PDA

View Full Version : Dark Under Eye Circles

apex23
12-05-2009, 08:44 PM
I was wondering what you ladies recommend for dark under eye circles? I get plenty of rest and my allergies are under control.

Thanks for any help!!

freebirdmac
12-05-2009, 09:12 PM
I've been using Roc eye correxion and it's helped some. During the day I still have to mix a good eye cream with a good concealer. Sure would like something even better. Should have asked the dermatologist a couple of months ago but I was too intrigued by the Restylane poster and had to ask a bunch of questions :)

tight booty
12-06-2009, 07:47 AM
http://www.janmarini.com/FactorAEyesForDarkCircles.html

I only use Jan Marini skincare products. They are the best and really work! :) I have 3 eyecreams which I change around.

Tatyana
12-06-2009, 08:25 AM
I think it is genetic.

kimm4
12-16-2009, 10:53 PM
cold tea bags
ice cubes
cucumber slices
vitamin k
vitamin b12

PJ BRAUN
12-17-2009, 02:17 PM
I think it is genetic.
It is....Cant believe Im posting on this...
I spoke to a dermatologist about it because my brother and sisters and I all have bad dark circles. There are creams that help a little but not much you can do.

Wendy
12-20-2009, 07:26 AM
I think it is genetic.

Unfortunately it is genetic. I've tried everything - creams, gels, concealers etc. They all work a bit but nothing takes it away completely. Nothing worse then getting a good 8hrs sleep and you feel great and the first thing you hear at work is "You look so tired":mad:

Having a little tan on your face helps to conceal them a bit so I always use a self tanner to give myself a bit of a glow.

shana
12-20-2009, 08:12 AM
hylexin !!and caviar eye cream work great. there are now also these new roll ons you can by at cvs that have ingredients that help a little.

amy13
03-24-2010, 04:44 PM
my derm said there are two types... or both.
1. pigmentation of the skin discoloration - skin is actually a darker color.
2. bone structure - loss of fat - a "hollow" under the eye

I have a little of #1 and #2.
the #2 can be fixed by injectable restalyne - fills in and eliminates the shadow cast by bone structure.

creams will only address the coloration issue of #1.

tammyp
03-24-2010, 04:49 PM
when i have radisse done when i get all sucked in for a show my dr fills me slightly in the upper cheeks. keeps me healthy looking!

sassy69
03-24-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm not sure they fill in that close to the eyes w/ Restalyne. But they will plump other parts of your face to offset some of that look. You can always go in for a consult & find out more.

I just think because the skin is so thin there / little fat, and that its so close to your eye socket that they are very careful w/ anything around there.

amy13
03-24-2010, 05:30 PM
yes - they actually do it under the eye all the time - with the fillers.
It will last about 4 - 6 months :)

InHonorInMind
06-04-2010, 11:33 AM
I sometimes have this problem, not 'extremely' dark, but enough...I use Almay concealer that is in a tube...looks like a lipstick...anyways....Get a color that is a lot lighter than your skin tone....and put it just under your eyes...then blend it in with your foundation. This helps me a lot and also the concealer is THICK so it'll last all day and through a workout. I also heard that hemorrhoid cream helps...put it on at night.....seriously. I haven't tried it but a lot of my friends have and said it really helps them out.

Candice Keene
01-19-2011, 02:46 AM
I have them bad..sux! But yea, genetic it is. My mom has it too. But I seem to cover it up pretty well bc when I tell people of "my boxing wounds" (lol) they dont even notice. I use Rimmel Soft Honey concealer stick. I put a generous amt and w/ a sponge, dab it not rub it in. Then powder and good to go!:)..Creams never work for me..ugg

LookImDancinCrazy!
01-28-2011, 12:27 PM
It is....Cant believe Im posting on this...
I spoke to a dermatologist about it because my brother and sisters and I all have bad dark circles. There are creams that help a little but not much you can do.

It depends on how deep your pockets are but there is actually something tha can be done that works very well.

the hereditary kind is caused by broken capillaries and can get pretty damn dark. There is an outpatient procedure cosmetic surgeons can do that works extremely well. IIRC the weak laser light cauterizes the broken vessels and stops the bleeding into the surrounding tissue

GirlyMuscle
01-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Mac has a concealer creme that works wonders.

Charles55
03-16-2011, 01:34 AM
If you are suffering from dark circles under your eyes then it can easily be sorted out and you may use cucumber and put two pieces of cucumber at your eyes and take rest and don't move till 15 minutes. Your eyes will get fresh hopefully.

prettyadrienne
03-17-2011, 10:07 AM
hylexin is a good one.. How can you say that it is genetic? It's genetic in my case since I do have an allergic rhinitis. So what I do is treat my rhinitis which helps me lessen the darkening of my under eyes. Thermage treatment is also good. It is a non-surgical facelift which visibly reduces dark under eye circles.

-------------------------------------------------------
I am falling even more in love with you..
Personal Trainer Dallas (http://www.getfitsandiego.com/dallas-personal-trainer.html)

pillowtalk
03-19-2011, 11:59 PM
I've been using Roc eye correxion and it's helped some. During the day I still have to mix a good eye cream with a good concealer. Sure would like something even better. Should have asked the dermatologist a couple of months ago but I was too intrigued by the Restylane poster and had to ask a bunch of questions :)

I have just discovered this product and have been using for only about a week now. My sister highly recommended it for those of us who don't want to spend a fortune on the high end stuff. I will let ya know how it goes.