PDA

View Full Version : Umaga Passses Away

thachozenonebx
12-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Former WWE star Umaga hospitalized Edward Fatu, 36, is hospitalized in Houston and in what was described as life threatening condition by a long-time friend.

Details are sketchy at this point but he apparently fell asleep last night while watching television, and several hours later, his wife found him not breathing with blood coming out of his nose and he was rushed to the hospital.

TPT
12-04-2009, 05:59 PM
chozen! keep us updated. that would be sad shit.

thachozenonebx
12-04-2009, 06:24 PM
i will...there is another story where Bobby Lashley has kinda hinted that he is dead but its not offiical yet. A few news stories have reported he has suffered a heart attack. I hope he pulls through

Chmbrspns3
12-04-2009, 07:08 PM
The WWE website issued the following statement this evening:
Umaga passes
Written: December 4, 2009
WWE would like to express its deepest condolences to Mr. Fatu’s family, friends and fans on his tragic passing. Mr. Fatu was under contract with WWE at various time periods and most recently performed under the name "Umaga." Mr. Fatu's contract was terminated on June 11, 2009.

thachozenonebx
12-04-2009, 07:39 PM
that sucks...he was such a talented big man. I know it may be "too early" but he was terminated for drugs.....jeez

RIP Umaga

bad bad leroy brown
12-04-2009, 09:48 PM
DAMN!!!!!!!! I hated, HATED his character, but damn, was he an athlete.

~gymdiva~
12-04-2009, 10:16 PM
when I get home i'll change the title to reflect the current status but yes, Umaga did in fact pass away this afternoon....i saw it on twitter while at work....possible heart failure was the last I heard/read on a cause....RIP and thoughts/prayers to his friends and family....

ROTFLMAO
12-04-2009, 10:25 PM
Sounds like a cocaine overdose to me.......

~gymdiva~
12-04-2009, 11:24 PM
how about we mourn for the man and his family before throwing around accusations...

~gymdiva~
12-04-2009, 11:27 PM
here's posts at WZ to catch us up to the point we're at now:

by Nick Paglino
Dec 04, 2009
Jim Ross has confirmed reports that Eddie "Umaga" Fatu did indeed suffer a heart attack last night. F4WOnline.com has noted that last night, Fatu fell asleep watching television, and then his wife found him shortly thereafter not breathing with blood running from his nose. At that point she rushed him to the hospital where he was then placed on life support.

According to a source I just spoke with, Fatu apparently suffered another heart attack after the decision was made to take him off life support, and following that heart attack, he was gone.

by Nick Paglino
Dec 04, 2009
WWE.com has issued the following statement:

"WWE would like to express its deepest condolences to Mr. Fatu’s family, friends and fans on his tragic passing. Mr. Fatu was under contract with WWE at various time periods and most recently performed under the name "Umaga." Mr. Fatu's contract was terminated on June 11, 2009."

~gymdiva~
12-04-2009, 11:34 PM
I liked this letter posted by WZ as sent in by a fan....I'm going to bold one part of it as I think it is something we all should keep in mind at this time:

by Nick Paglino
Dec 04, 2009

Thanks to Matthew Johnson for sending this in:

Today I write to you as a saddened wrestling fan over the death of Eddie "Umaga" Fatu. I've been a fan of wrestling long since I can remember and it is not very often you find the talent like Eddie had. Through his various incarnations to his most memorable, as Umaga, from purely a fan standpoint Eddie came across as having the ability to adapt to whatever was asked of him. When I heard the news that he had been hospitalized and was not doing well I went on YouTube on watched old clips of him, including some old "3 Minute Warning" clips. His agility of a man that size was second to none!

I live in Boise, Idaho, and several WWE events have come town and I remember Eddie being on one of the cards. To watch him perform live was even more enjoyable then on TV. The legendary Anoa'i Wrestling Family has gifted the wrestling world with many talents, and Eddie was definetely one of them!

I had the privalage to meet Eddie after one show along with several other memebers of the WWE roster. They came down to a nightclub I work at to hang out and have a good time. All of them, especially Eddie, were polite, friendly, and very approachable. To say hanging out with them that night was one of the most memorable nights of my life would be an understatement! There is one memory of Eddie from that night that I will never forget. We have a mechanical bull in the downstairs portion of our club and several of the Diva's thought it would be fun to go down and ride. So myself, the Diva's, and the rest of the Superstars in attendance that night headed downstairs. As a couple of the Diva's were the riding the bull, I turned around and saw Eddie sitting on a stool all by himself, as the rest of the Superstars were around the bull area cheering on the Diva's. I walked up to Eddie and asked him if there was anything I could get him. He politely said no, smiled, and thanked me for taking care of him and the rest of the Superstars and Diva's. Eddie, from the one time I was lucky enough to meet him, was a very polite, mild mannered human being and definetely one of the most memorable points of that night.

Through various news reports, including this website, his personal battles have been documented. I don't believe it is fair for any wrestling fan to specualte what lead to his untimely death but wait for official results. As wrestling fans this time should be for reflecting upon Eddie's wonderful talents and everything he gave to the wrestling business and the wonderful memories he created for countless wrestling fans including myself.

I don't claim to know Eddie personally, as stated I only met him once, but I'm saddened by this tragic news. My thoughts and prayers go out to Eddie's family, his friends, and all of the wrestlers that ever had the chance to work with him and call him a friend. The wrestling world has definetley lost a star and Eddie will long be rememberd by wrestling fans for years to come!
Reast In Peace Eddie!

airagee23
12-05-2009, 12:03 AM
Sad to hear. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

ROTFLMAO
12-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Well it's a good thing for the WWE from a PR stand point that he did not die while he was under contract with the company the main stream media would probably use it against Linda in her bid to become senator........

TPT
12-05-2009, 10:05 PM
damnit. my post on umaga is lost!

~gymdiva~
12-06-2009, 01:10 AM
wait, where'd it go? I just read it today....

ROTFLMAO
12-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Eddie "Umaga" Fatu Reportedly Headed Back to WWE Before His Death
By Marc Middleton
Dec 8, 2009 - 2:03:36 PM

- The Sun reports that the late Eddie "Umaga" Fatu was set to return to WWE by the end of the year of early 2010 had he passed a screening test. One source expected Umaga to return at the Royal Rumble.

Umaga had two strikes against him with WWE and was released this year after refusing to enter rehab. Had he returned to WWE, his previous two offenses would have remained.

F4Wonline.com also reports that Hulk Hogan wanted to bring Umaga to TNA following the Hulkamania tour last month. Apparently Umaga told people there was no way he was going to TNA and he was headed back to WWE

~gymdiva~
12-13-2009, 10:07 PM
by Nick Paglino
Dec 11, 2009

The UK Sun has posted an article noting that UK fans were appalled by the fact that WWE did not acknowledge the recent death of Eddie "Umaga" Fatu during Raw this week. Below are several fan complaints noted in the article, and a WWE spokesperson in The UK issued the following response: "We are not able to provide comment or clarification on this story."

"The very least they should have done was give a minute for Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler to announce the news and pass on the condolences of the WWE to Mr Fatu's family.

"And there should have been a video tribute about his two significant runs with the company, regardless of him not being under contract with them or any problems they may have had in the past.

"A completely disrespectful and classless act."

~gymdiva~
12-13-2009, 10:10 PM
by Nick Paglino
Dec 11, 2009
The Wrestling Observer has released a new report indicating that Eddie "Umaga" Fatu was noticeably in bad shape during the last few days of his life. Sources close to the situation noted that Umaga seemed completely out of it, and he was slurring his speech and reacting very slowly during conversations with others.

It's also being reported that Umaga had been telling friends that he expected to return to WWE, and that he had reached some sort of agreement with the company that would have seen him return either at or around the time of the Royal Rumble PPV. Apparently the deal was reached with WWE at the time that he committed to working the "Hulkamania" tour, and WWE was attempting to secure Umaga's deal in an effort to thwart Hogan's tour. Umaga of course worked the tour anyways, even though WWE was not happy about it.

Additionally, Hulk Hogan did make an attempt to bring Umaga into TNA, however he told Hogan that he has already committed to working with WWE, and that he felt a certain amount of loyalty to Triple H and Stephanie McMahon as they were the ones who pushed hard for him during his first run with the company.

TPT
12-14-2009, 09:34 AM
by Nick Paglino
Dec 11, 2009

The UK Sun has posted an article noting that UK fans were appalled by the fact that WWE did not acknowledge the recent death of Eddie "Umaga" Fatu during Raw this week. Below are several fan complaints noted in the article, and a WWE spokesperson in The UK issued the following response: "We are not able to provide comment or clarification on this story."

"The very least they should have done was give a minute for Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler to announce the news and pass on the condolences of the WWE to Mr Fatu's family.

"And there should have been a video tribute about his two significant runs with the company, regardless of him not being under contract with them or any problems they may have had in the past.

"A completely disrespectful and classless act."

total bullshit. utter disrespect to the industry, fatu and his whole family who have dedicated themselves to pro wrestling.

ROTFLMAO
12-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Information on Private & Public Viewings for Edward 'Umaga' Fatu
By Marc Middleton
Dec 9, 2009 - 12:11:24 AM

- A private viewing for Edward "Umaga" Fatu will take place on December 18th and a service open to the public will be held on December 19th in Las Vegas at the Davis Funeral Home on S. Eastern Avenue. The phone number for the funeral home is 702-736-6200.

Flowers and cards can be sent to the following address:

Davis Funeral Home
6200 South Eastern Avenue
Las Vegas, NV. 89119-3175

sam the man
12-18-2009, 04:06 AM
sorry to hear about eddie

~gymdiva~
03-03-2010, 02:30 AM
by Matt Boone
Mar 01, 2010
The following is from TMZ.com:

WWE Superstar Death -- Vicodin and Valium
Posted Mar 1st 2010 7:55AM by TMZ Staff

Former WWE Superstar Eddie Fatu aka Umaga -- who died in December -- was the victim of a bad combination of drugs, according to the Harris County Medical Examiner in Texas.

Dan Morgan, the supervisory forensic investigator for Harris County, blamed "acute toxicity" -- claiming the combined effects of hydrocodone (aka Vicodin), carisoprodol (muscle relaxer), and diazepam (aka Valium) were responsible for the wrestler's death.

The death was ruled "accidental" -- Fatu was 36.

According to the WWE, Fatu was released from his wrestling contract on June 11 for violating the WWE Wellness Program and for refusing to go to rehab.

source: wrestlezone.com

swoleoneday
03-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Actually that is probably a good thing for the WWE in a weird twisted way. They caught him, told him to go to treatment, and he refused, so was released from his contract.

You can't force them to get clean.

Sandpig
03-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Another prescription drug death.

Glad they didn't find any AAS.