PDA

View Full Version : 3nB usage for AAS

natron
11-23-2009, 10:46 AM
I'm not sure if any of you folks around Rx Muscle are aware of the benefits of 3-n-Butylphthalide, so I thought I'd start a thread and mention some of the main benefits etc.

Let me start by saying this is a very useful compound, and seems very bodybuilder friendly.

First off, 3nB lowers blood pressure by both acting as a diuretic and vasodilator through impacting the production of prostaglandins. The interesting thing here is that 3nB exerts it's diuretic effect without altering sodium/potassium in the blood. Another benefit is that it increases blood flow to the brain unlike other blood pressure lowering meds. Celery seed extract has actually been shown to reduce the risk of strokes as well.

Secondly, 3nB is also a anti inflammatory compound that does not inhibit the production of prostaglandins, but rather assist in balancing the prostaglandin system. This may allow the anti inflammatory effects to occur without negatively effecting protein synthesis.

I have personally used celery seed extract to reduce blood pressure during the use of androgens, especially Trenbolone. It worked very well and the effects were noted within a few short days.

For those of you using trenbolone it may be a more scientifically backed/more effective method of reducing blood pressure than hawthorne berry and Co-Q10.

Yao Xue Xue Bao. 1998 Dec;33(12):881-5. Related Articles, Links

[Effects of butylphthalide on extracellular 6-keto-PGF1 alpha, TXB2 and 6-keto-PGF1 alpha/TXB2 ratio in cultured rat cortical neurons]

[Article in Chinese]

Yan C, Feng Y.

Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100050.

The effects of 3-n-butylphthalide(NBP) on the levels of 6-keto-PGF1 alpha, TXB2 and 6-keto-PGF1 alpha/TXB2 ratio were studied with methods of RIA. d-NBP and l-NBP(0.1-100 mumol.L-1) concentration-dependently increased 6-keto-PGF1 alpha release, decreased TXB2 release from neuronal cells, and significantly enhanced extracellular 6-keto-PGF1 alpha/TXB2 ratio in primary cultured rat cortical neurons exposed to hypoxic-hypoglycemic media for 5 h or hypoxic-hypoglycemic media for 5 h following normal media for 3 h. Aspirin(0.1-100 mumol.L-1) was also shown to inhibit TXB2 release from cortical neurons in a dose-dependent manner. However aspirin only increased 6-keto-PGF1 alpha/TXB2 ratio at low dose because aspirin inhibited both 6-keto-PGF1 alpha and TXB2 release simultaneously at large dose(10-100 mumol.L-1). This suggests that the action of l-NBP, d-NBP and dl-NBP on the increase of 6-keto-PGF1 alpha/TXB2 ratio might be one of the mechanisms in which NBP enhanced focal cerebral blood flow and improved ischemic brain damage.

PMID: 12016850 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] Yao Xue Xue Bao. 1996;31(1):13-7. Related Articles, Links

[Effect of dl-3-n-butylphthalide (NBP) on purine metabolites in striatum extracellular fluid in four-vessel occlusion rats]

[Article in Chinese]

Hu D, Huang XX, Feng YP.

Department of Pharmacology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing.

The effects of NBP on concentrations of some purine metabolites in extracellular fluid of rat striatum during global ischemia and reperfusion were studied. Global ischemia was produced by the four-vessel occlusion method. Push-pull cannula was implanted stereotaxically into the striatum of rat and was perfused with Ringer's solution at a flow rate of 2.5 microliters.min-1. The level of adenosine(Ade), inosine(Ino), hypoxanthine(Hyp) and xanthine(Xan) in perfusates were measured with HPLC connected with a UV detector. The results indicate that the levels of ade, ino, hyp and xan were significantly increased (about 3-5 times of initial value) during cerebral ischemia and reperfusion. NBP at the dose of 20 or 40 mg.kg-1 given intra-peritoneally 20 min before ischemia was shown to depress the increase of ade, ino, hyp and xan during ischemia and reperfusion dose dependently. But no change in the level of purine metabolites was found in sham operated rats. It has been known that harmful free radicals were produced when xan and uric acid were formed by xanthine oxidase during reperfusion. This might be important for the development of ischemic injuries. Our findings suggest that the effect of NBP might be beneficial for protection against post-ischemic neuronal damage.

PMID: 8762458 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

ArabMuscle
11-23-2009, 11:39 AM
I'm currently on Tren and haven't notice any High BP yet, but I'll consider this as a back up once the sides set in.

Noted and awesome post!

natron
11-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Natural Factors makes an excellent product containing 3nB.

Give it a try if you need to, It's a staple for me over the last few years. I accidentally came across this while treating a person with gout, who also had high blood pressure. She told me her blood pressure had regulated almost immediately after adding 3nB, so I dug and did some more research. Turns out it's a perfect fit for athletes and bodybuilders. Also, it's very rare to find a compound that inhibits negative inflammation and not positive inflammation.

hormoneman
11-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Tou can also use Natural Factors PeptAce Fish peptides to lower BP naturally - I use that plus celery seed extract and it works like a charm - BP was 112/75 yesterday after 12 weeks on a test prop/EQ cycle

http://www.naturalfactors.com/images/PIM/NF/Products/539__PeptACE-RS.pdf.pdf

natron
11-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Tou can also use Natural Factors PeptAce Fish peptides to lower BP naturally - I use that plus celery seed extract and it works like a charm - BP was 112/75 yesterday after 12 weeks on a test prop/EQ cycle

Wow, I'm truly surprised someone is actually using this besides me? HAHA, good ups on researching and taking care of yourself!

natron
11-23-2009, 12:38 PM

Did you notice any diuretic like effects?

hormoneman
11-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Did you notice any diuretic like effects?

Nothing abnormal - just the usual amount of piss

natron
11-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Nothing abnormal - just the usual amount of piss

haha, thanks for sharing!

Ryan Wacht
11-23-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm not sure if any of you folks around Rx Muscle are aware of the benefits of 3-n-Butylphthalide, so I thought I'd start a thread and mention some of the main benefits etc.

Let me start by saying this is a very useful compound, and seems very bodybuilder friendly.

First off, 3nB lowers blood pressure by both acting as a diuretic and vasodilator through impacting the production of prostaglandins. The interesting thing here is that 3nB exerts it's diuretic effect without altering sodium/potassium in the blood. Another benefit is that it increases blood flow to the brain unlike other blood pressure lowering meds. Celery seed extract has actually been shown to reduce the risk of strokes as well.

Secondly, 3nB is also a anti inflammatory compound that does not inhibit the production of prostaglandins, but rather assist in balancing the prostaglandin system. This may allow the anti inflammatory effects to occur without negatively effecting protein synthesis.

I have personally used celery seed extract to reduce blood pressure during the use of androgens, especially Trenbolone. It worked very well and the effects were noted within a few short days.

For those of you using trenbolone it may be a more scientifically backed/more effective method of reducing blood pressure than hawthorne berry and Co-Q10.

Yao Xue Xue Bao. 1998 Dec;33(12):881-5. Related Articles, Links

[Effects of butylphthalide on extracellular 6-keto-PGF1 alpha, TXB2 and 6-keto-PGF1 alpha/TXB2 ratio in cultured rat cortical neurons]

[Article in Chinese]

Yan C, Feng Y.

Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100050.

The effects of 3-n-butylphthalide(NBP) on the levels of 6-keto-PGF1 alpha, TXB2 and 6-keto-PGF1 alpha/TXB2 ratio were studied with methods of RIA. d-NBP and l-NBP(0.1-100 mumol.L-1) concentration-dependently increased 6-keto-PGF1 alpha release, decreased TXB2 release from neuronal cells, and significantly enhanced extracellular 6-keto-PGF1 alpha/TXB2 ratio in primary cultured rat cortical neurons exposed to hypoxic-hypoglycemic media for 5 h or hypoxic-hypoglycemic media for 5 h following normal media for 3 h. Aspirin(0.1-100 mumol.L-1) was also shown to inhibit TXB2 release from cortical neurons in a dose-dependent manner. However aspirin only increased 6-keto-PGF1 alpha/TXB2 ratio at low dose because aspirin inhibited both 6-keto-PGF1 alpha and TXB2 release simultaneously at large dose(10-100 mumol.L-1). This suggests that the action of l-NBP, d-NBP and dl-NBP on the increase of 6-keto-PGF1 alpha/TXB2 ratio might be one of the mechanisms in which NBP enhanced focal cerebral blood flow and improved ischemic brain damage.

PMID: 12016850 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] Yao Xue Xue Bao. 1996;31(1):13-7. Related Articles, Links

[Effect of dl-3-n-butylphthalide (NBP) on purine metabolites in striatum extracellular fluid in four-vessel occlusion rats]

[Article in Chinese]

Hu D, Huang XX, Feng YP.

Department of Pharmacology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing.

The effects of NBP on concentrations of some purine metabolites in extracellular fluid of rat striatum during global ischemia and reperfusion were studied. Global ischemia was produced by the four-vessel occlusion method. Push-pull cannula was implanted stereotaxically into the striatum of rat and was perfused with Ringer's solution at a flow rate of 2.5 microliters.min-1. The level of adenosine(Ade), inosine(Ino), hypoxanthine(Hyp) and xanthine(Xan) in perfusates were measured with HPLC connected with a UV detector. The results indicate that the levels of ade, ino, hyp and xan were significantly increased (about 3-5 times of initial value) during cerebral ischemia and reperfusion. NBP at the dose of 20 or 40 mg.kg-1 given intra-peritoneally 20 min before ischemia was shown to depress the increase of ade, ino, hyp and xan during ischemia and reperfusion dose dependently. But no change in the level of purine metabolites was found in sham operated rats. It has been known that harmful free radicals were produced when xan and uric acid were formed by xanthine oxidase during reperfusion. This might be important for the development of ischemic injuries. Our findings suggest that the effect of NBP might be beneficial for protection against post-ischemic neuronal damage.

PMID: 8762458 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Good post, I do find coq10 and hawthorne berry to be very effective in lowering my BP, now I might try adding the 3nB to it as well.