PDA

View Full Version : off season support thread!

Pages : [1] 2

tammyp
12-04-2009, 08:15 AM
melissa had a great idea for this.....!!!!

2hot4u
12-04-2009, 08:41 AM
Well, are you going to get us started? I am in the same boat you are but haven't even been able to workout yet!! 2 more weeks and watch out!!

Suzanne
12-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Here's the approach I have taken
when i first lost weight i was tiny size 1-3 and was able to carry bf at 18% and look great wear cute clothes etc
As i gained muscle even at 14% i could no longer look like i did before the muscle

so i had to decide either look teeny tiny year round or be a bodybuilder and i chose i want to be a bodybuilder and that means i am not gonna fit i those tiny clothes in the off season but once i made that conscious decision that i AM a bodybuilder accepting off season isn't a prob

and i don't get far from stage wt 20lbs and that counts the ton of water i hold i dropped 10lbs of water the last 2 weeks for this show but even at that i look bulky and "fat" cuz only 5'1"

sba220
12-04-2009, 02:46 PM
melissa had a great idea for this.....!!!!

She was bound to get one...

tammyp
12-04-2009, 05:14 PM
im feeling better now that im really getting some good workouts in. im just avoiding the scale and really focusing on growing. but tomorrow ill probably feel fat again.:)

SallyAnne
12-04-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm officially in off season and am finding that mini goals to keep my weight down are going to really help me. I'll be at the new AZ pro show and working at the Arnold, so am using those as incentives to keep the more svelt, off season me alive and kicking.

GirlyMuscle
12-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Good idea for a thread!

For the first time I can really call it an off season having competed in November. I've been around the bbing scene for about 7 yrs and I know a lot of competitors. One of my biggest fears was the rebound. I've known too many people who packed on 30-50 pounds post comp. I don't want to be one of them. I figure that since I'm aware of it, I can head it off before it happens. I hope.

That being said, after the show I tried to get right back on plan but I just couldn't. I lived with my family (mom, step dad, son) and there was always something in the house that I'd want to eat and without a strong reason not to, I'd give in. I'd say I'd make it until about 3pm before I caved. I went from 135 on contest day to 164 in two weeks. Boy did I feel it! I tried going to the gym but after 6 months of hard dieting, there was just nothing left in me. So I decided to take a break and give my body a chance to rest.

I guess some of that weight was post contest water because yesterday I weighed 153 and I hadn't tried to drop anything. Yesterday started my off season plan.

So before I even stepped onstage Sledge and I devised and off season plan. Diet is Dave's off season plan but we're gradually adding the carbs back in. First with meal 1, pre and post workout. Night time meals are low/no carbs. We're going to do the MAX-OT training. I will do the 16 min HIIT cardio but I will also be biking a lot. I'm in Perth Australia for the winter and Perth has bike paths all over the city. I can get anywhere without driving which is a good thing since they drive on the opposite side of the road here. Sledge bought me a brand new bike and I'm gonna use the heck out of it. He even picked his new rental house based on how far it would be from the beach and the gym so I can bike or walk. I don't think cardio will be a problem. LOL

I competed at 135 but it should have been closer to 125. So I figured I could let myself get up to 150 in the off season. Sledge says 155. He likes when my arse is bigger. The perv.

Being a former fattie who learned to lose weight by counting calories and weighing myself every day, I've had a hard time adjusting to bbing. The scale numbers play such a headgame with me. Sledge tells me constantly that he's gonna smash my scale. So in order to avoid the headgames we set the weight limit I want to stay under and I'll weigh once a week but without looking at the number. He will log it. Same with food. He plans it and so far he's cooked it. Made up two weeks worth of meals for me so i don't have to think about it. He's a great cook!

So much like Suzanne, I had to make the decision...do I want to be a lean woman or do I want to be a bodybuilder? I feel that I AM a bodybuilder so I have to live like one and that's gonna mean some weight gain in the off season, no abs and two wardrobes.

Suzanne
12-04-2009, 05:46 PM
I try to not get over 12-14%bf

you are more anabolic when leaner so those who put on shitload of fat thinking that good for building muscle are in fact hindering their muscle development

sassy69
12-04-2009, 08:14 PM
A New Year's trip to Cabo is my motivation to keep things in order, and I still consider it part of "recovery" from 8 months of contest prep. The REAL off-season starts on Jan 4! My goals for next year are as a lean a bulk as I can get away w/ while building more booty & back thickness!

stephaniewicked
12-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Erin - Hopefully living with Sledge the next couple of months and spending so much time with someone who lives a similar lifestyle, will make it easier for you to manage the off-season.

I feel bad for people who live with others who aren't into the lifestyle. That has to make it so much more difficult. I know it all comes down to a personal choice, but we all know that when you see or smell something that you REALLY want, it's harder to turn it down when you're not on a cut diet and don't HAVE to (at least for me). I've definitely kept my mental state in check by not depriving myself if I want a cookie or a drink here and there, but also not going overboard either. I'm still very new to this, but it seems like it's all about maintaining the principles of a BB diet, but also finding that balance within ourselves and our environments that works for us...

sweetjane57
12-06-2009, 11:33 AM
A New Year's trip to Cabo is my motivation to keep things in order

one word: JEALOUS!

motivating, for sure!

sweetjane57
12-06-2009, 11:37 AM
I feel that I AM a bodybuilder so I have to live like one and that's gonna mean some weight gain in the off season, no abs and two wardrobes.

CHEERS to THIS:beerbang:

little d
12-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Well, I am definitely in the off season! My weight shows it. I feel like a blob!
I started working out this week for the first time since Sept. Taking it slow going back in. Started doing cardio and lifting... maybe I will drop some of these pounds! Oh... yeah I also have 2 wardrobes!

KBigz81
12-06-2009, 09:45 PM
My husband was complaining about the whole 2 wardrobe problem. I'm going through a bulking phase right now and had to buy bigger jeans last week. I feel like I'm getting too thick but I've been told I'm doing fine.
What is the average amount of weight you are supposed to gain in a month on a bulk phase?

SallyAnne
12-06-2009, 09:52 PM
My husband was complaining about the whole 2 wardrobe problem. I'm going through a bulking phase right now and had to buy bigger jeans last week. I feel like I'm getting too thick but I've been told I'm doing fine.
What is the average amount of weight you are supposed to gain in a month on a bulk phase?

I[m staying off the scale right now and am gauging it all by the fit of my clothes, the look of my abs, and the number of veins I have in my arms. The scale will just freak my out right now, I think. I'm still wearing clothes the fit me 4 weeks or less out from contest, so am feeling good.

GirlyMuscle
12-06-2009, 10:12 PM

I don't think there is an average amount. Too many variables. Depends on the training, calories, if you're using aas.

Me personally, I'd like to not get more than 25 pounds over contest weight. I'm already there. LOL

KBigz81
12-06-2009, 11:54 PM
ya...its hard for me to judge because I'm not a vascular person even when I am lean. I was a 1 or 2 when I was dieted down for the show but now I'm in a 6 or 8 and I feel comfortable. I think any heavier and I'll probably just cut back a bit on the carbs. My weight has stayed around 155lbs for the past few months but I started a var cycle a month ago and my weight shot up to 163 but I was expecting that.

GirlyMuscle
12-07-2009, 12:02 AM
That's not a bad jump. How much var are you using?

KBigz81
12-07-2009, 12:06 AM
15mg a day...10 in the am 5 in the pm
My weight went up but I started looking leaner in the abs and legs.

GirlyMuscle
12-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Cool. I'm the worst when dealing with the scale. Sledge is forver telling me to get off of it, smash it, throw it out the window. But he's right...go by the mirror and your clothes and when you feel too uncomfortable you'll know when you've gained enough. I think guys can gain more and mentally deal with it better than women can. I know last year I planned a 12 week cut and bailed at 9 weeks. I just couldn't take anymore weight gain. In 9 weeks I went from 155 to 173...enough was enough.

Jodie
12-07-2009, 12:19 AM
I haven"t stepped on the scale since weigh ins.

probably around 140 due to the way clothes fit. I start back with clean eating tomorrow, back to cardio in the am and lifting on a regular basis. I have only done legs once since Nationals and I have no excuse to not be going to the gym when we literally live ABOVE the gym. I walk in the front door, right past the cardio equipement, into the hall door going into our apt..not even giving the cardio or weights a second look. now that is bad.

KBigz81
12-07-2009, 12:21 AM
You're right...my Husband tells me of course that I look fine. I may weigh myself once every couple of weeks and sometimes I even forget to do that. But when I want an honest answer I ask a couple of the male bodybuilders in my gym and they will usually tell me what I need to work on. One of them I workout with and he keeps bitching at me that I need to eat more or else I won't get the gains that I want. Honestly I don't have the appetite to eat as much as he wants me to. This is my first bulk phase so its kinda like the first time you dieted for a show. Trial and error....I tried Dave's bulk diet and I gained weight very fast and it all went to my legs. I found High protein med carb and low fat works best for me.

GirlyMuscle
12-07-2009, 02:24 AM
I swear 90% of the weight I've gained since my show is in my tummy and low back. I hate it.

tammyp
12-07-2009, 08:01 AM
i used to carry it in my butt and always had a flat tummy. now i still have lines in my butt and no flat tummy.:(

Suzanne
12-07-2009, 10:22 AM
I feel the first 4-6 weeks after the show are the most important.

I do not believe in taking time off from the gym at this point for a few reasons.
1) you are the most anabolic and can make huge progress during this time your body is ready to suck in the nutrients and if training - grow
2) during prep you are expending lots of calories through lifting and cardio then if you take time off and up food leads to disaster - fat gain

Really be able to understand what exactly your body is doing after a show. Two examples
Jr Nats 2009
sun ate what ever i wanted
mon 1000g carbs minimal fat
tue 1000g carbs minimal fat
wed 1000g carbs minimal fat
thur 1000g carbs minimal fat
fri begin off season plan
wt 2 weeks after show 133 ( i was 129 mon before the show and water drop)
Nats 2009
sun ate what ever
wed lower cal/carbs so be able to eat Thanksgiving
thurs thanksgiving eat whatever
fri begin plan
wt 2 wks after show 149 ( 129 mon before show)
It is ALL water my muscles were so full i could not move and extremely uncomfortable. I was fine til after thanksgiving still had abs. Muscle were full yes but not to extent I blew up after Thanksgiving.
What we learned stay with all carb the first week the addition of so much fat and sodium on thanksgiving really screwed me up

Now when it happened i could have freaked out and started to make changes to "fix" it add cardio, drop food but we felt it would not be wise to do that since it isn't fat and trying to manipulate would probably just make it worse. We decided to just ride it out. Am I happy wiht how i look - no! But i know i am much better off just letting my body self regulate rather than trying to make a bunch of adjustments. Jeremy and I are keeping close tabs on it every couple of days.

so you have to know based on what you ate, training etc Is the weigh tyou went up fat, water????

Melissa
12-07-2009, 01:21 PM
I feel the first 4-6 weeks after the show are the most important.

I do not believe in taking time off from the gym at this point for a few reasons.
1) you are the most anabolic and can make huge progress during this time your body is ready to suck in the nutrients and if training - grow
2) during prep you are expending lots of calories through lifting and cardio then if you take time off and up food leads to disaster - fat gain

Really be able to understand what exactly your body is doing after a show. Two examples
Jr Nats 2009
sun ate what ever i wanted
wed 1000g carbs minimal fat
thur 1000g carbs minimal fat
fri begin off season plan
wt 2 weeks after show 133 ( i was 129 mon before the show and water drop)
Nats 2009
sun ate what ever
wed lower cal/carbs so be able to eat Thanksgiving
thurs thanksgiving eat whatever
fri begin plan
wt 2 wks after show 149 ( 129 mon before show)
It is ALL water my muscles were so full i could not move and extremely uncomfortable. I was fine til after thanksgiving still had abs. Muscle were full yes but not to extent I blew up after Thanksgiving.
What we learned stay with all carb the first week the addition of so much fat and sodium on thanksgiving really screwed me up

Now when it happened i could have freaked out and started to make changes to "fix" it add cardio, drop food but we felt it would not be wise to do that since it isn't fat and trying to manipulate would probably just make it worse. We decided to just ride it out. Am I happy wiht how i look - no! But i know i am much better off just letting my body self regulate rather than trying to make a bunch of adjustments. Jeremy and I are keeping close tabs on it every couple of days.

so you have to know based on what you ate, training etc Is the weigh tyou went up fat, water????

Girl, I'm with you 100% on this. I flew home Sunday after Nationals, so I didn't train that day, but Monday night I was back under the squat rack and have been back to my regular training split since. I actually LOVE going back into the gym right after a show. Yeah, I'm tired from prep and traveling and definitely not moving any significant weight. But I love training and after having some post-contest food in me. My energy levels are through the roof, so I try to take advantage of that time to grow, like Suzanne mentioned.

As far as weight gain goes, I weighed in at 114.6 for Nationals and within a week I was up to 130, but I have stayed there since then. I tapered off my cardio (an hour a day for two weeks in the mornings before work) and followed Dave's protein/fat diet adding in extra food when I'm hungry, like extra cashews or pb :yep: I despise how I look now with all the water (and admittedly some fat at this point), but I know there's no sense in trying to "fix" this because I need to let my body stabilize itself on it's own....though, I have been talked down from the ledge a couple of times in the last couple of weeks lol. Everyone is different, and you have to find what works for you post-contest just like you do pre-contest. I know if I ate all the carbs that Suzanne does, I'd look like an Oompa Loompa, minus the orange skin. I'm very carb sensitive and am just finally beginning to add carbs back into my diet this week.

GirlyMuscle
12-07-2009, 02:04 PM
It is true...everyone is different. Suzanne is a carb freak. Name one other person here who can do what she does. Girl, you are so lucky!

Suzanne
12-07-2009, 02:44 PM
It is true...everyone is different. Suzanne is a carb freak. Name one other person here who can do what she does. Girl, you are so lucky!

Not so sure if lucky or not

but i LOVE my carbs!!!!!! i have french toast every AM for breakfast off season since i get 75g carbs and can have ww bread then i dip in my egg whites and a bit of vanilla coffe creamer grill up and voila french toast :yep:

I know there are some real carb sensitivity issues but i firmly belive most are created by the person by avoiding carbs or fearing carbs they develop a sensitivity also i think people are afraid because they THINK they are having a sensitivity issue yet all it is is the glycogen stores filling in the muscle

GirlyMuscle
12-07-2009, 03:25 PM
True. I'm of the endomorph type so I grab fat. Me + carbs= lardass. I'd be willing to bet you're pure mesomorph.

Suzanne
12-07-2009, 03:27 PM
True. I'm of the endomorph type so I grab fat. Me + carbs= lardass. I'd be willing to bet you're pure mesomorph.

i don't think i am i put on fat easy and it is hard as hell to get it off

GirlyMuscle
12-07-2009, 03:30 PM
idk...anyone who can eat the carbs you do and shoot up 50 pounds after a show...

What have you put in since nationals? Bet you're still under 140.

KBigz81
12-07-2009, 03:34 PM
So Suzanne...did you used to think you were carb sensitive when your trainer had messed up your metabolism a few years ago?

GirlyMuscle
12-07-2009, 03:35 PM
^^ good question

Suzanne
12-07-2009, 04:29 PM
idk...anyone who can eat the carbs you do and shoot up 50 pounds after a show...

What have you put in since nationals? Bet you're still under 140.

hardly i shot up to 149 after Thanksgiving see post #25 compares jr nats and nats I am 145 now and still fighting the water but since i KNOW its water and not fat i am just letting it ride til i balance out. I was so full of water in my muscles (glycogen) i could not reach to brush back of hair

Suzanne
12-07-2009, 04:33 PM
So Suzanne...did you used to think you were carb sensitive when your trainer had messed up your metabolism a few years ago?

no i was just over dieted with cals too low and too much cardio for too long of a time slowed my metabolism

I don't believe and have never believed carbs are bad or lead to fat or difficulty in losing weight

yes some people have issues diabetics, hypoglycemics but i think most people are not sensitive to carbs

Most poeple get fat because they take in more they they burn off regardless of what type of food it is

Suzanne
12-07-2009, 04:36 PM
hardly i shot up to 149 (7-8 lbs more then when i started prep) after Thanksgiving see post #25 compares jr nats and nats

I am 145 now and still fighting the water but since i KNOW its water and not fat i am just letting it ride til i balance out. I was so full of water in my muscles (glycogen) i could not reach to brush back of hair

GirlyMuscle
12-07-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm just jealous. I really don't believe I could eat the way you do. I'd be as big as a house.

Suzanne
12-07-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm just jealous. I really don't believe I could eat the way you do. I'd be as big as a house.

it took awhile to work my way up to this much food but it was increasing my calories that fixed the metab issue

it is clean carbs except my cheat meal so oats, ww pasta, ww bread, potatoes, rice etc and low fat
my carb days after show are pure sugar carbs to kick up the metabolsim i want his all the time lol i want to live on kids cereal :yep:

GirlyMuscle
12-07-2009, 04:52 PM
I love the semi granola types like Honey Bunches of Os. Then again gimme any cereal and I will down the entire box in one sitting. Once I start I can't stop. Cinnamon Toast Crunch...mmmmmm

SallyAnne
12-07-2009, 04:54 PM
i used to carry it in my butt and always had a flat tummy. now i still have lines in my butt and no flat tummy.:(

I'm thinking this is from the anti estrogen we take. it shuts down the fat receptor cells in the booty and legs. We come off it gradually after contest, and while our bodies are putting fat back on. Since we're still suppressing estrogen, fat goes to the places it normally would on a man. stomach and lower back.

tammyp
12-07-2009, 04:58 PM
i agree sally. i hear this complaint from almost all women. id like to hear jills thought on it.

GirlyMuscle
12-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Makes total sense Sally. I guess I never thought it through.

stephaniewicked
12-07-2009, 05:01 PM
I love the semi granola types like Honey Bunches of Os. Then again gimme any cereal and I will down the entire box in one sitting. Once I start I can't stop. Cinnamon Toast Crunch...mmmmmm

Honey Nut Cheerios are my favorite!! Mmm..

Opposite for me. Typical girl... it's all in my hips and ass! Flat tummy (for the most part, just not as tight as it was pre-contest) but I've got a mini muffin top going on. Damn love handles! I, for one, definitely do not love them! Bleh... Gotta love the winter and layering clothes!

Melissa
12-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Perhaps I used the wrong phrase. I'm probably not "carb sensitive," rather my body just seems to run more efficiently and make better progress with fewer carbs and more fats.

I'm having the same problem with my fat distribution this time around, too. Usually, my lower abs stay vascular for several weeks after a show and my tooshie blows right up cellulite and all, and that seems to be the exact opposite for me this year.

Suzanne
12-07-2009, 05:33 PM
I have heard fat can come back different every time you diet for a show

I have always held most in midsection still do

GirlyMuscle
12-07-2009, 05:34 PM
How do you deal with it Suzanne? I feel like a tub. I only put on 15 since my show and I feel like it's 50 all around the middle!

Suzanne
12-07-2009, 06:03 PM
How do you deal with it Suzanne? I feel like a tub. I only put on 15 since my show and I feel like it's 50 all around the middle!

I am not real happy but i know it's water and just keeping in touch with Jeremy and him assuring me we are keeping tabs closely

I dont like off season really anyway us short people 5 lbs and look like shit. And i feel since i don't have great structure i don't think i look like a bber off season. I feel you cant tell I have a taper. Since i have ALWAYS held in middle my butt could be a size 3 but my waist is 7. this was even the case when i fisr lost weight and was teeny tiny my waist was still huge

GirlyMuscle
12-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Yeah...I'm up 15 and back into 6's. I'm losing the definition I had and I feel like I'm losing my bber look. Of course, I'm not training yet so maybe things will change once I get back to the gym. Wednesday can't come soon enough!

Suzanne
12-07-2009, 06:54 PM
I think a big prob with off season is no one is will to post pics so we all feel like we are the only ones who look the way we do. That is why I am willing to put off season pics in my journal so people can see what off season is like for me and the transformation to stage.

So with that said this was saturday the 5th at 148.9 ( i weighed it at 124) basically happened overnight after Thanksgiving. Today I am 144.5 so beginning to balance back out. Am i happy here fuck no! but i ma just gonna trust Jeremy and the process and let it balance out.

GirlyMuscle
12-07-2009, 07:10 PM
VERY true. I rarely see off season pics. I'm going to post some in my journal when I take them tomorrow.

Wendy
12-07-2009, 08:33 PM
This is a much needed thread for all of us! Thank you so much for starting it Tammy and Melissa.

I stuggle with off season so much. Formerly being overweight I still have issues with putting on weight purposely even though I know the reason behind it and know that I will never be able to put on adequate muscle without the extra calories and wt.

I agree so much that we seldom see the off season pics so we think that people walk around in competition form all year round because those are the pics we see.

musclemilf
12-07-2009, 08:43 PM
I'm thinking this is from the anti estrogen we take. it shuts down the fat receptor cells in the booty and legs. We come off it gradually after contest, and while our bodies are putting fat back on. Since we're still suppressing estrogen, fat goes to the places it normally would on a man. stomach and lower back.

Menopausal women usually have this problem...flat tummy in the reproductive years turns to budha belly. Low estrogen does some weird shit to women.

GirlyMuscle
12-07-2009, 08:55 PM
I just tried to take some pics. After the first few I can't look at them. I can't believe the difference since my show. It's only 3 weeks and 15 pounds but it looks like 50! Feels like 50! I'm really disgusted at the moment. I know I can't keep the comp body but geeze, I don't want to walk around every day life looking like a fatass!

I'll have Sledge retake them tomorrow. I'll post them regardless of how fat I look.

sweetjane57
12-07-2009, 09:13 PM
awesome idea for a thread.....

LOL, as I sat here reading through it while eating Ben&Jerry's Half Baked!!!! AFTER having sushi for dinner....:cow:

For me,
as far as training goes, I am back in the gym Monday after show, ALWAYS! I take NO TIME OFF!!!! Cardio slowly dropped and is now at ZERO! HA But training is off da hook :)

as far as diet goes, I had to have Nate write up an offseason plan AS SOON AS the show was over with. I got my splurges out of the way for a couple of days but then started my off season plan.....but this is because I know my LACK OF self-control post show.....usually I rebound bad and do NOT stop eating crap for at least a momth. I have been following the plan with some added cheats here and there and I am VERY HAPPY with where I am at this year. I have NOT stepped on the scale since a week after my show, the clothes I want to fit are still fitting, lol, and I am still vascular(upper & lower body) and have definintion. ONLY place I am NOT tight in is the ABS, but that is not a good area for me anyways...I hold my most fat there. OH, and my BOOBS are coming back..haha!!!!! THAT IS A GOOD THING:)

LisaRD23
12-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Off season is such a mind f---!!

I'm on a off season plan and even though my diet and progress is being monitored closley I feel like humpty-dumpty. My fat is all in the mid-section...belly, love handles, and mid/lower back.

Sometimes I want to do more cardio than my trainer recommends and sometimes I feel like I should be skipping my cheat meal. It's hard to switch from dieting to muscle building mode.

GirlyMuscle
12-08-2009, 05:33 PM
I would mind the weight gain less if it was evenly distributed all over but having it all around the middle makes me really uncomfortable.

tammyp
12-09-2009, 06:56 AM
im up 8 lbs already. i will be on the nest season of the biggest loser at this rate.

Wendy
12-09-2009, 02:50 PM
I would mind the weight gain less if it was evenly distributed all over but having it all around the middle makes me really uncomfortable.

That's where I gain it the most too which is frustrating. 16 weeks of dieting only to have a 6 pack for a week:mad:

powergirl
12-09-2009, 10:12 PM
im up 8 lbs already. i will be on the nest season of the biggest loser at this rate.

TAMMY!! 8 lbs???

YOU'RE FINE!!! I know your frame is small but 8 lbs is very OK!

I'll wait 'til you hit 80 before calling Biggest Loser, silly girl.... :no:

KBigz81
12-09-2009, 10:55 PM
The one thing I'm loving about the offseason...is the heavy weights I'm pushing. My strength is going through the roof right now. But I am having alot of trouble getting my calories in. My calories are at 2000 right now and I need to get up to 2300. Anyone else have trouble w/their appetite?

magsmalone
12-10-2009, 12:21 AM
I am also going to Mexico for new Years! a Mexican Riviera cruise. I am trying to keep my weight stable until then...but it is not easy. Since I did four national shows last year (Masters Nationals, USA, North American and Nationals), I was dieting from Feb to Nov! I prey I can fit into my bikinis for the beach...and that I don't look like a beached whale!

sassy69
12-10-2009, 01:45 AM
I am also going to Mexico for new Years! a Mexican Riviera cruise. I am trying to keep my weight stable until then...but it is not easy. Since I did four national shows last year (Masters Nationals, USA, North American and Nationals), I was dieting from Feb to Nov! I prey I can fit into my bikinis for the beach...and that I don't look like a beached whale!

Jebuzz.. I only did the USAs & NAs... I feel like a slouch now..... LOL!

GirlyMuscle
12-10-2009, 04:52 AM
The one thing I'm loving about the offseason...is the heavy weights I'm pushing. My strength is going through the roof right now. But I am having alot of trouble getting my calories in. My calories are at 2000 right now and I need to get up to 2300. Anyone else have trouble w/their appetite?Nope. I'm hungry all the time.

Suzanne
12-10-2009, 09:07 AM
The one thing I'm loving about the offseason...is the heavy weights I'm pushing. My strength is going through the roof right now. But I am having alot of trouble getting my calories in. My calories are at 2000 right now and I need to get up to 2300. Anyone else have trouble w/their appetite?

Nope I am over 3500 cals and hungry
hungry = good means you are burning through the food

Melissa
12-10-2009, 10:06 AM

The only trouble I have with my appetite is that it's HUGE. I can pack away a lot of food. I even have to restrict myself a little bit in the offseason because I put on fat easily (regardless of the fact that I avoid junk food). I would venture to say that my calories are around 2500 now, and I still get hungry....and I mean, stomach rumbling hungry. But when that happens, I'll usually add in an extra shake since I know that growth is still the main goal right now.

sba220
12-10-2009, 11:20 AM
the only trouble i have with my appetite is that it's huge. I can pack away a lot of food. I even have to restrict myself a little bit in the offseason because i put on fat easily (regardless of the fact that i avoid junk food). I would venture to say that my calories are around 2500 now, and i still get hungry....and i mean, stomach rumbling hungry. But when that happens, i'll usually add in an extra shake since i know that growth is still the main goal right now.

Wolfpack
12-10-2009, 11:30 AM

You must look like a moose....seriously I hope you're kidding lol. You could probably be in show condition in 4-6 weeks if all you've gained is 8lbs!!!

Melissa
12-10-2009, 11:43 AM

You should know it's not nice to pick on the fat kid.

KBigz81
12-10-2009, 01:56 PM
I guess I just need to be patient with my calories. I notice my metabolism is finally starting to speed up a little. I want to eat more just I feel like I'm going to puke if I try.

Suzanne
12-10-2009, 02:41 PM
I guess I just need to be patient with my calories. I notice my metabolism is finally starting to speed up a little. I want to eat more just I feel like I'm going to puke if I try.

are you eating a variety of food
ie much more food to put down if you are doing 80g carbs from oats vs ww bread

how many meals are you splitting it into?
I do 6 meals + pre WO + pwo
I have 80 g carbs meal 1 and 75g pwo
plus carbs at all other meal except last one

Meal 1 is french toast
4 slices of ww bread
dipped in 4 egg whites, some ff vanila international delite creamer, splenda, cinnamin
cook up
sf syrup
and could very easily eat more!

I wish i had your prob i could probably easily eat double what i am eating now

KBigz81
12-10-2009, 04:31 PM
5-6 meals

1/2 c oats 1 tbls raisins 1 tbls pumpkin 40 grams protein
1 c brown rice 6 oz chicken
pre w/o 2 pieces ezekiel w/half med apple 6oz chicken
post w/o 40 grams protein 50 grams waxy maize
6oz chicken 12 almonds and a vegie
35 grams protein 1 omega 3 egg 2tsp almond butter 1 scoop fiberlyze

KBigz81
12-10-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm trying to decide if I want to take some off season pics. I know I've made some decent gains so far, just scared to do it.

Suzanne
12-10-2009, 05:07 PM
I'm trying to decide if I want to take some off season pics. I know I've made some decent gains so far, just scared to do it.

even when i didn't work with a trainer i took weekly pics to keep track started it way back during weight loss since i didn't use a scale

tammyp
12-10-2009, 06:19 PM
You must look like a moose....seriously I hope you're kidding lol. You could probably be in show condition in 4-6 weeks if all you've gained is 8lbs!!!

i wish...8lbs over my happy off season weight. im 140.....more than i have ever been by 6lbs!

GirlyMuscle
12-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Just an example....

meal 1 3 whole eggs, 1c egg whites, 1T mac nut oil
meal 2 50g oatmeal, 1 scoop pro powder, 1 T mac nut oil
meal 3 150g ground beef, 1/2 c rice, 1T mac nut oil
meal 4 pwo shake...2 scoops pro powder, 25g dextrose
meal 5 1/2 almonds, 150g chicken breast, 1 c broccoli
meal 6 1/2c full fat cottage cheese

I don't know what the calorie and mac nutrients are. Sledge figured it all out, I just follow it. I must be burning right through it because I'm ravenous that last hour vefore I get to eat again.

KBigz81
12-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks for your help Suzanne...I'll take some pics this weekend and might keep them to myself if they are that bad. Do you suggest I eat every 2 hours, but smaller meals to get my metabolism moving? I've seen some people in the offseason have 3 huge meals and then have protein shakes in between each meal. What are you thoughts on that approach?

KBigz81
12-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Wow Girlymuscle...you like mac nut oil like I do. I almost thought it was worse than the pb addiction while dieting on keto. I thought I was in heaven when I was fat loading for the show on mac nut oil.

GirlyMuscle
12-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Actually, it's not that I like it for flavor, it's that I'll binge on things like peanut butter and nuts and I have to get my fats in. Once we go grocery shopping I'll add guacamole to my diet.

Suzanne
12-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Thanks for your help Suzanne...I'll take some pics this weekend and might keep them to myself if they are that bad. Do you suggest I eat every 2 hours, but smaller meals to get my metabolism moving? I've seen some people in the offseason have 3 huge meals and then have protein shakes in between each meal. What are you thoughts on that approach?

I think if trying to fix metab you want more frequent meals with protein/carbs or protien/carbs/fat but in meals with carbs you don't want lots of fat cuz it slow the adsorption of the carbs to fix metab you want the carbs absorbs and burned through quickly

i can't speak to protein/fat cuz i don't do it

muscles_1976
12-10-2009, 11:05 PM
Meal 1 is french toast
4 slices of ww bread
dipped in 4 egg whites, some ff vanila international delite creamer, splenda, cinnamin
cook up
sf syrup
and could very easily eat more!

this your entire meal 1? ....so pretty high carb with min. fat and protein? Is protein like 15g?

tammyp
12-11-2009, 05:59 AM
i make french toast with the high pro bread....2 slices have 28 g protein..its awesome!

Suzanne
12-11-2009, 08:47 AM
this your entire meal 1? ....so pretty high carb with min. fat and protein? Is protein like 15g?

I have a couple extra egg whites scrambled protein this meal is like 20 carbs 85

protein throughout day 3-4 oz per meal, preWO 1 scoop whey, pwo 2 scoops whey, last emal 8 oz
you don't need a ton of protein when carbs are in cuz help help with protein synthesis

stephaniewicked
12-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Actually, it's not that I like it for flavor, it's that I'll binge on things like peanut butter and nuts and I have to get my fats in. Once we go grocery shopping I'll add guacamole to my diet.

You know what's really funny... when I was dieting, there was nothing in the world that could halt my PB cravings. There were so many nights that I was hungry for "just 1 more tbsp"! Yet, ever since July I can hardly look at the stuff. That might be a blessing in disguise for my next prep...

GirlyMuscle
12-11-2009, 10:00 AM
You know what's really funny... when I was dieting, there was nothing in the world that could halt my PB cravings. There were so many nights that I was hungry for "just 1 more tbsp"! Yet, ever since July I can hardly look at the stuff. That might be a blessing in disguise for my next prep...

I am the same way. But as soon as I start keto dieting the peanut butter thing kicks right back in.

Suzanne
12-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Just added it up my protein even at those amts is still over 200 grams
carbs right now are 360

looks like my base plan is 2750 that just goes by amts of carbs per meal and protein so no trace protein from oats etc is counted also does not count

ff cheeses
ff sour cream
marinara sauce
ff coffee creamer

after jrs i started with this plan then after several weeks we upped the carbs and reduced cardio

I started with less pwo cardio this time i do 30 min 2 days on 1 day off

Melissa
12-11-2009, 10:07 AM

But Tammy, you're dancing with the big girls now (no pun intended). When you were an amateur, you had to keep your offseason weight in check and avoid putting on too much muscle to make sure you stayed a lw. Now you have the opportunity to make changes and add muscle to weaker bodyparts without having to worry how that'll affect your ability to make weight. I know it doesn't help how you feel when you look in the mirror or put on a pair of jeans, but when you see what that extra weight will yield once you get on stage next year, it might help ease some of that "fear of the fluff." lol

sassy69
12-11-2009, 11:32 AM
But Tammy, you're dancing with the big girls now (no pun intended). When you were an amateur, you had to keep your offseason weight in check and avoid putting on too much muscle to make sure you stayed a lw. Now you have the opportunity to make changes and add muscle to weaker bodyparts without having to worry how that'll affect your ability to make weight. I know it doesn't help how you feel when you look in the mirror or put on a pair of jeans, but when you see what that extra weight will yield once you get on stage next year, it might help ease some of that "fear of the fluff." lol

True Tammy! You're no longer "fun-size" ... you're PRO-SIZE! :yep:

sassy69
12-11-2009, 11:34 AM
BTW you can tell off-season is in full swing when this is the only active thread on this forum!

sweetjane57
12-11-2009, 11:57 AM
BTW you can tell off-season is in full swing when this is the only active thread on this forum!

lmao

shankuan
12-11-2009, 11:59 AM

lol! Hey...with Xmas 2 weeks away...you HAVE to leave some wiggle room to ENJOY!

sassy69
12-11-2009, 12:15 PM
lol! Hey...with Xmas 2 weeks away...you HAVE to leave some wiggle room to ENJOY!

For me, I took a breather from prep around mid Oct when I finally just couldn't do 3rd show this year. I let it go a little, more over the last couple weeks - interesting how its not as bad if you don't diet but still hit the gym, but let the gym go, and everything starts to sag -- but work has been getting crazy, helped a friend compete over last weekend at the NPC Excaliber (which entailed eating only the food I had w/ me while we waited 6 hrs for his weight group to go on stage, and THEN hitting some killer diners in LA for lunch & dinner, and no gym for nearly a week). So yea, getting a little soft right now.

But... Cabo for new years and leaving in 19 days! So you bet your off-season booty I'm doing my cardio & back on my diet right now! Jan 4, thennnn I can eat!

muscles_1976
12-11-2009, 01:24 PM
thanks for the info suzanne........seems I am not eating anywhere enough food.....lol

shankuan
12-11-2009, 02:15 PM
For me, I took a breather from prep around mid Oct when I finally just couldn't do 3rd show this year. I let it go a little, more over the last couple weeks - interesting how its not as bad if you don't diet but still hit the gym, but let the gym go, and everything starts to sag -- but work has been getting crazy, helped a friend compete over last weekend at the NPC Excaliber (which entailed eating only the food I had w/ me while we waited 6 hrs for his weight group to go on stage, and THEN hitting some killer diners in LA for lunch & dinner, and no gym for nearly a week). So yea, getting a little soft right now.

But... Cabo for new years and leaving in 19 days! So you bet your off-season booty I'm doing my cardio & back on my diet right now! Jan 4, thennnn I can eat!

lol! I hear ya on that one. I gotta be bikini ready come Jan 9-10 so things are being held in check. I am however nowhere near as strict (since comp dieting will start Jan 12 (pushed back a week because of the vball comp) as during pre-contest. I find that since allowing myself enough wiggle room (i.e. NOT feel guilty if i have a cookie or a piece of candy here and there) ive pretty much NO interest in binging or going overboard. Cardio, in any other form except steady state, ive pretty much made a staple of these days, so i think im in better control and in a much better place when compared to last yr. So hell yea i'm gonna enjoy my last few weeks of the off season!:yep:

tammyp
12-11-2009, 05:25 PM

oh i know ...im doing it..just bitching about it! im wearing my black workout pants as DRESS pants to work..lol

stephaniewicked
12-11-2009, 05:52 PM
oh i know ...im doing it..just bitching about it! im wearing my black workout pants as DRESS pants to work..lol

I did that a few times when I was dieting. All my dress pants were falling off my hips and nearly exposing my booty... the elastic on my yoga pants kept my pants where they belonged and fit better than anything else, so I wore them on days when I could get away with it.

tammyp
12-12-2009, 04:09 PM
142....up 10 in 2

sassy69
12-12-2009, 06:04 PM
142....up 10 in 2

http://i46.tinypic.com/259g651.jpg

Jodie
12-12-2009, 06:19 PM
I so need to train. Haven't felt like it at all since Nationals.

Suzanne
12-12-2009, 06:26 PM
I have decided I really gotta take a REAL look and realize i do not look as bad as i think i do :)

So time to just hit it hard and gain some muscle!

GirlyMuscle
12-12-2009, 06:45 PM
I still have slight DOMs in my hammies from a workout 3 days ago and back DOMs from 2 days ago. Feels so good. :)

KBigz81
12-12-2009, 11:44 PM
Sassy and Girly your avi's are sweet!
Hey Suz..I started eating every 2 hours but smaller meals and I'm not getting the horrible bloated feeling that I had before. Plus it helps since I'm hypoglycemic. I'm not getting a huge spike anymore. Thanks for helping me out.

Wendy
12-13-2009, 04:08 AM
i make french toast with the high pro bread....2 slices have 28 g protein..its awesome!

Tammy, what brand is the bread?

sassy69
12-13-2009, 05:05 AM
Hey Suz..I started eating every 2 hours but smaller meals and I'm not getting the horrible bloated feeling that I had before. Plus it helps since I'm hypoglycemic. I'm not getting a huge spike anymore. Thanks for helping me out.

Some how show-time photoshoot pix make you feel so much better about yourself when you're off season ;)

GirlyMuscle
12-13-2009, 05:30 AM
Some how show-time photoshoot pix make you feel so much better about yourself when you're off season ;)

Oh, I dunno about that. They kinda make me sad since it was just a short while ago and I don't look that way anymore. I can't stand looking in the mirror and the comp photos remind me of what i lost.

Even Sledge said I look more like a "fit chick" than a bodybuilder now.

tammyp
12-13-2009, 06:24 AM
id rather look like a fit chic than a FAT chic:)

tammyp
12-13-2009, 06:25 AM
http://nutribreads.com/
alot of the supp companies carry it.

Suzanne
12-13-2009, 09:37 AM

you're welcome
that's great

KBigz81
12-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Oh, I dunno about that. They kinda make me sad since it was just a short while ago and I don't look that way anymore. I can't stand looking in the mirror and the comp photos remind me of what i lost.

People ask you if you lift weights and you tell them that you're a bodybuilder and they look at you like ok...you're not ripped and shredded. People expect bodybuilders to be ripped and shredded all year round and we all know thats not possible. To me the offseason is helping me feel like a bodybuilder. I'm starting to love the fullness, strength, and all the gains I'm making. Plus my hubby likes all the curves that my body is supposed to have.

Suzanne
12-14-2009, 12:21 AM
I am embracing the off season time to GROW!!! Then push the limit of what it will take to still make MW

:lift: :lift3: :lift2: :hungry:

Ibarramedia
12-14-2009, 01:14 AM
People ask you if you lift weights and you tell them that you're a bodybuilder and they look at you like ok...you're not ripped and shredded. People expect bodybuilders to be ripped and shredded all year round and we all know thats not possible. To me the offseason is helping me feel like a bodybuilder. I'm starting to love the fullness, strength, and all the gains I'm making. Plus my hubby likes all the curves that my body is supposed to have.

Just explain to them that you look shredded and contest ready for a very short period of time. The fact that they asked if you lift means that your muscles and size is noticeable. To me that is a good thing. Since I don't compete but am pretty big, people ask me if I play ball for the Redskins or the Maryland Terrapins. I tell them that a long time ago I used to be a tight end and a fullback in high school.

sassy69
12-14-2009, 01:27 AM

I look at it more in terms of what you can do.

Its hard to reconcile 'off-season' when your primary goal is to grow, but you still have to live w/ your body. It tends to be easier if the only thing you have to do is grow, but things like, oh, I dunno, New Years in Cabo (at a cost of $400 / night... egads) where you have 4 days to spend at the beach after waiting most of your adult life to get to Cabo and the first real vacation you've had since 1995, yea it would be nice to be in contest shape....

O well.. Embrace it --- I still think the difference between feeling like a victim of your genetics and liking yourself is the knowledge that you can get whatever body you want - you've done it before, you know how to do it, and you'll be even better at the next cut because of the time you spent building. The "cut" is just when you "unwrap" all the work you put into it off season!

GirlyMuscle
12-14-2009, 05:25 AM

Wait til they ask if you're a powerlifter. Ouch. I mean, nothing against powerlifters but we all know there's a difference. I'm flattered that they think I'm strong enough to be one but I don't want to look like one physically.

And Sassy has a big point. I like feeling stronger. I want to grow. But with the extra around my middle I FEEL fat. I guess having been so streamlined (for me) and feeling so good to feeling like a tubby is hard to deal with on a daily basis. She's right. I have to live in this body every day. I'm only on stage for 3 minutes a year. I want to feel good for more than a couple of weeks a year. I do think it will come with time. Fact is I should have been leaner and I'm probably a bit heavier than I should be for off season. I think it'll be different as time goes on. Leaner next year, so leaner in the next off season.

musclemilf
12-14-2009, 09:40 AM
I'd rather look like a powerlifter than an NPC bikini chick (no offense to NPC bikini chicks!), which is what I look like right now. I'm getting sick and tired of people telling me how "tiny" I look, WTF?

I'm still weighing between 131-134 which was my pre-comp weight 3 weeks ago (before the comp was canceled two weeks out - another story). I'm having a hard time adjusting to the calories increase and toggling way back on cardio.

I'm basically going through a transitional period and don't know where I'll land up. I *may* do the Contra Costa NPC masters next year. I really don't care if I place or even get called out. It's all about coming in the best that I possibly can.

KBigz81
12-14-2009, 11:39 AM
I look at it more in terms of what you can do.

Its hard to reconcile 'off-season' when your primary goal is to grow, but you still have to live w/ your body. It tends to be easier if the only thing you have to do is grow, but things like, oh, I dunno, New Years in Cabo (at a cost of $400 / night... egads) where you have 4 days to spend at the beach after waiting most of your adult life to get to Cabo and the first real vacation you've had since 1995, yea it would be nice to be in contest shape....

O well.. Embrace it --- I still think the difference between feeling like a victim of your genetics and liking yourself is the knowledge that you can get whatever body you want - you've done it before, you know how to do it, and you'll be even better at the next cut because of the time you spent building. The "cut" is just when you "unwrap" all the work you put into it off season!

I was just telling my husband the same thing last night. I can't wait to do my next contest just so I can see all the improvements I've made. Its going to be just like Christmas....:yep:

sassy69
12-14-2009, 04:45 PM
I was just telling my husband the same thing last night. I can't wait to do my next contest just so I can see all the improvements I've made. Its going to be just like Christmas....:yep:

Make sure you're wearing nothing but a big bow when that day comes! :yep:

Melissa
12-18-2009, 03:08 PM
I just wanted to bump this up and see how everyone's offseason training is coming along.

I'm finally feeling like I'm starting to settle back into a good routine and feel like my strength is getting back to where I want it.

Suzanne
12-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Its going really good. I just compared pics form today and from feb 28th (beginning of jr nats rpep) i weigh the same but HUGE diff yay! i posted in my journal

Strength is great! WOs are awesome! Cheat food is DELICIOUS!!!

sassy69
12-18-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm actually taking more of a break right now. I just realized I"ve been going balls-to-the-wall since Jan 1. I got clearance from my ortho to start training again after shoulder surgery last Thxgiving, and immediately lined up my recovery / training program to hit shows in the summer. I finally hit a wall in November, intending to do Nationals, but just not "there" anymore. Training was actually becoming "not fun". Over Thxgiving I took a straight 4 days off from the gym to clean my house & other things I'd put off all year due to prep, and then managed to re-jack my shoulder helping a friend move. That, in addition to a big project at work (that just finished!) and a LOT of shopping for deals, I'm just not hitting the gym as much. Its been a challenge trying to get in to see my chiro & massage guy w/ everyone going on vacation, so I"m further not wanting to aggravate things. And finally I'm dieting for a trip to Cabo for New Years.

So I'd say I'm more in a holding pattern until after Jan 3. I'll have gotten some input from my massage guy on Sunday and will be ready to start bulking to support better training. Then later in Jan going to look at the rest of the year's schedule and possibly get an expert opinion about my shoulder and go from there.

I think the down time will be good, but I do need to step up the cardio a bit ;) (and STOPPPPP SHOPPING!!!!!!!)

GirlyMuscle
12-18-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm like Melissa. I feel like I'm finally settling back into a routine. I gained about 15 pounds since competing so that's good. Training is going well so hopefully I'm putting on some muskells. :D

Wendy
12-19-2009, 07:40 AM
Off season training is so much more fun because you get to push the heavier weights! I am up 15lbs since competition and feel fluffy but strong!

My training is great right now and my hubby is training with me. I was reluctant to have him train with me but I have discovered that he is a great training partner and pushes me to finish those last brutal reps!

KBigz81
12-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Ok note to self...stay off the scale when I'm feeling good about my body. I weighed myself this morning 169lbs!! I was 163 about 3 weeks ago. Uggghhh Now its screwing with my head.

tammyp
12-19-2009, 01:58 PM
kelly im with ya....im done with weighing myself. it ruins my day...

KBigz81
12-19-2009, 02:54 PM
I know its horrible, I don't know what the hell I was thinking. :dunno:

stephaniewicked
12-19-2009, 06:38 PM
Its so depressing going from the best you have ever looked to having cellulite again at only 120 some odd pounds... Can't wait to diet again... Tired of looking at myself. :( damn genetics!

tammyp
12-20-2009, 06:07 AM
I used to be compulsive with weighing myself... but not this year! I don't want to know and don't care. I will enjoy food through the holiday and then clean things up starting in January. Just want to enjoy the festivities because it will be over sooner than you know it...and then back to dieting and plain meals.

do you have a pro show picked yet lisette?

GirlyMuscle
12-20-2009, 07:25 AM
Here's my new thing with the scale. Before I get on it I look at myself in the mirror. I mean really look. I take into account I am off season and I can't expect to look contest ready. After I'm satisfied with what I see in the mirror I step on the scale and I tell myself it means nothing. The mirror is the only thing that means anything. It actually worked the last time I weighed in.

Wendy
12-20-2009, 07:56 AM
Here's my new thing with the scale. Before I get on it I look at myself in the mirror. I mean really look. I take into account I am off season and I can't expect to look contest ready. After I'm satisfied with what I see in the mirror I step on the scale and I tell myself it means nothing. The mirror is the only thing that means anything. It actually worked the last time I weighed in.

I try to avoid mirrors and scales off season ;) It is such a mind game with me....how can one or two lbs on the scale mess up my whole day?? Being only 5ft tall every lb shows and it all seems to sit around my waist dammit!!!!:mad:

GirlyMuscle
12-20-2009, 07:57 AM
I hear ya. I'm 5'1" and I only gained 15 pounds since the stage but I look like a different person.

Wendy
12-20-2009, 08:02 AM
I guess that's why we are a Rxmuscle community right? The support we need to help cope and realize we look great even off season is right here!!

GirlyMuscle
12-20-2009, 08:04 AM
You got it sista!

Melissa
12-20-2009, 08:59 AM
I've managed to work out the scale issues. I only weigh myself once a week, first thing Saturday morning (and if I do sneak a weigh-in at another time during the week, I still only count the number that shows up on Saturday morning). Since I'm working with someone on my offseason diet, it's our way to make sure I use the number only to judge what kind of progress I'm making and what, if any, changes we need to make with my diet/cardio.

The mirror is a whole other story though:dunno: I have found that, since switching to bb, people who aren't in the sport can actually *tell* that I'm a bb, even in the offseason, because I have much more shape than I did when I was doing figure. At this point, I think if I could get my offseason caboose under control, I would be much happier with the whole offseason look.

Suzanne
12-20-2009, 09:15 AM
I weigh most everyday just use it a a reference and to learn about how different food etc affect my body

I compared pics at same wegiht 10 months a part and look so different shows the improvements I have made this year

Plus we have a weight range we want to keep me off season

KBigz81
12-20-2009, 10:20 AM
I've managed to work out the scale issues. I only weigh myself once a week, first thing Saturday morning (and if I do sneak a weigh-in at another time during the week, I still only count the number that shows up on Saturday morning). Since I'm working with someone on my offseason diet, it's our way to make sure I use the number only to judge what kind of progress I'm making and what, if any, changes we need to make with my diet/cardio.

The mirror is a whole other story though:dunno: I have found that, since switching to bb, people who aren't in the sport can actually *tell* that I'm a bb, even in the offseason, because I have much more shape than I did when I was doing figure. At this point, I think if I could get my offseason caboose under control, I would be much happier with the whole offseason look.

Thats the same issue I'm having, but for some reason this season my butt has actual shape to it like an ass is supposed to look like. I thought I was genetically screwed w/having a flat ass. My training partner has me doing heavy lunges and deadlifts so I'm not sure if that's contributing the round ass look. Now if it were only small and round lol Beggers can't be choosers right?

tammyp
12-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Hi Tammy... I plan on competing in the Tampa Pro in July. How about you?

hartford a week later!

tammyp
12-20-2009, 05:57 PM
im upstate ny, its just under 4 hours. i drove to my last show and it was so nice to not have to deal with packing food, worrying about all your crap...just load up the car and go. i booked my room already, the host is like 350, so i booked across the street. im anal with planning....:)

musclemilf
12-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Do any of you feel sad when you see your body smooth out? I never made it to the stage, but I got pretty damn lean two weeks out. My abs are almost gone, and I'm getting the "carb fluff" back on my hip. :(

GirlyMuscle
12-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Do any of you feel sad when you see your body smooth out? I never made it to the stage, but I got pretty damn lean two weeks out. My abs are almost gone, and I'm getting the "carb fluff" back on my hip. :(

Yep. I hate it. I've already figured out D-Day (diet day).

Suzanne
12-20-2009, 07:02 PM
I'm getting the "carb fluff" back on my hip. :(

carbs don't cause fluff
ANY food can cause fluff
i have complex carbs thru my whole contest diet and sitloads of them week of the show and don't have fluff

not being in a contest diet causes fluff
not doing contest amount of cardio causes fluff
Bringing back in artificial stuff (if it was taken out) can cause fluff

for jr nats i ate 1/2 c to 1 c oats (or equivalent sweet pot) every 2-3 hours from tues AM til sat finals sun AM for breakfast ate TONS of carbs pancakes, granola, fruit, bread..

This is sunday afternoon lots of carbs no fluff
http://www.facebook.com/inbox/?ref=mb#/video/video.php?v=1297855214484&ref=mf

Then i ate 4 days of 1000g carbs EACH day at the end of this week i weighed my weight the monday before the show (so before water drop)

musclemilf
12-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Yeah, you're right Suzanne, carbs have gained a bad rep. I'm not planning on doing a keto diet next time around.

tammyp
12-21-2009, 05:48 AM
That's great...Less to do as the date approaches. You don't need any last minute surprises like the hotel being booked. How about your pro card? Did you send in your application already?

yes i got it last week. do it NOW. you pay double if its past jan1 or jan 15.

sassy69
12-21-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm 9 days "out" from New Years in Cabo, so as any good FBB would do, I've started my double cardio today. LMAO!

To musclemilf's comment - I HATE being this soft - I'm still at 10 lb > stage weight but definitely a different body composition from dieting but not training as much right now but it all collects in my lower back. I look decent from the front, but the roll in the lower back just won't go. FAK! (thus the double cardio & topical fat burners right now....)

Suzanne
12-21-2009, 02:40 PM
I HATE being this soft - I'm still at 10 lb > stage weight

if i were 10 over weighin weight i would be thrilled and jumping for joy! i was 10lb form weighin weight 2 weeks before show that's how much water i dropped those 2 weeks.

I will never be able to be 10 lbs from weighin off season or i would be at contest bf level

tammyp
12-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Been trying to find the application on the IFBB site... Can't find it anywhere! I saw the memo that the fee is $400 if received after the 15th of January. Can you tell me where I can find the application?

you have to write jim manion and request your pro status. you can email it.

sassy69
12-21-2009, 06:49 PM
if i were 10 over weighin weight i would be thrilled and jumping for joy! i was 10lb form weighin weight 2 weeks before show that's how much water i dropped those 2 weeks.

I will never be able to be 10 lbs from weighin off season or i would be at contest bf level

Its a very weird place to be as I really need to get to my bulker after staying low bf for so long, but I refuse to be the big white beached whale on my first beach vacation in more than a decade. :)

Soon enough tho. I can tell I'm giving up some mass here as I definitely have a different body composition than I did a week after my last show when I was up 10 lb.

Wendy
12-22-2009, 06:46 AM
Yeah, you're right Suzanne, carbs have gained a bad rep. I'm not planning on doing a keto diet next time around.

I tried Keto and it wasn't good for me. I tend to binge on fats not carbs so I found that a lower fat mod carb worked better for me. I love the idea of keto but in reality I just couldn't stick to it. When you find yourself drinking your mac nut oil you have to acknowledge there might be a problem:p

GirlyMuscle
12-22-2009, 06:55 AM
I only had problems with nuts and peanut butter. Never mac nut oil. I really can't taste the mac nut in it. Just tastes like oil to me.

I like how I FEEL on keto. No bloating, tighter mid section. I feel good mentally too...until I hit about week 20 of dieting. That's why i won't do a contest prep over 16 weeks again. If I need more time than that I'm not ready to diet for a comp.

Wendy
12-22-2009, 07:08 AM
I overate on the nuts so they were gone, then the peanut butter so it was gone. The only thing left was the mac nut oil and it was like crack! Dave was awesome but I couldn't stick with the diet due to my own weakness.

GirlyMuscle
12-22-2009, 07:22 AM
I think that most of the time when people cant cut it on the keto thing it's due to their inability to deal with it mentally. Not that there's anything wrong with that. As we all know dieting is a more of a mental battle than anything else so I think it has to be taken into consideration of whether it's for you or not.

I found that while I missed my cheat meals, I'm better off mentally without them. With them I can't control myself to keep them reasonable. Again...all mental. I know next time I diet my cheat meals will be planned clean carbs instead of "eat what I want."

Wendy
12-22-2009, 08:00 AM
I was the same way if I didn't plan my cheat meal and in the end I was better off without them. Mentally I couldn't handle it. I guess I am an all or nothing girl!

GirlyMuscle
12-22-2009, 08:03 AM
That's me. I'm an extremist. All or nothing. I'm that way in every part of my life, too.

Wendy
12-22-2009, 08:08 AM
I tend to be that way too but I find as I get a little older I am mellowing. Kinda like a fine wine :)

GirlyMuscle
12-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Ah...wine...enjoyng some Australian Shiraz as we type...

There's some good things about off season. :D

musclemilf
12-22-2009, 09:09 AM
That's me. I'm an extremist. All or nothing. I'm that way in every part of my life, too.

Me too. It's not the best trait in me, since I can become too narrowly focused on a particular goal. Or this trait can cause me become too anxious or depressed if things aren't going the direction I want it to go in. Ya, I've been called a control freak. I'm learning to give myself a break in my older age :D

Suzanne
12-22-2009, 10:21 AM
I felt great everyday of my prep and was still strong the last week
No mood swings or bitchiness
No cravings

Wendy
12-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Ah...wine...enjoyng some Australian Shiraz as we type...

There's some good things about off season. :D

That's my favorite wine! I just picked some up for our New Year's Eve party! Yes, some of the good things about off season!!

musclemilf
12-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Did someone say wine? :D

Wendy
12-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Tee hee hee! I was gonna say GM started it but I looked back and realized I did but she named the yummy brand!!

shankuan
12-22-2009, 12:10 PM
I felt great everyday of my prep and was still strong the last week
No mood swings or bitchiness
No cravings

Can I borrow that part of your brain for my prep to start in 2 weeks?

Suzanne
12-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Can I borrow that part of your brain for my prep to start in 2 weeks?

All you need is a mindset you are doing it cu you love it, you are going into the show to only beat yourself, and have a trainer you trust 100% who treats your prep individually and make changes based on only how things are affecting me and is willing to try new things. How my diet/cardio/training goes for prep is like no other clients and each of there's is unique to them. Be it cardio type/intesity/amount or food macro breakdown. I knwo every decision he makes for my prep is based on how he is seeing me respond not some preconceived notion on how it SHOULD respond

Takes all the stress right out of it!

Wendy
12-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Holy Crap Suzanne - those legs are wicked! Never mind borrowing part of your brain I want some of that muscle!!!! :)

GirlyMuscle
12-23-2009, 10:23 AM
All you need is a mindset you are doing it cu you love it, you are going into the show to only beat yourself, and have a trainer you trust 100% who treats your prep individually and make changes based on only how things are affecting me and is willing to try new things. How my diet/cardio/training goes for prep is like no other clients and each of there's is unique to them. Be it cardio type/intesity/amount or food macro breakdown. I knwo every decision he makes for my prep is based on how he is seeing me respond not some preconceived notion on how it SHOULD respond

Takes all the stress right out of it!

You're right. But I think that comes with time. Were you that assured and confident with your first prep? I doubt it. Where you are both physically and mentally came with time and experience. I don't disagree with you but it takes traveling the journey to get to that point.

GirlyMuscle
12-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Holy Crap Suzanne - those legs are wicked! Never mind borrowing part of your brain I want some of that muscle!!!! :)

Suzanne will be a pro someday. Of that I have no doubts.

Wendy
12-23-2009, 10:30 AM

I agree! The spirit of a Champion!

............and those legs!!!!!:drool:

Suzanne
12-23-2009, 11:00 AM

I agree! The spirit of a Champion!

............and those legs!!!!!:drool:
Thank you all so very much!

You're right. But I think that comes with time. Were you that assured and confident with your first prep? I doubt it. Where you are both physically and mentally came with time and experience. I don't disagree with you but it takes traveling the journey to get to that point.

Very true

Although my first 4 shows i didn't stress at all since i wasn't on any boards it wasn't like i had competitors pics to compare to i was just doing it for fun.

My shows for 2007 i played the "look at everyone's pics who i was competing against" and i saw everything they had that i didn't It made prep really not any fun

Then i took the year off and did a lot of thinking about how to approach off season and being able to accept not being a small clothing size not being able to buy a lot of clothes i would want to wear and also how to approach prep so that it was something enjoyable regardless of placing

With that approach i prepped stressfree and just enjoyed it for jrs this year and Jeremy said it was why my body was responding so well. And i really had so much more fun. Even the cardio i dread didn't seem nearly as bad.

Jeremy and I talked for quite a long time right before Nationals prep and he insisted that the only way i was dong the show is if i just enjoyed the journey didn't think about winning a pro card. Just find something everyday to enjoy no matter how hard that day might have been. And that our goal was to just be improved over how i looked at jr nats

It really makes a huge difference and takes a huge weight off if you just think about beating yourself and not worrying at all about who will be standing there next to you.

Do i still worry if i am behind or something else comes up like my injury right at the end sure do1 but i was able to deal with it so much better and get passed it and just push to finish the prep and be the best i can be.

I just see so many people that seem miserable and stressed during prep and i don't wanna feel that way

GirlyMuscle
12-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Suzanne thank for that post. You have achieved a different level than some of us have. I know what you're saying about prep now but we all have to get there. I think that only comes with time and experience.

GirlyMuscle
12-23-2009, 11:14 AM
And....taking fourth...or last..however you want to look at it.....made me want more. Funniest part is the placing meant nothing to me on that day. But I understand the comments of wanting to beat yourself.

Suzanne
12-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Suzanne thank for that post. You have achieved a different level than some of us have. I know what you're saying about prep now but we all have to get there. I think that only comes with time and experience.

I think some get there a lot faster so hopefully it can help some to seethat it can be fun and not a stressful thing. For sure an individual journey

And i think some do start with that mindset it just depends where they are in their own level of self esteem. I had none. Still have very little.

I did not enjoy my 2004 -2006 preps at all and it was when i was figure i was constantly worrying if i would be good enough if i would have abs since i had never had any. it wasn't enjoyable at all even my off season 2006 before i started with jeremy was miserable i was only in the gym to not get fat.

Jeremy bringing me back to bbing, showing me i didn't have to starve year round or do shitloads of cardio in the offseason made a world off difference!!!! I found the passion again :)

GirlyMuscle
12-23-2009, 07:55 PM
I can already tell you my next contest prep will be different from the first. I never really believed i could have abs or that I'd ever get lean enough to compete. I just didn't believe my body was capable of it. But I made a promise that I'd follow through regardless of the outcome and I did.

I didn't get lean enough and I only had a hint of abs but it was enough to see that I DO have it under there. I just need to push it a little farther next time...beat myself. So my mindset is different now. I can't wait for the next prep.

terri vona
12-23-2009, 08:01 PM
I can already tell you my next contest prep will be different from the first. I never really believed i could have abs or that I'd ever get lean enough to compete. I just didn't believe my body was capable of it. But I made a promise that I'd follow through regardless of the outcome and I did.

I didn't get lean enough and I only had a hint of abs but it was enough to see that I DO have it under there. I just need to push it a little farther next time...beat myself. So my mindset is different now. I can't wait for the next prep.

That's how I train for every show I've been in, as long as I come in looking better than I did for my last show I've done my job. Puts me in a better state of mind for each show.

GirlyMuscle
12-23-2009, 08:14 PM
That's how I train for every show I've been in, as long as I come in looking better than I did for my last show I've done my job. Puts me in a better state of mind for each show.Doing that first show really changed me in a lot of ways. It changed my perspective. It was like putting on glasses and seeing the world clearer. Climbing a mountain and seeing a different view. Until I competed, I didn't really understand what it meant to go out there and compete with myself and not the other girls. Now I get it.

tammyp
12-24-2009, 07:53 AM
so yesterday i felt fat and rolly. today i posed while i was training and i was pretty happy with what i saw.....total mind screw.

GirlyMuscle
12-24-2009, 08:26 AM
We joined a new gym yesterday. Gyms are freakin expensive in Australia! One wanted to charge Sledge $225 for a two month membership for me. Back in the states I pay $240 a year!

Anyway, it's a brand new gym. All new equipment. Yesterday was the first time I trained there. Between my first and second warm up set I realized there's not ONE mirror in the whole gym! I was like, WTF???? How the hell am I supposed to train without mirrors?? I'm a ham. I flex and pose between sets. What am I gonna do for those 2-3 min rest breaks?

On my way out I asked about mirrors and they assured me there are coming. Whew! Only problem is I don't like this off season look.

Suzanne
12-24-2009, 10:40 AM
so yesterday i felt fat and rolly. today i posed while i was training and i was pretty happy with what i saw.....total mind screw.

isn't it nuts how one day you think you look like shit then the next you think you look fine

since i have pics all the way form my weight loss i cna put pics side by side and realize i look better off season at 145 than i did at 125 really helps

sassy69
12-24-2009, 03:02 PM
^^ Continued proof that this sport is SOO MUCH MORE of a mental thing than a physical thing.

Ibarramedia
12-24-2009, 03:36 PM
We joined a new gym yesterday. Gyms are freakin expensive in Australia! One wanted to charge Sledge $225 for a two month membership for me. Back in the states I pay $240 a year!

Anyway, it's a brand new gym. All new equipment. Yesterday was the first time I trained there. Between my first and second warm up set I realized there's not ONE mirror in the whole gym! I was like, WTF???? How the hell am I supposed to train without mirrors?? I'm a ham. I flex and pose between sets. What am I gonna do for those 2-3 min rest breaks?

On my way out I asked about mirrors and they assured me there are coming. Whew! Only problem is I don't like this off season look.

Wait. You now live in Australia? Wow. Enjoy the summer there. ;)

GirlyMuscle
12-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Wait. You now live in Australia? Wow. Enjoy the summer there. ;)

Visiting Sledge for 3-6 months. We'll see what the future brings. :)

flick161
01-17-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm just coming towards the end of a year off and starting prep pretty soon.

Taking a year off is the scariest thing I ever did. I want people to notice I'm back, I want to smash my previous condition beyond belief. This is the first year I've believed "I can do it, I can win". I'm hoping it makes a huge difference.

Some days I'm focused and raring to go, other days I'm scared sh1tless... :-/

tammyp
01-17-2010, 02:54 PM
thats normal! just focus ...the fear will go away as you start to see your off season work surface.

CoCoCat
01-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Hey everyone. Relative newbie here (don't let my neg rep scare you, I got into it in the pit w/ Anabolic1 and it was all over! lol) with a question about eating during off-season. I've been bbing for about 3 months, and trying to follow Dave's bulking diet for women that whole time. Last weekend I had my first "sanity saving cheat" meal, and since then real food (eggs, chicken, steak, oatmeal) sound awful and about the only thing I can force myself to choke down is protein shakes and bars. Had another cheat this weekend and it sounded good when we started, tasted OK, and now I don't want anything but shakes and bars again. Like I want to gag on anything else. Has this ever happened to any of you? I'm not preggers either, although it sounds like it, doesn't it?

GirlyMuscle
01-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Hi Coco, Welcome to RX.

Don't know what to tell about not wanting real food. I never had the problem. Maybe someone else can help ya out.

And with that I must bid a fond farewell to my off season friends. My arse (and tummy) are beyond my comfort zone therefore I must return to the world of keto. I'm sad to leave you in the realm of building muscle. It was fun while it lasted. Now I must return to the world of dieting pergatory. Au revoir, my friends!

CoCoCat
01-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Thanks GirlyMuscle! Good luck w/ the keto, I'll be watching your journal!

tammyp
01-18-2010, 06:21 AM
i would reaLLy force the real food. you will get no where on shakes and bars alone. especially bars...they are crap, period. and if you are following daves diet, how are the bars fitting in? i now dave doesnt use them ever.

sassy69
01-18-2010, 12:27 PM
i would reaLLy force the real food. you will get no where on shakes and bars alone. especially bars...they are crap, period. and if you are following daves diet, how are the bars fitting in? i now dave doesnt use them ever.

Welcome to the world of competitive physique - it doesnt' matter what you think you can gag down or what you feel like eating - it matters only that you are fueling at the scheduled time w/ the scheduled food. Anything less than that attitude will make this a very long & mindfucking prep for you. If it were easy, everyone would do it. Its not easy because it requires you set aside all those things that we normally consider "comforts" and do only thingst hat help us reach our goals on our allotted time line, and optimally, at the rate your body can do it, supplying the most efficient environment in which to execute.

CoCoCat
01-18-2010, 02:51 PM

Hey TammyP thanks - the bars are my "oh crap I'm stuck out in the middle of nowhere without my food" crutch at the moment. Three months into this and I still am not the best at prepping my food AND having enough with me. I guess without a BF, family and work this would be easier, huh? But then, that's why not everyone does it, right? :) I'm going to keep trying to force the real food, thanks - I know it's better for me always.

CoCoCat
01-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Welcome to the world of competitive physique - it doesnt' matter what you think you can gag down or what you feel like eating - it matters only that you are fueling at the scheduled time w/ the scheduled food. Anything less than that attitude will make this a very long & mindfucking prep for you. If it were easy, everyone would do it. Its not easy because it requires you set aside all those things that we normally consider "comforts" and do only thingst hat help us reach our goals on our allotted time line, and optimally, at the rate your body can do it, supplying the most efficient environment in which to execute.

Nice kick in the proverbial pants Sassy, I appreciate it. Last thing I need is anything else fucking with my mind, expecially this new world I've jumped into . . . the lack of comforts I'm good with, but I think I might have lost sight of the goal for a while. It's getting clearer! I've been in competitive sport of one kind or the other all my life, this ones entirely different but I am loving it. Thanks again.

sassy69
01-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Nice kick in the proverbial pants Sassy, I appreciate it. Last thing I need is anything else fucking with my mind, expecially this new world I've jumped into . . . the lack of comforts I'm good with, but I think I might have lost sight of the goal for a while. It's getting clearer! I've been in competitive sport of one kind or the other all my life, this ones entirely different but I am loving it. Thanks again.

I'm a little hardass in my descriptions of what it takes to do this sort of pursuit, but its based on my own experience and the years I spent trying to find the "easy" way or deal w/ all the mental fear / roadblocks / anxiety I set up for myself. What I arrived at, after years of trying to "diet" and my first 3 compettions (even given they were spread over 5 years), is that very simply, you either do it, or don't bother. Its like me getting to the gym sometimes. If I let myself argue back & forth on the drive there (which is about 10 min from work), I could easily just take the onramp to the hiway & go home and stare at the TV. But instead I just don't even think about it until I get to the gym. Once I'm there, I really enjoy it. Getting there .. oh it would be so easy to just go home & be lump. So the only thing I need to do is GET TO THE GYM. SOmetimes things just don't feel right (off day, not enough sleep, shitty mood, something hurts, etc.) and at that point I'll decide if I need to call it a day or not. But most of the time, once I get there, there's no question of why I'm there & how great it is to just GO DO IT!
.. anyway that's how I deal w/ that frustration and occassional prep burnout. Its a very simple answer - you either do it, or don't bother. This isnt' somethign you can do half way and expect to produce the results you 'd be proud of on stage.

Suzanne
01-18-2010, 04:09 PM
- you either do it, or don't bother. This isnt' somethign you can do half way and expect to produce the results you 'd be proud of on stage.

x2 :yep:

tammyp
01-18-2010, 04:15 PM
you need to plan and mass cook. i always have my food with me...always, on and off season. i think i only eat bars at the expos sample stations, and i pay for it for days!

sassy69
01-18-2010, 07:37 PM
you need to plan and mass cook. i always have my food with me...always, on and off season. i think i only eat bars at the expos sample stations, and i pay for it for days!

Soooo true! I used to survive on the old MetRX bars (back when they were more like uncooked cookie dough) - I used to work SCUBA charters in S. Florida so I had to carry all my food onto the boat w/ no refrigeration. Those things were indestructible so they worked great. These days, however, whenever I eat protein bars, they sit in my stomach like a glucose brick. Personally I think eventually you would really notice the impact to your digestion if you ate a lot of them.

And isn't tammy bringing up a GREAT rule for when you make your first trip to the Arnold or the Olympia.... its like a veritable cornicopia of free protein bar samples. But pay attention... try a couple here & there. But don't throw them down in handfuls because there's no other food around. Plan ahead & bring your food or spend the money on the chicken, rice & broccoli plates they have at the concessions. Those protein bar samples will leave you bloated & backed up for days after the Expo is over. :hypno:

CoCoCat
01-19-2010, 01:58 AM
Best part of my day is getting to the gym - once I'm there everything else fades and it's just weights (and occassionally some weird people and crappy music!) and me. And I've felt better all around (no colds etc.) since I started so I haven't even had to take a day off for that - yes! So I'm off to bake some chicken breasts and fix my meals for tomorrow and hopefully Wednesday!

sassy69
01-19-2010, 02:51 AM
Best part of my day is getting to the gym - once I'm there everything else fades and it's just weights (and occassionally some weird people and crappy music!) and me. And I've felt better all around (no colds etc.) since I started so I haven't even had to take a day off for that - yes! So I'm off to bake some chicken breasts and fix my meals for tomorrow and hopefully Wednesday!

Just like duct tape, the gym fixes everything!

flick161
01-19-2010, 06:43 AM
I'm starting to go off the 'hating my food' stage after 4 years bodybuilding and eating cleanly. Couldn't stand another chicken meal heatd up, so now I switched to tuna, til I get sick of that!
I've saved Chicken for the evenings where it's cooked fresh (not re-heated) and this helps heaps.
Experiment with seasonings etc, and hopefully it'll get easier!

mshrdbdy
01-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Soooo true! I used to survive on the old MetRX bars (back when they were more like uncooked cookie dough) - I used to work SCUBA charters in S. Florida so I had to carry all my food onto the boat w/ no refrigeration. Those things were indestructible so they worked great. These days, however, whenever I eat protein bars, they sit in my stomach like a glucose brick. Personally I think eventually you would really notice the impact to your digestion if you ate a lot of them.

And isn't tammy bringing up a GREAT rule for when you make your first trip to the Arnold or the Olympia.... its like a veritable cornicopia of free protein bar samples. But pay attention... try a couple here & there. But don't throw them down in handfuls because there's no other food around. Plan ahead & bring your food or spend the money on the chicken, rice & broccoli plates they have at the concessions. Those protein bar samples will leave you bloated & backed up for days after the Expo is over. :hypno:

I learned that one the HARD way at the USA's a 2 yrs ago... NEVER again ladies.... never.

shankuan
01-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Its a very simple answer - you either do it, or don't bother. This isnt' somethign you can do half way and expect to produce the results you 'd be proud of on stage.

X2 :yep: THIS HAS BECOME A MANTRA of sorts!!! And best explains it! And i try to apply it to everything i do!

shankuan
01-19-2010, 12:50 PM

whenever i stepped away from this principle and tried to 'wing it', especially at work, i sure as hell paid for it for days, and UNCOMFORTABLY so!!! :drool: So it's best to stick to doing this, in AND off season. Not only does it save money, it also saves time, saves you you being upset/disappointed from eating crappy food AND it saves you possibly several trips to the bathroom.

Just like duct tape, the gym fixes everything!

That it does!

shankuan
01-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Hi Coco, Welcome to RX.
And with that I must bid a fond farewell to my off season friends. My arse (and tummy) are beyond my comfort zone therefore I must return to the world of keto. I'm sad to leave you in the realm of building muscle. It was fun while it lasted. Now I must return to the world of dieting pergatory. Au revoir, my friends!

I myself have stepped out. i will however be popping in to read what everybody else is up to. Best of luck to you GM! I'll just pop into your journal more often now to see what adventures you're having over there in keto world In Australia!

flick161
01-22-2010, 05:36 AM
Am excited! Am going to see trainer on Friday for first time in like 16 months. Possibly starting diet next week and I'm REALLY excited! Hope I look different, I've worked my a$$ off in my year off...

LisaRD23
07-07-2010, 11:46 AM
So untill I decide exactly what I am going to do I am techinally in off-season. I am still working with my trainer so my diet/training/cardio is all set and planned for me.

The only problem I've been having latley is "mindless" eating. Like the other day I wanted something sweet, so I had some pinnapple slices- no big deal. Then I wanted something salty, so I had 1-serving of mini pretzels- no biggie, but then I wanted chocolate...and cheese...and candy--- yeah now that quickly turned into a big deal. I wasn't even hungry!!

I added my weekly cheats back in, and I am allowing a little flexability in my diet so what gives??

How do you keep this mindless eating in check?

tammyp
07-07-2010, 01:01 PM
keep it out of sight. make it a challange to get to it..like top shelf if the back.

LisaRD23
07-07-2010, 02:28 PM
keep it out of sight. make it a challange to get to it..like top shelf if the back.

if it weren't for my husband and daughter I wouldn't even buy these extra snack items...except for the fruit. A majority of the snacks really aren't even all that bad...when my brain starts thinking my stomach is a bottomless pit is where the problems begin!!

I'm going to put the Ritz Crackers in the freezer when I get home:)

shankuan
07-07-2010, 04:12 PM
keep it out of sight. make it a challenge to get to it..like top shelf if the back.

LMAO! THIS wouldn't work with me cause i'd need to be at home long enough doing nothing long enough to hear whatever it is calling me. the BEST way is NOT to have it around AT ALL.

tammyp
07-07-2010, 04:50 PM
i agree, but if you have kids you have kiddie food around. i dont even let my hubby have pb in the house when im in contest mode. it calls me...

Wendy
07-08-2010, 07:17 AM
i agree, but if you have kids you have kiddie food around. i dont even let my hubby have pb in the house when im in contest mode. it calls me...

It's NEVER in the house when I prep. My next door neighbor babysits my stash - so far, I haven't broken into his house so it's safe there lol!

LisaRD23
07-09-2010, 10:28 AM
LMAO! THIS wouldn't work with me cause i'd need to be at home long enough doing nothing long enough to hear whatever it is calling me. the BEST way is NOT to have it around AT ALL.

It's NEVER in the house when I prep. My next door neighbor babysits my stash - so far, I haven't broken into his house so it's safe there lol!

It's really not even crap that I keep in the house. Things from rice cakes to apples have had me wanting "just a little bit". The hardest mental battle I am having right now is that I just went through about 16 weeks of contest prep...hell even my entire 2009-2010 off-season was contest prep-- different focus but goal still the same either way.

So now that I really don't have anything holding me back I just want to munch, munch, munch!! But I KNOW I don't want to pack on 20+lbs either!!

Suzanne
07-09-2010, 10:33 AM
It's really not even crap that I keep in the house. Things from rice cakes to apples have had me wanting "just a little bit". The hardest mental battle I am having right now is that I just went through about 16 weeks of contest prep...hell even my entire 2009-2010 off-season was contest prep-- different focus but goal still the same either way.

So now that I really don't have anything holding me back I just want to munch, munch, munch!! But I KNOW I don't want to pack on 20+lbs either!!

Is your off season program calories too low? Does it allow for variety?

LisaRD23
07-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Is your off season program calories too low? Does it allow for variety?

My calories are slowly going back up. Plus like I said I get my weekly cheat meals back in too. It's just mindless eating...I've been dealing with personal stress too while I'm trying to get my body to readjust. Hopefully after this trip I have next week my mind will finally relax a bit.

LisaRD23
07-29-2010, 09:55 AM
So I'm finally out of my funk. Keeping on track during my vacation helped me see how to be flexiable and enjoy and stop before going over board.

The non-stop mindless eating has stopped....thank god!!! I feel I am settling into off season nicely.

SallyAnne
07-29-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm officially not competing this year, so here I am in off season which I want to officially start as soon as I get back from Vegas this weekend. I have never really had a dedicated off season, so this year I want to kick ass and see what I can REALLY do without turning into a fat ass. lol

I'm also undecided as to what direction I should go in. I've been having some doubts about where I'm taking this as far as competing goes. I don't like that clothes don't fit right and the bigger I get, the worse this will get. I'm not striving to earn a pro card...because even if I was good enough to get one, wtf do I do then? lol I'm not a big girl and don't really want to be one. I'm too big to be a lw and at the high end of the middle weights with improvements that still need to be made. If I put on any more size, I become a lhw. I don't want to go there.

SO. What do I do with this off season? A shit-ton of cardio and maybe bikini next year? :D lol Right.

I don't think competing is as important to me as it was a couple of years ago. I've found some other things in my life I like doing better, but I'm not going to go as far as saying I won't compete again. hmmmm.

I would just love to learn to stay leaner year round, period - without having to have the goal of competing. No more up and down and up and down in weight. I think that is really what I want...

LisaRD23
07-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Sally, our personal reasons maybe a bit different....but I understand EXACTLY how you are feeling regarding competing. I had a blast last year, and this year...but life and prioities are shifting a bit.

After long thought, and going back and forth with my trainer/coach I decided to take at least 1yr off from stepping on stage, so I will not be competing for 2011. Whatever I do this year as far as training goals go will be strictly for ME.

tammyp
07-29-2010, 05:36 PM
sally you would do well in figure if you scaled back a bit. your curvy, have great boobs, and a gorgeous face....something to think about.

Wendy
07-30-2010, 01:26 PM
I would just love to learn to stay leaner year round, period - without having to have the goal of competing. No more up and down and up and down in weight. I think that is really what I want...[/quote]

This is my ultimate goal!

stephaniewicked
07-30-2010, 01:50 PM
SO. What do I do with this off season? A shit-ton of cardio and maybe bikini next year? :D lol Right.

Never say never... jk! ;) I was super jealous (in an OMG-thats-so-effin'-HOT-and-I-want-THAT kinda way) of your back last year (I remember seeing a video of you right before Nationals that had me thinking "wow"... in a non-schmoette way of course! :p). You can't let all that sexiness go...

I'm in the process of trying to find the balance between competing, living a healthy lifestyle and making time for people/things that are important to me. I find it hard to do it all when I'm in prep mode because I really need to shut out negative and outside influences and put 110% focus and energy into my goals. I know that isn't good either, but I haven't yet figured out a way to manage it all and still maintain some level of sanity... so I can totally respect and appreciate you wanting to take some indefinite time off to find your own balance.

I gained too much weight last year (even though I was trying to gain some muscle, I definitely added more fat than I wanted - damn Christmas cookies!!), so my goal for this year is to definitely keep the weight in check while still making improvements and feeling good about myself in and out of clothes. Good luck with whatever you choose to do, woman...

SallyAnne
10-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Nationals will be here soon and the season almost over! I think think this is a great time to get this thread going again!

Cdimeo
10-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Because this lifestyle (combined with my preexisting diet-OCD) leaves me feeling like a cow after one cheat meal...I'm also having a hard time planning out my off-season diet :(. I stay pretty lean year-round because I keep my carbs on the lower-side, but I am making a sincere attempt to up my carb intake because I can't gain any strength and/or size without some kind of change.

I just got back into competing after 11 years out of the game and picked my competitions unwisely this year. Needless to say, I've been on pre-comp diet since February of this past year and competed for the final time last weekend. I was so drained and lost a significant amount of muscle (I felt) over the last 8 weeks. Although I ate SUPER clean for the last 8 weeks pre-comp, I intend to come in leaner and meaner for Team-U in July 2011.

Anyone have any good strategies for off-season? I'm thinking that upping my oats and yams is not going to cut it entirely LOL.

SallyAnne
10-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Because this lifestyle (combined with my preexisting diet-OCD) leaves me feeling like a cow after one cheat meal...I'm also having a hard time planning out my off-season diet :(. I stay pretty lean year-round because I keep my carbs on the lower-side, but I am making a sincere attempt to up my carb intake because I can't gain any strength and/or size without some kind of change.

I just got back into competing after 11 years out of the game and picked my competitions unwisely this year. Needless to say, I've been on pre-comp diet since February of this past year and competed for the final time last weekend. I was so drained and lost a significant amount of muscle (I felt) over the last 8 weeks. Although I ate SUPER clean for the last 8 weeks pre-comp, I intend to come in leaner and meaner for Team-U in July 2011.

Anyone have any good strategies for off-season? I'm thinking that upping my oats and yams is not going to cut it entirely LOL.

It think it's important to have balance off season. We're so strick during prep that sometimes I think it's difficult to achieve any type of balance when we're done. Most people either go hog wild and gain 50 pounds or continue to be strict because they have control issues.

Whatever steps you do decide to take - remember that rewarding yourself should not make you feel guilty or bad in any way.

Cdimeo
10-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Thanks! So much easier said than done when you watch the water fill you out ;) I have acquired an amazing degree of self control....as one knows you need in this sport,but my body is ridiculously diet sensitive so I'm working out that balance.

Wendy
10-08-2010, 05:51 AM
I will be competing in two weeks and then I MUST have a dedicated off season diet plan. I am either on or off my diet and when I am "off" it isn't pretty. I don't suffer from post competition rebound - I suffer from post competition lack of self control and pigging out. My wt gain is all self inflicted and my own fault. I don't understand how I can have so much control and get myself to the stage and then it all falls apart. I binge and closet eat. LOL, closet eating is my own term for what I do in private when no one is around. Binge, binge, binge and then say "well, I don't know how I gained 20lbs?"

tammyp
10-08-2010, 08:12 AM
you gotta have a plan wendy. off season needs to be structured to some degree...obviously not like pre contest, but you need to have an idea of cals your going to take in, foods to add in and training regime. why not start an off season journal? it may make you accountable.

shankuan
10-08-2010, 09:36 AM
i guess for me this is learning process as fas as off season goes. WHile i may not binge, i allow myself to have the little stuff i wouldn't otherwise. Even with a structured plan (liek i have now) things like chocolate sandwich cookies or honey roasted peanuts or chocolate kisses (2 or so at a time) become every now and then 'snacks'. I have to make a conscious effort to minimize it or else it will add up. I am already up 8lbs post contest (in 3 weeks) and my body just holds water like a reservoir after having carbs and i think THAT is the frustrating part. So as not to become a headcase I have to keep the cardio in to try and balance it out.

Keli Watkins
10-09-2010, 08:27 AM
One of my coaches ingrained in me that you win a show in the off season. Basically I'm lifting heavy, taking in about 3500 cal daily and do cardio (20-30min) after each training session. I train 3/wk right now but will probably bump it to 4 in November-I stay pretty lean in my off season which is a gift and a curse since I'm such a hard gainer-I agree totally you must have a plan!!!

Wendy
10-10-2010, 07:32 AM
you gotta have a plan wendy. off season needs to be structured to some degree...obviously not like pre contest, but you need to have an idea of cals your going to take in, foods to add in and training regime. why not start an off season journal? it may make you accountable.

I am working on this - a structured off season diet plan and I will work with my coach this time! I obviously need to be accountable to more then myself because that has been proven NOT to work!

wispa
10-14-2010, 03:37 PM
hey all!! im new to the site, i live in northern ireland and ive been lurking on here for a few months now. thought it was about time i posted something lol!! this was my second year competing and im now off season. im hoping to compete again next year but im dithering over wether i should take the year off to make some gains - some days i think i look alright then other days i think i look sh1t!!
training and diet wise i stick to a plan off season also, but if i want chocolate or whatever i,ll have it! i can deal with being bigger as long as body comp isnt swaying towards fat bastard, whereas my friend who competes in the toned figure class gets really down if she sees the scales going up!
have to say i really like this site, there isnt anything like this in uk for us girlies, there are female sections on the boards but nothing like this!

heftizzle
10-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Hi everyone. I hate how i look off season. I am thick what i call my self FAT. I was so lean and petite when i was competing in figure but in bb off season i feel soo fat and discusted to myself. I have been asking my self what do i do if i want to loose the size. I am only 5"1' so it was not hard for me to put on some size. What do you recommend if i want to lose the muscle but at the same time i love lifting. I am frustrated. I dont tolarate carbs anymore i get puffy with 1 or 2 cheat meals. I havent gone to the gym for 2 weeks, i had a surgery, i have gained 10 pounds in 14 days. Crazy hah? I just wanted to share it with you. May be i should go back to figure but i dont know how:dunno:

stephaniewicked
10-14-2010, 09:40 PM
hey all!! im new to the site, i live in northern ireland and ive been lurking on here for a few months now. thought it was about time i posted something lol!! this was my second year competing and im now off season. im hoping to compete again next year but im dithering over wether i should take the year off to make some gains - some days i think i look alright then other days i think i look sh1t!!
training and diet wise i stick to a plan off season also, but if i want chocolate or whatever i,ll have it! i can deal with being bigger as long as body comp isnt swaying towards fat bastard, whereas my friend who competes in the toned figure class gets really down if she sees the scales going up!
have to say i really like this site, there isnt anything like this in uk for us girlies, there are female sections on the boards but nothing like this!

Hi everyone. I hate how i look off season. I am thick what i call my self FAT. I was so lean and petite when i was competing in figure but in bb off season i feel soo fat and discusted to myself. I have been asking my self what do i do if i want to loose the size. I am only 5"1' so it was not hard for me to put on some size. What do you recommend if i want to lose the muscle but at the same time i love lifting. I am frustrated. I dont tolarate carbs anymore i get puffy with 1 or 2 cheat meals. I havent gone to the gym for 2 weeks, i had a surgery, i have gained 10 pounds in 14 days. Crazy hah? I just wanted to share it with you. May be i should go back to figure but i dont know how:dunno:

Hey ladies! Welcome to Rx! :) We can all sympathize here, hence this lovely thread. I imagine after nationals, there will be alot more competitors joining us on the dark side for the winter months. I, myself, am looking forward to January so I can begin cutting again! It's nice to have some balance in the off-season, but more than anything, it just plays with my head and my emotions. Training sessions are fantastic though, so I try to keep that in mind when I feel like crap.

tammyp
10-15-2010, 05:14 AM

its not muscle that is the problem...you probably are carrying to much BF. personally i dont think its productive to gain more than 15 lbs off season. you have to find your happy place. what kind of surgery did you have? yoou may be holding water post surgery....but if you cant train, you need to really tighten up the diet. and welcome!

shankuan
10-15-2010, 11:48 AM
tried this and found it was DEeeeeeeLISH! so i thought i'd share. maybe you've already discovered this but for those lactose intolerant gals its a nice comfort drink without the lactose discomfort and the calories are still low.:p

1 cup vanilla almond milk (unsweetened - can use original/chocolate too)
1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp nutmeg (optional)
splenda to sweeten
1/2 tsp cocoa powder (i use a bit more as i like the richness from it)

warm up/heat milk in microwave, then mix in remaining ingredients and enjoy!!! hot chocolate at its best yummmyyyy!!!

MacBeth83628
10-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Hi Ladies, this is my first time posting here. I've been reading and catching up on this thread all day. I'm two weeks out from my first Bikini show, I know, this thread sounds more right for bb girls but I think you gals could give me a lot of advice that can be very useful to me.

I'm already thinking about off season so that I don't do the "gain 15 lbs in first week" thing. When I started this journey back on December 28, 2009 the goal was to become fit and healthy and have a flat stomach by end of year. Something I have never had in my life. I'm 5'0" and turned 45 yrs old this year. I started the journey at 153 lbs and I'm at 112.4 lbs this morning. My trainer says I need to be at 105 lbs by competition day October 30.

While reading this thread it was nice to hear that everyone has the same issues. It seems like food shouldn't have the power to control our lives but it does. I know I have to have a plan before I even get to off season or I will go back to what I was before and I don't even have my flat stomach yet.

Ladies, do you have any advice for a newbie bikini competitor as far as diet and work out on off season?

tammyp
10-17-2010, 08:24 PM
First off. Welcome and kudos for doing your first show. Best advice is have ur coach outline an off season diet plan. Id also suggest doing a journal here. Helps make you more accountable.

Kyle1
10-18-2010, 01:21 PM
You need to ask this bodybuilder her secrets!! this is 6 weeks after her last show the 2010 N.A.;)

MacBeth83628
10-19-2010, 12:30 PM
First off. Welcome and kudos for doing your first show. Best advice is have ur coach outline an off season diet plan. Id also suggest doing a journal here. Helps make you more accountable.

Thanks Tammy, a journal is a great idea and I definitely need to be held accountable. That is the main reason I hired a trainer was to be held accountable to my goals of getting fit. Believe me, it's worked.

Do you ladies know of any specific forums that are geared more toward bikini competitors that I could look into?

Also, any advice for last week preparation before competition? My stomach is not as tight as it needs to be and although I can't do tons between now and competition day it wouldn't hurt to try what I can to make it as best as I can.

Thanks for all input.

stephaniewicked
10-19-2010, 01:15 PM
I'm a bikini competitor! We're all welcome here, MacBeth... welcome girl!! ;)

Trust your trainer and follow whatever he/she tells you to do in that final week. Ms. TammyP is my coach and I would not have been successful without having faith in her and following the program she prepared for me this year.

Good luck to you in your show!

The Prodigy
10-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Does the new rumor about changing fbbing change the way you are structuring your offseason at all? Interested to hear other girls plans.

Suzanne
10-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Does the new rumor about changing fbbing change the way you are structuring your offseason at all? Interested to hear other girls plans.

NO!

I am a bber always will be I may just not have a stage to compete on
2011 I will show up on stage as if none of this is going down compete against myself

I train and look this way because i like it I never did it just for a trophy and will continue to be who I am a bodybuilder

missionbound
10-21-2010, 05:44 PM
NO!

2011 I will show up on stage as if none of this is going down compete against myself

I train and look this way because i like it I never did it just for a trophy and will continue to be who I am a bodybuilder

Suzanne,
Your positive attitude is contagious!!!
We only have one life to live so live it the way you personally see fit!

sassy69
10-21-2010, 06:42 PM
I still gotta step it up to compete at the top of the national amateur level, but the things I need to correct are in terms of conditioning, not size. So to that end, I think I'm still on the same track as I would've been anyway.

TGandsey
10-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Hey what do you ladies like to use for carbs post workout? I was thinking of adding waxy maize? i need to get in around 100g what do you reccomed?

tammyp
10-25-2010, 05:38 AM
species carbolyze is good.

or you could add simple sugar like jelly or honey to an english muffin or on rice cakes...pasta too.

Suzanne
10-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Hey what do you ladies like to use for carbs post workout? I was thinking of adding waxy maize? i need to get in around 100g what do you reccomed?

Karbolyn from Professional Supplements each scoop 50g
I have been using it for over 2 years including all the way til 1 week out form show

http://www.supplementwarehouse.com/ing/198031.jpg

TGandsey
10-28-2010, 06:56 PM
So I already posted about post workout carbs but just wanted a few more suggestions! so I am currently in my "off season" and i am trying to put on some lean muscle mass! I compete in figure and am 5'1 and around 105lbs. My question is what have you ladies found to be the most benefical carb sources for pre and post workout? I get about 60 pre and 110 post. I am currently doing oatmeal with some pumpkin, almond butter, and eggwhites pre and whey, waxy maize, a banana and some berries post! I would love anyones feedback/suggestions.

VIKKI
11-02-2010, 03:51 PM
NO!

I love the way you think Suzanne! Amen to that!

Wendy
11-04-2010, 07:26 AM
Just an update to keep myself accountable. This weekend will be 2 wks since my show and I have been tracking and recording my meals and following a structured off season plan. Wt is still bouncing around trying to find its happy place but I am 6lbs over stage wt right now. Two days after my show I was 12lbs over lol! Can you say sponge??? :)
I am tapering my cardio and all in all I feel so much better then I did in April post comp when it was an all out binge-fest for weeks.

tammyp
11-04-2010, 08:46 AM
So I already posted about post workout carbs but just wanted a few more suggestions! so I am currently in my "off season" and i am trying to put on some lean muscle mass! I compete in figure and am 5'1 and around 105lbs. My question is what have you ladies found to be the most benefical carb sources for pre and post workout? I get about 60 pre and 110 post. I am currently doing oatmeal with some pumpkin, almond butter, and eggwhites pre and whey, waxy maize, a banana and some berries post! I would love anyones feedback/suggestions.

you are on track IMO...i agree with all your choices.

tammyp
11-04-2010, 08:46 AM
Just an update to keep myself accountable. This weekend will be 2 wks since my show and I have been tracking and recording my meals and following a structured off season plan. Wt is still bouncing around trying to find its happy place but I am 6lbs over stage wt right now. Two days after my show I was 12lbs over lol! Can you say sponge??? :)
I am tapering my cardio and all in all I feel so much better then I did in April post comp when it was an all out binge-fest for weeks.

good for you wendy! keep it up!

Wendy
11-05-2010, 08:02 AM
good for you wendy! keep it up!

Thanks Tammy! I will be going away on vacation shortly so I hope that I don't ruin all my hard work while I am away but those slushy drinks are sooooo yummy! :)

Suzanne
11-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Loving my off season meals

french toast - ww bread, egg whites, cinnamon, sf syrup

ww pasta, chicken, ff mozzarella

chicken salad like subway's orchard chicken - chick, ff may, apple, raisins, ff swiss, lettuce on ww wrap or ww bread

Greek yogurt, splenda, ff apple cinnamon granola

egg whites, red potatoes, onions, bell peppers, ff cheddar scramble

ww tortillas, chicken, salsa, ff sour cream, ff chedder, lettuce

kashi island vanilla or cinnamon harvest with ff milk

pears

feels like i am eating real food :yep:

gonna try making some low/no fat chili in the crock pot soon

LisaRD23
11-08-2010, 12:01 PM
I've finally fallen into a nice off season "groove":)

I've been allowing myself some more flexability in diet and been experimenting with different recipes...basically creating diet friendly versions of my crave foods. Weekends have consited of 1- controlled cheat meal and 1- felxabile diet more "fun" cheat day.

Last weekend my husband & I went away for our wedding anniversary so I tightend up my diet and increased my cardio intesity for a few days just to tighten up a bit and I was extremly happy that I was able to pull it back without going crazy or making dramatic changes in my diet.

I took a week off from the gym after my weekend get away and I started this week with some training changes. I'm giving HIT Circut training a try for 8 weeks. No pressure no deadline goal dates.

This is a nice balance and the mental off season stress has finally subsided.

GirlyMuscle
11-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Competed on Saturday. Eating what I want this week as long as I get in my protein. Weight went up 10 pounds immediately (all water) but I feel like a fat ass now. Coach says not to "diet" until after the holidays. Until then my rules are simple...get protein with every meal, no carbs after 6pm.

I'm gonna be such a fat ass by Jan 1. I'm going to have to write myself an off season "diet" so I don't blow up too much.

tammyp
11-24-2010, 12:18 PM
you can cut way back on your protein when you add carbs back in. i used to eat way more protein than i needed, found i could build and maintain muscle with much less.

GirlyMuscle
11-24-2010, 12:28 PM
I admit it. Without an actual plan to follow I will eat anything and everything. I need a plan. I can't eat like others do. Too many EDs.

Suzanne
11-24-2010, 12:37 PM
you can cut way back on your protein when you add carbs back in. i used to eat way more protein than i needed, found i could build and maintain muscle with much less.

yep i only eat 3oz protein per meal