PDA

View Full Version : First competition... what show?

MusclesMarinara
12-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Hey guys im looking to do my first show sometime next year around the late spring, summer. There are a few NPC shows pretty close to me but i feel id be at such a disadvantage being natural. All of the natural shows are pretty far from me. I live in NYC and most of the natural shows in NY are way upstate near buffalo.

Does anyone compete NPC or would it be pointless and i should look towards a natural show? Also, any advice on a good first show? Thanks!

jack08son
12-02-2009, 09:12 PM
dude, get in shape, compete in the NPC and find a few natural shows to do and see which you prefer. I know the "natural" ones are sometimes bullshit but you may find some well run shows. Good luck with whatever you decide.

NATURAL-1987
12-03-2009, 11:57 AM
I am going through this exact same thing with someone I am helping out for there first show. He wants to do an untested show in the town he grew up in because of his family and friends being there. So I told him, ok fine, but your doing a natural show within 2 weeks of that show so you can see where you are on a level playing field. I'd suggest the same to you.

MusclesMarinara
12-03-2009, 04:25 PM
I am going through this exact same thing with someone I am helping out for there first show. He wants to do an untested show in the town he grew up in because of his family and friends being there. So I told him, ok fine, but your doing a natural show within 2 weeks of that show so you can see where you are on a level playing field. I'd suggest the same to you.

yeah that sounds like a good idea. thanks.

JohnnyMuscles
12-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Maybe you could do a show on this list?

http://www.liftforlife.com/competitioncalendar.htm#New_York