PDA

View Full Version : GirlyMuscle's Hangout

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12

BEAST MODE
12-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Hell yeah! I love PB on my pancakes!!!

Sunnyday
12-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Yep, I like it so much better on oat pancakes than bread!

BEAST MODE
12-30-2010, 03:25 PM
I just like peanut butter and I like pancakes, so together they are heavenly.

They make a mandle (candle for men) that is peanut butter scented. I want one.

Gerb
12-30-2010, 03:26 PM

chocolate chip pancakes with peanut butter is the best.

BEAST MODE
12-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Yep! Those are awesome!

Sunnyday
12-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Oh wow, I forgot about adding choc chips! Next batch for sure!

Tu Holmes
12-30-2010, 03:42 PM

Just because you put an "M" in place of a first letter does not make it manly.

;)

BEAST MODE
12-30-2010, 03:43 PM
LOL...what if it smells like camp fire or burrito farts?

GirlyMuscle
12-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Who would want to smell burrito farts?

Sunnyday
12-30-2010, 05:44 PM

x2!

GirlyMuscle
12-30-2010, 10:27 PM
Guess I'm going to have to change my thread title tomorrow at midnight.

Welp....had a good workout tonight. Even did 30 min of cardio...yikes! It went by fast and easy though since I have a new workout partner. We just yacked the entire time. A couple of times I had to slow down cause my heart rate went over 130. She laughs at me as she pumps it up to 150+.

We trained legs. I didn't go all out. Honestly, I just don't have it in me at the end of the day to pump out 800 pound leg presses and 200 pound extensions. So I upped the reps to 15 for most everything. My legs are hyooge enough. I need my upper body to catch up.

Leg press
2x15@270
1x15@360
1x15@450
1x15@530
1x15@620

Leg Extensions
1x15@120
1x15@150
1x12@180

SLDL
1x15@95
1x15@135
1x12@155

Hammer Strength leg curl
1x15@45
1x15@55
1x15@65

Donkey raises
3x15@200

30 min cardio on the arc trainer

Missed 3 meals today. Bad girl. I was feeling a bit nauseous and every time I thought about eating I wanted to throw up. I realized later that it was probably because I was tired and popped an ephedra. Haven't taken ANYTHING since my show so I'm probably more sensitive to it now. Now I'm off to bed since I have to get up in 6 hours and work from 6am until 10pm. yay me.

GirlyMuscle
12-31-2010, 06:31 AM
Here I am! yay.

So my regular gym is closed tomorrow and they're only open 10-2 on Sunday. WTF??? I wasn't aware of Jan 2nd being a holiday. Planet Fitness is open regular hours Jan 1 and 2. So I guess I'm heading to PF on Saturday...of course all I can do here is cardio. My new iPod is all loaded up and I can't wait to hear what's on it. My BFF put 1300 songs on it, just in time for contest prep. I'm actually going to do some cardio between jobs today so I can listen to it. Might as well...I have a 2 hr break and that's not worth driving home for.

BEAST MODE
12-31-2010, 06:34 AM
Open 10-2? What's the point in that? Might as well stay closed.

GirlyMuscle
12-31-2010, 07:11 AM
They did that last Sunday too...day after Xmas. One of the girls said it was so packed it was hard to get on the equipment she needed which is really saying something. My gum has TONS of equipment.

I'm gonna have to take pics of it and post.

tammyp
01-01-2011, 06:37 AM
why cant you weight train at PF?

GirlyMuscle
01-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Silly girl. :) Dumbbells go to 60. No Olympic bars or curl bars. No squat rack. No bench.

It's easier to tell you what they do have than what they don't. Dumbbells from 3-60. Three smith racks, one leg press that doesn't hold more than 6 plates per side. Three cable stations. 86 pieces of cardio equipment. 50 pieces of stack weight training equipment. That's it.

I could workout there in a pinch but I really prefer not to. It also depends what body part I'm going to train. My training partner and I decided on chest and tris tomorrow. Of course, that means my workout is going to be completely different exercises than the one I'm doing right now but I have to train tomorrow. Prep starts. So I'll have to make due.

I'm going back to bed. I only slept 5 hours but the dog had to go out.

Sandpig
01-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Wow, I wonder if our PF is like that^^.
Because of my current financial situation, I thought about switching from Gold's to PF to save money.
But so far, I haven't worked up the balls to even check the place out.

Sunnyday
01-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Silly girl. :) Dumbbells go to 60. No Olympic bars or curl bars. No squat rack. No bench.

It's easier to tell you what they do have than what they don't. Dumbbells from 3-60. Three smith racks, one leg press that doesn't hold more than 6 plates per side. Three cable stations. 86 pieces of cardio equipment. 50 pieces of stack weight training equipment. That's it.

I could workout there in a pinch but I really prefer not to. It also depends what body part I'm going to train. My training partner and I decided on chest and tris tomorrow. Of course, that means my workout is going to be completely different exercises than the one I'm doing right now but I have to train tomorrow. Prep starts. So I'll have to make due.

I'm going back to bed. I only slept 5 hours but the dog had to go out.

Whoa! Even my local YMCA has more than that and I thought they were limited!

Curt James
01-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Leg press
2x15@270
1x15@360
1x15@450
1x15@530
1x15@620

Leg Extensions
1x15@120
1x15@150
1x12@180

SLDL
1x15@95
1x15@135
1x12@155

Hammer Strength leg curl
1x15@45
1x15@55
1x15@65

Donkey raises
3x15@200

:bowdown: Solid work!

Happy New Year!!! :flowers:

GirlyMuscle
01-01-2011, 12:12 PM
That's why I defend Planet Fitness. It's not meant to be a place for bbers. It's a fitness center for regular people who want to lose a little weight and get healthy. It's not meant for our kind of training.

Sandpig, some PF's have more than mine. I believe Curt James' PF has a lot more but they were a Golds or Powerhouse or something before. Mine was built from the ground up as a new gym.

Happy New Year everyone!

Sandpig
01-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Sandpig, some PF's have more than mine. I believe Curt James' PF has a lot more but they were a Golds or Powerhouse or something before. Mine was built from the ground up as a new gym.

Ground up. It used to be a furniture warehouse.

GirlyMuscle
01-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Go in for a tour. It's absolutely no pressure sales because no one gets commission. They even keep that low key. In fact, they'll tour you but they will know by your build you won't be joining. Come back and tell us what you see. :)

GirlyMuscle
01-01-2011, 01:00 PM
When I tour a bber I don't discourage them because PF doesn't want them. I personally discourage them because I KNOW they won't be happy there. So I point out to them things like we have no olympic bars, bench press racks, squat racks. That gets the point across. I'd hate for them to sign up and later figure out we don't have what they need and get pissed off.

Curt James
01-01-2011, 01:28 PM
That's why I defend Planet Fitness. It's not meant to be a place for bbers. It's a fitness center for regular people who want to lose a little weight and get healthy. It's not meant for our kind of training.

Happy New Year everyone!

Was a World Gym prior to the switch over. Slowly they've been moving equipment out, unfortunately but it still has a regular leg press that you can load to the hilt, three Olympic bench stations where I've seen people load up the bars, deadlifting allowed, dumbbells only to 70# I believe, but someone could definitely get a "hardcore" workout in there, imo.

I pay $99 per year which works out to just $8.25 per month! Have a Gold's membership for $20 per month but even they were running a special for new members at $10 per month (for the first 200 new members according to the ad).

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_1nLdNGnrAes/TR9t0fkCZyI/AAAAAAAACB0/4od1xrEp94M/happy_new_year_2011_05.gif

tammyp
01-01-2011, 02:36 PM
i knew they were anti bbing but having no weights..wow....kinda an oxy moron...

GirlyMuscle
01-01-2011, 11:57 PM
They have enough for every day people to get fit. That's all they need.

partsRheavy
01-02-2011, 01:27 AM
I took a tour a couple of months ago. It was absolutely no pressure, and they're running a regular $10/month-to-month special. The girl made it clear that it's a beginners' gym. She said "we don't really cater to bodybuilders."

This location also offered tanning, which was included in something called "black card" where you join for a year.

I actually don't remember if I saw Olympic bars in there or not. There weren't any squat racks or heavy dumbbells. It was midday - not very crowded at the time.

I was just curious what would happen on a tour!

Decor is sort of "interesting" - that dark purple and black scheme....

Sandpig
01-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Go in for a tour. It's absolutely no pressure sales because no one gets commission. They even keep that low key. In fact, they'll tour you but they will know by your build you won't be joining. Come back and tell us what you see. :)

Will do one day this week.
Should be fun cause without a shirt on you can tell I'm a muscle head. But with loose fitting clothes on, I don't look anything more than a guy that's in shape.

GirlyMuscle
01-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Planet Fitness' colors are yellow and purple. It's gross.

Here's the schpeal....

Let me tell you a little bit about Planet Fitness. We call ourselves the judgment free zone. Because most of our members have never worked out in a gym before we try to create an atmosphere where they feel comfortable and not intimidated. We are a general fitness gym. So for that reason we do not cater to bodybuilders or power lifters. (side note...we would never deny a bber or pler a membership but we do want to make them aware of what kind of gym we are) Almost every time I say that line ..."for that reason we don't cater to bbers or plers"...people either sigh with relief or they'll actually say, "good."

It's the general perception of every day people who don't work out. We scare them. They think gyms are filled with these super fit people and they feel out of place. That's why most people don't continue or even step foot in a gym. Face it, we're different. Not in the way they see us..not like we're mean meathead people but we ARE different. We have a different drive, a different heart, different goals. So we should be in our own gyms. This is their beginner gym. The advertising about lunks and such just helps reassure the regular people that this is their gym. In fact, all our new signage says just that.

"Do you consider "steriods" breakfast? If so, this ain't your gym."

"If you have to look at your abs to count to six...This ain't your gym."

"If you can't read a telephone book, but you can tear one in half..this ain't your gym."

Is it judgmental, condescending and playing into a stereotype? Sure it is. But I know I'm different. And honestly, I like that I am. So they can make fun of me all they want. It makes me laugh. I did just that..laughed like hell when I saw the new signs. In fact, I asked if I could HAVE them after the membership drive is over. PF isn't my gym. I couldn't work out there. Let the regular people have their gym.

GirlyMuscle
01-02-2011, 11:54 AM
So....contest prep has started. I'm rested and ready to go. I'm taking a new approach this season. I am completely trusting my coach and will do whatever he says 100%. I am not going to doubt either him or myself. I've proven to myself twice now that I can do this. Now I want to do it better. I think by letting go and trusting my coach and the process I will have a better time mentally.

I'm also going to work on my mental health through this. Daily affirmations, positive thoughts, staying focused on the goal and enjoying the journey. It's going to be different this time because I'm going to make it different.

I'm not sure how much I'm going to log about it. In order to keep my focus I'm not going to be online as much. I work 2 jobs and will be in the gym at least twice a day. Being single I need to do everything myself...shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. I'm also going to be going to school for 5 weeks. All of that has to take priority over the internet so while I love you guys, I need to do this. I might be here every day but I won't be spending hours online.

So fasted cardio and meal 1 are done. Today is chest and triceps and more cardio. Cardio is just 30min 2x a day. I'm hoping that the diet (followed 100%) will take most of the fat off. I'd like to keep cardio under 2 hours a day if we can help it but whatever coach says, goes.

Last year I hit the stage at 142. My 1 week out weight was 150. The day after Christmas I weighed 169. That was too much for my brain to I started cleaning up my diet right away. Not contest prep but cleaned up. I weighed 161 yesterday and 163 today (I had the traditional PA Duetsch meal of pork and sauerkraut so I know I'm holding water from all that sodium). I probably won't post pics for a couple of weeks. let me get some of this bloat and fat off and I will.

Off to shop, prep food and do laundry. See y'all later! ;HMN;

freebirdmac
01-02-2011, 12:29 PM
So you're only up around 13 pounds from your last 1 week out weight. That's awesome! It should make prep and your final conditioning much better this go around. Good luck!

GirlyMuscle
01-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Uber ripped is the goal. I'm not going to worry about or predict my contest weight. It'll be whatever it is!

Waiting around for my next meal which is in 15 minutes and then I'm heading out the grocery. :)

Sunnyday
01-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Wow, I'm impressed! So much so in fact that I'm motivated to follow suit:

1. Follow my diet 100% (I don't have a coach so that's as close as I can get)
2. Focus on positive thoughts and improving mental health

Pullin' for ya, GM! Here's to a great (and greatly productive) 2011!

Gerb
01-02-2011, 04:59 PM
So....contest prep has started. I'm rested and ready to go. I'm taking a new approach this season. I am completely trusting my coach and will do whatever he says 100%.

you got some explaining to do missy!:no::p

GirlyMuscle
01-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Past is the past, Coach.

What I meant was last year I was questioning the diet, etc. I found that when I just let go at 3 weeks out and blindly followed without question, I had a better experience.

So...whatever you say, Coach, no questions. :D

GirlyMuscle
01-03-2011, 07:13 AM
I came in to work this morning at 4:30am to get my fasted cardio done before clocking in. There's a huge banner outside that says..."Have to use your abs to count to six? This ain't your gym." I laughed like hell. Everyone I've trained when asked what their goals are, say "to get rid of my belly." But hey, if that happens and you have visible abs...this ain't your gym. So to keep that from happening, we'll feed you free pizza, bagels and tootsie rolls. :lmao:

BEAST MODE
01-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Yep! That's their motto! Every one of those signs you tell me about just makes me despise that place more and more.

partsRheavy
01-03-2011, 09:31 PM
That last post was hilarious!!! I'd love to hear some stories about how you train newbies!

Have you had any folks at the Planet stick with it for a year or more?

Hammerfit
01-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Guess I'm going to have to change my thread title tomorrow at midnight.

Welp....had a good workout tonight. Even did 30 min of cardio...yikes! It went by fast and easy though since I have a new workout partner. We just yacked the entire time. A couple of times I had to slow down cause my heart rate went over 130. She laughs at me as she pumps it up to 150+.

We trained legs. I didn't go all out. Honestly, I just don't have it in me at the end of the day to pump out 800 pound leg presses and 200 pound extensions. So I upped the reps to 15 for most everything. My legs are hyooge enough. I need my upper body to catch up.

Leg press
2x15@270
1x15@360
1x15@450
1x15@530
1x15@620

Leg Extensions
1x15@120
1x15@150
1x12@180

SLDL
1x15@95
1x15@135
1x12@155

Hammer Strength leg curl
1x15@45
1x15@55
1x15@65

Donkey raises
3x15@200

Missed 3 meals today. Bad girl. I was feeling a bit nauseous and every time I thought about eating I wanted to throw up. I realized later that it was probably because I was tired and popped an ephedra. Haven't taken ANYTHING since my show so I'm probably more sensitive to it now. Now I'm off to bed since I have to get up in 6 hours and work from 6am until 10pm. yay me.

That's an impressive leg day!

GirlyMuscle
01-04-2011, 06:27 AM
That last post was hilarious!!! I'd love to hear some stories about how you train newbies!

Have you had any folks at the Planet stick with it for a year or more?

Actually, I've only been here since April. 90% of the people do not. I don't care if they door not. My job isn't really to train them. I teach people how to use equipment....how to understand the computers on cardio, get their heart rate, what HR zone they should train in and how to use basic stack weight machines. Once I give them that info it's up to them what they do with it.

My Favorite client has become my training partner. I'll tell y'all about her soon. She's the only woman (in my town) I've ever met who has the heart of a bodybuilder. She's fallen in love with weight training. She never stands me up, does everything I ask of her and in the process has become a good friend.

That's an impressive leg day!

Thanks. :) For me that was really a slacker day but I haven't trained legs in months plus they're already bigger than my upper body so I'm not looking to grow my 26 inch thighs any bigger. After all, I'm only 5'1" ;)

tammyp
01-04-2011, 08:45 AM
isnt the way they treat people discrimination? if a bbing gym banned fat people it would be all over the news?

BEAST MODE
01-04-2011, 09:50 AM
I said the same thing to Erin last week, Tammy! It is discrimination in my opinion and I totally agree w/ you!

GirlyMuscle
01-04-2011, 08:01 PM
You guys take it too seriously.

Leg day today and I really wasn't into it. Why is that's when I have pretty good workouts?

30 min fasted cardio.

Food perfect.

Legs

Power Squat
2x15@90
1x15@180
2x15@270

Leg Extentions
1x15@90
1x15@120
1x12@150
1x8@180
Drop set 120-90-60-30...10reps-8-10-15 F*cking OUCH!

Hammer Strength Leg Curls
1x15@45
1x15@57 1/2 <---I was being a smart ass by putting that 2 1/2 plate on. I saw a guy at PF leg pressing with ONLY a 2 1/2 lb plate on each side and made the comment to Sandra, my training partner, why bother with a 2 1/2 lb plate when you're training legs? Your legs won't even notice that weight.
1x12@70
1x8@80

Calves on leg press (stack)
1x15@115
1x15@155
1x15@175
1x13@215

Nautilus Lower Abs
[email protected]

Torso Rotation
3x15@10

30 min of the hardest arc trainer I ever did and I was only on a level 5.

I won't be walking for the next 2 days. Feels good. I feel good.

GirlyMuscle
01-04-2011, 08:01 PM
You guys take it too seriously.

Leg day today and I really wasn't into it. Why is that's when I have pretty good workouts?

30 min fasted cardio.

Food perfect.

Legs

Power Squat
2x15@90
1x15@180
2x15@270

Leg Extentions
1x15@90
1x15@120
1x12@150
1x8@180
Drop set 120-90-60-30...10reps-8-10-15 F*cking OUCH!

Hammer Strength Leg Curls
1x15@45
1x15@57 1/2 <---I was being a smart ass by putting that 2 1/2 plate on. I saw a guy at PF leg pressing with ONLY a 2 1/2 lb plate on each side and made the comment to Sandra, my training partner, why bother with a 2 1/2 lb plate when you're training legs? Your legs won't even notice that weight.
1x12@70
1x8@80

Calves on leg press (stack)
1x15@115
1x15@155
1x15@175
1x13@215

Nautilus Lower Abs
[email protected]

Torso Rotation
3x15@10

30 min of the hardest arc trainer I ever did and I was only on a level 5.

I won't be walking for the next 2 days. Feels good. I feel good.

AVBG
01-04-2011, 08:28 PM

Sledge

AVBG
01-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Fwiw, I think with Steve you'll get to your goals

GirlyMuscle
01-04-2011, 08:32 PM
I know he will. :)

Sledge
01-04-2011, 08:49 PM
If you end up with a veiny 6 pac will PF fire your tiny arse?

Sunnyday
01-04-2011, 09:54 PM
LOL! The irony!! I'd love to see a pic of the veiny abs body holding the anti-6-pack sign!

GirlyMuscle
01-04-2011, 10:02 PM
LOL! The irony!! I'd love to see a pic of the veiny abs body holding the anti-6-pack sign!

That idea was already on my mind. I already asked for all the anti-bber signs. i want to hang them in my room.

GirlyMuscle
01-04-2011, 10:17 PM
If you end up with a veiny 6 pac will PF fire your tiny arse?

I'll be gone before then. I got a lead on a better paying job. Nothing special but a lot more money. Might be 4-6 weeks until I know but I won't have a veiny ass before then.

Sunnyday
01-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Yeah, I think those signs would be great to have during your contest prep.

Hope the higher-paying job comes through for you!

GirlyMuscle
01-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Thanks, Sunny!

Rich asked me the other day if I had a favorite meal. I do. It's meal 1...egg/egg whites and oatmeal with a banana mashed up in it. I'll be very sad the day that meal changes.

I was going to take the day off lifting but decided to make it tomorrow. Without going into the details it'll allow me to get a good night's rest both nights. So tonight will be delts and tomorrow and friday will be the days off from the gym (always doing cardio though). Cardio is tolerable at this point thanks to Humapro. No blood sugar drops in the am when doing fasted. Today was hard to get into the flow...it was difficult to get into a rhythm but halfway through it clicked.

I think I might try rock climbing this weekend with Sandra, my training partner. She loves that shit and I'm game for something new.

BEAST MODE
01-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Speaking of favorite meals, today I'm trying my sweet potato the way Steve suggested...nuke it, cut long ways, sprinkle cinnamon, and close. He said it tastes like pie that way.

GirlyMuscle
01-05-2011, 11:23 AM
So funny what your mind will tell you while dieting. LOL

I don't get swt ataters. :(

BEAST MODE
01-05-2011, 11:28 AM
It's a flip of the switch and a whole new mindset for me. I don't really have to think about it anymore. I was prepping myself for the change mentally the last few weeks of the bulk, so when I woke up last Sunday morning to start prep, I just started doing what I was told.

GirlyMuscle
01-05-2011, 11:39 AM
It took me a long time to flip the switch last prep but I remember when I did it got so much easier. I've kept that feeling in mind and made it happen from day one this time. I've done absolutely everything 100% so far and I plan on continuing that.

BEAST MODE
01-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Same here...I was exhausted this morning, but I had no problem getting out of bed and starting cardio. Keeping the switch flipped on means there will be no reason for us not to give it 100% every day. Luckily we both have good support. The friends I have who do support me could not be a better group.

GirlyMuscle
01-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Holy shyt! How did it get to be so late! I gotta leave for work in 15 minutes! Yikes!

Bryan Hildebrand
01-05-2011, 02:28 PM
nose to the grind stone GM. training for training sake will get you far...

Sunnyday
01-05-2011, 02:34 PM
^^This!

Keep it up, GM. I'm followin' along right there with ya. Since Monday I have gotten in all meals, supps, water, weights, and cardio. I figure every little bit helps to motivate a competitor such as yourself (and it don't hurt my own physique either).

GirlyMuscle
01-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Well, coach says 2 days off a week. So that'll be Thur and Fri. Cardio 6 days a week.

BEAST MODE
01-05-2011, 03:13 PM
6 days a week? Nonsense!!! You're lucky...I do 2 a days every day.

Sledge
01-05-2011, 07:48 PM
have you seen these vids Miss G Muscle
Bodybuilding and Training Journey Video Series - RX Muscle Forums

I can't see them at the moment but skip is a Max OT dude so they might be interesting. let me know what you think.

GirlyMuscle
01-05-2011, 10:18 PM
I didn't watch them. Probably because I watched one of his dvds at Geo's place and found it incredibly boring.

Sledge
01-05-2011, 11:20 PM
yeah. I can't see them here and have no net at home till the genset is fixed. So I thought they might be interesting if you're doing Max OT stuff.

GirlyMuscle
01-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Well, I'm not doing any particular program. Coach wants me lifting 5 days a week, 6 days of double cardio at 30 mins. I decided on a split like this..

chest/tris
back/bis
legs
delts

with abs 2x a week. No actually plan. Just warm up, acclimate and working sets. Depends what it is an how I feel that day. Other than that I have no real direction on the lifting.

Sledge
01-06-2011, 12:47 AM
Guess their is no point concentrating on building delts/bis when your cutting again already. So it's just maintenance again

Sandpig
01-06-2011, 07:45 AM
So I finally went in for a tour of our new PF.
First thing I noticed is that the cardio section is WAY bigger than the weight section.
DB's only go up to 60. I really don't consider myself to be strong, but that is not enough.
The fact that everything in the place was purple and yellow really hurt my eyes.
And I did see the lunk alarm.

Now here's the real kicker. When you add in the yearly fee that they charge you, it actually cost more than my Gold's membership.
And the girl that gave me my tour was actually pretty buff and loaded with tats.

I told her NO Thanks. :byeb:

GirlyMuscle
01-06-2011, 08:31 AM
I would expect that. IF you could get a good workout at PF you's have to hand in your bodybuilder card. I'd call you a pussy. :-) That's why it's for beginners and people just wanting to get a little healthy/drop a few pounds. Also, why i don';t see the big deal that lifters are so pissed off about the limited equipment. It's a fitness center...not a lifters gym. It doesn't pretend to be.

So..anyone wanna go tour Curves and bitch about their lack of equipment? Or the fact that they discriminate against men?

GirlyMuscle
01-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Guess their is no point concentrating on building delts/bis when your cutting again already. So it's just maintenance again

Well, show's in May and I have to get started. So it's either diet or not compete. I'm actually thinking I might not compete after this season. Not really concerned about building bigger anything. I'm not really caring anymore. I just want to be not fat after this season. Time to move on to something else. I'm tired of my life revolving around one thing.

Fwiw, I'm not depressed or negative. I've been thinking this for awhile. I'm actually doing really well, feeling good. I just think it's time to add other things into my life.

axioma
01-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Makes total sense...unless you are focusing on bbing as a career, it is natural, as a human being, to see what else is out there to engage your interest.
As much as love bbing, I am finding it hard to put off other things that are calling me...I am soon to be 46...Z and I really want to move to Roatan, get involved with the local community and walk the beach...

GirlyMuscle
01-06-2011, 09:49 AM
I'm 46. So it must be my age. I'm questioning what I want out of life. Call it a mid-life crisis but I want more and other things. I feel so stagnant lately.

My goal with competing has always been to make it to the national level and look like I belong there. I'm making that happen this year. Now I'm asking myself, once I do that, what's next?

I guess I need to make a Bucket List.

BEAST MODE
01-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Go skydiving!!!

GirlyMuscle
01-06-2011, 09:57 AM
No fucking way! I'm too afraid of DEATH.

BEAST MODE
01-06-2011, 09:59 AM
I'm gonna go one day. Maybe for my bday this year...I've always wanted to do that.

GirlyMuscle
01-06-2011, 10:01 AM
I read somewhere that people whoa re afraid of death aren't living a full life. Makes sense kinda. Ten again if I have a full life I wouldn't want to leave it!

When's your b-day? Maybe you should do it the day after your show so I can video it.

BEAST MODE
01-06-2011, 10:04 AM
My bday isn't until July. So wait...are you coming down for my show in April???

GirlyMuscle
01-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Absolutely. The only way I'm missing it is if I get a new job and I just can't make it happen.

BEAST MODE
01-06-2011, 10:07 AM
That is so cool! I didn't know you were planning on coming down! :)

GirlyMuscle
01-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Silly boy. I told you that before we started prep. Your brain must have been too full of holiday food. I'll probably drive out, that way I have a car while I'm there.

I am applying for a new job and if that comes through then I won't be able to..I don't think. I'll have to have Friday off to get there. But if I'm in the same situation I am now I'm just requesting off.

BEAST MODE
01-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Well good luck w/ the new job hunt! If you can't make it because of work, I totally understand! That's why I won't be able to make it to yours. :(

GirlyMuscle
01-06-2011, 10:20 AM
No worries. I picked the show I did so that my family and hometown friends could see me compete once before I hang it up. They still haven't set the date so who knows. I did start looking for alternatives around the same time. So we'll see.

BEAST MODE
01-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Maybe they will have it on Memorial Day weekend! Then I could probably come up!

GirlyMuscle
01-06-2011, 10:29 AM
That would be cool but don't sweat it. :)

BEAST MODE
01-06-2011, 10:34 AM
If I don't make it, how far are you from NJ? I'm coming up in July for Team U.

GirlyMuscle
01-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Not far at all. About an hour maybe a little more. If you're going to be there I'll plans to go. :)

BEAST MODE
01-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Righteous! I believe my bff Ashley is doing figure, and Steph is planning on doing bikini at that one. Gotta go support the dudesis's!

GirlyMuscle
01-07-2011, 06:32 AM
Ugh. It's snowing. I hate the north this time of year. Forecasters say less than an inch and stopping before 6am..yeah right. It's snowing so hard the visibility is very poor and there's already an inch. Just enough to make it slick if you don't have 4 wheel drive, which I do not.

So on to training....Steve gave me double cardio (30 min each) 6 days a week. I've done every day since I started. Last night I decided to use my no cardio card so I could visit a friend in the hospital and get to bed at a decent hour. I used the other no cardio card to sleep in a bit this morning. I have 3 more sessions before weigh in. No problem.

Delt training later today, second job after that. Gonna be a full day. :)

Ibarramedia
01-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Ugh. It's snowing. I hate the north this time of year. Forecasters say less than an inch and stopping before 6am..yeah right. It's snowing so hard the visibility is very poor and there's already an inch. Just enough to make it slick if you don't have 4 wheel drive, which I do not.

So on to training....Steve gave me double cardio (30 min each) 6 days a week. I've done every day since I started. Last night I decided to use my no cardio card so I could visit a friend in the hospital and get to bed at a decent hour. I used the other no cardio card to sleep in a bit this morning. I have 3 more sessions before weigh in. No problem.

Ours is just a sprinkle. Nothing like last year's snowmageddon and snowpocalypse.

GirlyMuscle
01-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Reps on "snowmageddon and snowpocalypse." when I can. LOL

My spell check says snowmageddon is a word but snowpocalypse is not. heehee

What state are you in Ibarra?

FitnBuf
01-07-2011, 12:07 PM

Its crazy GM....I would think it would be snowing like that in Denver but it is sunny like fall here....ODD.....hope your friend is doing ok.

:)

Ibarramedia
01-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Reps on "snowmageddon and snowpocalypse." when I can. LOL

My spell check says snowmageddon is a word but snowpocalypse is not. heehee

What state are you in Ibarra?

I live in Maryland and sometimes in Virginia. DC area. About 3 hours down south from you more or less.

GirlyMuscle
01-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Week one of prep went very well. I feel good and have lots of food. I like dieting with carbs. Dropped 3.2 pounds. Keep in mind I dropped 6 pounds of water in the 5 days previous just from cleaning up my diet so I feel the 3.2 was (hopefully) mostly fat loss. Didn't miss a workout or cardio.

Calling for 10-12 inches of snow on Tuesday. Did I ever mention how much I hate cold winters and snow?

freebirdmac
01-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Wow! 3.2 pounds of fat would be awesome! I have a feeling this is going to be really, really good :)

GirlyMuscle
01-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Food's all prepped and packed for tomorrow. Waiting for a load of laundry before I can go to bed so I might as well post up today's workout. Strength is coming back a little. Still no where near what it was last off season when I was in Australia. It's a blow to the ego but it is what it is.

30 min fasted cardio (arc trainer)

Overhead machine presses
2x15@30
1x12@50
1x12@70
1x10@90
1x8@110
1x5@ 130

Incline DB Press
1x15@30
1x10@40
1x10@50
1x10@55
1x8@60

Pec Dec
1x15@50
1x12@79
1x10@90
1x8@100
1x5@110

Cable Crossovers
1x15@30
2x10@40

V-Bar cable tri pushdowns
1x15@90
1x12@100
1x10@110
1x10@120

Tri pushdowns w/ rope ss w/kickouts
12@60 and 12@60 x3 sets

30 min arc trainer cardio pwo

Gerb
01-10-2011, 12:49 AM
Week one of prep went very well. I feel good and have lots of food. I like dieting with carbs. Dropped 3.2 pounds. Keep in mind I dropped 6 pounds of water in the 5 days previous just from cleaning up my diet so I feel the 3.2 was (hopefully) mostly fat loss. Didn't miss a workout or cardio.

Calling for 10-12 inches of snow on Tuesday. Did I ever mention how much I hate cold winters and snow?

Food's all prepped and packed for tomorrow. Waiting for a load of laundry before I can go to bed so I might as well post up today's workout. Strength is coming back a little. Still no where near what it was last off season when I was in Australia. It's a blow to the ego but it is what it is.

Champions do!

GirlyMuscle
01-10-2011, 04:29 AM
Doing!

BEAST MODE
01-10-2011, 05:16 AM
Good morning prep buddy!!!

GirlyMuscle
01-10-2011, 06:03 AM
Good morning, prep dude buddy!

Am cardio done. I had 20 minutes to eat and shower after cardio, hence the wet head. Right now I'm standing here with a wet head at PF waiting for a 6am client who probably won't show up. No one ever shows up for the 6am class. If she doesn't then I can dry my hair on the clock. LOL

GirlyMuscle
01-10-2011, 07:16 AM
Well, she didn't show. Got to dry my hair and put on a little makeup. 13minutes til meal 2. :D

GirlyMuscle
01-10-2011, 07:36 AM
So let me tell ya about my new training partner.

I started training "S" back in July. She walked into Planet Fitness, signed up for a membership and hired me to train her 2x a week. She was over 400 pounds.

That's not the best part. She used to weigh over 600 pounds and over the course of 5 years lost 200 of it on her own by following Weight Watchers, no working out. At this point she stalled. After much research she decided on lap band surgery. Two weeks after the surgery she met me and joined PF.

S doesn't rely on the lap band solely in her weight loss/fitness journey. She trains 6-7 days a week with double cardio sessions. Over the course of the last 6 months I've helped to create a diet she can live with and taught her proper lifting techniques. In 6 months she's dropped 110 pounds and has just celebrated dipping under 300 pounds (295 as I write this)for the first time in 15 years. She's 29 years old.

This girl does not know the meaning of quit. Anything I ask of her she does, plus one. In fact, I'm the one who has to keep an eye on her and make sure she's not over doing it. in the process of training with me, she's been bitten by the iron bug. She loves lifting and lives for leg day. (the sicko...lol)

I decided to ask her to be my training partner because...1.) frankly I don't like being a personal trainer. She'd pay for 10 sessions up front and in order to accommodate her sessions I'd have to drive all the way back to PF hours after my scheduled shift. Not to mention she'd give me a check for 10 sessions and it would take me 2 months to work it off. Just didn't seem worth it. She was on my only paying client. And 2.) she loves lifting, never misses and has a heart that doesn't quit.

We've been lifting together now for about 3 weeks. She joined my real gym..World Gym...we lift there and do cardio there and PF. She's an amazing woman and I'm proud to call her partner and friend. She tells me I insprie her but the truth is she inspires me more than she knows.

BEAST MODE
01-10-2011, 09:49 AM
That's an awesome progression! Over 300 lbs lost is almost unheard of, but she has proven it's possible if you just focus on your goals. Give her a dudebro high five from me!

Ibarramedia
01-10-2011, 09:50 AM

I started training "S" back in July. She walked into Planet Fitness, signed up for a membership and hired me to train her 2x a week. She was over 400 pounds.

That's not the best part. She used to weigh over 600 pounds and over the course of 5 years lost 200 of it on her own by following Weight Watchers, no working out. At this point she stalled. After much research she decided on lap band surgery. Two weeks after the surgery she met me and joined PF.

S doesn't rely on the lap band solely in her weight loss/fitness journey. She trains 6-7 days a week with double cardio sessions. Over the course of the last 6 months I've helped to create a diet she can live with and taught her proper lifting techniques. In 6 months she's dropped 110 pounds and has just celebrated dipping under 300 pounds (295 as I write this)for the first time in 15 years. She's 29 years old.

This girl does not know the meaning of quit. Anything I ask of her she does, plus one. In fact, I'm the one who has to keep an eye on her and make sure she's not over doing it. in the process of training with me, she's been bitten by the iron bug. She loves lifting and lives for leg day. (the sicko...lol)

I decided to ask her to be my training partner because...1.) frankly I don't like being a personal trainer. She'd pay for 10 sessions up front and in order to accommodate her sessions I'd have to drive all the way back to PF hours after my scheduled shift. Not to mention she'd give me a check for 10 sessions and it would take me 2 months to work it off. Just didn't seem worth it. She was on my only paying client. And 2.) she loves lifting, never misses and has a heart that doesn't quit.

We've been lifting together now for about 3 weeks. She joined my real gym..World Gym...we lift there and do cardio there and PF. She's an amazing woman and I'm proud to call her partner and friend. She tells me I insprie her but the truth is she inspires me more than she knows.

That's a great story. :ok:

freebirdmac
01-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Congrats to your training partner! Maybe she'll do a comp down the road. Coming from those stats, and working out like she is, her ending lbm should be outstanding.

Hammerfit
01-10-2011, 12:24 PM

Wow what a inspiring story. you are a special person to help this young lady.
What comes around goes around, you will get this good deed returned when you least expect it. Thank God there are still people like you around to help others!

GirlyMuscle
01-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Wow what a inspiring story. you are a special person to help this young lady.
What comes around goes around, you will get this good deed returned when you least expect it. Thank God there are still people like you around to help others!

Actually, I feel honored to be a part of her transformation. :)

GirlyMuscle
01-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Just got done training with S. We did deadlifts and rack pulls. Both were a first time for her. I think I taught her good form. We even did video to make sure and so she could see what she was doing. She got up to 175 on deadlifts and 275 on rack pulls! I am so proud. :D

She even received her first "war wounds" from deadlifting.

BEAST MODE
01-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Good battle wounds! My shins are permanently scarred from them...

GirlyMuscle
01-10-2011, 03:54 PM
She was beaming. She's a sicko. I told her about The Dudebros and Dudesis'. She's definitely a candidate. ;) She used to say leg day was her favorite because she loves pushing big heavy weight but now she loves back day because of deads and rack pulls.

GirlyMuscle
01-10-2011, 03:56 PM
I haven't deadlifted since Australia. This was 225. Not a bad start.

VJy_uQVoIUM

BEAST MODE
01-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Is that your video from today? Looked easy! Your form is great too!

partsRheavy
01-10-2011, 06:52 PM
You have a heart of gold and more patience than I could dream of!!

GirlyMuscle
01-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Is that your video from today? Looked easy! Your form is great too! Yep! That was today. It was easy. My PR is 305 but I want to work back up to it.

You have a heart of gold and more patience than I could dream of!! It doesn't really take patience. S is super eager to learn and lift. She LOVES it. It's easy to train with someone like that. :)

freebirdmac
01-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Think you could have done those deads any faster? :p

You should be back up to 305 very soon.

GirlyMuscle
01-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Probably but it wasn't a cardio workout...although it certainly felt like one the way I was huffing and puffing afterward. ;)

BEAST MODE
01-10-2011, 07:34 PM
You could've pulled well over 305 today from the looks of it...

GirlyMuscle
01-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Next week. I wanted to eeeease back into it. ;)

Sledge
01-10-2011, 08:00 PM
You should do a video of dead cardio

GirlyMuscle
01-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Shoot...I have to look that up. I forget how it went.

GirlyMuscle
01-10-2011, 09:01 PM
I've been all over the interwebs tonight. Lost track of time. I wanted to be in bed an hour ago! Sooo...good night RXmuscle!

Hammerfit
01-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Just looking over your last training log and your video. Holy shit you are freakin strong! I've been trying to get Lisa to do heavier deads than 135 but when we even add 10's on she says it hurts her back. She can do 135 for 15 with no pain and perfect form, I dont have a clue? Got any ideas? Thinking about it I have never had her do rack pulls she only does sldl for hams

GirlyMuscle
01-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Thanks, Hammer!

Once upon a time I got stuck at breaking 200. I could do 195 but throwing a 10 on each side...no way. Then Sledge suggested that I go up only 2 1/2 each side. I thought that was silly since legs are such a big muscle group. How could 5 lbs make the difference? But I did it and after just a few workouts I was lifting 225. I kept doing it that way...tiny increments until I hit my current PR of 305. I'll continue to do that. First I wanted >200, then > 300...now I want 400. :drool:

freebirdmac
01-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Just looking over your last training log and your video. Holy shit you are freakin strong! I've been trying to get Lisa to do heavier deads than 135 but when we even add 10's on she says it hurts her back. She can do 135 for 15 with no pain and perfect form, I dont have a clue? Got any ideas? Thinking about it I have never had her do rack pulls she only does sldl for hams

Has she ever done good mornings? I've seen the weights she can do, if I can go heavier than 135 I know she can as well. No doubt her form is fine.

Hammerfit
01-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Thanks, Hammer!

Once upon a time I got stuck at breaking 200. I could do 195 but throwing a 10 on each side...no way. Then Sledge suggested that I go up only 2 1/2 each side. I thought that was silly since legs are such a big muscle group. How could 5 lbs make the difference? But I did it and after just a few workouts I was lifting 225. I kept doing it that way...tiny increments until I hit my current PR of 305. I'll continue to do that. First I wanted >200, then > 300...now I want 400. :drool:

Great idea, I will have her do that. I think it is mental

Hammerfit
01-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Has she ever done good mornings? I've seen the weights she can do, if I can go heavier than 135 I know she can as well. No doubt her form is fine.

Yeah her form is picture perfect, back straight as a board. She does do good mornings with just the 45lb bar, but I think some core strength training may be something I need to work on her with. Her legs are hard as nails and she has very strong squats 225 deep but trains mostly with 135-185 for reps

Hammerfit
01-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks, Hammer!

With the ease you did those you will be able to hit 400 in no time. If you are strong (and you are) I think the weight is very much mental, if you can somehow visualize the lift before hand it will come up

GirlyMuscle
01-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Today was leg day. My training partner lives for leg day. She's a sicko but I get it. I was going to keep leg training light with high reps this season because honestly I think my leg are plenty big enough. Upper body needs to catch up. But her enthusiasm is so infectious she drags me into heavy training anyway. She outdid me today, too. For real.

30 min fasted cardio

Power Squats
1x15@90
1x15@180
1x15@270
1x13@320

Leg Press
1x15@200
1x10@290
1x10@380
1x10@470
1x8@560
1x6@650
1x4@740

S did another set after that round. 830 for 6 reps. I cried uncle at the 740 set. I was so intent on keeping her safe at that weight and spotting her that I forgot to videotape it. Next week I will. The numbers are weird because some d*ckhead left a 100 lb plate on each side. We left them on instead of taking them off and throwing on (2) 45s on each side.

Leg Extension
Not sure how to log it. We did drop sets. Each weight was 10 reps. We did 3 sets.
120-90-60-30

Leg curl
1x10@45
1x10@55
1x10@65
1x10@70
1x8@ 80

By this point I was toast. Still had 30 min of cardio to do. The only thing I could possibly do was bike on level easy (4). So that's what I did. Doubt my heart rate was much over 100 but..it's done. I'm sooo tired now.

On a side note...it is so nice to have a friend who is into this fitness thing like I am. And even outside of that I genuinely like S. She's a cool chick. Girly but not sissy...cool...you know. She rode along with me to apply for a new job before the work out and we chatted and stuff...had a great afternoon with her. They say you should surround yourself with people and things that you want to be because whoever your friends are is who you will be, too. I think we're good for each other.

Muscgrows
01-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Stop it, you are giving me a big head. To be honest, I feed off your energy. You have an intensity like no other. I have always been driven, but not with the focus that you have. You are intelligent, outgoing, honest, and downright funny. I am honored to know someone as motivating as you. Without your encouragement, I would not have gotten as far as I have. Not because I physically could not, but, because I would not have had the confidence to do so. You instilled that confidence. You are one hell of a woman. Ty for introducing yourself to me that day at PF. I will never forget your peppy talk. LOL!

Muscgrows
01-11-2011, 06:50 PM
BTW, this is "S" for Sandra.

GirlyMuscle
01-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Hey, baby! Glad to see you here!

Everyone...meet my friend and training partner, Sandra. :D

Muscgrows
01-11-2011, 06:59 PM
It was only a matter of time Luv. :->

GirlyMuscle
01-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Hey...Citi market....chicken breast the size of turkey breasts for $2.17 a lb. I just walked up there IN THE SNOW. Ugh. Did I ever tell you how much I hate the cold and snow? LOL

Muscgrows
01-11-2011, 07:17 PM
:yep: It's chicken on Steroids. It's one of my markets. LOL!

GirlyMuscle
01-11-2011, 07:25 PM
I know. I figure if it makes the chix grow it'll make me grow. You are what you eat, right? I like beefed up roided out chicken.

BEAST MODE
01-11-2011, 07:30 PM
What's up Sandra? Welcome to RX! And congrats on your progress so far!

Muscgrows
01-11-2011, 07:30 PM
It's the best. That's why we eat so much of it in my culture. LOL!

Muscgrows
01-11-2011, 07:31 PM
What's up Sandra? Welcome to RX! And congrats on your progress so far!

Thank you! It isn't without the help of GirlyMuscle's. She got me here. :yep:

BEAST MODE
01-11-2011, 07:32 PM
She's a righteous dudesis!

Muscgrows
01-11-2011, 07:36 PM
She's a righteous dudesis!
Yes she is. One hell of a Dudesis. Honored to be her grasshopper. :)

BEAST MODE
01-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Kinda makes me want a padawin to teach...and I could be the jedi master.

GirlyMuscle
01-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Worthy grasshoppers or padawins are very hard to find.

Muscgrows
01-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Kinda makes me want a padawin to teach...and I could be the jedi master.
Never to late! LOL!

Muscgrows
01-11-2011, 07:46 PM
True. But, you found one. I told you I wouldn't let you down. :no:

GirlyMuscle
01-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Sandra, check your email. I sent your vids.

Muscgrows
01-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Sandra, check your email. I sent your vids.
Kay.

freebirdmac
01-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Welcome Sandra! Are you going to start a journal? Love to follow along :)

Muscgrows
01-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Welcome Sandra! Are you going to start a journal? Love to follow along :)
Trying to figure out how to do that. I have never been on a forum before. Unless FB is considered one. LOL!:p

GirlyMuscle
01-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Women's Training Journals - RX Muscle Forums

If you start one, post when you feel like it. Say what you want. It's your journal.

Muscgrows
01-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Women's Training Journals - RX Muscle Forums (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)

If you start one, post when you feel like it. Say what you want. It's your journal.
Thank you. I will check it out.

BEAST MODE
01-11-2011, 08:34 PM

Very true! None have worked out yet for me. They all lack the desire and commitment.

GirlyMuscle
01-11-2011, 08:38 PM
That's why Sandra is my grasshopper. She has the heart and commitment to hang. :)

GirlyMuscle
01-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Muscle growing time! (bedtime)

See y'all tomorrow after I'm snowed in! Good thing I have an elliptical as a clothes rack in my bedroom. It may be the only way I get cardio in first thing am. :)

Muscgrows
01-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Night

Muscgrows
01-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Muscle growing time! (bedtime)

See y'all tomorrow after I'm snowed in! Good thing I have an elliptical as a clothes rack in my bedroom. It may be the only way I get cardio in first thing am. :)
First thread posted :yep:

Sunnyday
01-11-2011, 09:48 PM
BTW, this is "S" for Sandra.

Welcome, Sandra! Great to have you here on GM's thread. Both of you are an inspiration!

Muscgrows
01-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Welcome, Sandra! Great to have you here on GM's thread. Both of you are an inspiration!
Thank you. It is an honor to be invited.

GirlyMuscle
01-12-2011, 10:42 PM
So our delt workout got cut short because we didn't get started until 9pm and the gym closes at 10pm. So we did some overhead machine presses and finished up with cardio. Not much to report. Diet was 100% as always. :D

GirlyMuscle
01-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Good morning friends.

I've only had one cardio session off (Thurs night) this week so I decided this morning would be the second. I'm supposed to do double sessions 6 days a week. I've done 11 sessions this week and jumped up my mins from 30 to 45 early since I know that's the new plan. Felt awesome to lay around on the coach for 30 mins instead drinking french vanilla coffee. :D

I have off from both jobs this weekend. It'll feel good to rest and catch up on things like laundry. Still hitting the gym as usual with Sandra. In fact she met me at Planet Fitness last night at 10:15 for 45 min of cardio. She still like cardio. In her words, of course! Any excuse to sweat! I still hate it but it's much more tolerable with her around to talk to. Time goes by a little quicker.

So tonight I get a treat meal. Thank you God! (Steve) I so need it. Sandra and I are going to lift and do cardio at PF and then go out for a steak dinner. I even get 2 glasses of wine! YAY!

My weight loss has slowed. Steve said that's to be expected. I've been on the same plan since Dec 29th...18 days with no dietary changes. Weight seems to be stuck at 160. I start my new diet Monday.

BEAST MODE
01-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Enjoy your treat tonight!!! Mine has me salivating already!

GirlyMuscle
01-16-2011, 12:17 AM
Me and Sandra after our chest and tri workout getting ready for our treat meal dinner.

Muscgrows
01-16-2011, 12:35 AM
Aww. We look cute.

GirlyMuscle
01-16-2011, 12:52 AM
Steak.... :drool:...

Muscgrows
01-16-2011, 07:23 AM
It was sooo good

BEAST MODE
01-16-2011, 08:55 AM
I hope your meal was as delicious as mine...mine was like an event. My parents took me out, my lil sis went, our neighbors, and 2 of my parents' best friends and their 2 kids. FREE APPETIZERS!!! We waited an hour longer than we were supposed to so they gave them to us. Hot wings FTW!

GirlyMuscle
01-16-2011, 09:38 AM
My treat meal was awesome! Food was great but the company was even better. Can't wait for the next one!

I was in a pissy cranky mood yesterday. If I didn't know better I'd say it was PMS. Sandra and I trained chest, tris and abs for almost 2 hours and that magically lifted my mood. After that we did 15 min on the arc trainer and 30 min on a bike. Then it was showertime and treat cheat meal. I'm feeling MUCH better today.

We're going to have to train at PF again today since our real gym closes at 3pm and Sandra works until 3:30. We're going to do delts and biceps. She's already salivating at legs on Monday and back on Tuesday.

freebirdmac
01-16-2011, 10:39 AM
She looks like she could be your little sister :)

GirlyMuscle
01-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Haha! I said that last night...we look like sisters!

My pectittys are sore. I need a pectitty rub.

musclegoddess65
01-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks, Sunny!

Rich asked me the other day if I had a favorite meal. I do. It's meal 1...egg/egg whites and oatmeal with a banana mashed up in it. I'll be very sad the day that meal changes.

I was going to take the day off lifting but decided to make it tomorrow. Without going into the details it'll allow me to get a good night's rest both nights. So tonight will be delts and tomorrow and friday will be the days off from the gym (always doing cardio though). Cardio is tolerable at this point thanks to Humapro. No blood sugar drops in the am when doing fasted. Today was hard to get into the flow...it was difficult to get into a rhythm but halfway through it clicked.

I think I might try rock climbing this weekend with Sandra, my training partner. She loves that shit and I'm game for something new.

just back here catching up... i like Sandra more and more all the time... I LOVE rock climbing....

musclegoddess65
01-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Hey, baby! Glad to see you here!

Everyone...meet my friend and training partner, Sandra. :D

I look forward to the day I can meet her in person! She ROCKS!

musclegoddess65
01-16-2011, 01:13 PM
ok caught up on this thread...

GirlyMuscle
01-16-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm seriously considering buying this bike for am cardio. They do payments and free shipping. ( 30 Day Trial Offer for $49.95 + 6 Payments of $99.90 For a Total of $649.35) It comes with 3 dvds. What do you think?

http://www.spinningtv.com/images/content/spinnerfit/spinner-fit-highlights.png

www.spinningtv.com

https://eurodrtv.com/spinningtv.com/cart/?vid=950805&

musclegoddess65
01-16-2011, 03:29 PM
OMG do we think alike or what... I've seen that infomercial many times and have considered it... in fact I just thought about it again today...

I love spinning myself... one of the few group classes at a gym I WILL take...

musclegoddess65
01-16-2011, 03:30 PM
I wonder if it has clip in pedals....

GirlyMuscle
01-16-2011, 03:37 PM
They do not have clip pedals but they can be installed. I was researching reviews on this bike. Most say it's sturdy and well constructed. One con that came up over and over was wobbley handlebars but most people agreed that it wasn't bad enough to inhibit their workout. I think I'm ordering one on Thursday.

Reviews here...

Amazon.com: Spinner&Acirc;&reg; Sport Spin Bike with 4 Spinning DVDs: Sports & Outdoors

Muscgrows
01-16-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm seriously considering buying this bike for am cardio. They do payments and free shipping. ( 30 Day Trial Offer for $49.95 + 6 Payments of $99.90 For a Total of $649.35) It comes with 3 dvds. What do you think?

http://www.spinningtv.com/images/content/spinnerfit/spinner-fit-highlights.png

www.spinningtv.com

https://eurodrtv.com/spinningtv.com/cart/?vid=950805&

id be game to invest in one too. looks p retty sturdy.

Muscgrows
01-16-2011, 03:39 PM
I look forward to the day I can meet her in person! She ROCKS!

I Look forward to the day as well

Sunnyday
01-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Spin FTW!

KyMuscle
01-16-2011, 10:07 PM
Did I read that correctly -- you're just two weeks into contest prep and already doing 2, 45-minute cardio sessions 6 days per week?

How many more weeks of prep do you have? How much cardio do you expect to be doing by then?

Reason I ask is that I prefer not to have my competitors top out at more than 2 hours of cardio daily and you're already so close to that.

Hope this doesn't come across as critical... just want to understand what you're doing and why.

s2h
01-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Did I read that correctly -- you're just two weeks into contest prep and already doing 2, 45-minute cardio sessions 6 days per week?

How many more weeks of prep do you have? How much cardio do you expect to be doing by then?

Reason I ask is that I prefer not to have my competitors top out at more than 2 hours of cardio daily and you're already so close to that.

Hope this doesn't come across as critical... just want to understand what you're doing and why.wow..that doesnt sound like much fun...

GirlyMuscle
01-17-2011, 06:27 AM
I won't be discussing my prep any longer. I'm not going to defend or second guess my coach. So I guess this will become just my bullshit thread.

GirlyMuscle
01-17-2011, 07:02 AM
I'll answer the 45min double cardio question. I want to come in ripped this year. Not like the half-assed 15% I was the last 2 yrs. With that in mind I have about 35 pounds to lose and I have no idea when my show is because in typical fashion the promoters haven't set a date yet. Could be anytime, April through late May. That being said I don't want to be scrambling at the last minute. I'd rather come in a little early and coast into the show.

Muscgrows
01-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Shh dont tell anyone, but, I lift things up and put them down! lol!

GirlyMuscle
01-17-2011, 09:49 AM
You push things and pull things, too. ;)

Muscgrows
01-17-2011, 11:45 AM
yep.

KyMuscle
01-17-2011, 12:37 PM
I won't be discussing my prep any longer. I'm not going to defend or second guess my coach. So I guess this will become just my bullshit thread.

Whoa! Didn't mean to offend or make you defensive in any way.

Just interested in an honest exchange of information, nothing more.

Thanks for answering the question, and best of luck in pursuing your best-ever condition.

GirlyMuscle
01-17-2011, 12:59 PM
I wasn't offended, sweetie. :hmn:

musclegoddess65
01-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Shh dont tell anyone, but, I lift things up and put them down! lol!

too funny....

Gerb
01-17-2011, 06:49 PM
nice spin bike but you will need a smaller saddle

GirlyMuscle
01-17-2011, 07:39 PM
I need the big saddle so my ass bones don't get sore.

So Sandra and I walked by the cardio room tonight and realized that the spin bikes are that exact bike so I guess it'll be a good investment. And I can try it before I buy it!

s2h
01-17-2011, 10:25 PM
I'll answer the 45min double cardio question. I want to come in ripped this year. Not like the half-assed 15% I was the last 2 yrs. With that in mind I have about 35 pounds to lose and I have no idea when my show is because in typical fashion the promoters haven't set a date yet. Could be anytime, April through late May. That being said I don't want to be scrambling at the last minute. I'd rather come in a little early and coast into the show.i think your on the right path GM..better to be in shape early then scrambling at the end..like you i have to do a shit load of cardio and early on to get there..good luck..

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 06:16 AM
Yeah. I just hope my feet can hold up for 16+ more weeks. (I have plantar fasciitis.)

Hammerfit
01-18-2011, 10:18 AM
I enjoyed reading your training, bring it back!

Here's a quote I read in a MD column this morning, "Haters are going to hate. That's what miserable people who are unhappy with their own lives do."

So don't give a shit what other people think or say about YOUR training thread.

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 11:18 AM
It's not that anyone is hating. I just have to be careful how much I share because as prep goes on I don't want to have to deal with "why is your coach having you do this or that." I don't feel I should have to defend or exlain anything. I'll admit I'm not crazy about the plan he's given me but he's designed it for a reason. I don't have to like it, I just have to do it. And as I get deeper into it, I'm afraid things are gonna get ugly. I've already been told certain people don't want to deal with "my negativity" so I've been trying to keep it to myself. And no...some people here don't understand either.

Anyway...I still have this week to lift like I like...lots of it and as heavy as I can. Hopefully, I'll pull some good numbers before the onslaught of high reps starts next week. Watch for a new deadlift video later today. It's back day. :D

BEAST MODE
01-18-2011, 11:22 AM
I'm bridging into the high rep stuff right now. I'm going to be there in a few weeks anyway, so I figured I would go ahead and incorporate some of it now. Nice to have a new training style. I love going heavy and hard but it definitely takes its toll on me.

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Aren't you farther ahead than me? Like 12 weeks out or something? I'm at least 16 weeks out. Guess I just have more fatass to burn off.

BEAST MODE
01-18-2011, 11:26 AM
LOL Yeah I'm just under 11 weeks out.

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 11:28 AM
Shit. I can't say that for another 2 months. :( If I'm this tired now I'll be dead by then.

BEAST MODE
01-18-2011, 11:30 AM
Yep...but you're going to do it anyway! I'm tired this week. I am not blaming it on prep though...I think it's the fucking weather. Haven't had a sunny day in over a week. Been wet for fuckin days and we're supposed to get another 3-6" of snow Thursday.

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 11:49 AM
We got 4 inches of snow which was promptly covered in ice. I still made it to PF for fasted cardio at 4:45am. I was the only dayshifter that made it in before 9:30am. I left an hour early to come home and nap before my workout later this afternoon. Lately, it seems like if I'm not working or working out I'm sleeping. I just can't get caught up. I'm always tired.

that being said...nitey nite!

BEAST MODE
01-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Night bud! Wish I was napping...I've been doing that every chance I get too.

partsRheavy
01-18-2011, 02:09 PM
You have my support however you and your coach decide to do your prep!!!!!

Sunnyday
01-18-2011, 03:02 PM
^^ x2!!

:hmn:

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Thanks, girls. :)

Tried for as heavy as I can...deadlift....only got 1 rep @ 275. I really felt it in my lower back after I put the weight down so I decided not to push it any further. No injuries. Also, had to borrow straps from the gym manager because I forgot my versa gripps.

21ZJ4bzEVeE

Sunnyday
01-18-2011, 07:46 PM
In spite of being only 1 rep, the rep looked good, FWIW. Funny how the back lets you know AFTER the fact, huh?

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 07:48 PM
True...but at least I was smart enough to stop there.

Muscgrows
01-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Truth. I don't know that I would have if I were alone.

Sunnyday
01-18-2011, 08:13 PM
True...but at least I was smart enough to stop there.

Yep, smart woman! Not worth it to risk injury. :yep:

freebirdmac
01-18-2011, 08:42 PM
You haven't done deadlifts in how long? It'll come back to you. It's amazing you're already pulling huge numbers.

s2h
01-18-2011, 08:43 PM
best prep i ever had..i was living in a apt...they had cardio equp. i could walk to in the AM for fasted cardio..that was nice...

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 08:43 PM
At least 8 months. Maybe longer. I stopped when I started last year's contest prep and that was May 2010, I think.

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 08:45 PM
best prep i ever had..i was living in a apt...they had cardio equp. i could walk to in the AM for fasted cardio..that was nice...

Yeah, I ordered that Spin Bike. Sandra is gonna trade me an apartment sized fridge (I want one for my room on the 3rd floor...lazy ass me...and she just won't accept the elliptical free) for my never used elliptical. That way neither of us has to leave the house at 4:30am in 19 degree weather to get cardio done. I'm sure we'll be texting each other through it every morning. LOL

s2h
01-18-2011, 08:46 PM
At least 8 months. Maybe longer. I stopped when I started last year's contest prep and that was May 2010, I think.for being away from deads that long..your form and strength are really solid GM..nice work..will be followimg you along the way...best of luck to ya...

s2h
01-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Yeah, I ordered that Spin Bike. Sandra is gonna trade me an apartment sized fridge (I want one for my room on the 3rd floor...lazy ass me...and she just won't accept the elliptical free) for my never used elliptical. That way neither of us has to leave the house at 4:30am in 19 degree weather to get cardio done. I'm sure we'll be texting each other through it every morning. LOLdef a plus..cardio at home is so nice in prep mode...

Sunnyday
01-18-2011, 08:54 PM
I'd love to have any piece of cardio equipment here at home, especially an elliptical or a bike! I can't leave the sleeping kiddos alone in the house in the early a.m. or late p.m. My husband leaves the house at the crack of dawn and frequently works late hours with overseas phone conferences, so unless I want to go running outside in the pitch dark during the wee hours he is home (which is unsafe for a woman to run alone anyway), I'm stuck with doing my cardio post-weights. That's it. Very limited. You are soooo fortunate!

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Order a Spin Bike. It's 49.95 down and 99 a month for 6 months. Only way I can afford to do it. :)

www.spinningtv.com

Sunnyday
01-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Don't think I'm not thinkin' about it...

freebirdmac
01-18-2011, 09:12 PM
I have a really nice Sole elliptical. My daughter had a pretty good stretch of using it. Getting her fired up to start up again. Maybe after this bulk I'll get to use it. :p

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 09:12 PM
I thought about it for about 3 days. Read all the reviews I could find. If you want to wait until I get it I'll certainly give you my review...complete with video if you want. :)

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 09:13 PM
I have a really nice Sole elliptical. My daughter had a pretty good stretch of using it. Getting her fired up to start up again. Maybe after this bulk I'll get to use it. :p

How long is your bulk? Feels like it's been a really long time.

Muscgrows
01-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I ordered that Spin Bike. Sandra is gonna trade me an apartment sized fridge (I want one for my room on the 3rd floor...lazy ass me...and she just won't accept the elliptical free) for my never used elliptical. That way neither of us has to leave the house at 4:30am in 19 degree weather to get cardio done. I'm sure we'll be texting each other through it every morning. LOL

You spent a large sum of money for the equipment. Even though you dont use it, its worth something. I would never take something expensive like that wiyhout compensating you somehow. Its how I am.
:yep:

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 09:15 PM
I know you are. I guess trading it for a fridge is better than giving it to the trashman. ;)

Sunnyday
01-18-2011, 09:15 PM
I thought about it for about 3 days. Read all the reviews I could find. If you want to wait until I get it I'll certainly give you my review...complete with video if you want. :)

Would love to have an honest review of it, ya that would be helpful!

Muscgrows
01-18-2011, 09:29 PM
I know you are. I guess trading it for a fridge is better than giving it to the trashman. ;)
Hey, just saw the exact same bike on biggest loser. The person on it was 430 lbs. It is definitely sturdy.

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Will do!

Time for bed. I get to sleep in a little tomorrow. Food is all prepped too. All I gotta do is get up, cardio, shower and work and I don't have to be to work until 1pm.

Good night all!

freebirdmac
01-18-2011, 09:34 PM
How long is your bulk? Feels like it's been a really long time.

I bumped cals up beginning of Sept. Before that I was eating around maintenance. I'll keep on this path through March. Then I think I'll follow Layne Norton's 6-8 week bulk, 2-4 week cut, rinse/repeat until next fall. I do have occasion to wear a bathing suit in the summer :p According to Layne you can stay lean this way. I'm up 10 pounds since Sept as of today. Just shy of 120 at the gym tonight :D

musclegoddess65
01-19-2011, 01:35 PM
I'd love to have any piece of cardio equipment here at home, especially an elliptical or a bike! I can't leave the sleeping kiddos alone in the house in the early a.m. or late p.m. My husband leaves the house at the crack of dawn and frequently works late hours with overseas phone conferences, so unless I want to go running outside in the pitch dark during the wee hours he is home (which is unsafe for a woman to run alone anyway), I'm stuck with doing my cardio post-weights. That's it. Very limited. You are soooo fortunate!

Sunny peeps I worked with would FREAK that I'd run alone when it was dark (4am dark) I said if some prowler is in the bushes at 4am on the chance of scoring... then more power to them... now 10pm dark... diff story.... but then I'm nuts too... I'd usually keep cell with me and text a friend when I left and when I came back..

Sunnyday
01-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Sunny peeps I worked with would FREAK that I'd run alone when it was dark (4am dark) I said if some prowler is in the bushes at 4am on the chance of scoring... then more power to them... now 10pm dark... diff story.... but then I'm nuts too... I'd usually keep cell with me and text a friend when I left and when I came back..

There are some pretty freaky younger people in our neighborhood that I just don't trust. Lately there has been some pretty harsh vandalism at odd hours so I think it's just better I stay indoors after dark.

Gerb
01-19-2011, 06:39 PM

this is not safe :no: I can not condone this :no: bad kim :no:

musclegoddess65
01-19-2011, 07:05 PM

I know but maybe someday Steve I'll be a lucky gal like J and have a hot honey that is willing to get up and go with me.... but seriously what type of prowler is out at 4am??? not that their couldn't be.... and lucky for me I usually was not the only crazy fool on the prairie path in IL...now here in SC... I don't know the area well enough...

axioma
01-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Just stopped by....looking for some serious chit...trying to get motivated here...

Sledge
01-20-2011, 10:42 AM

A sound spanking is in order for Bad Kim I reckon.

GirlyMuscle
01-20-2011, 10:56 AM
LOL...motivation...here?

Today...

bed at midnight so up at 9:30...still tired.
Cardio at 10:05-10:50
Quickie shower at 11 and pack food for the day
leave for work by 11:40
Work 12-7
Meet Sandra at the gym at 7:30pm
Train from 7:30-8:30 not sure what body part, I have to look in my log. Probably delts.
Cardio from 8:30-9:15
Grocery and cooking at 9:30-11:30pm
Bed by midnight
Up tomorrow at 4am for fasted cardio before work.

That's the plan anyway.

BEAST MODE
01-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Hooray for 4 hours of sleep tonight...

GirlyMuscle
01-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Fuck you. :)

Tomorrow will be even more exciting.

4am..up.
4:30-cardio
5:30 meal 1 and shower
6am-12 job 1
12:30 home for a nap
2:00 get up and go to job 2
10-11pm more cardio
hopefully bed by midnight

The thing that sucks about Fridays is I run out of meals at 7:30pm but I'll still be up until midnight. I guess I could cut out the nap and do cardio in the afternoon but I'm usually fighting falling asleep at the wheel on the drive home at noon. So we'll see.

BEAST MODE
01-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Are you just doubled over from the hunger by the time you go to bed then? I know I would be...doubled over, weak, shaky, cold sweats...

GirlyMuscle
01-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Yep. It sucks.

And my plantar fasciitis decided to flair yesterday. Right foot is starting to hurt a lot. I have to tape it for job 2 even though both jobs are on my feet all day. Add in the cardio...hey, there's only so much this 46 yr old body can take.

GirlyMuscle
01-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Gotta run...i just wasted 10 mins of get ready for work time.

See y'all later..between clients I'm sure.

KyMuscle
01-20-2011, 12:09 PM
LOL...motivation...here?

Today...

bed at midnight so up at 9:30...still tired.
Cardio at 10:05-10:50
Quickie shower at 11 and pack food for the day
leave for work by 11:40
Work 12-7
Meet Sandra at the gym at 7:30pm
Train from 7:30-8:30 not sure what body part, I have to look in my log. Probably delts.
Cardio from 8:30-9:15
Grocery and cooking at 9:30-11:30pm
Bed by midnight
Up tomorrow at 4am for fasted cardio before work.

Motivating???

Hell yes!!! 100& focused on your goal, despite the sacrifices to the rest of your life.

Very motivating indeed!

GirlyMuscle
01-20-2011, 12:42 PM
I wish it motivated ME. LOL

BEAST MODE
01-20-2011, 12:55 PM
The fact that you motivate others should keep you motivated. It's cyclical.

GirlyMuscle
01-20-2011, 01:00 PM
I'm in a mood the last two days. Yes, you can call it PMS. And with that goes up the scale and down the mood. Add in all the training, work, etc and I'm just an unmotivated crybaby bitch. (And TMI...it's a fuking week early)

BEAST MODE
01-20-2011, 01:03 PM
I know you're tired bud...I guess the question you have to find the answer to, you already know...do you really want to compete? You know how prep is going to be so only you can determine the answer. Your mood is up to you...you can either be crabby about everything, or you can just go w/ the routine and let things take their course.

GirlyMuscle
01-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Apparently, you don't know much about the hormonal moods of a woman. It's a really hard thing to control since it's physical and not just in my head. Honestly, I feel like I did the last 4 weeks of prep. I guess I'm thinking about the next 4 months too much. I don't want to go through those last 4 weeks for 4 months. So yeah, I have been questioning if I should compete or not. I might not. Hell, the date hasn't been set so I don't even know when where or anything else.

BEAST MODE
01-20-2011, 01:07 PM
No, I know how you ladies get at that time of the month. What I'm saying is your outlook towards prep can either be crabby for the next 4 months, or YOU can decide it will not be.

GirlyMuscle
01-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Well, right now my mood and attitude towards prep is because of PMS. And ya know, Rich, you're 20 yrs younger than me. Maybe you can take all the cardio right from the start. Maybe I can't. Like I said, plantar facsiitis is flaring, and I work 2 jobs (about 55 hrs a week) on my feet the entire time. I don't sit at a desk all day.

On a happy note, I did order the spin bike this morning so I don't have to drive to the gym every morning.

GirlyMuscle
01-20-2011, 01:27 PM
At least I don't sugarcoat my feelings. You get the good, bad and ugly in my journal. :)

GirlyMuscle
01-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Just got back from CVS. Sneaky marketing...chocolate in the same isle as Midol. Fuckers. I didn't buy any. Instead I came back to gym and popped a double dose of Midol. Mood should change in about 20-30 minutes. I bought extra strength. ;)

BEAST MODE
01-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Yay! Let's have a happy Erin!!!

musclegoddess65
01-20-2011, 03:00 PM
A sound spanking is in order for Bad Kim I reckon.

ohhhhh a spankin' :yep: