PDA

View Full Version : Dieting Q for the Season Competitors..

AVBG
12-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Give us the scoop?

What things have you fine tuned from diet to diet?

What did you learn from your mistakes?

What will you apply when you start your next prep?

I myself am a "KETOMANIAC" who has done the diet for the last two preps and currently on the third prep... What I have learned is that I don't need to go excessive with the cardio, meaning each prep I have been getting on stage larger and in better condition with less volume.

Also this time around especially I have embraced the cheat meal like a almost ritual and my mental and physical has never been better before a show.

NATURAL-1987
12-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Great q's. I will have to sit down this weekend and give some answers when I have more time.

Team Franco
12-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Doing cardio allows you to eat more!
And in return my energy levels were better last contest prep from this.

fltallpaul
12-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Give us the scoop?

I learned more whole food and less shakes really helped with hunger and strength.

I learned not to under eat and trust the diet and cardio to do the work.

I will increase my refeed frequency next prep. I found that as I got leaner increased refeeds produced some great results.

rockhard
12-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Give us the scoop?

I learned more whole food and less shakes really helped with hunger and strength.

I learned not to under eat and trust the diet and cardio to do the work.

I will increase my refeed frequency next prep. I found that as I got leaner increased refeeds produced some great results.
fltallpaul, What macros did you diet on and what was a typical refeed? I often find myself "afraid" of refeeding and not using it fully to assist the diet.
Thanks!

fltallpaul
12-04-2009, 03:50 PM
fltallpaul, What macros did you diet on and what was a typical refeed? I often find myself "afraid" of refeeding and not using it fully to assist the diet.
Thanks!

My diet started with 260p/330c/55f my refeed would be 240p/430c/50f

My final numbers were 260p/210c/55f refeed at 240p/330c/50f

For me the refeed was not typical in that I would actually lose a lb the day of the refeed, gain a lb the next day, then lose 2lbs within a few days. I also always did my refeed on back or leg day to help with my weak areas. I spread my refeed out over the entire day and put emphasis on pre and post workout, although with high carbs that's not super important.

NATURAL-1987
12-06-2009, 11:55 AM
After my first show we decided to try carb cycling which works great for me. The rotation changes depending on how I look and feel, but it helps me hold onto size and stay fuller while still dropping weight.
I can't say I have made any "mistakes", because everything we(my coach and I) have tried is for a reason. Nothing has ever blown up and caused a bad outcome on my physique however the more we learn my body the more we can get the most of my potential to come out on stage day. The biggest changes has been our last week goes with water and sodium.
I feel that we have finally found a winning formula, learning how different foods react to my body this off-season has really helped us understand which foods work better for me then others.
I also agree with Franco's statement. More food is always better, if the choice is 30grams of carbs/day gone, or an extra 5 minutes/session of cardio, always pick more food.