PDA

View Full Version : Palumbo vs. DiPasquale

BiGDaDDy
03-01-2009, 10:34 PM
I mean their respective diets. (LOL) I am 16 weeks away from going on vacation to Mexico and I want to look my best(strict dieting). I am 6' 330lbs. @ 20%BF. I would like to cut as much fat as possible.
I am contemplating using one of the two above mentioned diets. I was wondering what everyone's thoughts about the Palumbo diet compared to the Anabolic diet. I have read a lot about both of these diets and each time I read them I learn something new.
Does anyone have any experience using the Anabolic Diet for gaining mass and the contest prep? I had read somewhere that on Dave's mass diet that he adds in 20-25 grams of carbs to each meal... couldn't you increase lean muscle mass using his cutting diet by adding 15-20% more calories to their respective macros? He states that carbs are the gasoline/fuel for the body...why use them for the mass diet?
With the help of the member's experience of RxMuscle I would like to start my Diet/Training Journal Monday March 9, 2009. If that might be possible. I have read alot and learned alot from everyone and actually do recognize alot of you from other boards. I would appreciate/value any advice you might offer. Thanks!!!!!

Frosty
03-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Do Dave's diet. It will work better for you than the Anabolic Diet, trust me.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I highly doubt you're 20% bF. If you were, you'd be like 272 lbs in contest shape. Are you sure you aren't more like 35-40%?

BiGDaDDy
03-02-2009, 09:27 AM
I am pretty sure. I have had a 10-point caliper test Saturday. (ususally 7-pt skinfold test) The average of all my sites is 20%. 15-16 weeks is the usual contest prep time. That is why I have asked for the input now. I have been maintaining my weight at 4000 cals a day for the last 4 months. Cardio has been twice a week for the last 4 weeks. I have been lifting consistenetly for about 6 years. Always been big. Played pro ball for about 3 years. Broke my ankle 2 years ago(6 pins holding it together). Complete and forever natty. Ready to cut up and maybe compete in 2010.

Frosty
03-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Good luck man, you should look great!! I was always a chubster until Dave's Diet. His combo of the diet and the low intensity cardio was the first thing that got me in decent shape.

Frosty
03-02-2009, 10:13 AM
A different note. I know you asked about the difference between the Anabolic Diet and the Palumbo Diet for gaining mass.

Honestly the Anabolic Diet, the original one, is an old idea. Di Pasquale worked with Charles Poliquin and that's where Poliquin developed his low carb plan for mass gain. He does 2-2.25g/lb bwt in protein, fats look a bit closer to Dave's diet than Di Pasquale's original Anabolic Diet, and he does a carb day every 5-7 days. He uses PWO carbs. Otherwise low carb. All this he varies depending on bodyfat levels.

BK
03-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Bump your cardio up to four days a week adn try and do that in the morning on an empty stomach. That is the optimal time to burn bodyfat.
I would'nt worry too much about trying to follow Dave or DiPasquale's diet. Just bump your protein intake 1.5-2.0 G per/LB BW, keep your carbs below 100 G and your fat intake moderate.