PDA

View Full Version : It's always good to know people....

~gymdiva~
11-29-2009, 08:40 PM
by Nick Paglino
Nov 28, 2009
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the reason why Kofi Kingston is getting such a big push right now is because WWE officials feel that the company needs an African-American baby face towards the top of the card. After several other talents that were selected for the spot didn't work out the way the company had hoped, the decision was made to give Kingston the big push.

It's also being reported that Jack Swagger's push has been slowed down, and possibly even halted, as WWE officials feel that he is not panning out the way the company had hoped.

As far as Sheamus and Drew McIntyre are concerned, they are getting their respective pushes right now because Sheamus is the work out partner of Triple H, and McIntyre is well liked by both Triple H and Shawn Michaels.

(from WZ)

fatbackgoal
11-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Can see the Kofi push, just the society we live in and good business by WWE. As for the other two blokes I can't for the life of me see why they are getting a push. Sheamus and Drew bring nothing to the mic and wrestling skills are average.

The Big Sexy
11-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Drew isn't too bad on the mic.. but needs a little more than a cocky Irishman. Sheamus, he's just a big brute... again, nothing to the microphone... but he's big and pretty in shape - so, that is always good in the WWE.

swoleoneday
11-30-2009, 03:35 PM
I'm going to call BS on Kofi... he was a midcarder that never talked, but got huge pops every night. Its obvious that the next step would be to try him out against a main eventer and give him mic time.

All that race talk is crap... he earned that shot, nothing else.

TheCutMan
12-01-2009, 04:34 PM
All that race talk is crap... he earned that shot, nothing else.

He definitely earns his shot but I doubt that this is the reason he got the chance.
WWE management tends to make strange decisions...

swoleoneday
12-02-2009, 08:14 AM
He definitely earns his shot but I doubt that this is the reason he got the chance.
WWE management tends to make strange decisions...

I have to agree there... I tend to believe its more Vince than anything... he says push Kofi, and creative has to come up with something that makes sense...

In this case with Kofi though, IMO it is working. Sheamus and Drew... we'll just have to wait and see