PDA

View Full Version : who here has had their eye brows threaded

LainaJ
11-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Did it today and wow.. Hurts like a bitch but its fast and half the price of waxing. and from what I hear it lasts longer then waxing

stephaniewicked
11-19-2009, 08:38 PM
I have, but I'm not a fan... pain doesn't usually bother me, but I do have to admit that it hurts more than waxing/tweezing. My eyebrows just need cleanup, so I prefer to pluck them myself.

fitmomma3
11-19-2009, 09:38 PM
oh really it hurts? all the videos the girls never flinch...that sucks... IT looks so clean though I want to try it... but now I'm scared a lil lol

J_Lynne
11-19-2009, 09:57 PM
I love it and would never go back to waxing. It is a little more painful, but you get used to it. Plus it lasts longer and is better for your skin.

sassy69
11-20-2009, 12:08 AM
I think I need to explore eyebrow tattooing more than eyebrow tweezing/threading...

LainaJ
11-20-2009, 12:20 AM
i dont know much about that but i have done tatooing for eyeliner and love it. !!!!!!

I think I need to explore eyebrow tattooing more than eyebrow tweezing/threading...

LainaJ
11-20-2009, 12:22 AM
i have to agree with you. I loved the convenience of it. I am hoping it last longer than waxing and I will b sold for life

I love it and would never go back to waxing. It is a little more painful, but you get used to it. Plus it lasts longer and is better for your skin.

LisaRD23
11-20-2009, 12:09 PM
I get my brows threaded about every 2-3 weeks. You get used the pain of it. I like it much better than waxing...shape is more defined and you don't run the risk of getting burned by the wax. I've been getting my brows threaded since High School

LainaJ
11-20-2009, 03:02 PM
I wish I could pluck. I am so clumsy i always end up with one way shorter than the other

I have, but I'm not a fan... pain doesn't usually bother me, but I do have to admit that it hurts more than waxing/tweezing. My eyebrows just need cleanup, so I prefer to pluck them myself.

LainaJ
11-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Yah it hurts but not real bad. I always compare pain to giving birth.. Nothing has come close to that .. LOL if that helps at all

oh really it hurts? all the videos the girls never flinch...that sucks... IT looks so clean though I want to try it... but now I'm scared a lil lol

Kitty Kat
11-21-2009, 01:39 PM
I rather pluck them myself. I don't know if this happens all the time while they are doing the threading, but I've seen the ladies wetting the thread with saliva as they pull it with their mouth? Too many open pores, and too much bacteria.. I am very afraid of that..lol

DICE
11-21-2009, 02:16 PM
I get my brows threaded about every 2-3 weeks. You get used the pain of it. I like it much better than waxing...shape is more defined and you don't run the risk of getting burned by the wax. I've been getting my brows threaded since High School
same here. For real. I go to a little east indian place in South Vancouver, it's like 5 bucks. A gf took m years ago and I was sold. I always pay 10 cause i feel like I'm ripping them off with 5 bucks...

juicegirl311
11-22-2009, 09:19 AM
I rather pluck them myself. I don't know if this happens all the time while they are doing the threading, but I've seen the ladies wetting the thread with saliva as they pull it with their mouth? Too many open pores, and too much bacteria.. I am very afraid of that..lol

omfg i NEVER even thought of that! ewwwwww i am totally disgusted!!!! i get my lip and chin threaded i want TO PUKE!!! ew ew ewwwwwwwwww

tight booty
11-22-2009, 09:28 AM
I get my eyebrows waxed every 2-3 months. They only need a touch up because I basically keep my natural shape.
This threading sounds painful...:hypno:

Kitty Kat
11-25-2009, 10:13 AM
omfg i NEVER even thought of that! ewwwwww i am totally disgusted!!!! i get my lip and chin threaded i want TO PUKE!!! ew ew ewwwwwwwwww

LOl..
But am I right?? Have you seen them doing it??
I'm not trying to gross you out, but you never know..
I am very anal when it comes to hygene, special oral hygene. I used to work as an orthedontist & dental assistant. lol

robofsteel
11-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Hey Kat! That does sound gross though. Is there any job you haven't worked at? LOL

stephaniewicked
11-25-2009, 11:21 AM
I wish I could pluck. I am so clumsy i always end up with one way shorter than the other

Yeah, I overplucked a few years back and tried to grow them back, but I have some bald areas which I'm really self-conscious about. :( I'm in the same boat as Sass. I want to get tattooed to fill in the bald spots and also to define the arch a little bit more. Right now, it's too round (thanks to a cheap, bad wax service) and I've hated it for years. I want my eyeliner done too... hoping to do so within the next year. Maybe after tax season when I have some extra $$$.

stephaniewicked
11-25-2009, 11:35 AM

Actually, the two times I've seen it done the ladies DID do this! I think they guide the thread with their mouths since they only have two hands, lol. It is pretty gross actually.

LainaJ
11-25-2009, 03:00 PM
That is gnarly LOL the ladies I go to did not do that. But they do keep part of it in their mouth to hold it. But I would have to sock one of them if their saliva touched my skin lol I agree Kat.. there is soo much nasty stuff out there I wouldnt do it either. I only had my eyebrows threaded once but i cant imagine that being a normal practice.. ewwww.

LainaJ
11-25-2009, 03:02 PM
I love my eyeliner. Now that hurts like a bitch but it is soooo worth it. I get up every morning NOT looking like twice ran over road kill. IF you can do it go for it ..I am totally happy with my tatood eyeliner.

Yeah, I overplucked a few years back and tried to grow them back, but I have some bald areas which I'm really self-conscious about. :( I'm in the same boat as Sass. I want to get tattooed to fill in the bald spots and also to define the arch a little bit more. Right now, it's too round (thanks to a cheap, bad wax service) and I've hated it for years. I want my eyeliner done too... hoping to do so within the next year. Maybe after tax season when I have some extra $$$.

LainaJ
11-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Ok i am a threading virgin, only having it done once. Do they thread other things besides eyebrows. ??

stephaniewicked
11-25-2009, 03:17 PM
I love my eyeliner. Now that hurts like a bitch but it is soooo worth it. I get up every morning NOT looking like twice ran over road kill. IF you can do it go for it ..I am totally happy with my tatood eyeliner.

Pain is temporary... It doesn't bother me. I'm sure it's worth the results! :)

LainaJ
11-25-2009, 03:22 PM
HAHAHA... this is too true. It is totally worth it. Not too expensive either.I hope you do it!!
Pain is temporary... It doesn't bother me. I'm sure it's worth the results! :)

jlgiller
11-25-2009, 03:27 PM
I have hardly any body hair so what exactly is threading? I have looked into the tatooed eyebrows, eyeliner and lips. Being a natural blond is great for not having hair but you always wake up looking pale.

stephaniewicked
11-25-2009, 04:49 PM
YouTube- How-To Thread: Shobha Eyebrow Threading Video

Z33ACV2
11-25-2009, 05:00 PM
Ok i am a threading virgin, only having it done once. Do they thread other things besides eyebrows. ??

They can thread the whole face or parts of the face (upper lip, chin, sides, etc) I have gotten my whole face threaded. I'm not a happy camper while they are doing it.

LainaJ
11-25-2009, 05:12 PM
I bet!!! YOWCH

They can thread the whole face or parts of the face (upper lip, chin, sides, etc) I have gotten my whole face threaded. I'm not a happy camper while they are doing it.

Kitty Kat
11-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Hey Kat! That does sound gross though. Is there any job you haven't worked at? LOL

I think I've done pretty much everything.. lol
except for any sort of thing that my grandma won't be proud of me doing.. hahaha

Kitty Kat
11-25-2009, 10:09 PM
That is gnarly LOL the ladies I go to did not do that. But they do keep part of it in their mouth to hold it. But I would have to sock one of them if their saliva touched my skin lol I agree Kat.. there is soo much nasty stuff out there I wouldnt do it either. I only had my eyebrows threaded once but i cant imagine that being a normal practice.. ewwww.
haha.. sorry to have given you bad thoughts lol

I think with this economy, the posibilities are endless.. hahaha
if you ask, You might be surprised.. Or maybe its a New York Thing lol

ms.karen
12-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Been getting my eyebrows threaded for about a year now and I love it. Yes, the pain is a bitch, but they come out perfect every time and highly defined.