PDA

View Full Version : Best current wrestler in the world?

~gymdiva~
11-29-2009, 08:43 PM
Melina! at least, according to Bret Hart....now how'd you like to have that title bestowed upon you by someone like him!

by Matt Boone
Nov 29, 2009
MelinaPerezFan1 sent along the following:

Bret Hart has praised WWE Divas Champion Melina in an audio interview with Ministry of Slam. In the past, Bret has praised her work and referred to her as his favorite wrestler today. In this audio interview, he says: “I think there's some great wrestlers in the WWE. I think Melina is, you know to me is really creative and imaginative, and she's an innovator and she comes up with some great matches, I love watching her wrestle. In a lot of ways I think she’s the best wrestler in the world right now.”

(from WZ)

fatbackgoal
11-30-2009, 01:41 PM
I think Bret has taken one to many shots to the head. I would say the top 5 female wrestlers today are all in TNA. I base this on in ring performance as well as being able to handle the mic.

~gymdiva~
11-30-2009, 11:06 PM
well we unfortunately would probably never know if all we get to judge her (or any other DIVA) on is what we see on tv b/c god knows we don't see jack as it is!

bodimajestik
12-01-2009, 05:17 AM
Melina! at least, according to Bret Hart....now how'd you like to have that title bestowed upon you by someone like him!

(from WZ)

I think Lita was good....

swoleoneday
12-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Melina is just flexible... that makes for some interesting stuff in the ring, but top wrestler... I think not.

I think he probably has the hots for her, that's it.

I used to think Sable was pretty good back when she first started wrestling... now I realize it wasn't my primary head that was thinking that.

TheCutMan
12-01-2009, 04:31 PM
I think Lita was good....

I think she absolutely sucked. The only thing that made her special was her moonsault - and that one was for from "picture perfect".

Best current wrestler? Hard to say as there are many different styles of wrestling.
Overall I think Chris Jericho belongs in the top 3.

bodimajestik
12-02-2009, 02:24 AM
I think she absolutely sucked. The only thing that made her special was her moonsault - and that one was for from "picture perfect".

Best current wrestler? Hard to say as there are many different styles of wrestling.
Overall I think Chris Jericho belongs in the top 3.

LOL....I was referring to the female wrestlers.....of course you cannot compare them to male wrestlers

Amongst male wrestlers my favorite is Bill Goldberg

TheCutMan
12-02-2009, 05:29 AM
I'm perfectly aware of the fact that you were speaking of female athletes. Nevertheless Lita sucked in my mind.
She didn't even know the basics. All she could do were her two high spots: Hurricanrana and moonsault. But that doesn't get you very far in a real wrestling match if you can't even hit a decent forearm.

And Goldberg is not a current wrestler. ;)

bodimajestik
12-02-2009, 05:57 AM
I'm perfectly aware of the fact that you were speaking of female athletes. Nevertheless Lita sucked in my mind.
She didn't even know the basics. All she could do were her two high spots: Hurricanrana and moonsault. But that doesn't get you very far in a real wrestling match if you can't even hit a decent forearm.

And Goldberg is not a current wrestler. ;)

Lita won pretty decent fights.....and currently everybody is a pussy..Its been more then a year I have stopped watching WWE. I use to watch when there was Rock, Austin, Goldberg. etc

Batista, Cena are some of the bore shits out there.....they don't have an entertaining storyline anymore....tey don't even wrestle good or entertain good...they suck....that is why crowd is moving to UFC and other shit....their stars have left the building and only nerds are left.....so keep enjoying the boredom

TheCutMan
12-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Where do you find me saying present wrestling is better than it was 10 years ago.
My favourite wrestlers of all time are Bret Hart and Steve Austin. So I do agree with you stating WWE isn't what it used to be.
But that's a hole other issue. In this thread it's supposed to be about the best current wrestler.

fatbackgoal
12-02-2009, 10:35 AM
The best current wrestler when I look at in ring ability and mic skills to me is Kurt Angle. It's true, It's true.

LANCE ADAM
12-05-2009, 12:07 AM
KENTA!!! as always. aj is up there 2

YoungytheKing
12-05-2009, 02:17 AM
Melina? What is Bret smoking up there in Canada. Her skills are about as good as her banners in the back!!

Kurt Angle has to be still in the mix as the best in the business!!

Marduk The UnREPable
12-12-2009, 04:50 AM
Best Wrestler ...Mistico or a guy called Ultimo Guerrero , both from Mexican Federation CMLL...Regarding WWE or CMLL ,, either Jericho or Angle , Jericho is damn good with the mic,,, CM Punk has evolved into a great performer.Morrison and Jack Swagger are probably WWE's future , they have the talent to be awesome.

TPT
12-12-2009, 10:46 AM
KENTA!!! as always. aj is up there 2

now these two guys can really wrestle- kenta and aj.

but, gotta agree with the fellas on kurt angle. he still has it. and blends the wrestling and entertainment that brings back the nostalgia of steve austin and the rock. angle makes everyone better- smaller cruserweights to aging superstars.

LANCE ADAM
12-13-2009, 12:40 AM
kurt is the man, still is. I got say i know NIGEL MCGUINESS was good but since sein him in TNA im really impressed with his whole character in all aspects