PDA

View Full Version : Help with Acne

Larry C
03-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Do you know a good treatment for acne? I can get it on the backs of my arms, my back and some on my chest. I'm a natty and I'm not prepping for a contest but this can be something I can be self-conscious of.

Scoobysnacks
03-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Do you know a good treatment for acne? I can get it on the backs of my arms, my back and some on my chest. I'm a natty and I'm not prepping for a contest but this can be something I can be self-conscious of.

Bro I moved your post as it had nothing to do with contest tips and pointers.

OTC make sure you arent letting your skin get to dry, when I would shower sometimes twice daily and not moisturize my dry skin would overcompensate resulting in some bumps. Now that I moisturize I get nothing. If your skin is sensitive get a lotion that doesnt have fragrances.

Also try hitting the tanning bed once per week, the sunlight also helps keep my skin clear.

Lastly, if its bad see a dermo and get some Accutane.

Good Luck

Larry C
03-02-2009, 05:17 AM
Sorry about that Scooby, thanks for replying I'll definitely try a moisturiser.

tammyp
03-02-2009, 06:06 AM
see your dr. i had to get a script for mine and it cleared it right up. accutane is NASTY..make it a last resort.

Larry C
03-15-2009, 09:28 PM
see your dr. i had to get a script for mine and it cleared it right up. accutane is NASTY..make it a last resort.

Were you given a cream? I've been given a cream that seems to work on my arms but to get some on my back i'd either need to be a contortionist or to have a girlfriend. I was hoping there might be a shower gel for it but havn't found one yet.

red barraca
03-15-2009, 10:27 PM
try some tanning

tiramisu
03-15-2009, 10:39 PM
acne has all sort of causes. you will have to play around till you find yours.

Larry C
03-16-2009, 07:09 AM
try some tanning

Don't have enough money to make regular visits to a sun bed and the Irish summers can be unpredictable but I'll definitely try going to the beach. Thanks man.

tammyp
03-16-2009, 08:07 AM
i tried everything over the counter..see your dr ...finally got some differin and antibiotics and i am clear as a bell.

chucksm00th
03-16-2009, 09:48 AM
if your getting acne all over your back and arms your best bet is Accutane. Yes it is a bit harsh but it will eliminate it in the fastest manner. Most Dr's will perescrbe something like minocycline or docxycycline (an antibiotic) but if your all about gaining muscle the antibiotics can inhibit protein systhesis. From a bodybuilder perspective i would go for accutane, but if your not concerend w/ maxium gains etc go for the antibiotics, they will take a bit more time than the accutane

Koubs
03-17-2009, 01:57 PM
I know how you feel, I used to have problems with acne, and tried a ton of different OTC products as well as going to the dermatologist for creams, etc... I also went tanning, and that definitely did HELP, but it didn't solve the problem...

The creams didn't work very well... most OTC products 'helped', but didnt' solve the problem... ACNE FREE though is one product that has worked fantastic for me!! It's an OTC product, you can get it at the grocery store... It got rid of it fast and kept my skin looking great!! It's a 3-step system (like pro-active), with the cleanser, toner, and benzyl peroxide cream

It's worth a shot, it cleared up my skin fast and kept it looking really good! It's like $20 at the store, lasts at least a month

Larry C
03-17-2009, 05:54 PM
if your getting acne all over your back and arms your best bet is Accutane. Yes it is a bit harsh but it will eliminate it in the fastest manner. Most Dr's will perescrbe something like minocycline or docxycycline (an antibiotic) but if your all about gaining muscle the antibiotics can inhibit protein systhesis. From a bodybuilder perspective i would go for accutane, but if your not concerend w/ maxium gains etc go for the antibiotics, they will take a bit more time than the accutane

I'm pretty thin but I definitely want to put on a lot of mass. My doc gave me a prescription for a cream called Duac. I'm living in Ireland so we can have similar products but under different names, I'll enquire about that acutane.

Here's a few pics from 2 days ago and you can see the problem areas and yes I know I'm tiny but I'm working on it:

Larry C
03-17-2009, 05:59 PM
As you can see I've got pale Irish skin so I would be wary of tanning beds.

Ken "Skip" Hill
03-18-2009, 05:28 AM
Look, I don't want to sound like a dick but giving advice for him to get accutane without even seeing his pictures of how bad (or not bad) his acne is is pretty... well..... not so cool. If you know anything at all about accutane it is TERRIBLE on the liver - vicious. That should be not only the last resort but probably not even considered unless your situation is so bad that you feel the risk if worth it. Just make damned sure that you know accutane isn't something screw around with.

I was surprised when I read this thread that B5 wasn't mentioned, not even once. I have never once broken out on my back or arms, etc., but I have had a LOT of clients over the years that have - some badly and others mildly but the B5 was the only thing that consistently worked for damned near every single one of them. In fact, even when most end up going to a dermatologist these days, the dermatologist will recommend B5 before giving a script for accutane. Why? Because it works so well.

B5 dosing very simply cuts the body's production of secumb - the oil in the skin. Most times, bad acne isn't related to clogged pores, at all. It is under the surface of the skin sometimes very deep. Cleaning the shit out of the skin won't do a damned thing for this type of acne. I recommend starting dosing at 500mg, 4 times a day for a week or two and see what happens. BE PATIENT. It has to have time to cut the oil production AND let the bacteria that is already present die out. From there, up the dosing to 1g, 3 to 4 times a day and do that for 2-4 weeks. By this time you should be starting to notice a positive change. Once you do get the skin under control, continue to take it so that your skin doesn't get too oily, again. Being a B vitamin, you have to take it several times a day. Once won't work.

Skip

Larry C
03-18-2009, 07:50 AM
Thanks for that reply Skip. I don't have much money these days for extra supplements but I'll look around at B5 products. Cheers.

Ken "Skip" Hill
03-19-2009, 05:43 AM
Thanks for that reply Skip. I don't have much money these days for extra supplements but I'll look around at B5 products. Cheers.

It is rediculously inexpensive.

Skip

Larry C
03-29-2009, 05:49 AM
Alright so the amount of spots on my chest has lessened but I can't get the cream on some parts of my back. Do you guys use a special shower gel for the back or do you just wash it a certain way? I think I might invest in one of those loufa things.