PDA

View Full Version : Eyebrow Tattooing?

sassy69
11-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Anyone have any experience w/ this? I'm one of those people w/ light hair & skin, and my eyebrows also manage to trail off into nothing about 3/4 of the way to where they should be continuing. I find I have to be really careful about the color pencil / powder I use or I start to channel Joan Crawford (ok, not that bad, but anything brownish contrasts too much w/ my coloring).

Also how would you go about finding someone who is "good" to do this? Obviously w/ any tattoo you don't want to be stuck w/ bad results....

Curt James
11-25-2009, 06:07 PM
I guess it's like with a good hairpiece, you never recognize them because they look so realistic. Unfortunately, I've seen many women with horrible crayoned on eyebrows that just look absurd.

Otoh, there are worse things than sparse eyebrows.

http://rufingserious.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/eyebrows.jpg

http://cdawgownd.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/unibrow1.gif

Proceed with caution. Of course, it seems you're already thinking in that vein.

Amazon Doll
11-25-2009, 08:15 PM
Sassy, I had it done 15 years ago and it looks very natural.

sassy69
11-25-2009, 10:54 PM

That's what I like to hear!

Has it faded at all?

tammyp
11-26-2009, 06:21 AM
barbie would be a good one to ask jill..shes had her makeup tatooed.

Sledge
11-26-2009, 07:09 AM
get tribal eyebrows.

OH EVEN BETTER get flames that'd be so coooool

ripcurlgirl
11-26-2009, 11:33 AM

I've been thinking about this lately too. A friend's mother had it done 10 years ago and loves it. She's a redhead gone white and it looks great. Scarey commitment though...

jlgiller
11-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Anyone have any experience w/ this? I'm one of those people w/ light hair & skin, and my eyebrows also manage to trail off into nothing about 3/4 of the way to where they should be continuing. I find I have to be really careful about the color pencil / powder I use or I start to channel Joan Crawford (ok, not that bad, but anything brownish contrasts too much w/ my coloring).

Also how would you go about finding someone who is "good" to do this? Obviously w/ any tattoo you don't want to be stuck w/ bad results....

Hey at least you have some eyebrow I have none unless I color them in. I have to use light brown eyeshadow the pencils all look weird. I have a friend in KY who does this but I have been afraid to go through with it.

sassy69
11-26-2009, 08:52 PM
I'll try to include some references as I continue my research on this. Some initial stuff:

Description of eyebrow tattooing:
http://www.plasticsurgeryadvisor.com/cosmetic-plastic-surgery/eyebrow-tattoo.shtml

American Academy of Micropigmentation (i.e. your treatment should be done by someone AAM certified):
http://www.micropigmentation.org/consumer/consumer.php

About Micropigmentation:
http://www.yourplasticsurgeryguide.com/other-procedures/micropigmentation.htm

BadAssBarbie
11-27-2009, 12:09 PM
barbie would be a good one to ask jill..shes had her makeup tatooed.
Wow! I can't believe you remembered that!! I have my lips and eyeliner tattooed. I have plenty of eye brows that are fairly dark. Tattooing the eyebrows is pretty painless though, because there aren't a lot of nerve endings in that area. Just talk to whoever you find to do it, look at pictures of their work. They can do it in strokes so it looks like eyebrow hairs..instead of a colored in stencil looking thing stuck on your face!! You also want to make sure they use a high quality ink!!! The soft touch machine feels much better and is quieter than a regular tattoo machine too.

sassy69
11-27-2009, 09:58 PM
^^ Thx for your input - I need to find someone locally. I did find one place just north of where I live where I might go in for a consult. Nice to know its not "painful"!

BadAssBarbie
11-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Na, eyebrows aren't painful at all from what I've heard. Eyeliner doesn't really "hurt" either...it's more irritating than anything. Lips, on the other hand, hurt like f-ing hell!!!!

Amazon Doll
11-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Mine has faded over the years. I am fair haired so I always had a "washed out" look and was not big on using make-up with my active lifestyle. So I had eyeliner & eyebrows done and loved it. I have needed to go get the eyeliner retouched since it has faded but the eyebrows look more natural now that they have faded some. I thought they were to dark when they were first done.

GirlyMuscle
11-28-2009, 02:47 PM
get tribal eyebrows.

OH EVEN BETTER get flames that'd be so coooool

Ah ha.....now I see what the crazy Ninja was going on about...

cat
11-30-2009, 12:05 AM
I have light brown eyebrows that are sparse and trail off as well. I was told by a doctor that Latisse, which is for eyelashes, can be used for eyebrows as well.
I was even considering an 'eyebrow' transplant to thicken them up.

Has anyone ever done that or seen the results of that?

fitbody
01-02-2010, 12:56 AM
i have my eyebrows tatooed
and my lips
and my eyeliner

so it happened like this
one of my closest best girlfriends has beautiful eyebrows
i said to her fuck how do you get your eye brows so perfect
she said they're tatooed
so i went to her lady who by the way took weeks just to call me back and a few months to get in to see
SHE'S THAT GOOD
but i've seen some horrific jobs so if you are gonna tatoo your face
you better make sure the person is incredible

i've never been happy with my lips my whole life cuz i think they are thin
for yrs checked into every which way to get the bigger
all of which scare me and have problems I wasnt satisfied with any procedure out there
i had checked into tatooing lips quite a few x's over the yrs
so i got my eye brows & lips done at the same time
my lips are very natural and just extended the look of my lips
(I didn't get them filled in cuz you can)
SHE DID A FUCKIN' AMAZING JOB

she did such good work that i trusted her to do my eyeliner the following yr
i think originally it was xmas of 2007 i got eye brows & lips & 2008 eye liner
xmas pressys to myself
some of the best money i've ever spent on myself

PS: I'LL GO TO HER FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE
they do fade over time, but can be 5 yrs plus till they need doing again
money well spent

fitbody
01-02-2010, 12:59 AM
Na, eyebrows aren't painful at all from what I've heard. Eyeliner doesn't really "hurt" either...it's more irritating than anything. Lips, on the other hand, hurt like f-ing hell!!!!

agree
lips aren't that painful while happening
but hurt for a good few days after
depending how much work done

if you're suseptible to cold sores make sure you take the pills before from the doc to avoid this cuz it can skrew up the work

s2h
01-02-2010, 12:31 PM
does the hair grow back or does the tatoo keep it from growing,wow this could save me a shit load of money(not me)my wife and daughter,thats all we do go to the nail place spend 20 bucks a gag on that smell!!!

fitbody
01-02-2010, 01:12 PM
does the hair grow back or does the tatoo keep it from growing,wow this could save me a shit load of money(not me)my wife and daughter,thats all we do go to the nail place spend 20 bucks a gag on that smell!!!

the hair grows over it
and they don't shave the hair to do the tatoo anyway

i fuckin love the work Ana did on me
but you have to go to someone incredible cuz its your face
you don't want that fucked up