PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving is coming! How to get your bird right...

vboissiere
11-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Thought you might be interested in this recipe:

Here's a turkey recipe that includes the use of popcorn as a stuffing -- imagine that. When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people who stress over cooking the perfect Turkey, who just are not sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out. Give this a try.
8 - 15 lb. turkey

1 cup melted butter, (if you're hardcore, use 1 cup Species Mac oil)

1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is Good.)
1 cup uncooked popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHER'S LOW FAT) Salt/pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted butter salt, and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven.* Listen for the popping sounds. When the turkey's ass blows the oven door open and the bird flies across the room, it's done!!!

lymbo
11-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Thanks..good stuff

Tip’s & Tricks

MyTip for some extra White meat so pay attention..I like to cook a 12 to 16 lb Turkey. Then I buy 2 to 3 lb boneless breast Turkey Loins
I don’t stuff my Turkey with stuffing it dries it out..I cook my stuffing separately in a baking tin..Very easy..Take your defrosted Turkey rinse it out real good..Rub olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder inside and out..add a table spoon of chop garlic inside. Do the same with the Turkey loins..Put the Loins side by side and RAM them right up the Turkeys ass..Yes in side like Stuffing..Cook the Turkey per instructions as if Stuffed..that’s it…Make sure when your basting you squirt some inside to.
When the Turkey is done cover and let sit for at least 20 minutes. Pull the Loins out cut and serve with the rest..Extra white meat

elite_lifter
11-17-2009, 06:43 PM
I like the way the chef prepares the bird where I eat. Gonna be real, real good. I plan on eating at least 8k calories that night.

Mouse
11-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Never stuff a bird. That's a recipe for drying it out.

- Brine the bird in a salt/sugar/spice mixture overnight
- stuff with some cut onions, cinnamon sticks, apples for flavor
- Flame on for 1/2 hour at 500 degrees to brown the skin
- reduce heat to 350 and cover the breast meat only with aluminum foil
- cook until internal temp of white meat of 161 degrees
- buy lots of napkins for the oncoming succulence

GREENMACHINE23
11-17-2009, 07:24 PM
My advice is to look up the "Good Eats" episode on Foodnetwork.com titled "romancing the bird" Best turkey ever!

Mouse
11-17-2009, 07:25 PM
My advice is to look up the "Good Eats" episode on Foodnetwork.com titled "romancing the bird" Best turkey ever!

That's my recipe above...just a clipped version of it. Days later the thing is still juicy.

GREENMACHINE23
11-17-2009, 07:29 PM
That's my recipe above...just a clipped version of it. Days later the thing is still juicy.

It did look familiar:emb:. This is the ONLY way to prepare and cook turkey.

Rhonda
11-18-2009, 01:36 AM
Thought you might be interested in this recipe:

Here's a turkey recipe that includes the use of popcorn as a stuffing -- imagine that. When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people who stress over cooking the perfect Turkey, who just are not sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out. Give this a try.
8 - 15 lb. turkey

1 cup melted butter, (if you're hardcore, use 1 cup Species Mac oil)

1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is Good.)
1 cup uncooked popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHER'S LOW FAT) Salt/pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted butter salt, and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven.* Listen for the popping sounds. When the turkey's ass blows the oven door open and the bird flies across the room, it's done!!!

So, this means you're cooking it this year..? :p not bad!!!!

Northman
11-18-2009, 01:38 AM
1. Get in Car

2. Drive to Grandma's house

3. Turn on Football game

4. Grab some pre game Ice Cream

5. Have Girlfriend grab me a plate of turkey

6. Profit

vboissiere
11-19-2009, 07:24 AM
So, this means you're cooking it this year..? :p not bad!!!!

Lol. Don't know if you want that. Never made a turkey before. Some of the above sound really good though...

vboissiere
11-19-2009, 07:25 AM
1. Get in Car

2. Drive to Grandma's house

3. Turn on Football game

4. Grab some pre game Ice Cream

5. Have Girlfriend grab me a plate of turkey

6. Profit

I like how you think...