PDA

View Full Version : My intrepretation of WTF HAPPENED

knine110
02-09-2009, 08:29 AM
I have been waiting anxiously to post somewhere (that other board would have and did delete) about what I thought about that slack-ass statement that Steve posted. So here without further Ado is Nine’s Rant!!!

(John’s words in Italics and Bold)

Let’s start with Dave. During the last year, MD.com posted its greatest growth ever. We covered over 100 shows for the NPC and IFBB, complete with the fastest-to-the-web competitor photo posting on the internet; and pre-contest and wrap-up interview videos posted the same night.

I will start by giving Dave the utmost praise for building the website and forum to have as much content as it does. I have been a web savvy person for a while and couldn’t understand for the life of me why on Earth MD didn’t have a site and Flex did. It didn’t make any sense what so ever. Then when Dave was announced as the editor and chief of MD.com and I watched the growth I was astonished. Truth be told Dave was an inspiration to me in establishing my own site for my business. I don’t have anywhere near the content and was always wondering if Dave and John had if fact cloned themselves. I write all my own articles, tend to clients in different time zones, manage 5 blogs and have a full time job in the Army. I get no sleep. So I couldn’t imagine running a supplement line, covering contest, tending to NATIONAL LEVEL and PROFESSIONAL clients, managing the MD site, making training videos and interviews, along with a friggin radio show. To say that he wasn’t committed to MD is a hell of a slap in the face.

Species had full ad pages in MD. Whether those pages were paid for in cash, or as part of Dave’s compensation package, the fact remains that they were not free.
I had made mention of this on the other site was well. I have seen the Species full page ads. I know how much it cost to advertise in MD because I have inquired about it before. I pretty much figured that because of what I do know about the ads that any reference to them being “totally free” was either bullshit or totally irresponsible on the behalf of the AdMan.

It’s his inefficiency that causes him so much work, not that he’s getting so much done
Thank God that someone finally said it. I tell my boss this shit all the time. He comes in late and always talks about how he had to take his work home. I told him that all that says is that he has piss poor time management skills or lacks the capacity to perform better thru changing technology. Someone told me a few years ago that the typical workday is 8 hours minus lunch. If you couldn’t get your work done in that 8 hour period and had to constantly work late then there is nothing to brag about. If fact that kind of inefficiency can get you fired. Lucky for Steve that he is the boss.

Proof of that is the fact that all of you are over here now and tumbleweeds are blowing through the MD site! It’s true that in our spare time we did do other things. The jealously over the fact that we were becoming successful in other areas of the industry threatened Blechman, and THAT is the main reason he fired us.
I have read the 48 Laws of Power cover to cover about 5 times and continue to use it as a reference into the conniving nature of today’s business person. There are a few LAWS that can be referenced in this situation. When those laws are broken there is only one choice and that is to become your own master. This is what John and Dave did.
I posted this and I think it stayed let me check to see if it fell thru the cracks………………………….yep its still there. Thank God that I don’t have to type this again. Here it goes:
There is a point where I do think that Steve felt either slighted, jealous or threatened by Dave's presence where the "student began to outshine the master". Iin the 48 laws of power it clearly states

LAW 1: NEVER OUTSHINE THE MASTER

"Always make those above you feel comfortably superior. In your desire to please or impress them, do not go too far in displaying your talents or you might accomplish the opposite-inspire fear and insecurity. Make your masters appear brilliant than they are and you will attain the heights of power."

By constantly challenging Steve (and winning), getting expert analysis to debunk and discredit Steve on the radio show probably put Dave in a position to instill fear and insecurity in his Boss.
I will caveat this by saying that Johns statement on the forum in question was probably the nail in the coffin.

With Dave and me gone, MD will never again be what it was. While Blechman is under the impression that his magazine and website are “number one”, an in depth analysis of the numbers will prove otherwise. The reality is that MD is on the way down, right along with its page count and its editorial content. Blechman burns every bridge he crosses and routinely pisses off the powers that be in this industry, and at this point he’s running out of bridges and running out of favors with those who call the shots. More people are pissed at him than not, and it’s only a matter of time before he runs out of pieces to put together. And when that day comes, as it most surely will, he will have no one to blame but himself.
I think that everyone saw this coming especially with increased ad content in the magazine itself. There are a few on the other board that contend that “Dave and John aren’t MD” well I gave them this to chew on:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUTURE
No he wasn't.

My response was:
FUTURE this seems to be a popular opinion, wether or not you agree with it is of no consequence. If we had not learned anything in the last week its that Dave had A LOT to do with why some people were susscribers to MD. Same is if Simon left American Idol. Yea he isnt the entire show but he is the SOLE reason that some of us watch it. Dave had a MAJOR influence on the attitude, culture and content of the magizine. To what degree still remains to be seen however we cannot and should not make light of the impact that he had on MD as a whole.

Almost immediately, a posse of ass kissers jumped on Blechman’s leg and humped it into oblivion with their anti-keto shtick-- all to no avail because Dave put up a very astute fight relying on both science as well as his success in getting athletes ready for competition. I saw Dave, out in the cold, taking unwarranted pot shots from Blechman and sided with Dave because I know firsthand that his methods work and I knew that what Blechman was saying was contrived, biased, alarmist, and simply wasn’t happening in my case.
Evidence is evidence. I don’t particularly like the no carb approach (cause I likes me cookies) but I will not try to discredit the fact that the shit works!!! Toney Freeman is a glaring example of this. I too am extremely carb sensitive and have seen my body change within mere hours before and DURING a contest due to my miscalculation with carbs and how sensitive my body is. The smart thing for Steve to do would have been to get on the same page in order to capitalize on Dave’s success with the low carb diet rather than start a losing battle on line in front of everyone on earth no less.

At the same time, Blechman thought he was going to throw a wrench in my gears by forcing me to fully disclose the fact that I was being paid by Species to endorse Dave’s product line and that I was paid a commission on sales of those supplements. Interestingly, I did as I was told and the scheme backfired on Blechman.
There are several laws that apply here so I will say to most that if you read the book you will be able to figure it out. John essentially did as he was told and was subsequently fired for it. I can only imagine the night he told John to disclose this information how he went to bed with a smirk on his face at his apparent victory to only wake up to ruin when his plan to discredit had backfired horribly and ultimately polarized the community.

Bottom line is that MOST of us could see thru the BS and those of us that still stopped by the board only did so to keep in touch with the other like minded individuals that were on the board. I want to thank you for getting your site up so fast so that I have a place to hang my hat.

Thanks guys and may you have great success in the future.

Aaron “K-Nine” Washington

ThePoser
02-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Very interesting read. Just shows that a story ALWAYS has TWO sides!

Congrats on getting a new site up so quickly!

John Romano
02-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Wow!! That was some tongue lashing! Thanks, man. Appreciate the support!

knine110
02-09-2009, 09:30 AM

No Doubt Bro. You guys deserve everything you have coming to you. Congrats on breaking the 100 member mark in mere hours!!!

BILLY GUNS
02-09-2009, 09:38 AM

John is it ok to wear a species T-shirt here?:D

Bigzigga
02-09-2009, 09:43 AM
I don't think John or Dave are going to care what t-shirt anyone wears! And not only did they reach 100 members super quick but the posts are just flying up!

John Romano
02-09-2009, 09:55 AM
John is it ok to wear a species T-shirt here?:D

Dave and I are getting "Species" tattoos today. So, I guess shirts are fine for the rest of ya... NO GRAY AREAS!!!

flipper
02-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Are you guys going to get Species Tees in men sizes?.................lol

SallyAnne
02-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Dave and I are getting "Species" tattoos today. So, I guess shirts are fine for the rest of ya... NO GRAY AREAS!!!

Across your forehead? Dave's got a pretty big forehead.

RazorRipped
02-09-2009, 09:59 AM
I think Anthony Roberts did a great job tearing Blechman a new asshole.

Some of the pics are hilarious

http://blog.anthonyrobertsonline.com/

THUNDERGOD
02-09-2009, 10:06 AM
That was one hell of a post, but none of it is true. Billy Guns told me that things went downhill after he got banned from MD...Thats the real reason behind all of this...LOL:D

knine110
02-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Well I tried, lol;)

goddessamazon
02-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Great Post.

However, I have a question. I remember that thread by John announcing that he was working for Species Nutrition. It was going well for three pages. I was away from the site for a few days but subscribed to that thread so I can pick up where I left off. When I logged back on it was GONE!

What eventually happened for the thread to get deleted in the first place?

Anyone knows?

knine110
02-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Great Post.

However, I have a question. I remember that thread by John announcing that he was working for Species Nutrition. It was going well for three pages. I was away from the site for a few days but subscribed to that thread so I can pick up where I left off. When I logged back on it was GONE!

Anyone knows?

I can only speculate about this as I was following it also but I think it was deleted because the DESIRED effect was not achieved. Instead of it blowing up to 20 pages of "so what its a great product" type of support for John it had to be eliminated PRIOR to the firing. That way when he posted his bullshit reason/rebuttal for the firing there would be no historical documentation for individuals that were not in the know to make an informed decision on if he was blowing smoke up everyone's ass!

Just my $.05 (inflation ya know)

SallyAnne
02-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Great Post.

Anyone knows?

It was deleted as spam. :D lol It didn't exactly go the way Steve Blechman had planned it to go.

goddessamazon
02-09-2009, 10:54 AM
I can only speculate about this as I was following it also but I think it was deleted because the DESIRED effect was not achieved. Instead of it blowing up to 20 pages of "so what its a great product" type of support for John it had to be eliminated PRIOR to the firing. That way when he posted his bullshit reason/rebuttal for the firing there would be no historical documentation for individuals that were not in the know to make an informed decision on if he was blowing smoke up everyone's ass!

Just my $.05 (inflation ya know)

It was deleted as spam. :D lol It didn't exactly go the way Steve Blechman had planned it to go.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

CLASSIC! :D Now it all makes sense. This was the last piece I needed for this entire puzzle. It all makes sense now. Thanks for answering my question.

John Romano
02-09-2009, 11:37 AM
sick shit, hu?

joe-yamma
02-09-2009, 12:20 PM
great post. i think this sums up what many of us were also thinking when we read between the lines.

hifrommike65
02-09-2009, 04:46 PM
A writer once left a literary organization because it had mistreated one of its members over an internal political matter. Someone asked her what it was like to be outside the whale. She replied, "Do you mean 'outside the guppy'?"

John & Dave, you will be back better than ever. This may be the best thing that ever happened to you.

Relentless
02-09-2009, 04:52 PM
John, were you and Dave REALLY well compensated as Steve says?