PDA

View Full Version : Does Red Yeast Rice make you weaker?

BiggMike
03-01-2009, 10:07 AM
I've been taking red yeast rice for about a year and a half because I heard it was a natural statin. My cholesterol has dropped ALOT but so has my strength. I know one side effect of prescription statins is muscle pain or weakness if taking too much,but could this be happening to me with the red yeast rice? Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

mangoat
03-01-2009, 12:27 PM
As you know (you must be an expert on hormones if you're self prescribing Statins) , HDL and LDL represent lipo proteins which are cholesterol carriers, information based on these numbers alone really means nothing. So what was your particle size and c-reactive protein numbers?

BiggMike
03-01-2009, 12:40 PM
No not an expert. It is known that RYR is a natural statin. Just wanted a solid answer. Thanks anyway.

ChowderPaw
03-01-2009, 01:34 PM
You're fine. Its a possible side-effect. Try Sytrinol from NOW for now. See if those symptoms change.

SonOfPluto
03-01-2009, 08:12 PM
I've been taking red yeast rice for about a year and a half because I heard it was a natural statin. My cholesterol has dropped ALOT but so has my strength. I know one side effect of prescription statins is muscle pain or weakness if taking too much,but could this be happening to me with the red yeast rice? Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

What has been your daily dosing of Red Yeast Rice?

mangoat
03-02-2009, 04:32 AM
Don't take statins, how about that? A high LDL doesn't mean anything, Cholesterol has to move to and from tissues to repair them, thats all LDL does, moves the cholesterol to tissues, where as HDL bring it back down to the liver to be recycled and used again. This idea that LDL clogs artieries is ridicoulous, anyone who claims this is a joke, refined sugars that are improperly processed into cholesterol in the body get stuck in the gap junction, that is what causes arteries to clog, refined sugars!

You are inhibiting your bodies ability to rebuild tissue and manufactor hormones, including testosterone. STOP TAKING THE STATINS. Without a particle test, there is no reason to take them.

tammyp
03-02-2009, 06:03 AM
i have taken it for over 2 years and its not an issue for me.

SonOfPluto
03-02-2009, 06:24 AM
Don't take statins, how about that? A high LDL doesn't mean anything, Cholesterol has to move to and from tissues to repair them, thats all LDL does, moves the cholesterol to tissues, where as HDL bring it back down to the liver to be recycled and used again. This idea that LDL clogs artieries is ridicoulous, anyone who claims this is a joke, refined sugars that are improperly processed into cholesterol in the body get stuck in the gap junction, that is what causes arteries to clog, refined sugars!

You are inhibiting your bodies ability to rebuild tissue and manufactor hormones, including testosterone. STOP TAKING THE STATINS. Without a particle test, there is no reason to take them.

This is quite a bold statement to make. Do you have any scientific studies to back up your assertions?

tammyp
03-02-2009, 07:43 AM
i will not take statins. i am genetically high..was 400, now 200 will RYR, COq10 and omegas. the risks are not worth it to me.

mangoat
03-02-2009, 08:30 AM
This is quite a bold statement to make. Do you have any scientific studies to back up your assertions?

Does anyone really buy into the Lipid Hypothesis anymore?

Did you know there is only ONE type of cholesterol? HDL and LDL are PROTEINS!

If you LDL is so harmful, then why do African tribes with high LDL, with diets that contain
at least 30% saturated fats have no coronary disease? LDL is required for cell repair!

What is it that makes certain substances Clog in the artery? Well, actually they get stuck in the
gap junction of the arteries, because they are improperly produced by the liver, and are way to small and cause massive inflammation. This happens to refined sugars.

Dietary Cholesterol doesn't have to be manufactured and it's not too small.

Cholesterol is the bodies Testosterone Pre-Cursor, testosterone is needed for Muscular hypertrophy.

When a cell is damaged and must be repaired, like say, a muscle cell, your body MUST use cholesterol to repair it, as the membrane is made up of cholesterol, LOW DENSITY LIPOPROTEIN, LDL, bring cholesterol UP, where it can repair the cell, when your body no longer needs that cholesterol, it uses HIGH DENSITY LIPOPROTEIN , HDL, to bring it back down into the liver,
to be sent somewhere else.

Which part is BOLD?

Dom
03-02-2009, 08:41 AM
I use it an I have no problems!

BiggMike
03-04-2009, 08:45 AM
Thank you for all the responses.