PDA

View Full Version : bulking phases

tammyp
12-03-2009, 06:00 PM
i am in a bulk phase and to be honest i hate them. i hate gaining weight feeling thick...bla bla bla....i know its a process..i should be used to this by now!

how do you get your head in it and get beyond the weight gain?

SuperSnake
12-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Make your hubby gain with you.

My wife and I try to improve together and lean together.

Lightning Bolt
12-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Mind over Matter. If you dont mind it dont matter!!

juggernaut
12-03-2009, 07:19 PM
LB is right. Stop giving a shit. Plus, its winter!
See the forest for the trees and realize that it isnt permenant but it is necessary. I'm going through my first AAS cycle and although I have put some fat weight on, I dont give a shit. I still eat fairly clean. At the end of my cycle, I'll maintain, then cut and be ready for a show. No big deal in the big scheme of things.

Have a cookie.

sassy69
12-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Measure your progress by the appropriate metrics for your goal. Your goal is 'bulking' = hypertrophy & strength. That doesn't sound like it has to do anything w/ fitting in your skinny jeans. Prioritize your goals and make sure EVERYTHING you do & think is in line w/ achieving those goals. Allowing a mindfuck because you "Feel fat" just distracts from your goals.

Think big, BE Big!

2hot4u
12-03-2009, 08:14 PM
this is what me and my husband do but he doesn't compete. It makes it easier. I know what you mean Tammy and now just think we have to work the Species booth at the Arnold Classic!!! No pressure, right!!!
Make your hubby gain with you.

My wife and I try to improve together and lean together.

Youngguns
12-03-2009, 08:27 PM
I love gaining weight. Plus if your female it makes you look more feminine.

KBigz81
12-03-2009, 08:27 PM
How long do you guys bulk for?

Melissa
12-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Tammy, I feel your pain, girl! And even though everyone says that it's not as big a deal because it's winter, they often forget that, as women, we can't just throw on big baggy jeans or sweatpants and a baggy tshirt. I mean, we could, technically, but then you wind up looking like Frumpy McFrumpstein (and I know I can't exactly pull that off at work). Honestly, I try to stay covered up when I train because otherwise I focus too much on how fluffy I look. Plus, this way it allows me to just enjoy my strength gains and moving some heavier weights.

Not that I've been doing this for a long time, because I haven't, but I imagine that no matter how long you've been doing this sport, it'll always be a little tough to wrap your head around gaining weight. I definitely find some comfort in the whole bulking process just by hearing other girls' thoughts and feelings about it all. Just knowing that we all have to deal with being fluffy for a while and that it's a means to an end helps me see the bigger picture. I mean, in reality, not many people can control their weight (both gaining and losing) like competitive physique athletes. So, being a part of a site like this and just hearing other girls' stories definitely helps me out a lot.

AllieCos
12-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Ughh...can't we just stay contest ready year round? I feel ya Tammy! HATE gaining...

Sorry I don't have any good tips for wrapping your head around it, but Melissa's right - it definitely helps to know that you're not the only one who struggles with it. Plus - being "petite" (ha! I'm 5'2") when I gain 5 lbs it LOOKS like 10!

Melissa
12-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Ughh...can't we just stay contest ready year round? I feel ya Tammy! HATE gaining...

Sorry I don't have any good tips for wrapping your head around it, but Melissa's right - it definitely helps to know that you're not the only one who struggles with it. Plus - being "petite" (ha! I'm 5'2") when I gain 5 lbs it LOOKS like 10!

Hey Allie!:wavey: It was great to finally meet you at Nationals.

Here's an idea...since there's the contest diet support thread, what about starting an offseason/bulking diet support thread?

tammyp
12-04-2009, 06:23 AM
thanks guys! i need to hear this...i know it...just gotta hear it! and this time is more important than ever....its for the pro stage!

and hubby is always bulking....lol

juggernaut
12-04-2009, 06:40 AM
Keep us apprised.

tammyp
12-04-2009, 08:14 AM
[quote=Melissa;705023]Hey Allie!:wavey: It was great to finally meet you at Nationals.

Here's an idea...since there's the contest diet support thread, what about starting an offseason/bulking diet support thread?

great idea....done!

juggernaut
12-04-2009, 08:51 AM
got a link for guys?