PDA

View Full Version : Look for ECW to change in 2010

~gymdiva~
12-01-2009, 11:41 PM
and really, why not? it's not the ECW we all think of anyway:

by Nick Paglino
Dec 01, 2009
PWInsider.com is reporting that WWE has had preliminary discussions with SyFy officials concerning a possible re-branding of ECW in 2010.

At this point, it's being said that the main change will most likely be ridding the show of its "ECW" title, and possibly renaming it to something that would be more appropriate to a show that features up and coming talent.

The show would most likely change its look a bit as well, although for the most part it is expected to remain similar to the way it is now in terms of programming, focusing on new, up and coming talent who will later make the switch to either Raw or Smackdown.

dallas3
12-02-2009, 12:34 AM
Sounds like they're going to phase out the ECW brand.

big.poppa.pump
12-02-2009, 12:42 AM
I miss the old ECW with Paulie

TheCutMan
12-02-2009, 05:31 AM
I hope they finally put an end to that disgrace they actually call ECW.

I mean it's good to give young talent TV time but please don't call it ECW because it's got nothing to do with Extreme Championship Wrestling...

NickD
12-13-2009, 03:34 PM
It's just Vince's way of pissing on Paul E and Tod Gordon's creation.

I'm currently watching ECW TV back from 1995. And IMO it's still the best.

~gymdiva~
12-13-2009, 09:32 PM
by Nick Paglino
Dec 13, 2009
With ECW drawing the worst TV rating this week since its inception on SyFy, the feeling within WWE is that major changes will be happening to the show in the near future. WWE's deal with SyFy is set to expire soon, so internally there will have to be decisions made quickly to determine the fate of the brand. Additionally, as we reported several weeks ago, it's being said that there are plans to make some changes to the Smackdown brand. WWE feels that with Raw having had some success with the Guest Host gimmick, that Smackdown needs something to make it fresh and unique as well.

maybe make SD live....I know that makes RAW have a more exciting feel to it....as for ECW? well, change the name b/c you're all right, it's NOT ECW!

ROTFLMAO
12-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Posted in: WWE
WWE's ECW show posts its worst rating in history
By Brian Cantor
Dec 9, 2009 - 8:10:32 PM

In yet another scary piece of news regarding the ECW brand, Tuesday's episode dropped to an all-time low 0.8 rating.

With an average viewership of just 1.06 million, according to PWTorch.com data, the show was the least-viewed timeslot airing in the show's history, including any airings that coincided with a holiday.

Talk on the Internet in recent weeks has concerned plans to overhaul the brand, and if the show keeps posting ratings like this, such an aggressive effort would appear to be an absolute necessity.