PDA

View Full Version : can someone recommend me post workout recovery supplement tt dont have tons of carbs

xxterxx
11-30-2009, 10:17 AM
Its because i train at night... usually im done training about 9pm...... drink my post workout shake before having my last meal at 10pm and go to sleep soon afterwards...

i tried using universal torrent PWO... but i noticed im gaining fats... so im looking for something that doesnt have that much carbs or sugar...

btw my last meal after my shake is usually steak and salad....

NYJetsFan80
11-30-2009, 11:11 AM
Gaspari is coming out with an Intra PWO formula with whey hydrolosate in the next week or two.:yep:
If you don't want any carbs post workout I'd go with Beverly's Muscle Provider which is a combination of wheys including hydrolosate and has tons of BCAAs:D:bowdown:

NYJetsFan80
11-30-2009, 11:12 AM
Gaspari is coming out with an Intra PWO formula with whey hydrolosate in the next week or two.:yep:
If you don't want any carbs post workout I'd go with Beverly's Muscle Provider which is a combination of wheys including hydrolosate and has tons of BCAAs:D:bowdown:

By the way Gaspari's new product is an improved on Size-On

vboissiere
11-30-2009, 11:15 AM
You post workout intake should be determined by your diet approach. If your using low carb, regular whey isolate with some olive oil will do just fine.

tyedtye
11-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Gaspari have a pre contest version of the size on out in the next 2 weeks it has no carbs and also one with the carbs and as jet fan said it has whey hydrosolates it looks unreal

Frosty
11-30-2009, 01:36 PM
You post workout intake should be determined by your diet approach. If your using low carb, regular whey isolate with some olive oil will do just fine.

My thoughts exactly :)

DAVIDHARDY
11-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Its because i train at night... usually im done training about 9pm...... drink my post workout shake before having my last meal at 10pm and go to sleep soon afterwards...

i tried using universal torrent PWO... but i noticed im gaining fats... so im looking for something that doesnt have that much carbs or sugar...

LG Sciences Postal only has 13 carbs per scoop, but Vbossiere makes a good point. Go with your goals. Personally, I'm in the offseason and I like to take this with a couple of servings of BC&EAA for more aminos and then a couple of scoops of Lipotropic about 15-20 min later, but if fat loss is your goal, skip the carb containing supps altogether.

Ninja Loco
11-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Bingo!! I mean, really.

natron
11-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Bingo!! I mean, really.

Yep, i'll third or fourth that.

MichaelWayne
11-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Yep, i'll third or fourth that.

Maybe two shakes, one directly after with ISO and the other a little later (like before bed) with the EVO or Mac Oil....you know, absorbtion rate and all.

natron
11-30-2009, 03:11 PM
This is honestly what I use post workout.

30 grams of undenatured whey isolate
20-50 grams of dextrose (depends on goals at the time, 20 during cutting, 50 during bulking)
5 grams of creatine monohydrate

That is it. It's very cheap, very effective and it's cheap. Oh yeah, it's cheap and effective.

Cut all the rocket science out and stick with what works, and can afford long term.

vboissiere
11-30-2009, 03:18 PM

20-50 grams of dextrose (depends on goals at the time, 20 during cutting, 50 during bulking)

That is it. It's very cheap, very effective and it's cheap. Oh yeah, it's cheap and effective.

Cut all the rocket science out and stick with what works, and can afford long term.

How does the dextrose clear your stomach? There is a guy from my old gym that would so that. He loved it.

natron
11-30-2009, 03:29 PM
How does the dextrose clear your stomach? There is a guy from my old gym that would so that. He loved it.

How dose it clear my stomach?

Are you referring to shitting?

If you are, I shit normal, dextrose has no affect on my bowel movements.

vboissiere
11-30-2009, 03:33 PM
How dose it clear my stomach?

Are you referring to shitting?

If you are, I shit normal, dextrose has no affect on my bowel movements.

Lol. Sorry. I wasn't trying to be rude. I was asking because when I was in school, we would use dextrose in pre training drinks and it felt like it sat in my stomach. I did notice a good pump (which I always thought was weird because my stomach was bloated).

natron
11-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Lol. Sorry. I wasn't trying to be rude. I was asking because when I was in school, we would use dextrose in pre training drinks and it felt like it sat in my stomach. I did notice a good pump (which I always thought was weird because my stomach was bloated).

lol@not unrstanding WTF you were talking about? haha

Well I use a lower dose and it doesn't bother me, but when I take in more while bulking , I have to wait about an extra 30 minutes before I eat my next meal. So it's tolerable for me.

Youngguns
11-30-2009, 04:18 PM

Why do I use 75 grams of gatorade post workout at 170lbs then?

:hypno:

natron
11-30-2009, 05:09 PM

Because of Cell-tech ads???

You tell me?

Frosty
11-30-2009, 11:39 PM

If you're doing lots of volume at higher rep ranges then that would be fine.

bodimajestik
12-01-2009, 04:15 AM

ON's whey is the best whey you can have in your case. Very low on carbs. I have the same issue just like you, I want very good protein with min carbs because I get my carbs well enough from the food I eat.
GO FOR ON

Jude2
12-01-2009, 09:51 PM
LG Sciences Postal is a good recovery product. It contains 13g of carbs, which 4g are sugar. It also contains BCCA, amino acids and creatine in it. PM if you would like to try it.

trap
12-02-2009, 04:26 PM

true.

..and i like some creatine also.

Frosty
12-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Whey, creatine, multivitamin :)

big.poppa.pump
12-02-2009, 10:54 PM
It's funny how only LG Science sponsored atheletes recommend LG Science

DAVIDHARDY
12-03-2009, 08:34 AM
It's funny how only LG Science sponsored atheletes recommend LG Science

Yeah, that's hilarious...do you hate yourself so much that you feel the urge to troll all of the LG guys and put the company's products down ALL THE FUCKING TIME?

JG1
12-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Yeah, that's hilarious...do you hate yourself so much that you feel the urge to troll all of the LG guys and put the company's products down ALL THE FUCKING TIME?
bpp does kinda have a point.

DAVIDHARDY
12-03-2009, 09:28 AM
bpp does kinda have a point.

It gets old that he points it out and bashes the products all the time. A sponsored athlete has an obligation to promote the company's products that he or she is sponsored by, and this is the OTC supplement section, so it is expected for that to happen here. There is nothing wrong with pushing the products that you use, especially if you like them, sponsored or not.

JG1
12-03-2009, 10:38 AM
It gets old that he points it out and bashes the products all the time. A sponsored athlete has an obligation to promote the company's products that he or she is sponsored by, and this is the OTC supplement section, so it is expected for that to happen here. There is nothing wrong with pushing the products that you use, especially if you like them, sponsored or not.

I understand your side as well.

Here's the thing though. People come in here looking for unbiased reviews and suggestions. Sponsored athletes are given free product to in turn, push the company's product. That is NOT unbiased.

big.poppa.pump
12-03-2009, 11:44 AM
No man, just saying that you guys needs to reformulate everything. If you guys had a BCAA product that had the correct ratios to signal the mtor pathway or a creatine product without CEE than I would probably try it. I actuallly just ordered LG Science Lacto Protein because I don't like Isolyze. I just find it funny that LG Science turns a blind eye to science

DAVIDHARDY
12-03-2009, 12:30 PM
I understand your side as well.

Here's the thing though. People come in here looking for unbiased reviews and suggestions. Sponsored athletes are given free product to in turn, push the company's product. That is NOT unbiased.

Yeah, some people are too fucking scared of repercussions to give honest feedback, so a lot of people wind up buying something that either doesn't work or has had false reviews by athletes. I will be the 1st to tell you if I do or do not like a product. Example being...I HATE the taste of Anadraulic State, but I love the good workouts that I have when I use it. It makes my mouth water after I take it, but I do have an old batch and supposedly they have re-formulated it to make it taste better, so I'll give that batch a shot. I won't be using it anymore after that tub if it still tastes terrible. I am pretty excited about the new NO product that they are releasing, Anadraulic Pump and can't wait to try it. I don't buy into topical cremes for fat loss and they make one of those. I'll never try it.

No man, just saying that you guys needs to reformulate everything. If you guys had a BCAA product that had the correct ratios to signal the mtor pathway or a creatine product without CEE than I would probably try it. I actuallly just ordered LG Science Lacto Protein because I don't like Isolyze. I just find it funny that LG Science turns a blind eye to science

I do wish that they would reformulate a few products to make them taste better, but you can't please everyone. I also wish that they listed the actual ingredients instead of the prop blend thing, but I can see why they wouldn't, because it is a scoop and it's not technically precise if you consider settling and all that. I'm not too big on CEE myself, but I never have tried it either, so I figured I'd give it a shot and see how I liked it. If I don't like it, I'll revert back to regular old mono, but they have products that I really do enjoy using, so I'll promote what I like but you will never see me on here or any other board pushing something that I believe to be ineffective; it's just not my style. I cannot speak for other people though, but that is the way that I am. What flavor protein did you order? My favorite is the Vanilla...it's also a great coffee creamer!

big.poppa.pump
12-03-2009, 12:55 PM
CEE is a precursor to creatinine not creatine, it can actuallly affect your health in a negative way. I always shake my head when I see CEE in a product. Your BCAA mix has the improper ratios to be effective in signaliling the mtor pathway.

I do not talk shit about good products. I just base products off of what science has showed us. Not all of the products are bad, but you preworkout (which I have tried) and BCAA mix are not worth the time IMO.

And I ordered the vanilla as well. Chocolate is too broad of a flavor range and is usually too sweet for my pallet

DAVIDHARDY
12-03-2009, 01:22 PM
CEE is a precursor to creatinine not creatine, it can actuallly affect your health in a negative way. I always shake my head when I see CEE in a product. Your BCAA mix has the improper ratios to be effective in signaliling the mtor pathway.

I do not talk shit about good products. I just base products off of what science has showed us. Not all of the products are bad, but you preworkout (which I have tried) and BCAA mix are not worth the time IMO.

And I ordered the vanilla as well. Chocolate is too broad of a flavor range and is usually too sweet for my pallet

The vanilla is really sweet too, but it's a good sweet if that makes any sense lol. It has a clasic vanilla flavor to it.

big.poppa.pump
12-03-2009, 04:53 PM
The vanilla is really sweet too, but it's a good sweet if that makes any sense lol. It has a clasic vanilla flavor to it.

Looking forward to it