myself an amazing coach/trainer for my first figure comp. I started training in May 2009 for a show in Nov, but feel off the wagon in August,got cold feet, felt like I wasn't progressing fast enough so stopped training and dieting the way I should have for 2 months. I had "life" get in the way. Anyway as of November 1 I have refocused and got back on the training wagon. I have to say staying on the diet is my biggest struggle. I love training and working. Sometimes I just feel like my goal is so far away. I am determined to reach my goal and compete in figure. Found this site and I'm looking to talk to like minded people and good tips to go the distance in this journey.

Amber

brewsterfitness
11-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Hi Amber,
I am not new to this but face the same challenges you do. I've been bodybuilding for many years but only was able to see it through to competition 2x. Life does get it the way and I really admire those who can push forward. All I can say is keep jumping back on that wagon. As far as your diet goes, try to take the path of least resistance, keep it simple, prepare your foods ahead of time and don't let a minor slip up turn in to an all out disaster!

lilfella
11-17-2009, 11:55 AM
I always like the "change on the dresser" metaphor. Everyday that we eat right and train hard is like taking the change from your pocket and putting on the dresser. The first few days does not seem like much, but year after year it adds up. Everyday that we eat sloppy and/or do not train is like spending some of the change.

1 day at a time. Good luck and welcome to the board Amber

sassy69
11-30-2009, 09:28 PM
Welcome to RX & get yourself on the women's Figure forum! GREAT support & help there!

MusclesMarinara
11-30-2009, 10:49 PM
set short goals to meet along the way to your ultimate goal. when you are accomplishing something every couple weeks you feel like you are making more progress.

find a picture or a quote that motivates you and put it on your alarm clock or something so you look at it everyday.

good luck!

partsRheavy
12-24-2009, 12:55 AM
Try starting a journal!! The more the merrier!!

DICE
12-24-2009, 12:58 AM
Tell everyone you know u will be competing. If u have even an ounce of pride u will get ur ass in gear . Not meant to be a stab at you but some good advice. I tend not to sugarcoat shit. Good luck, think logically, if others can do it...so can you.

GirlyMuscle
12-24-2009, 01:13 AM
Welcome to RX!

I've been training for 10 years. I'd been talking about and planning on competing for 7 of those years. I must have backed out of at least one show a year. For me it was all mental. I just didn't believe I could do it...get that lean, etc. I finally broke through those mental barriers and competed for the first time on November 14, 2009. I had to put myself in a place where I couldn't back out. It's actually a relief that it's done. Now I'm truly ready for more.

Sledge
12-24-2009, 08:58 AM
Hey everyone,

I am new to this site and basically new to BB. Well I found myself an amazing coach/trainer for my first figure comp. I started training in May 2009 for a show in Nov, but feel off the wagon in August,got cold feet, felt like I wasn't progressing fast enough so stopped training and dieting the way I should have for 2 months. I had "life" get in the way. Anyway as of November 1 I have refocused and got back on the training wagon. I have to say staying on the diet is my biggest struggle. I love training and working. Sometimes I just feel like my goal is so far away. I am determined to reach my goal and compete in figure. Found this site and I'm looking to talk to like minded people and good tips to go the distance in this journey.

Amber

Hey Amber, Welcome to Rx

Some good advice above.
Set both long and short term realistic goals.
Make a training and nutrition plan to realize those goals.
Keep a journal.
Take progress pics monthly.
Ask friends and family to help you on the road to those goals, even if they don't understand them.
And enjoy your journy.

Personally I find the easiest way to stay on a diet plan is to prepare everything in advance. and always have healthy options avaliable no matter where you are even if it means carrying a few spare meals or shakes with you just in case you get stuck.

Also, If you do fall off the wagon, don't beat yourself up about it. Their is nothing you can do about it now just get back on and tell yourself your not going to do it again. Try and figure out the reason you fell off and don't put yourself in that position again.

And as I said Enjoy the journey, sometimes the journey is just as important as the destination.

s2h
12-25-2009, 08:00 AM
Suck it up and drive on to the Ranger objective thought you be the lone survivor.There's "NO REST FOR THE WICKED" other wise do the best you can!!!

Mike Pulcinella
12-25-2009, 09:29 AM
The above is all good advice, and I'm sure you will get more, but I would lie to leave you with a thought that applies to EVERYTHING in life.

You must learn to enjoy the PROCESS, not just the goal. The satisfaction of reaching a goal is fleeting. The satisfaction of making small steps every day toward that goal is what life is all about.

We NEVER "get there", but we are always on the path.

Your Zen lesson for the day! :)

s2h
12-25-2009, 11:26 AM
interesting mike i know a guy thsts into zen and he told me that once many years ago and i held onto that !!!