PDA

View Full Version : True Protein product closest to Isolyze?

joe-yamma
11-19-2009, 05:42 PM
To those with experience with True Protein and their protein choices...

What product is closest to Species Isolyze?

WPI, CFM?
Cold-Filtered?
Ion-exchange?
Micro?
Ultra?

I love Isolyze and will continue to use it, but I want to purchase something similar from TP to stock up when I don't have the $ for Isolyze.

SuperSaiyanPump
11-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Well I know for a fact that the species product uses cold filtered process. So I would say going for that is the best bet

BIG AL WILLIAMS
11-20-2009, 11:58 AM
I was looking at True Protein myself.I like Isolyze but it's expensive as all hell and sometimes I can't afford to buy another bucket when my pockets are low.

Costco77
11-22-2009, 05:43 PM
I would suggest their CFM WPI

GottaGetLean
11-22-2009, 06:01 PM
cold-filtered

joe-yamma
11-30-2009, 04:15 PM
thanks to those who responded.

i picked up a sample pack (cold-filtered wpi) as well as a few lbs of the Ultra-filtered (CFM + Cold-Filtered) this weekend with the 11% off sale.
i figured i'd grab some when they were having a good sale... 11% still wasn't enough to cover the shipping, but oh well.

i'll update when i get the stuff about how it is.

DAVIDHARDY
11-30-2009, 05:24 PM
thanks to those who responded.

i picked up a sample pack (cold-filtered wpi) as well as a few lbs of the Ultra-filtered (CFM + Cold-Filtered) this weekend with the 11% off sale.
i figured i'd grab some when they were having a good sale... 11% still wasn't enough to cover the shipping, but oh well.

i'll update when i get the stuff about how it is.

Their cold filtered mixed VERY well and it has a good, lite flavor from what I can remember.

Youngguns
11-30-2009, 06:05 PM
The cold filtered is brilliant.

It's of the utmost quality. You can put a scoop in a glass of water, swish the glass around and it's disolved.

natron
11-30-2009, 06:24 PM
The cold filtered is brilliant.

It's of the utmost quality. You can put a scoop in a glass of water, swish the glass around and it's disolved.

Yes, and if you get unflavored, you have the utmost selection to mix it with so it doesn't get boring.

I usually mix mine with Crystal light, and have 7-8 different flavors on hand.

Youngguns
11-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Yes, and if you get unflavored, you have the utmost selection to mix it with so it doesn't get boring.

I usually mix mine with Crystal light, and have 7-8 different flavors on hand.
For those who can't stand artificial sweetners (headaches)

Try organic cocoa powder. It isn't sweet, but it's very palatable.

natron
11-30-2009, 06:29 PM
For those who can't stand artificial sweetners (headaches)

Try organic cocoa powder. It isn't sweet, but it's very palatable.

You can basically mix it with anything that suites your personal needs.

I've even mixed it in alcohol just to see if it would change the consistency/flavor, turns out I couldn't even notice it in there.

I do not condone putting whey in alcohol, for any idiots out there

DICE
11-30-2009, 07:16 PM
FWIW...I spend almost all my supp money at trueprotein... 50 lbs of protein is awesome... Flavors are great. Greens are great. creatine is great. Finding that place made me one happy mofo.

joe-yamma
12-09-2009, 11:38 AM
i got my order from TP the other day.

i got 6lbs of Ultra-filtered in a couple of different flavors, two samplers, and some other assorted capped/bulk supps.

i have to say that i am impressed with the quality of the Ultra WPI...
mixes very easily and taste is good (all premium flavors).

the only downside is the shipping... for my medium-size order it was almost $20.

the Ultra WPI is good, but it also reinforces how much i like Isolyze...
Isolyze just mixes so easily and goes down so clean.

Isolyze is still my favorite, but TP is a good lower-cost option that i will be using again in the future.

Youngguns
12-09-2009, 12:38 PM
The cost of shipping for my little town in Canada is really high, but it's still the best deal at the end of the day.

DICE
12-09-2009, 12:44 PM
save up and buy bulk. Then it works out way better as far as price.

joe-yamma
12-09-2009, 01:23 PM
The cost of shipping for my little town in Canada is really high, but it's still the best deal at the end of the day.

save up and buy bulk. Then it works out way better as far as price.
yep, i agree.
my order will be significantly larger next time.