PDA

View Full Version : How Many weeks out do you think Iam?

GENESIS
03-02-2009, 01:15 PM

BigJD69
03-02-2009, 01:17 PM
8 weeks!

AVBG
03-02-2009, 01:21 PM
4-6

GENESIS
03-02-2009, 01:27 PM
180 pounds at 5'11. dont know what im gonna come in at for the show yet... any suggestions on how much (lbs) fat i could lose while still holding onto all my muscle?

pnohe
03-02-2009, 02:23 PM
wayyyyyyyy too many factors to give a quality answer. start with the basics...what is your diet like? cardio?

GENESIS
03-02-2009, 06:01 PM
wayyyyyyyy too many factors to give a quality answer. start with the basics...what is your diet like? cardio?

diet is about 200 grams of protein. 75-150 grams of carbs and 75 grams of fat. as of those pictures no cardio yet

indianamonster1986
03-02-2009, 06:03 PM
8 weeks!

??? I'd say 4-6

MusclesMarinara
03-02-2009, 06:23 PM
no cardio?? when do you plan on competing?

AVBG
03-02-2009, 06:44 PM
If you havent started cardio- I'd get on a bike asap..start with 30mins per day - low intensity and increase it to 45-1hr up until a week before the show. Unless you are gifted there's no way you'll be there on stage in shredded condition.

Bigmorgs
03-02-2009, 07:16 PM
6 weeks out I'd say....

GENESIS
03-02-2009, 07:23 PM
ya today was my first session of cardio with 20 mins post workout. im gonna do cardio 5 days a week post workout and on non workout days first thing in the morning with some amino powder

matt1005
03-02-2009, 07:25 PM
I would go with 6 weeks, but I would not worry about holding on to muscle. Focus on getting leaner.

AVBG
03-02-2009, 07:28 PM
I would go with 6 weeks, but I would not worry about holding on to muscle. Focus on getting leaner.

exactly..If your diet is right and the cardio is done at the RIGHT intensity losing muscle will not happen.

GENESIS
03-02-2009, 07:40 PM
356935703571 heres some posing shots

GENESIS
03-02-2009, 09:02 PM
exactly..If your diet is right and the cardio is done at the RIGHT intensity losing muscle will not happen.

i dunno i did all low intensity last year and i think i lost about 5 lbs of muscle... either that or i didnt fill out right

Koubs
03-02-2009, 09:33 PM
If you haven't done any cardio, definitely start doing the cardio and you won't have to change your diet really cause you're pretty lean...

I prefer doing the cardio SEPARATE from the weight training session... If it's low intensity, high intensity cardio, whatever... I'd say keep them separate if possible...

You haven't really said how far out your show is, but GOOD LUCK!! Some of your posing looks like it could use some work tho brotha... Really stick that front leg into the back leg on your side poses and bring the shoulder back a lil on that side tri... Should help!!

GENESIS
03-02-2009, 09:39 PM
my diet isnt very clean, i just stay lean.. been eating Burger King every day and some times pizza on those days too.

thanks for the tips on the posing bte, ill be sure to apply them

tdcoach
03-02-2009, 09:40 PM
It looks like you could be show ready in 5-6 weeks,since you are already pretty lean. Are you competing?

FLEXR6
03-03-2009, 04:58 AM
If you havent started cardio- I'd get on a bike asap..start with 30mins per day - low intensity and increase it to 45-1hr up until a week before the show. Unless you are gifted there's no way you'll be there on stage in shredded condition.

I have made that mistake before, panicked with 2 weeks to go, started running and lost leg size. Very small adjustments over a long period are the key.

FLEXR6
03-03-2009, 05:02 AM
N4L - just record everything you do. Food, training, cardio, water, supps, etc. You will fuck something up this time, next time and the time after when you compete. But if you record it you can look back and make adjustments. The key for me is to look better than I did at my last show, don't worry about the other guys in the lineup. You're competing against yourself.
Good luck - you'll do well !!

GENESIS
03-03-2009, 09:56 AM

few more. and the show is on may 2nd

GirlyMuscle
03-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Then I guess it's time to actually start a contest prep...yes? I mean I can't imagine your plan is Burger King and no cardio until contest day. As naturally lean as you are you'll do great but DON'T let it go too long. Give yourself planty of time to get there.

GENESIS
03-03-2009, 12:21 PM
lol ya my contest prep started on sunday. lol that burger king is usally never in my diet btw... but i started prepping to early for this show and i started my diet and cardio 4 months out, after already being lean and losing weight pretty quick i double checked on the contest date and found out it was in may not march... lol i felt like a dumb ass. so i ate burger king and enjoyed it for a little.

Now eating

8:30 am scoop and a half of whey iso. 6 strawberrys and two teaspoons of flax.

11 am chicken with brocoli and peanuts

2 pm lean body or isopure w sunflower seeds.

5 pm (pre training meal) pork with medium potato

7 pm (post workout) 50 grams of isopure with 10 grams of glutamine

8:30 pm 3 eggs 2 peices of toast or oatmeal

11:30 pm Monster Milk

train 4 days a week and plan on doing cardio the other three days..

what do you guys think?

matt1005
03-03-2009, 05:06 PM
i dunno i did all low intensity last year and i think i lost about 5 lbs of muscle... either that or i didnt fill out right
How do you come up with the "losing 5 pounds of muscle"? And can anybody on here chime in with how much they think they actually fill out when it comes to themselves and natural bodybuilding. I think people people have this notion from all the listening to IFBB bodybuilders and I believe when it comes to natural bodybuilding it is not that vast of a difference.

the mighty stu
03-03-2009, 08:29 PM
What weight do you think you'll be at your show? I'm doing a show May 2nd as well, and while I have some people telling me I'm ahead of the game, I know the top natty guys really nail their conditioning, and they do it slowly coming in to the show.

(and I'm barely doing any cardio either -lol, probably gonna bump up to 2 HIIT sessions per week though)

S

Koubs
03-03-2009, 09:59 PM
How do you come up with the "losing 5 pounds of muscle"? And can anybody on here chime in with how much they think they actually fill out when it comes to themselves and natural bodybuilding. I think people people have this notion from all the listening to IFBB bodybuilders and I believe when it comes to natural bodybuilding it is not that vast of a difference.

Yeah, I agree... I don't think as a natural bodybuilder you're going to make much improvements or "fill out" in the last couple days...

For me personally, I do better with a VERY moderate carb up... I think in natural bodybuilding it's better to #1 NOT cut water (decrease, but not eliminate) and #2 NOT do anything real extreme in an attempt to 'fill out'... If you're lean and ready to rock, don't change anything

GENESIS
03-04-2009, 01:05 AM

cause in some of the photos from the competition i didnt have the thikness and fullness i usually do. it was probably something with my lack of tan though too (lol no artificial tan applied. all bed for two weeks before the show). but i can definatly notice a difference if my muscles are full or not. i dont care what IFBB bodybuilders do. i do my own game and own diet off of what makes sense.

GENESIS
03-04-2009, 01:09 AM
What weight do you think you'll be at your show? I'm doing a show May 2nd as well, and while I have some people telling me I'm ahead of the game, I know the top natty guys really nail their conditioning, and they do it slowly coming in to the show.

(and I'm barely doing any cardio either -lol, probably gonna bump up to 2 HIIT sessions per week though)

S i wanna shoot for 173. last year i nailed my mark but came down from 187 not the 183 or so that im currently at. i won the teen division in this show last year, and actually got a call out in the middle open... but i would like to make a bigger imapct this year. and am no longer a teen ha

Scoobysnacks
03-04-2009, 07:53 AM
12+ depends on the type of conditioning you want to bring. There is a lot of work to be done in the hami glute region and you arent close to that thin skinned look, sorry. Everyone defines "ready" differently.....

the mighty stu
03-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Don't know if u mentioned it (if i missed it), but what are you weighing now, and height? I'm about 5'8/5'9, and plan on getting down to 175 myself. Although this is my 1st contest, I gotta say that you don't look to have a lot of muscular size or density to be competitive as a middleweight. Remember that guys like Jim Cordova, Brandon Greenwood, and Jrod (from this very site!) all compete as middleweights. I you're not excessively tall, would it be feasible to consider really buckling down and trying for lightweight? Some folks joke that natty shows are essentially dieting-contests, but in reality, it will be conditioning that wins the day.

S

GENESIS
03-04-2009, 07:13 PM
12+ depends on the type of conditioning you want to bring. There is a lot of work to be done in the hami glute region and you arent close to that thin skinned look, sorry. Everyone defines "ready" differently.....lol why do you say sorry? you think your hurting my feelings or something?? im posting pics on the internet... come on now im expecting critizism!! thank you for being honest because i know im not 4 or 6 weeks out.. and im sure i could improve on the 8 weeks that im currently working with.

my plan has been to improve slowly on each showing and this year involves and improved color. i think ill be ok with the type of shape im able to get in, but last year i just straight up tanned for two weeks before hand, and didnt apply any type of artificial tan. this year im definatly gonna change that.

search straw productions and 2008 Heart of America Natural Classic im competitor 34.. let me know what you think of last year

any posing tips anyone?? i know i almost didnt pose my back properly at all, and will plan on changing that as well.

matt1005
03-04-2009, 07:37 PM
cause in some of the photos from the competition i didnt have the thikness and fullness i usually do. it was probably something with my lack of tan though too (lol no artificial tan applied. all bed for two weeks before the show). but i can definatly notice a difference if my muscles are full or not. i dont care what IFBB bodybuilders do. i do my own game and own diet off of what makes sense.
When do you notice the difference whether you are full or not? Is it when dieting or when you are "offseason"? I am talking from experience and from trying to get "full." How about the other competing naturals chime in on this being "full" topic.

matt1005
03-04-2009, 07:46 PM
I just looked at the pictures of your show. Don't worry about being full, you simply need to be much leaner. I am dieting an 18 year old down for a show right now and the focus is on being lean. If you do the right things, you don't have to worry about losing muscle and you will get much leaner than you were.

The fact is that I think a lot of people lose muscle the first few times dieting until they learn their bodies better. At least if you do this, you know how to get lean and then the knowledge of muscle sparing will come.
I think you are falling into a bit of a trap that some bodybuilders do.

GENESIS
03-04-2009, 09:06 PM
When do you notice the difference whether you are full or not? Is it when dieting or when you are "offseason"? I am talking from experience and from trying to get "full." How about the other competing naturals chime in on this being "full" topic.

when i have a pop to the muscle while flexing it. it could be offseason, pre contest, a few days after the show or when mixing up my carb levels without going into pure ketosis. its even easier to get a pump with a slightly higher carb level, again unless im in pure ketosis.

matt1005
03-04-2009, 09:12 PM
when i have a pop to the muscle while flexing it. it could be offseason, pre contest, a few days after the show or when mixing up my carb levels without going into pure ketosis. its even easier to get a pump with a slightly higher carb level, again unless im in pure ketosis.
Now are you talking about being "full" or getting a pump. They are to different things. You can get a pump when in ketosis. Carbs help, but it does not depend on them. I have done the ketosis diet and have gotten my pro card while doing it. You can get pumps and just to throw it in here, you can stay strong.

GENESIS
03-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Now are you talking about being "full" or getting a pump. They are to different things. You can get a pump when in ketosis. Carbs help, but it does not depend on them. I have done the ketosis diet and have gotten my pro card while doing it. You can get pumps and just to throw it in here, you can stay strong. when im in ketosis im pretty much constantly vascular. but there is a type of skin stretching property that come with being full... its hard to explain but you could know what i mean.

matt1005
03-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Get lean buddy. Best of luck.

GENESIS
03-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Get lean buddy. Best of luck.

you spoke of a pro card. what division is that in?

matt1005
03-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Ocb

Bestia
03-05-2009, 10:41 PM
I've seen you before. I believe you are from NW suburbs of chicago. I will be judging the show you are doing if it is the NPC show on May 2nd. At his point, I think you need to take the show seriously and stop the Burger King approach to dieting. Start doing cardio and following a true contest diet. Practice your posing every night. Start with the mandatories and practice them until they are automatic. Pose and hold 30 seconds while viewing your self in the mirror. When you get that down, begin hitting your pose, closing your eyes and holding for 30 seconds and then opening your eyes. If the pose still looks like when you first hit it, you have that pose down.

Best of luck in that show. The lightheavies and middleweights will be touch classes for sure - but that is what makes it fun.

GENESIS
03-06-2009, 01:49 AM
I've seen you before. I believe you are from NW suburbs of chicago. I will be judging the show you are doing if it is the NPC show on May 2nd. At his point, I think you need to take the show seriously and stop the Burger King approach to dieting. Start doing cardio and following a true contest diet. Practice your posing every night. Start with the mandatories and practice them until they are automatic. Pose and hold 30 seconds while viewing your self in the mirror. When you get that down, begin hitting your pose, closing your eyes and holding for 30 seconds and then opening your eyes. If the pose still looks like when you first hit it, you have that pose down.

Best of luck in that show. The lightheavies and middleweights will be touch classes for sure - but that is what makes it fun. the show im doing is the NGA Heart Of America. thanks for the rest of the advice. i have cleaned up my diet already 100%. and am already seeing more definition.

whats more confusing is how have you seen me before?? lets someone chime in on this to see if anyone else thinks this is odd.

GENESIS
03-06-2009, 01:50 AM
Ocb
link to your shows gallery?

nettles9
03-06-2009, 06:26 AM
natural4life-you live in the chicago area...hit me up or check your messages on this forum

matt1005
03-06-2009, 11:24 AM
link to your shows gallery?
There is not one. My avatar is a shot from the show.

Youngguns
03-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Why not focus on keeping muscle as well?

I went from 205 down to 160, i lost at least 5lbs most likely more. It's impossible to keep all of your muscle while dieting naturally.

diet is about 200 grams of protein. 75-150 grams of carbs and 75 grams of fat. as of those pictures no cardio yet
I don't understand why your fat is so high?

Youngguns
03-06-2009, 12:10 PM
I just looked at the pictures of your show. Don't worry about being full, you simply need to be much leaner. I am dieting an 18 year old down for a show right now and the focus is on being lean. If you do the right things, you don't have to worry about losing muscle and you will get much leaner than you were.

The fact is that I think a lot of people lose muscle the first few times dieting until they learn their bodies better. At least if you do this, you know how to get lean and then the knowledge of muscle sparing will come.
I think you are falling into a bit of a trap that some bodybuilders do.

If you are in a calorie deficit, it's illogical to think that it will be 100% from fat.

the mighty stu
03-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Practice your posing every night. Start with the mandatories and practice them until they are automatic. Pose and hold 30 seconds while viewing your self in the mirror. When you get that down, begin hitting your pose, closing your eyes and holding for 30 seconds and then opening your eyes. If the pose still looks like when you first hit it, you have that pose down.

Very cool advice, I'm gonna swipe this for my own prep -lol.

S

matt1005
03-06-2009, 07:29 PM
If you are in a calorie deficit, it's illogical to think that it will be 100% from fat.
I see where you took what I said as being that he will not lose any muscle. That was not what the focus of what I was saying. He seems too preoccupied with holding onto muscle and being full...etc. I was saying that he needs to focus on being lean, thats it. I agree with you all the way that 100% of the weight will be from fat. I came down from 185-188 to 161-162 and there is no way that I think that was all fat. I have to say though that I don't believe an extreme amount was muscle, few pounds maybe (that is inevitable). I was very pleased.

matt1005
03-06-2009, 07:31 PM
[quote=youngguns;75112]Why not focus on keeping muscle as well?

If you talk a look at the whole thread (maybe you did), it might make more sense why I wrote this.

GENESIS
03-07-2009, 01:08 AM
i breifly explained it earlier in the thread, i was planning on doing an 8 week diet this year and i ended up starting it two months early. so as to not seem over dieted, which i mentally did, i detracted from my diet quiet a bit.

GENESIS
03-07-2009, 01:16 AM

this is the plan since monday.

Reloaded
03-07-2009, 03:32 PM
I see where you took what I said as being that he will not lose any muscle. That was not what the focus of what I was saying. He seems too preoccupied with holding onto muscle and being full...etc. I was saying that he needs to focus on being lean, thats it. I agree with you all the way that 100% of the weight will be from fat. I came down from 185-188 to 161-162 and there is no way that I think that was all fat. I have to say though that I don't believe an extreme amount was muscle, few pounds maybe (that is inevitable). I was very pleased.

600mg prop week, clear that right up, you are welcome.

Bestia
03-07-2009, 04:03 PM
the show im doing is the NGA Heart Of America. thanks for the rest of the advice. i have cleaned up my diet already 100%. and am already seeing more definition.

whats more confusing is how have you seen me before?? lets someone chime in on this to see if anyone else thinks this is odd.

Pretty simple deduction. If your avatar is you and the posing pics are you and I am from the same area - why is it strange that I have seen you?

Good luck with the Heart of America. John Abraham is a good guy and a good promoter.

GENESIS
03-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Pretty simple deduction. If your avatar is you and the posing pics are you and I am from the same area - why is it strange that I have seen you?

Good luck with the Heart of America. John Abraham is a good guy and a good promoter.

well lets frickin train together sometime bro!! im in the elgin area. but as to why i think its odd, with a million plus people in the area i dont know maybe i thought i wouldnt stand out so much..

x2 for john abraham

GENESIS
03-08-2009, 12:09 AM
oh its you... dude now that your "using" dont expect to give people bs advice like this and for them to follow it. dispicable

GENESIS
03-08-2009, 12:12 AM
I don't understand why your fat is so high? YG i finally know what you mean now. fat is my favorite nutrient. and those carb numbers i gave are a little high. im basically doing a keto diet, but one carb meal with first meal and a banana post workout.

so i keep fat on the higher side. fat personally doesnt make me fat only sugars do

Por2gue
03-08-2009, 01:12 AM
8-10 imo

matt1005
03-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Bye Bye

matt1005
03-08-2009, 06:40 PM
YG i finally know what you mean now. fat is my favorite nutrient. and those carb numbers i gave are a little high. im basically doing a keto diet, but one carb meal with first meal and a banana post workout.

so i keep fat on the higher side. fat personally doesnt make me fat only sugars do
Hey man, does not sound like a keto diet, it sounds like a low carb diet. Makes a huge difference.

raylove
03-09-2009, 01:01 AM
yea dude 4-6 work on posing more too

GENESIS
03-09-2009, 01:52 AM
Hey man, does not sound like a keto diet, it sounds like a low carb diet. Makes a huge difference.

your body can remain in ketosis with minimal amounts of carbs in the body even if they come from direct sources.

GENESIS
03-09-2009, 01:53 AM
yea dude 4-6 work on posing more too

thanks for the advice.

Kiyoshi Moody
03-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Hey Bro really work on the posing it can make a difference from looking 175 to 200. Its all in illusion up there. Posing is in art perfect it.

Here is my posing practice a little , check it out!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R31yuQsgQ0k

good luck!!!

matt1005
03-09-2009, 07:12 PM
your body can remain in ketosis with minimal amounts of carbs in the body even if they come from direct sources.

Yes it "can." Your preaching to the choir.

matt1005
03-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Okay, Last post.

Here is the thing I don't think you understand about what people are posting for you, me included. People here are trying to help. They are not telling you things to try to derail you. I hope that every competitor goes into their shows the best they can every time. I think it is a waste of time, effort, and money if you are just going into a contest to practice something or work on a tan or posing, or whatever. Go in to be your best. Be as lean as possible. You can't flex fat. I wish you the best of luck. Don't always try to rebuttle (sp?) everybodies comments and tips.

Best of Luck.

Oh and if you have a question, ask Mr. Moody. He knows his stuff and I am sure the keto diet.

GENESIS
03-09-2009, 07:16 PM
I hope that by me rebuttling your comments you dont actually think im trying to disagree with you or pick a fight with you. i know i got some work to do and i consider all possibilitys relavent. i guess it just matters about what stage of the game your in, and when and where you wanna accomplish your goals. bodybuilding is my lifetime pursuit so im sure ill "nail" my condition one of these days

matt1005
03-09-2009, 07:20 PM
lol then why are you telling me that my perscribed diet is not ketogenic? its actully the definition. by your own admission
Ok Last post lol. I don't think that if you are having the amount of carbs that you are saying that you are taking. I know I have dieted on 80 to 100 grams of carbs and I know that I was be no means in ketosis. I just think it is a sure bet to drop them and if anything, add some fat.

Later

GENESIS
03-09-2009, 07:34 PM
people sometimes... lol then you say to add in fat. have you read any of my posts.

GENESIS
03-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Ok Last post lol. I don't think that if you are having the amount of carbs that you are saying that you are taking. I know I have dieted on 80 to 100 grams of carbs and I know that I was be no means in ketosis. I just think it is a sure bet to drop them and if anything, add some fat.

Later

just a question. did you ever actually get keto-sticks?

you know... you piss on them and it tells you if your in ketosis.

matt1005
03-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Oh come on man I keep saying last post...quit sucking me in lol.

No actually I didn't. My carbs were like 25 or less, so I found no need. All from PB and nuts, and then to eliminate some of them I put in oil.

DAVIDHARDY
03-18-2009, 09:45 AM
8 weeks tops IMO; you'd probably be ready in 6, which is the way to go so you don't have to freak out at the end and do stupid shit and fuck it all up.

AlonePowers
03-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Don't know if u mentioned it (if i missed it), but what are you weighing now, and height? I'm about 5'8/5'9, and plan on getting down to 175 myself. Although this is my 1st contest, I gotta say that you don't look to have a lot of muscular size or density to be competitive as a middleweight. Remember that guys like Jim Cordova, Brandon Greenwood, and Jrod (from this very site!) all compete as middleweights. I you're not excessively tall, would it be feasible to consider really buckling down and trying for lightweight? Some folks joke that natty shows are essentially dieting-contests, but in reality, it will be conditioning that wins the day.

S I agree. Dont obsess over weight. The more shredded you are the more muscular you will look on stage.Which show is it? INBF? Is this your first?

thepump
03-20-2009, 10:12 PM
I agree. Dont obsess over weight. The more shredded you are the more muscular you will look on stage.Which show is it? INBF? Is this your first?

where is the INBF held this year?

AlonePowers
03-25-2009, 06:56 AM
where is the INBF held this year?
INBF is the orginization. go to INBF.net to see the event sched. for any local shows.I think the Ge:flex:rgia show is the closest to Fl.

hulk7280
03-25-2009, 11:20 AM
there is no way he is 4-6 weeks out.. minimium 10.. if he wants to be in contest shape..

GENESIS
03-25-2010, 12:45 AM
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/ThumbPage.aspx?e=4719350&g=0E3W004P0H

here is the links from that show. i got 4th.

DAVIDHARDY
03-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Did you learn a lot from it? If so, then good.

GENESIS
03-26-2010, 03:39 PM
ya. did you look at the pics? any tips?

NATURAL-1987
03-26-2010, 05:46 PM
I looked at the pics. What did you weigh in at? How many guys in your class?
I didn't read previous posts but I am assuming there wasn't a coach involved in your prep and thats why you posted up here. Was it your first show?

GENESIS
04-07-2010, 12:20 PM
I looked at the pics. What did you weigh in at? How many guys in your class?
I didn't read previous posts but I am assuming there wasn't a coach involved in your prep and thats why you posted up here. Was it your first show?

170 when i stepped on the scale for weigh ins. there was 5 guys i think?... i wasnt to happy with how i placed... No i didnt have a prep coach, and i dont have one again this year either. It was my second show. I dieted down for 8 weeks starting from the condition the pics on page 1 and ending in the pics that you saw in the link.

NATURAL-1987
04-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Hmmm. Well, I'd get a coach to help out with posing, dieting probably isnt an issue, just need to grow more IMO.

GENESIS
04-07-2010, 07:14 PM
thanks man. ya i had a pretty productive offseason this year. got up to my heaviest body weight at 208 while still maintaing slightly visible abs. right now, after about 8 weeks of cutting i would say im a water flush away from the same condition in the after pics from above, yet im at 188. 18 pounds heavier... ill probably still lose about 8 lbs or so before the show, but will wait and see.

Im not huge on paying someone to tell me what to put in my body though.. especially someone who doesnt intimatly know me and my metabolism. when i turn pro (keeping fingers crossed that this eventually happens) ill probably look into it. but until then, BB is my hobby and lifestyle....

NATURAL-1987
04-07-2010, 09:19 PM
For real. Think about what your saying. "When I turn pro I'll probably look into it"? "But until then its a hobby and a lifestyle." No disrespect, but get someone to help you.

MusclesMarinara
04-07-2010, 11:01 PM
For real. Think about what your saying. "When I turn pro I'll probably look into it"? "But until then its a hobby and a lifestyle." No disrespect, but get someone to help you.

agreed. Even guys who have been doing this for years have coaches, even for just another set of eyes. Experienced prep coaches will learn your body pretty quickly and can tell what works for you.

Joe Franco (he has his own thread here) is great, hes been helping me prep for my first show. Any questions i have he answers, and 9 times outta 10 its within an hour or 2.

A prep coach will only help you, just my .02 for what its worth.

GENESIS
04-08-2010, 11:46 AM
I see what both of you are saying, and I do agree to you to a great extent. Its just not for me. I need to do this on my own, first, before i give someone else credit for doing something I feel I should have accomplished.

'87, who helps you with your prep? what are his credentials, or other past athletes? if you dont mind me asking.

fltallpaul
04-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Just to back up what they guys are saying.

Doing things on your own has merit but learning from someone who has helped others earn Pro Cards and has one themselves is a can't miss investment. Think of it as taking a Master's class in contest prep. You get to learn all the things that go into it and keep that information forever. You could spend years spinning your wheels or just get the best info from the best coaches and take that education with you going forward. If anything I think once you earn a Pro Card is when you can back off the prep coach and just hire someone at the end to guide you when the mind plays tricks.

Either way good luck. You have a great structure and I think with some time you will be doing real damage.

GENESIS
04-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Thanks, Paul. I do agree... with all of you. And as far as a posing coach goes, i do want to look into that.

GirlyMuscle
04-08-2010, 01:06 PM
I see what both of you are saying, and I do agree to you to a great extent. Its just not for me. I need to do this on my own, first, before i give someone else credit for doing something I feel I should have accomplished.

'87, who helps you with your prep? what are his credentials, or other past athletes? if you dont mind me asking.

In the end, success or failure, you get the credit. You do the work, the lifting, the dieting. A coach just guides you.

NATURAL-1987
04-08-2010, 01:26 PM

When I first went to my coach I had no idea about anything. He gave me my off-season diet, training, posing, contest diet, made routine, did my color, EVERYTHING! Now, I am 2 days away from my 7th show in just under 4 years. Over this time I have documented everything. Every diet and supplement, off-season-day of the show. Have a binder for each year full off all my notes. So this time around I looked back at everything myself wrote up a plan and handed it to my coach. He approved and we went from there. Basically now we are at the point where he is my "set of eyes" to make sure everything is going in the right direction and makes the calls with me. This is the first time we have done this.
My coach has done 2 shows, won class both times. Said forget this, I'd rather help people because he wasnt genetically able to go pro. He has helped alot of people win shows but the last 2 years has only been helping me because he is doing mostly PT for stroke rehab clients and so on as well as the fact that the sport is dieing off in my area for the most part. We do have 2 IFBB Pros at our gym and a few national and world level athletes that represent us very well though.

NATURAL-1987
04-08-2010, 01:32 PM
P.S. I am 2 days away and just want to say that it is a 100% Team Effort that I have got where I am at and will look the way I do this Saturday. From my coach, to my sponsors, family,friends, training partners, co-workers, the guys that pump my gas, neighbours, and so on. A strong team makes things go a lot smoother. Start with a coach.

GENESIS
04-08-2010, 01:49 PM
nice man. sounds like you have all your marbles aligned. hopefully you have a good showing. good luck. let me know how you place and when your pictures are up.