PDA

View Full Version : Practical uses for BCAA'S

RitaK
11-18-2009, 02:54 PM
There are many great articles about branch chain aminos. But as much as I love both the established and newly emerging science behind them it's the practical application that can really make a difference. It's well known that BCAA's are highly effective for training recovery and anti-catabolic action.

But lean mass support goes beyond the gym. I push hard in the gym...but life (especially my job) pushes back. No matter how well prepared I am there are (too) many times my meals are delayed and occasionally even skipped. I don't think I'm the only one experiencing this challenge! Although it’s no substitute for staying on track (!) I keep my water loaded up with BCAA's (I use LG Sciences BC + EAA…www.lgsciences.com) and drink throughout the day. In the off season, this really helps keep my energy and blood sugar stable while allowing me to continue to make progress in training. In the "dog days" of competition prep it keeps me from hitting the wall so hard.

If any of you are ever in the same boat give this a try and see if it helps!

bert
12-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Great post Rita, what about off season? I have always had it drilled into my head that BCAA's are really only beneficial if calories are reduced below maintenance levels.

v1hyp
12-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Thanks

B-DUB-
12-04-2009, 10:10 AM
seems to increase my recovery, I typically use before and after workouts.

bert
12-04-2009, 12:56 PM
seems to increase my recovery, I typically use before and after workouts.
Even in offseason when calories are not an issue?

B-DUB-
12-06-2009, 12:01 PM
yup, I have a tendency to train heavy, and need as much help as I can to recover.

v1hyp
12-08-2009, 07:02 AM
So what would you guys say would be a good ratio between BCAA & Water. I bring a 32oz plastic jug with me and mix about 10g of BCAA in it. I

NPCKnight
12-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Bring a bigger jug and put 30-40g in that MFer

B-DUB-
12-08-2009, 11:06 AM
try some chaind out by alri, im gonna start that next week, bought it in vages, leaving olympia expo

Jude2
12-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Rita, I also like the BC+EAA product. You can pretty much use as much as you like, depending on your goals. Plus it is one of the best tasting products that LG makes.

Con
12-09-2009, 07:43 PM
I don't drink water unless i have bcaa's in there been doing this for about 6 months.
Off season and contest prep and i love it.

NPCKnight
12-09-2009, 10:09 PM
try some chaind out by alri, im gonna start that next week, bought it in vages, leaving olympia expo

how youve gone this long without using it is my question LOL. you will love it.

B-DUB-
12-13-2009, 10:27 AM
i have used it before, just took some time off, moved into a new house bro...
awesome taste also

see you all at the Arnold!!

Jason Newman
12-13-2009, 12:25 PM
chaind woulda helped ya out with the DOMS from moving ;) either way BCAA's through the day is a great idea for recovery and anabolism

B-DUB-
12-15-2009, 09:25 AM
i need all the help i can get, wanna gain 20 lbs asap!!!

GDavis
12-27-2009, 11:00 PM
try this one

Take 3 to 5 grams in between all meals along with when you first wake up. This will help you stay anabolic. I recommend doing this in six to eight week cycles due to cost.

s2h
12-28-2009, 01:33 AM
i find BCAA's a waste of money if your using a high quality whey,they have more than enough BCAA's to cover all your needs.i used them relgiously for years but have since droped them totally after reading the BCAA amounts inquality whey protiens ie species,syntha 6,nectar,dymatize and so on.checkit out you would be suprised.Dave also supports BCAAS as a waste of money!

AlaskaMuscle
12-28-2009, 04:31 AM
I have used BCAA's in my water before and after workouts and even after a good night of Vodka consumption. Chained out is my favorite and my opinion is it is better than crystal light or anything else you put in your water. Why not use something that tastes good, doesn't give you a headache (like crystal light) and gives you the benifits of BCAA's. It just makes sense to me.

s2h
12-28-2009, 01:15 PM
havnt tried chained out,is it by ALR?my give it a look!!

AlaskaMuscle
12-29-2009, 01:59 AM
havnt tried chained out,is it by ALR?my give it a look!!

Yea its by ALR. It was the first ALR product I tried and it is my favorite.

vboissiere
12-29-2009, 02:06 AM
I love Chain'd Out. I do disagree with some. I think it's much more effective in a calorie restricted state. Much more cost efficient to just use whey in the off season. I haven't seen anything that supports the benifit of BCAA intake on it's own in a calorie surpluss environment.

s2h
12-29-2009, 02:43 AM
got point im gona check it out!!

AlaskaMuscle
12-31-2009, 08:44 AM
I love Chain'd Out. I do disagree with some. I think it's much more effective in a calorie restricted state. Much more cost efficient to just use whey in the off season. I haven't seen anything that supports the benifit of BCAA intake on it's own in a calorie surpluss environment.

I would have to agree. I should have explained that I am in a calorie restricted state and that is when I use the BCAA's. I like the taste and use it more than is necessary as an alternative water. In a non calorie restricted state I would also use whey for the most part. But when I want a sweet drink with no sugar Chain'd out is the way to go.

vboissiere
01-01-2010, 05:04 AM
I would have to agree. I should have explained that I am in a calorie restricted state and that is when I use the BCAA's. I like the taste and use it more than is necessary as an alternative water. In a non calorie restricted state I would also use whey for the most part. But when I want a sweet drink with no sugar Chain'd out is the way to go.

Good luck with your training. Hope 2010 brings you incredible gains and success! Stay strong.

s2h
01-01-2010, 10:22 AM
gonna go check out chainded out today"if anthing is open"anyhting that tastes good cant be that good for you espically if your calorie restricted!

NPCKnight
01-01-2010, 06:32 PM
gonna go check out chainded out today"if anthing is open"anyhting that tastes good cant be that good for you espically if your calorie restricted!

Chain'd out is incredible...and its good for you. Learn.

vboissiere
01-01-2010, 06:41 PM
I have nothing to do with ALR. Having said that, everything that I have tried from their company works as said. I think if you try Chain'd out (especially while cutting your calories) you will be amazed at the results.

Recently, I'm been fassting from whole foods every 3rd day (training day or not). I started with standard miconized BCAA and felt well (15g x 3 a day). I switched to Chain'd out and there's a difference not only with energy, but with performance in the gym. Try it and keep an open mind.