PDA

View Full Version : GirlyMuscle's Hangout

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

gman
01-11-2010, 09:53 AM
GM, great training, and I know what you mean about the carbs. I tend to let them creep up way too high and end up getting out of control.

vboissiere
01-11-2010, 09:56 AM
Please send some warmth up to the northeast!!!

GirlyMuscle
01-11-2010, 10:59 AM
I would if I could! It's supposed to get up to 100F by the end of the week.

Wendy
01-11-2010, 11:25 AM
I would if I could! It's supposed to get up to 100F by the end of the week.

I would love that!! I am always freezing! Friends of ours that moved to New Zealand came home for the holidays and they couldn't wait to get back to the heat!

Bob45
01-11-2010, 12:31 PM
What is the number in parenthesis when you log your workout? I know it is something very easy I am not thinking of. What part of this world are living in where it will be 100 and such a time difference? Have a great day!

essmonet03
01-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Since I missed the gym yesterday I kind of combined two workouts. I did delts, tris and bis, dropped the abs. I can do some abs training from home tomorrow.

DB Press
w/u
[email protected] (27.5lbs)

Acclimation sets
1x3@15 (33)
[email protected] (38.5)

working sets
[email protected] (49)

I can't get the 25kgs up by myself. I think maybe next time I will try to since Sledge will be there to give me a little push. Since I can knock out the reps I went a little higher than the plan called for.

Standing Military Press
1x6@40 (88)
1x5@45 (99)

DB Side laterals
[email protected] (28)

Close Grip Bench
1x6@50 (110)
1x6@55 (121)

Can go higher next time.

Cable pushdowns with rope
[email protected] (54)
[email protected] (58)

This machine is ghey. First, it's weighted in really weird numbers. Second, the way it's levered makes it harder. I mean, on most cable machines I can do over 100. On this one I barely make it into the 50s.

Seated Overhead DB Press
[email protected] (49)

Could really feel this in my left delt..not in a good way either.

Straight Bar Curls
w/u
3x10@ 12.5 (28)

acclimation sets
1x3@20 (44)
1x3@25 (55)

working sets
2x6@35 (77)

Hammer Curls
1x6@15 (33)
[email protected] (38.5)

Hmmm...need to go up on this one as well.

EZ Curls
2x6@30 (66)

Too easy...need to go up next time.

I've decided to cut back on the carbs a little. I feel like I'm putting on bodyfat a little too fast. I'm not going to diet or go keto yet though because Sledge has the next 3 weeks off and we're going to do touristy things. I don't want to be strict dieting through that. So I'll just have carbs during our cheats and outings.

That is one serious workout... I look forward to seeing what you are going to look like this season... How is everything else going down under girlie? I also know that there will be some shows replacing the Continental, but they are further away from the Chicagoland. What are you going to do now? :confused:

Ninja Loco
01-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Don't worry. You aren't her type either.
Now you're just trying to make me feel better. I go for strong, muscular, aint-afraid-of-shit type of babes. Preferably female but.... im startin to think I need to stop bein so picky.

Ninja Loco
01-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Since I missed the gym yesterday I kind of combined two workouts. I did delts, tris and bis, dropped the abs. I can do some abs training from home tomorrow.

DB Press
w/u
[email protected] (27.5lbs)

Acclimation sets
1x3@15 (33)
[email protected] (38.5)

working sets
[email protected] (49)

I can't get the 25kgs up by myself. I think maybe next time I will try to since Sledge will be there to give me a little push. Since I can knock out the reps I went a little higher than the plan called for.

Standing Military Press
1x6@40 (88)
1x5@45 (99)

DB Side laterals
[email protected] (28)

Close Grip Bench
1x6@50 (110)
1x6@55 (121)

Can go higher next time.

Cable pushdowns with rope
[email protected] (54)
[email protected] (58)

This machine is ghey. First, it's weighted in really weird numbers. Second, the way it's levered makes it harder. I mean, on most cable machines I can do over 100. On this one I barely make it into the 50s.

Seated Overhead DB Press
[email protected] (49)

Could really feel this in my left delt..not in a good way either.

Straight Bar Curls
w/u
3x10@ 12.5 (28)

acclimation sets
1x3@20 (44)
1x3@25 (55)

working sets
2x6@35 (77)

Hammer Curls
1x6@15 (33)
[email protected] (38.5)

Hmmm...need to go up on this one as well.

EZ Curls
2x6@30 (66)

Too easy...need to go up next time.

Sheer poetry...... wow.

joedemarco
01-11-2010, 02:46 PM
That's a lot of sets! How long did it take you to get through that workout?

GirlyMuscle
01-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Over an hour. Like I said I combined a workout and a half. Usually I'm in the gym 45-60 minutes.

Mac
01-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Dang Girly, you hammered out those stiff-legged deads with 225 like it was nothing. I am very impressed.

GirlyMuscle
01-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Thanks. :emb: I try. :)

GirlyMuscle
01-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Pictures from home...my Mom and psuedo Dad's pitbulls. The puppy isn't getting much bigger. I hope she stays smaller. She has the prettiest little upturned nose. Of course, they didn't send a pic of MY dog. LOL

GeminiJedi
01-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Pictures from home...my Mom and psuedo Dad's pitbulls. The puppy isn't getting much bigger. I hope she stays smaller. She has the prettiest little upturned nose. Of course, they didn't send a pic of MY dog. LOL

Hahahaha. Of course not ;) that would make sense.

GirlyMuscle
01-11-2010, 11:02 PM
What is the number in parenthesis when you log your workout? I know it is something very easy I am not thinking of. What part of this world are living in where it will be 100 and such a time difference? Have a great day!

I'm spending several months in Australia with my sweetie. They use metric here. So the numbers are my weights in kilograms and pounds are in parenthesis' so that my American friends know what weights I'm pushing.

GirlyMuscle
01-11-2010, 11:06 PM
That is one serious workout... I look forward to seeing what you are going to look like this season... How is everything else going down under girlie? I also know that there will be some shows replacing the Continental, but they are further away from the Chicagoland. What are you going to do now? :confused:Yeah, I'm still really up in the air about shows. I just don't know....

Now you're just trying to make me feel better. I go for strong, muscular, aint-afraid-of-shit type of babes. Preferably female but.... im startin to think I need to stop bein so picky.Oh yeah...that's right...you like the trannies, too. ;)

Ninja Loco
01-12-2010, 02:05 AM
Oh yeah...that's right...you like the trannies, too. ;)
I was refering to plastic dolls......

DICE
01-12-2010, 02:06 AM
I love Pits. Have a Cane Corso x Pit ...Pics in my gallery.Kane.

Ninja Loco
01-12-2010, 02:17 AM
My heart just broke......

GirlyMuscle
01-12-2010, 06:21 AM
I love Pits. Have a Cane Corso x Pit ...Pics in my gallery.Kane.

One of my dogs is named Kane, as well. These are Angel, Kane and Toye. Although I call Toye....Stinky Puppy.

joedemarco
01-12-2010, 12:26 PM
I love pits but have never been able to talk my wife into getting one. However, I did talk her into a rottie...lol. He's only 7 months old and is already 75 pounds...beautiful dog! Now I have 3 dogs....enough for me.

Mandla
01-13-2010, 01:46 AM
GM, this is really cool. I'm following along too.

GirlyMuscle
01-13-2010, 01:50 AM
Cool! Wish I had something exciting to post but today is a rest day.

Did ya hear about the fire breathing dragon that was climbing on my thigh yesterday?

tight booty
01-13-2010, 03:57 AM
Girlymuscle, I am finally here....just caught up on the last few pages of your thread. :) Guess what I got in my christmas crackers? I got a measuring tape....Haha and my response was "cool I can measure my arms".

GirlyMuscle
01-13-2010, 04:40 AM
And what do your arms measure?

GirlyMuscle
01-13-2010, 04:51 AM
The dog from next door who comes to visit and get loves. And to beg dog biscuits off me. I don't know his real name. He hasn't told me. So I just call him Dawg.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/IMGP3422.jpg

vboissiere
01-13-2010, 04:55 AM
The dog from next door who comes to visit and get loves. And to beg dog biscuits off me. I don't know his real name. He hasn't told me. So I just call him Dawg.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/IMGP3422.jpg

He's cute!

Bob45
01-13-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm spending several months in Australia with my sweetie. They use metric here. So the numbers are my weights in kilograms and pounds are in parenthesis' so that my American friends know what weights I'm pushing.

Australia, nice. I did figure out it was metric. I knew it would eventually come to me.

tight booty
01-13-2010, 06:21 PM
And what do your arms measure?

I hate measuring my arms. I have actually cried when I measured them, back in the day when I may have been over training a little. I would sit there and cry my eyes out.......:dunno:
They are 12.5 inches....:mad:

Sledge
01-13-2010, 06:58 PM
12.5" your a fuckin monster.

GirlyMuscle
01-13-2010, 10:51 PM
Damn geckos. Now there's one on the doorframe of the front door. I dunno if I can get used to creepy crawlies everywhere.

mygirlsdad
01-13-2010, 10:55 PM
Damn geckos. Now there's one on the doorframe of the front door. I dunno if I can get used to creepy crawlies everywhere.

You don't happen to be in Hawaii are you? LOL I remember the little green guys from my honeymoon in Kuai. Kinda cute LOL

GirlyMuscle
01-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Australia. Yeah, Sledge thinks they're cute little guys.

GeminiJedi
01-13-2010, 11:14 PM
They ARE cute!

Don't be hatin' the geckos

GirlyMuscle
01-13-2010, 11:17 PM
THat's not what it looked like. It wasn't that green.

It looked like this....

http://www.geekologie.com/2007/08/14/dragon-bag-1.jpg

blu2xtreme
01-13-2010, 11:51 PM
Cool! Wish I had something exciting to post but today is a rest day.

Did ya hear about the fire breathing dragon that was climbing on my thigh yesterday?

In the first post I had a very different idea of what you were talking about ...damn I need some soon:hypno:

gman
01-14-2010, 09:34 AM
In the first post I had a very different idea of what you were talking about ...damn I need some soon:hypno:

I don't know the equivalent to the gecko for a guy, but whatever it is, I need it too.

GirlyMuscle
01-14-2010, 09:36 AM
I think Blu was thinking the mighty Australian Anaconda. That's one creepy crawlie I'm not afraid of. ;)

Sledge
01-14-2010, 09:37 AM

I'm sure you can find someone to release the lizard.

blu2xtreme
01-14-2010, 10:30 AM
I don't know the equivalent to the gecko for a guy, but whatever it is, I need it too.

Isn't married life great ...I'm sure my soon to be single life won't be that easy either

I think Blu was thinking the mighty Australian Anaconda. That's one creepy crawlie I'm not afraid of. ;)
Yes , that would be it ;)

I'm sure you can find someone to release the lizard.

Might be going through a dry spell on lizards for a while ...but I am sure there is a special one out there waiting:p

gman
01-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Sex in my marriage is pretty rare! sadly enough

GirlyMuscle
01-14-2010, 12:02 PM
I would like to explain my "location" as listed on RXMUSCLE.

In a realm of all possibilities.

Life changes constantly. And we're only here for a very short time. I think we should be open to life and all the possibilities it can give us. Never think that you can't have something or achieve something. Nothing is beyond your reach. Fear is the only thing preventing you from making your dreams come true. Don;t think about all the little details you need to accomplish to get to the goal. Just start out on the path and keep your eyes focused on the goal. Jump the hurdles when they present themselves. Right the course when you go astray. And in the end you just might make it to you destination or better yet to a new place that's even better than your wildest dreams.

A BIG thank you to one of my best friends George (mman47) for teaching me how to live in a realm of all possibilities.

blu2xtreme
01-14-2010, 12:11 PM
I love that...tears now dripping down my face
but tears of a hope of a new life

GirlyMuscle
01-14-2010, 12:31 PM
That's what it's all about, Honey.

People question the meaning of life. I think the meaning of life, of our existance, is to experience and enjoy all that we can while we're here. The good and the bad. And we have to be open to it all. Experience it, let it pass through us, keep what we need and in some cases move on. Life is to be experienced and enjoyed in whatever way means something to you and never let doubts and fears keep you from those experiences. Crash through them, live through them. Good stuff is on the other side. I truly believe that.

AS my good friend Sue posted on facebook this week......"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOOHOO! What a ride!"

GirlyMuscle
01-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Ok...All that being said I must get to bed. It's 1:40am and there's a hot Australian man in bed waiting for me. {{hugs}} good night all!

joedemarco
01-14-2010, 03:19 PM

Life changes constantly. And we're only here for a very short time. I think we should be open to life and all the possibilities it can give us. Never think that you can't have something or achieve something. Nothing is beyond your reach. Fear is the only thing preventing you from making your dreams come true. Don;t think about all the little details you need to accomplish to get to the goal. Just start out on the path and keep your eyes focused on the goal. Jump the hurdles when they present themselves. Right the course when you go astray. And in the end you just might make it to you destination or better yet to a new place that's even better than your wildest dreams.

A BIG thank you to one of my best friends George (mman47) for teaching me how to live in a realm of all possibilities.

Great post, GM...thanks for sharing that!

tight booty
01-15-2010, 05:33 AM
Check all the doors before you close them. ;) Trust me, dead geckos with their body in half wriggling away is really gross and upsetting....

tight booty
01-15-2010, 05:34 AM

Beautifully said!

Baldiewonkanobi
01-15-2010, 05:48 AM
I had to reach half way round the globe to find someone awake in another time zone. Been up since 2 am here in L.A. with head to toe arthritis. Glad I found the above entries. Thanx. Rarely do I have any 'doubts and fears', as you posted, as I travel now into my 70th year....except something has all but 2-3 times prevented me from closing the deal in the last few weeks before I go on stage. I have most often coasted in to the finish and came up short. Mr. Second place was my destination it seemed. The few times I narrowly focused, cast all doubts and fear aside, I won the sucker. This time I will be dialed in to the finish. Life is too fleeting not to relish in the journey, even with pain. Don't think I have ever had sooooo much fun. The mirror is again my friend, my validation of not only a life of struggle but one of amazement.

G'day Girly

Baldie

GirlyMuscle
01-15-2010, 06:10 AM
Ah yes, Baldie...exactly how I feel. While I might not ever "coast into the finish" I expect a better finish this year. And the year after that and the year after that....

Mac
01-15-2010, 07:38 AM
Ok...All that being said I must get to bed. It's 1:40am and there's a hot Australian man in bed waiting for me. {{hugs}} good night all!

Why did you f'n wait until 1:40 am to join him? Damn, I get impatient with my girl when it's 9pm. :dunno:

Sledge must be a patient guy. I am sure you made up for the wait.

GirlyMuscle
01-15-2010, 07:53 AM
Hey...when you f*ck off and on all day what difference does it make when I go to bed to sleep?

Mac
01-15-2010, 07:59 AM
Oh, going to sleep. Different story now.

gman
01-15-2010, 10:12 AM
who needs sleep with the right person next to you?

sleep is for sissies

blu2xtreme
01-15-2010, 10:21 AM

sleep is for sissies

Never sleep
just me
all alone
:babygirl:

Gaoshang Xiongshou
01-15-2010, 10:23 AM

sleep is for sissies

I regularly need a nap after training, and this is in addition to the seven hours of sleep that I get from the night before. On the days when I cannot have it (like today, for instance), missing it really shows.

Ninja Loco
01-15-2010, 11:42 AM
I regularly need a nap after training, and this is in addition to the seven hours of sleep that I get from the night before. On the days when I cannot have it (like today, for instance), missing it really shows.
Damn bro, Im teh jeluz. With this sleep apnea as bad as I have it I get maybe 20 minutes of REM sleep for every hour Im under. I am constantly sleepy all day long and sometimes fall asleep while driving. Makes it hella hard to recover too.

GirlyMuscle
01-15-2010, 02:51 PM
3:46am Australia time. I can't sleep.

Work out today was ...annoying to say the least. Back day and MAX-OT had us starting with 50 bodyweight pullups. You do as many as you can, rest and do more. Repeat until you reach 50. Well, I can't haul my fat arse up for even one bodyweight pullup so I had to have it on assisted. Only one plate. It took me 30 minutes and 11 sets to get 50 pullups out. By that point I was so irritated I couldn't enjoy the rest of my workout. i'm not even bothering to post it. I'm going to hate back day for the next month.

Had our cheat meal tonight. We had yummy fat steaks, crusty bread with butter, ice cream and cookies. I'm going keto tomorrow. I can't take the weight gain.

SallyAnne
01-15-2010, 02:56 PM
3:46am Australia time. I can't sleep.

Work out today was ...annoying to say the least. Back day and MAX-OT had us starting with 50 bodyweight pullups. You do as many as you can, rest and do more. Repeat until you reach 50. Well, I can't haul my fat arse up for even one bodyweight pullup so I had to have it on assisted. Only one plate. It took me 30 minutes and 11 sets to get 50 pullups out. By that point I was so irritated I couldn't enjoy the rest of my workout. i'm not even bothering to post it. I'm going to hate back day for the next month.

Had our cheat meal tonight. We had yummy fat steaks, crusty bread with butter, ice cream and cookies. I'm going keto tomorrow. I can't take the weight gain.

It will get easier. Think how great your back is going to look!

gman
01-15-2010, 03:03 PM
I remember the days when it took me 10-12 sets to do 50

4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 2, etc. It gets easier!

GirlyMuscle
01-16-2010, 10:04 AM
ok...ok..I'll post it up...

Pullups
11 sets to do 50 reps. blech

Close grip Pulldowns
1x6@57 (125)
1X6@67 (148)

Bent Over BB Rows
1x6@70 (154)
1x5@70 (154)

Hyperextensions
2x6@20 (44)
1X6@25 (55)

Gotta go higher next time. Sledge struggled with how to hold a DB when doin these. I just grabbed it around the grip and knocked them out. We figured out that it was easier for me since I have little hobbit hands. He had a hard time gripping the grips with two paws. Gotta go higher next time.

Wrist curls
1x8@ 17.5 (38.5)
[email protected] (49.6)

I can curl these but I have tendonitis and arthritis in my wrists and hands and it hurt in a bad way...not the good DOMs way.

Standing DB wrist curls
2x8@10 (22)

Today....shoulders and traps

Barbell Military Press (Smith)
3x10@10 (22)
1x3@20 ( 44)
1x3@30 (66)
1x6@40 (88)
2x6@45 (99)

Seated DB Press
1x6@25 (55)

Couldn't do it without Sledge's spot on the first one.

DB Side Laterals
2x6@10 (22)

Could do more in the last workouts but that was because side lats were earlier in the workout. I was fried by this point.

DB shrugs
[email protected] (72)

Tomorrow is chest day. Sledge can't train chest since he has a tear in his rotator cuff plus he has a bike rally in the morning. So I'll bike to the gym in the morning.....(sunday..close at 1pm) and knock it out.

Bob45
01-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Looks good!

tight booty
01-17-2010, 12:56 AM
Are you going to keep doing the wrist curls Girlymuscle?

GirlyMuscle
01-17-2010, 01:11 AM
Yep. It's a part of the plan. Who knows..maybe it'll help strengthen my weak wrists.

tight booty
01-17-2010, 01:20 AM
Yep. It's a part of the plan. Who knows..maybe it'll help strengthen my weak wrists.
I am sure it will. I don't believe in gloves, I believe that the wrist/hands needs to get stronger to accomodate the weights. But what about your arthritis? Will the wrist curls make this more painful?

GirlyMuscle
01-17-2010, 01:49 AM
Actually, the arthritis part doesn't hurt. About 15 years ago when I was doing nails I had lots of issues with my hands and wrists. I saw a specialist who told me I had tendonitis and the beginnings of arthritis. Since I haven't done nails in a few years the tendonitis has gotten better. I don't believe the pain I had before was from arthritis. I guess he could see that in the xrays. The only time I have pain is if I try to do someone's nails, the pain comes right back. Or when I do wrist curls obviously.

tight booty
01-17-2010, 02:04 AM
Actually, the arthritis part doesn't hurt. About 15 years ago when I was doing nails I had lots of issues with my hands and wrists. I saw a specialist who told me I had tendonitis and the beginnings of arthritis. Since I haven't done nails in a few years the tendonitis has gotten better. I don't believe the pain I had before was from arthritis. I guess he could see that in the xrays. The only time I have pain is if I try to do someone's nails, the pain comes right back. Or when I do wrist curls obviously.
Dam, now I feel sorry for nail technicians. Not good to hear Girlymuscle, but glad to hear the pain has gone away for the most part.

gman
01-17-2010, 07:38 AM
I guess that means you won't be able to do my nails when we meet?

Hope you have fun at the workout today. Sounds nice to be able to bike over to the gym in the summer sun!

Is that heat wave still going on down there?

Sledge
01-17-2010, 07:47 AM
Was 109 degrees today and no evening breeze. sucks

GirlyMuscle
01-17-2010, 08:05 AM
I didn't go to the gym today. Sledge had a motorcycle rally so I would have had to bike. No way was I biking in 100+F heat.

gman
01-17-2010, 08:11 AM
but it would have lowered the heat index to 101 with the self created breeze!

Bob45
01-17-2010, 09:02 AM
I hope those wrists get better for you. The bad kind of pain sometimes gets even worse fighting through it. It always seems to for me.

Mac
01-17-2010, 11:08 AM
Was 109 degrees today and no evening breeze. sucks

There is still 2 feet of snow on the ground here. But at least half of it melted this week. I will stick with the snow, that's f'n hot!

GirlyMuscle
01-17-2010, 08:45 PM
It is. Someone woke me up at 8am (although I'm not complaining about HOW he woke me up ;) ) and I'm already sweating.

I started back on keto today in full force. I was going to go another 2-3 weeks on this bulk/off season but I've reached my breaking point weightwise. So cardio will have to be post workout in the air conditioning of the gym. It's simply too hot to do anything outside. I'll post up later.

FitnFirm
01-17-2010, 10:18 PM
WTF you move threads and dont post it in the old one ? :mad:

Ninja Loco
01-17-2010, 10:20 PM
*sniff sniff*.....I smell large boobages.......

tight booty
01-17-2010, 10:57 PM
It is. Someone woke me up at 8am (although I'm not complaining about HOW he woke me up ;) ) and I'm already sweating.

I started back on keto today in full force. I was going to go another 2-3 weeks on this bulk/off season but I've reached my breaking point weightwise. So cardio will have to be post workout in the air conditioning of the gym. It's simply too hot to do anything outside. I'll post up later.
I wish I was getting woking up that way.....:(

GirlyMuscle
01-17-2010, 11:24 PM
Just got in from the gym. It was a bicep/tricep day but I couldn't do the weights I'd normally do because my forearms and wrists hurt really bad...in the bad way. So I'm dropping wrist curls and such. Did 20 min of cardio after training. I started back on keto today as well. I can't take any more weight gain. I'm not even going to tell y'all what I weigh right now. It's disgusting that what took 6 months to lose can come back in less than 8 weeks. I guess I have to resign myself to the fact that if I don't want to be a lardarse I'll have to diet forever. :mad:

GirlyMuscle
01-17-2010, 11:26 PM
WTF you move threads and dont post it in the old one ? :mad:

The other thread is a general bullshit thread more than a training journal but then this training journal has became a general bullshit thread as well. I figured why not hang out with the other oldie but goodies over here in masters?

tight booty
01-17-2010, 11:31 PM
Just got in from the gym. It was a bicep/tricep day but I couldn't do the weights I'd normally do because my forearms and wrists hurt really bad...in the bad way. So I'm dropping wrist curls and such. Did 20 min of cardio after training. I started back on keto today as well. I can't take any more weight gain. I'm not even going to tell y'all what I weigh right now. It's disgusting that what took 6 months to lose can come back in less than 8 weeks. I guess I have to resign myself to the fact that if I don't want to be a lardarse I'll have to diet forever. :mad:
Unfortunately the body stores food after you have dieted for a comp. It must think you are going to starve it again....the body is very smart! And I think it is especially true so when doing a keto diet. I noticed that if I deprive myself of carbs for long enough, then everytime I ate them my body gained fluid and held onto fat for dear life. I found carb cycling much better for my body and not so much weight gain in the off season.

GirlyMuscle
01-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Carb cycling totally fucks up my head. I'll become a complete psycho compared to just being only half psycho.

GirlyMuscle
01-17-2010, 11:46 PM
So last night we went to bed and I was really tired and fell asleep pretty fast. I dreamt that Curt James and I climbed this ladder and at the top was a crossbow. I said not to touch it but he just HAD to touch it and accidently set it off. The dart that flew out of it had a heat seeking missle thing on it and when it didn't find anything in front of us it turned around and started coming at us. I climbed down the ladder and started to ruin but it hit me in the hamstring and implanted a tiny gps tracker in my leg. Damn you, Curt James!

At that point I rolled over and woke up and started telling Sledge all about it. He just laughed at me and called me a weirdo.

tight booty
01-17-2010, 11:56 PM
So last night we went to bed and I was really tired and fell asleep pretty fast. I dreamt that Curt James and I climbed this ladder and at the top was a crossbow. I said not to touch it but he just HAD to touch it and accidently set it off. The dart that flew out of it had a heat seeking missle thing on it and when it didn't find anything in front of us it turned around and started coming at us. I climbed down the ladder and started to ruin but it hit me in the hamstring and implanted a tiny gps tracker in my leg. Damn you, Curt James!

At that point I rolled over and woke up and started telling Sledge all about it. He just laughed at me and called me a weirdo.
I had a dream about the aussie pro. Dreamed it was held in Townsville not Melbourne and that I was staying in a carvan park (wtf) next to these boutiques and I was thinking "I hope I get time to go shopping". Then I was looking in my suitcase for something to wear to the show and remembered "heels and low cut"....HAHA Silly dream....but I woke up excited about the aussie pro! :)

tight booty
01-17-2010, 11:58 PM
Carb cycling totally fucks up my head. I'll become a complete psycho compared to just being only half psycho.
It keeps me sane. I got leaner and better when I did the carb cycling during my prep! I think my body released fat when it realised I was giving it carbs. Of course it's when you eat them and what carbs you eat. I always ate fibrous green veges and chicken or fish for dinner in the evenings. Every third night though I was allowed two slices of sweet pot with my meal on my high carb day. The next day it was low carbs and then the next was medium carbs and then it repeated!

Curt James
01-18-2010, 12:03 AM

This is the typical response I get from women. :dunno:

Strangely enough, however, I was using my GPS around the same time you were having your dream! I love my Garmin.

:yep:

Weirdo. :hmn:

:)

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2010, 12:16 AM
Sledge said I rolled over and out of the blue said, Curt James just shot me with a crossbow and implanted a tracking chip in my hamstring. He said, fucking what??? I guess he didn't realize I had fallen asleep. So I had to recount the entire dream.

btw...I love my Garmin, too. I looked up the maps for Australia and they wanted $150! Hell, that's what the Garmin cost in the first place!

Ninja Loco
01-18-2010, 12:53 AM
Never did trust Curt around any sort of weapon.......

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2010, 01:02 AM
Especially, a heat seeking, gps implanting, crossbow.

vboissiere
01-18-2010, 05:40 AM
I wish I was getting woking up that way.....:(

I wish I were waking someone up like that... :yep:

vboissiere
01-18-2010, 05:43 AM

That is strange on so many different levels...

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2010, 05:46 AM
Dreams. They are weird.

AVBG
01-18-2010, 05:53 AM
Both you and TB have had weird dreams lately lol!

Baldiewonkanobi
01-18-2010, 06:44 AM
Good grief...I don't live that far from South Pasadena and do shopping there...should I be concerened? But So Pas to Oz....thats a stretch.

Baldie

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2010, 06:51 AM
Just look out for Curt James...he's deadly with a crossbow.

Mac
01-18-2010, 06:56 AM
Good morning GM or should I say good evening.

tight booty
01-18-2010, 07:00 AM
Both you and TB have had weird dreams lately lol!
Yeah I know Alex. Hopefully I have a better dream tonight. I didn't like how I was staying at a caravan park in my dream and how the aussie pro show was in Townsville instead of Melbourne.....:p But I guess its better than dreaming about Curt coming after me with a crossbow. :yep:

AVBG
01-18-2010, 07:13 AM
Lol, you are too much!

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2010, 07:14 AM
Just had a new fish.....barramundi....quite good. Mild white fish. I can imagine breaded and plunked inside a sandwich...yum! Sledge made it with red capsicum (red bell peppers) and oinions and mushrooms wrapped in foil on the grill. Quite yummy. I know I shouldn't have had the red capsicums on ketp but oh well...

AVBG
01-18-2010, 07:19 AM
Barra is the best fish ever! tried croc yet? Un-bloody-real on keto

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2010, 07:30 AM
I have not had croc...although I have had alligator in the USA. I also haven't had kangaroo yet....

Baldiewonkanobi
01-18-2010, 07:38 AM
You must have a very large barbee....

YouTube- Barramundi Fishing Australia

Baldie

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2010, 07:41 AM
Sledge bought them at the market. Each piece was probably 8 ozs. More than I should have had but I wasn't going to pass it up!

tight booty
01-18-2010, 07:43 AM
Just had a new fish.....barramundi....quite good. Mild white fish. I can imagine breaded and plunked inside a sandwich...yum! Sledge made it with red capsicum (red bell peppers) and oinions and mushrooms wrapped in foil on the grill. Quite yummy. I know I shouldn't have had the red capsicums on ketp but oh well...
I'm having barramundi tomorrow night for dinner. I felt like chicken tonight....:p I only like the barramundi caught from the ocean. They also have fresh water barramundi and I hate that....very tasteles and yuck just turns me off fish in general if I think about fresh water barra...:dunno:

AnglicanBeachParty
01-18-2010, 07:51 AM

That's hilarious - I love it!

GeminiJedi
01-18-2010, 10:12 PM
I had fish tonight...but it wasn't so good so now I have to find something else to cook :(

GirlyMuscle
01-20-2010, 05:51 AM
Today was a day off from the gym so we went to a small zoo. I FINALLY got to meet kangaroos!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/IMGP3437.jpg

vboissiere
01-20-2010, 05:53 AM

I look a lot better doing it, but feel as you described. Not a good situation to be in.

vboissiere
01-20-2010, 05:54 AM
Today was a day off from the gym so we went to a small zoo. I FINALLY got to meet kangaroos!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/IMGP3437.jpg

There's a lot of free protein running around in that place!!! :drool:

GirlyMuscle
01-20-2010, 06:05 AM
I know, right? I still haven't tried kangaroo meat but I will. :)

vboissiere
01-20-2010, 06:10 AM
I know, right? I still haven't tried kangaroo meat but I will. :)

How are the prices?!?

I know it's a huge export to Russia. Since it's basically free range, I'm sure the quality and fat content are bother good.

GirlyMuscle
01-20-2010, 06:14 AM
Sledge was feeding the ostrich who got a little pushy. First he stole the feed bag right out of his hand and then he tried to eat Sledge. I have it on video, too.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/IMGP3481.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/IMGP3483.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/IMGP3484.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/IMGP3485.jpg

GirlyMuscle
01-20-2010, 06:15 AM
How are the prices?!?

I know it's a huge export to Russia. Since it's basically free range, I'm sure the quality and fat content are bother good.

I don't know. We keep looking at the grocerers and butchers and haven't seen any.

Mac
01-20-2010, 06:26 AM
Sledge was feeding the ostrich who got a little pushy. First he stole the feed bag right out of his hand and then he tried to eat Sledge. I have it on video, too.

I remember as a child getting attacked by an Ostrich at the local zoo. To this day I won't go near one. Luckily they are easy to avoid.

Hope you had a good day Girly.

Sledge
01-20-2010, 06:28 AM
I often identify GM in a crowd by her hair. Sometimes I get confused and lose her.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/IMGP3477.jpg

buckimscl
01-20-2010, 06:31 AM
Just wanted to check in GM. Sledge, that's funny!

GirlyMuscle
01-22-2010, 09:57 PM
Back and Forearms (from Thursday)

Pullups
50 reps in 6 sets (took me 11 sets last time)

Close Grip Pulldowns
1x6@67 (147.7)
1x6@69 (152)

Bent Over Barbell Rows
2x6@70 (154)

(I'm no barbellbarbie but I'm happy with that...taking it up 5kgs next time)

Hyperextensions holding a DB
1x6@30 (66)
[email protected] (72)

Switched back to standing bb wrist curls and DB wrist curls on a bench since these hurt my wrists less.

Standing BB wrist curls
2x10@20 (44)

DB bench wrist curls
[email protected] (27.5)

30 min on treadmill

blu2xtreme
01-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Those pics are to dang funny :yep:

GirlyMuscle
01-23-2010, 01:31 AM
Shoulders and traps

Military Pres
w/u
3x10@20 (44)

acclimation
[email protected] (49.5)
1x3@25 (55)

working sets
1x6@40 (88)
2x6@6@45 (99)

Seated Db Press
1x6@25 (55)

Side laterals
2x6@10 (22)

Barbell Shrugs
2x12@80 (176)

30 min cardio on treadmill

We went to the big tree forrests in the southern part of Western Australis over the last two days. The Australian version of big trees (compared to the redwoods and sequoias of the USA and Canada) are the Karri, Jarrah and Tingle trees. Most reach a height of over 80-100m (260-320 feet) in height and are hundreds and hundreds of years old. We came across one that was a climbing tree. Appreantly, firemen used to climb up to a a lookout on top and watch for brushfires. This one had a lookout at 60m (197 feet) high. No way was I going up there but Sledge has no fear so off he went. I only got to the 4th rung. LOL The first three are Sledge climbing. The next are his view from the lookout.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/Australia/IMGP3539.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/Australia/IMGP3558.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/Australia/IMGP3529.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/Australia/IMGP3536.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/Australia/IMG_3588.jpg

GirlyMuscle
01-23-2010, 01:34 AM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/Australia/IMG_3590.jpg

Looking down....

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/Australia/IMG_3589.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/Australia/IMG_3593.jpg

As high as I was willing to go. I know....sometimes I'm a sissy girl.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/Australia/18967_1304984698528_1047830936_3093.jpg

GirlyMuscle
01-23-2010, 01:38 AM
More big trees...

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/Australia/IMGP3549.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/Australia/IMGP3546.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/Australia/IMGP3568.jpg

GirlyMuscle
01-23-2010, 01:41 AM
This is a Giant Tingle tree. The bottoms get burned out by fire yet the outer shell continues to grow and the tree grows as normal.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/Australia/IMGP3572.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/Australia/IMGP3573.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/Australia/IMGP3574.jpg

tight booty
01-23-2010, 02:45 AM
Girlymuscle, when you and sledge are in melbourne you should go to the Dandenong Mountains....it's so beautiful there...I love Sherbrooke forest! You will see some massive trees there...I have many happy memories from that place. :)

tight booty
01-23-2010, 02:48 AM

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/IMGP3481.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/IMGP3483.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/IMGP3484.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/IMGP3485.jpg
The wildlife in Australia is all pushy and very forward! I think that is what I love about it here...the creatures are amazing, they have such character...they are never boring!
Ostrich's love coke cola too.....:p

GirlyMuscle
01-23-2010, 02:55 AM
You do know Ostrichs are African right? When we were walking through the Karri Forrest an emu came crashing through the foliage. Sledge said the males do that to direct you away from the chicks. We didn't search for the chicks though. I wish I could have gotten a pic but it all happened so fast. BTW....I want a kanga as a pet. I asked Sledge if I could have one at the block when the house is built and he said yes if we constructed higher enough fences that were feral proof. That costs a lot to do 170 acres but it's not out of the question. I wanted to hug the ones at the petting zoo but I was happy just to pet and feed them. (but I still wanna eat one)

tight booty
01-23-2010, 03:26 AM
You do know Ostrichs are African right? When we were walking through the Karri Forrest an emu came crashing through the foliage. Sledge said the males do that to direct you away from the chicks. We didn't search for the chicks though. I wish I could have gotten a pic but it all happened so fast. BTW....I want a kanga as a pet. I asked Sledge if I could have one at the block when the house is built and he said yes if we constructed higher enough fences that were feral proof. That costs a lot to do 170 acres but it's not out of the question. I wanted to hug the ones at the petting zoo but I was happy just to pet and feed them. (but I still wanna eat one)
No, you have a choice....you can either have one for a pet or eat one! What do you choose? :dunno:
Think of those sweet little eyes.....

GirlyMuscle
01-23-2010, 03:33 AM
Oh I'll eat them. I think white tailed deer are adorable too but I eat them. I just can't eat the one I decide to keep as a pet. All others...trust me...I can eat. :D

tight booty
01-23-2010, 04:32 AM
Oh I'll eat them. I think white tailed deer are adorable too but I eat them. I just can't eat the one I decide to keep as a pet. All others...trust me...I can eat. :D
I think if you have one as a pet, then you won't want to eat them.

GirlyMuscle
01-23-2010, 04:40 AM
Yes I will. Just because I own a chicken doesn't mean I won't eat chickens. I love cats and I still eat Chinese....

tight booty
01-23-2010, 04:44 AM
Yes I will. Just because I own a chicken doesn't mean I won't eat chickens. I love cats and I still eat Chinese....
I think Chinese mostly cook up stray dogs here.

GirlyMuscle
01-23-2010, 04:58 AM
Vietnamese/Korean are dogs...Chinese are cats.

tight booty
01-23-2010, 05:06 AM
Vietnamese/Korean are dogs...Chinese are cats.
Mmmmmm well luckily for me I only eat their duck....:p

GirlyMuscle
01-23-2010, 05:13 AM
It's really cat. Just like the so called "chicken."

tight booty
01-23-2010, 05:19 AM
it's really cat. Just like the so called "chicken."
haha..

Bob45
01-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Great pictures. Nice workout.

gman
01-23-2010, 10:00 AM
it's all protein!

tight booty
01-23-2010, 08:19 PM
it's all protein!
Yes and so are bugs and spiders that crawl into your mouth, when you are sleeping......and I don't want those either!

bodyhard
01-23-2010, 10:42 PM

LMFAO!!!!! That was fucking hilarious!

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Leg day

Squats

w/u sets
3x10@40 (88)

acclimation
1x3@60 (132)
1x3@70 (154)

working sets
1x6@90 (198)
1x6@95 (209)
1x6@100 (220)
1x6@105 (231)

Lunges with barbell
2x6@40 (88)

Stiff Leg Deadlift
2x6@60 (132)

Calf presses on Leg press
2x12@105 (231)

Calf presses on the stupid lifestyle press thingie
2x10@120 (265)

Squats were great....nice and deep and strong. Weights went way up. SLDL were pathetic and sucked arse. With my knees locked, driving from hips, I can't touch the weight to the ground. Lunges with a barbell felt stupid light but I can't balance more weight. I get very frustrated and irritable with new exercises because I think I should be able to do them and I can't.

Also did 30 min of pre-breakfast cardio and 30 min post workout cardio. I f*cking hate cutting and it seems like I'll have to do it forever or stay fat.

fatbackgoal
01-24-2010, 12:35 AM
Looking good. Seems like life down under suits you well.

blu2xtreme
01-24-2010, 12:36 AM
Lunges and I don't love each other - I have never tried bb lunges - I'm sure I am way to clumsy for those. I do well with SLDL - I am pretty flexible so that helps with those. I will always be on a tight diet ...I just know my body...but it's worth it.

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2010, 12:40 AM
I'm not sure it's worth it anymore. I can't remember the last time I felt good in my body. Oh yes...I do....there was about 48 hours in November. Before that it was years ago.

Ninja Loco
01-24-2010, 12:44 AM
What in the holy hell are you talking about???

blu2xtreme
01-24-2010, 12:54 AM
I'm not sure it's worth it anymore. I can't remember the last time I felt good in my body. Oh yes...I do....there was about 48 hours in November. Before that it was years ago.

Hell yes it is ... you are amazing

I wouldn't change who I have become for anything ...the hard work and controlled eating is worth it.

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2010, 01:08 AM
What in the holy hell are you talking about???

Bulking does not agree with me. Then again neither does dieting. Bulking makes me look gross. Dieting makes me feel gross.

Sledge
01-24-2010, 01:13 AM
Women have a psychological disorder.

I can't think of one man that ever looked in the mirror and thought oh no my ankles are fat.

Ninja Loco
01-24-2010, 01:14 AM
She's right, Erin...... you're amazing. One of the few people that inpires me.

Ninja Loco
01-24-2010, 01:16 AM

I can't think of one man that ever looked in the mirror and thought oh no my ankles are fat.
Isnt that all too typical.....a normal woman goes "oh no Im too big", our women go "oh no Im not big enough".

We cant win.

Sledge
01-24-2010, 01:20 AM
I do like that I can say. Wow your thighs look huge today and not get slapped.

Ninja Loco
01-24-2010, 01:22 AM
Yeah there is that.....

blu2xtreme
01-24-2010, 01:22 AM

Mike would...he's more obsessed with back fat and abs:p

tight booty
01-24-2010, 02:48 AM
Bulking does not agree with me. Then again neither does dieting. Bulking makes me look gross. Dieting makes me feel gross.
What about a middle ground for the moment??? If you are feeling gross, maybe just cut back on the bulk a little until you find a happy place where you are gaining muscle but not too much bodyfat?

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2010, 03:26 AM
I decided to just get back to dieting. I am keto but nothing dramatic like T3 or clen. Still going to do cheat meals. I don't even have a goal in mind. Just keep lifting, eating clean, suffer through the cardio and see where it takes me.

CoCoCat
01-24-2010, 03:26 AM

No No GM!! Don't talk like that! It is worth it, it has to be, I think you even told me it was earlier! As hard as you're working, you've got to be seeing results that are just freakin' unreal already!! This is just the keto brain-deadness talking, right? Right? Please?

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2010, 03:32 AM
No...I just started back on keto. What it is is that I have put on too much fat since my comp and I'm feeling it. I don't like how I look...again. Thats all. I'm thinking in the future maybe I should just be happy with the muscle I have and forget bulking. It's really a mindfuck for me.

Keto works. I just hate dieting. I'm in Australia and I have to worry about what I can and can't have. Seems to be the story of my life. I can't just go with the flow and that bothers me sometimes.

tight booty
01-24-2010, 03:46 AM
No...I just started back on keto. What it is is that I have put on too much fat since my comp and I'm feeling it. I don't like how I look...again. Thats all. I'm thinking in the future maybe I should just be happy with the muscle I have and forget bulking. It's really a mindfuck for me.

Keto works. I just hate dieting. I'm in Australia and I have to worry about what I can and can't have. Seems to be the story of my life. I can't just go with the flow and that bothers me sometimes.
That's bodybuilding for you! But it will be worth it Girlymuscle....just stick with it and all the sacrifice will pay off. I believe it's just what we have to do to be the best we can! :) You can have a cheat meal in Melbourne at the Aussie Pro.....:p Melbourne has awesome food....

CoCoCat
01-24-2010, 03:47 AM
You haven't put on fat, you've put on "pre-muscle"!! Cutting and keto turn it into muscle. And you've got Sledge there to help you through the strangeness of Australia and the food. I'm jealous.

(Listen to me talking like I know! I'm really just trying to make you laugh so you can step back and relax. I talk like this to my tennis partners when they are down and out too - just to get them to take a deep breath and get back on track.)

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2010, 04:13 AM
I appreciate that. I just get grumpy when I'm carrying 30 pounds of fat and none of my clothes fit and my belly is protruding.

tight booty
01-24-2010, 05:06 AM
I appreciate that. I just get grumpy when I'm carrying 30 pounds of fat and none of my clothes fit and my belly is protruding.
You're kind of describing a Koala, except for the grumpy part....they are very mellow! :)

Bob45
01-24-2010, 09:53 AM
Good strong squats!

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2010, 11:02 PM
chest day

barbell bench press
w/u sets
3x10@30 (66)

aclimation sets
1x3@40 (88)
1x3@50 (110)

working sets
1x6@60 (132)
1x6@65 (143)
[email protected] (149)

Incline bench
1x6@50 (110)
1x6@55 (121)

Weighted dips
2x6@BW

Leg Raises
2x12@BW

Cable Crunches
[email protected] (63)

REgualr old everyday crunches
3x20@no weight

15 min treadmill
15 min step/elliptical thingie

Feeling better today. I realize that a part of my problem is comparing myself to bbers and not every day people. I'm really not fat compared to the average person but then again that's not saying a helluva a lot these days. ;)

So....tomorrow is Australia Day. It's Australia's Independance Day although they got their independance with a vote instead of a war. So we're having our cheat meal. I started thinking about what we'd have a couple of days ago. Cheat meals to Sledge must always contain ice cream and donuts. So I decided we'd make dirty bananas in addition. Then today at the gym I was thinking about that big juicy burger Suzanne posted up and I decided I want I a fat juicy burger on a crusty roll with grilled onions, grilled mushrooms and swiss cheese. And fried (not baked) sweet potato fries. Plus, ice cream and donuts of course.

Ninja Loco
01-24-2010, 11:05 PM
Are these glazed or powdered or cake donuts in the ice cream? Thats important, you know.

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2010, 11:09 PM
I prefer glazed. I don't really like cake donuts. We're getting them from a proper donut shop this week instead of the grocery store. :D Ice cream will be vanilla since I need vanilla for the dirty bananas (ice cream, rum, bananas) and there will be chocolate magic shell. :D I can't wait. It's been a week and a half since our last cheat.

Ninja Loco
01-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Please tell me you're going to use these as sex items and not food.

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2010, 11:16 PM
I don't need to use them as sex items. I sleep with my sex item every night. :D

Well,maybe the bananas can join in.

Ninja Loco
01-24-2010, 11:32 PM
I sleep with my sex item every night.

Me too.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5d/TheHumanHand.jpg/200px-TheHumanHand.jpg

blu2xtreme
01-25-2010, 12:07 AM
I prefer glazed. I don't really like cake donuts. We're getting them from a proper donut shop this week instead of the grocery store. :D Ice cream will be vanilla since I need vanilla for the dirty bananas (ice cream, rum, bananas) and there will be chocolate magic shell. :D I can't wait. It's been a week and a half since our last cheat.

I don't need to use them as sex items. I sleep with my sex item every night. :D

Well,maybe the bananas can join in.

You guys know how to live ...some day I will not be afraid of food and have reg cheats ...I'd prefer a reg sex item to sleep with:p

GirlyMuscle
01-25-2010, 12:19 AM
I have found that one big arsed cheat meal really doesn't hurt my progress even when dieting. I will gain a bit of water so I won't step on the scale for a few days. But by next week I'll still see a drop on the scale.

blu2xtreme
01-25-2010, 12:29 AM
I have found that one big arsed cheat meal really doesn't hurt my progress even when dieting. I will gain a bit of water so I won't step on the scale for a few days. But by next week I'll still see a drop on the scale.

Cool ...any advice on the other problem:dunno:

CoCoCat
01-25-2010, 12:36 AM
I discovered the cheat meal two weeks ago, can't believe what a difference it made to my sanity, and for a very small (if any) blip in my progress. I actually felt harder the next morning, and healthier. Did I mention saner? lol

GirlyMuscle
01-25-2010, 02:27 AM
Yep. That's the point of cheat meals. Well, besides encouraging the whole t4 to t3 production science end of it all....

Blu...my advice....patience.....

Sledge
01-25-2010, 02:51 AM
And my advice is Capt Morgan and a club full of horny men.

GirlyMuscle
01-25-2010, 02:57 AM
Hey Blu...we're having dirty bananas tomorrow and we got Capt Morgan Black in your honor. Come on over....there's enough rum and Sledge to go around. ;)

gman
01-25-2010, 05:54 AM
If I came to Australia, no one here would ever see me again, I am sure of it.

You have enough of that Capt Morgain to go around?

Sledge
01-25-2010, 06:01 AM
Oh you :emb: Stop flirting with me.

gman
01-25-2010, 06:07 AM
Was I that obvious, baby?

GirlyMuscle
01-25-2010, 06:09 AM
Come on over. We're having burgers and donuts and ice cream, too. We can go down to the beach and enjoy the sunset.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/Australia/IMGP3648.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/Australia/IMGP3657.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/Australia/IMGP3667.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/Australia/IMGP3672.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/Australia/IMGP3678.jpg

GirlyMuscle
01-25-2010, 06:28 AM
Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3......

MY Big Sexy (http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/IMGP3586.jpg)

AVBG
01-25-2010, 06:30 AM

Great idea GM.. I am going to do the same this off season but have two cheats a week and keto the rest. I like my headspace when dieting on keto

Sledge
01-25-2010, 06:33 AM
Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3......

MY Big Sexy (http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/IMGP3586.jpg)

Hahah I said I was doing a big sexy pose.

blu2xtreme
01-25-2010, 09:04 AM
And my advice is Capt Morgan and a club full of horny men.
That might work:yep:

Hey Blu...we're having dirty bananas tomorrow and we got Capt Morgan Black in your honor. Come on over....there's enough rum and Sledge to go around. ;)

That is too tempting :hypno:

If I came to Australia, no one here would ever see me again, I am sure of it.

You have enough of that Capt Morgain to go around?

Want to runaway with me...I won't tell anyone ;)

gman
01-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Want to runaway with me...I won't tell anyone ;)

When and where?

blu2xtreme
01-25-2010, 03:24 PM
When and where?

Anytime ... Any place ;)

anything for my coach:p

Sledge
01-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Do Me

When and where

Anytime ... Any place

Fixed

gman
01-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks, Sledge....I think.

GirlyMuscle
01-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Biceps and Triceps

Straight Bar Curls
w/u
[email protected] (27.5)

aclimation sets
1x3@20 (44)
1x3@25 (55)

working sets
[email protected] (71.6)
2x6@35 (77)

DB Curls
1x6@15 (33)
[email protected] (38.5)

Lying Tricep Press
1x6@55 (121)
[email protected] (127)

Seated overhead DB press
1x6@20 (44)
1x6@25 (55)

Tricep Rope Pushdown
[email protected] (46.8)
[email protected] (53)

15 min stepper elliptical thingie
15 recumbant bike

Cheat meal day...I'm stuffed.

vboissiere
01-26-2010, 09:02 AM
What was the cheat meal?!?

Looks like training is going really well.

Biceps and Triceps

Straight Bar Curls
w/u
[email protected] (27.5)

aclimation sets
1x3@20 (44)
1x3@25 (55)

working sets
[email protected] (71.6)
2x6@35 (77)

DB Curls
1x6@15 (33)
[email protected] (38.5)

Lying Tricep Press
1x6@55 (121)
[email protected] (127)

Seated overhead DB press
1x6@20 (44)
1x6@25 (55)

Tricep Rope Pushdown
[email protected] (46.8)
[email protected] (53)

15 recumbant bike

axioma
01-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Biceps and Triceps

Straight Bar Curls
w/u
[email protected] (27.5)

aclimation sets
1x3@20 (44)
1x3@25 (55)

working sets
[email protected] (71.6)
2x6@35 (77)

DB Curls
1x6@15 (33)
[email protected] (38.5)

Lying Tricep Press
1x6@55 (121)
[email protected] (127)

Seated overhead DB press
1x6@20 (44)
1x6@25 (55)

Tricep Rope Pushdown
[email protected] (46.8)
[email protected] (53)

15 recumbant bike

what are aclimation sets? warm-ups? and what are the numbers in parenthesis after weights?

GirlyMuscle
01-26-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm doing MAX-OT as written. Acclimation sets are just sets to get your muscle ready to lift the heavier working sets. I'm an American training in Australia. All the weights here are in kgs. So I log in kgs and post the lbs equivalents in parenthasis'.

Cheat meal was a big greasy burger on a crusty roll with grilled onions, mushrooms and swiss cheese, sweet potato fries, ice cream, donuts and dirty bananas (alcoholic drink with rum, ice cream and bananas). Yum! Next cheat is two weeks away.

Oh...and did I mention I lost 5.4 pounds this week. Mostly water I'm sure.

gman
01-26-2010, 06:43 PM
I hope I can get that meal Friday night in Columbus, damn that sounds good

GirlyMuscle
01-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Today is a day off from weights. I still want to do a little cardio though. Get this keto thing kicking in as fast as I can. We're heading out to the block for a few days so we'll be without internet. Be good peeps, stick to the plan and have fun!

AVBG
01-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Good weight loss GM

HeavyDutyGuy
01-28-2010, 10:30 PM
You're not supposed to be doing cheat meals when you first start the diet! But good start anyway! I agree, no need to put on extra weight. A little, sure, can't be helped.

GirlyMuscle
01-29-2010, 04:06 AM
I'm not dieting like it's contest prep. After all, I AM in Australia on a long vacation.

GirlyMuscle
02-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Doing some soul searching. I wrote this in my blog today.

My Fitness

I really don't know how to put this into words so I'm just going to type as I think. It may end up random and rambling but it is what it is.

I used to be the fat girl. And then I lost weight. I fell in love with bodybuilding in the process and I strove to look like the competitors I admired. I even got there for a couple of weeks. Maybe not as good as them but I got there.

And then I rebounded. I swore it wouldn't happen to me. I swore that since I was aware of what could happen I wouldn't rebound like so many of my friends have. Yet I did. Of course, some of mine was on purpose. I started a bulk cycle and I gained. It's what we expected I'm told and that's true but I don't like it. I've showed those pics...my bulk pics...to a few people and they've said I just look like an off season bodybuilder and if I look at them objectively, it's true. I do look like an off season bodybuilder.

But here's the problem. Off season bodybuilders look fat to me. All this time I've been wanting to look like a bodybuilder I've had the in season look in mind. No one ever posts their off season look. It's very rare to see a woman in off season condition in pics. And that's the look they all walk around with for 80% of the time! How do they do that? That's not what I want. I didn't realize that being a bodybuilder meant looking like a lard ass most of the time. I want to look good all the time! I didn't start working out and changing my eating habits 10 years ago for any other reason than I want to look good.

So I have to decide where I go from here. When I think about when was I the happiest with my body it was when I first lost the fat and got my weight down to a no-muscle 130 pounds. I did maintain that for two years. Don't get me wrong...I love the muscle I built since then but what good is it if it's hidden under fat? What good is all this working out and dieting if I'm still overweight and miserable about how I look? I'm not looking for perfection. I am looking to be happy with what I am....who I am.

Bodybuilding is nothing more than yo-yo dieting. I don't want to spend half the time fat and half the time lean. George (mman47)and I have an analogy about the bodybuilding lifestyle. It's a pendulum swinging...from one side to the other. As far as it swings to one side is as far as it has to swing to the other side. I need to stop the pendulum. Or at least slow it down. I am tired of dieting. I'm tired of the deprivation. I'm tired of the extremes. I just want to be happy and healthy. And not fat.

gman
02-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Erin, I feel the same way sometimes. I am either pigging out or strict dieting. This is not a healthy way to live. I am vowing to never go above 190 ever again. I like how I look right now and would love it to be my off season weight.

I hope you can find a solution that works for you.

buckimscl
02-03-2010, 05:40 AM
Very good Erin. I liked that. I agree with the off season "shape" but to put it kindly.....I guess round is a shape though.

GirlyMuscle
02-03-2010, 05:55 AM
I guess I should state that I haven't stopped training. Sledge and I still hit it hard all last week. Granted, I wasn't my usual cheery self but I was there and I lifted as heavy as I could. I'm still following the nutrition plan.

I've had some good conversations with a couple of people about this over the last week. (thanks SteveG, Ninja Loco and mman47) I think in my quest for balance I will try to gradually take off some of the fat I've put on since my comp but not in any drastic sort of way. I think my days of purposely bulking are over. I mentally can't take it. I may compete again in the future but I can't make it a goal right now. I need a break from the extremes.

buckimscl
02-03-2010, 06:18 AM
Sounds like someone is reaching a comfortable place in life. Glad to hear it Erin.

kimm4
02-03-2010, 07:58 AM
I guess I should state that I haven't stopped training. Sledge and I still hit it hard all last week. Granted, I wasn't my usual cheery self but I was there and I lifted as heavy as I could. I'm still following the nutrition plan.

I've had some good conversations with a couple of people about this over the last week. (thanks SteveG, Ninja Loco and mman47) I think in my quest for balance I will try to gradually take off some of the fat I've put on since my comp but not in any drastic sort of way. I think my days of purposely bulking are over. I mentally can't take it. I may compete again in the future but I can't make it a goal right now. I need a break from the extremes.

Finding the right balance is a good plan Erin, I'm sure you'll be happy. :)

HeavyDutyGuy
02-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Erin, you don't NEED to bukk up in the off season and get more fat than you want. Arnold never looked fat, nor Zane, Robby, etc. Just aint necessary. You're on a better road :).

axioma
02-04-2010, 08:49 AM

Amen to that and the replies. That is a young man's game and, ultimately, a trap with dire consequences. I am doing the Masters the old school, Arnold way. People think I am training for a triathlon right now, getting lean and near fighting weight. Great! I will grow even as I walk on stage, nervous as hell, yes, but rested and healthy and ATHLETIC! You have been at this a long time, you are just arriving at the truth you always knew to be true!

FitnFirm
02-06-2010, 12:16 AM
I can understand your feelings well Erin. Ive never been able to reach the stage condition to even compete. I tried really hard but not hard enough. I wasnt willing to give 110% to get there. I was miserable . Im now just living life the way I want to and I am very happy with myself as MYSELF. I was never meant to be a competitor I just wanted to be healthy and I am.

Ninja Loco
02-06-2010, 12:30 AM
Erin, thanks for the props, hun. I like what Kathy said (or it could be just that I want to see her boobs)..... and I know it all applies to you. What I think you need to do is a mix of both hers and ours advice: just do it for yourself...and then if the bug hits again, compete. Its doing you no good to try and do it all over again when you have so many other things to worry about like what we discussed last time. And you've known me, what? 3-4 years now? Im the exact same way as you when I cut. Remember? I went from cutting to "not cutting", then to recomps.... you like my abs but Im about to come unglued cause I done lost another 2 pounds again EVEN THOUGH Ive lost no size. Im freaking. I dont like doing this. Same as you...... so remember what i said about when I just stopped thinking about it.

BUT... I know Erin. She will compete again. She couldnt stand not to......

FitnFirm
02-07-2010, 06:34 PM
You may like to read this : http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/post_competition_blues.htm

GirlyMuscle
02-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Thanks, hun.

FitnFirm
02-07-2010, 06:39 PM
Thanks, hun.

I know you are talking to me ........ not that boobie hunter right ? :hugme:

GirlyMuscle
02-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Yep, you. Actually, that's me...the article. Nice to know I'm not losing my mind. Now if I could just lose 20 pounds....;)

Conrad
02-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Yep, you. Actually, that's me...the article. Nice to know I'm not losing my mind. Now if I could just lose 20 pounds....;)

Stick with it GM. Your doing a great job here!

GirlyMuscle
02-09-2010, 07:10 AM
HVNp2WXSFgw

Off season back...what do ya think?

SallyAnne
02-09-2010, 09:00 AM
You're a beast!

blu2xtreme
02-16-2010, 12:04 AM
Stopping by to say hi ...hope your having fun and enjoying life:)
Your back is crazy ...hows training and the new goals

GirlyMuscle
02-16-2010, 12:38 AM
Training is really good. I can't believe some of the weights I'm pushing. For instance, I did wide grip lat pulldowns the other day with 170 lbs. Sledge had to pull the weight down so I could sit. It weighed more than I did and I couldn't get it down by myself. LOL I just dangled from the bar. (I'm short so I stand on the seat to wrap my straps and then I couldn't touch the floor without his help) I'm going to get video of that the next time Sledge and I train back. We laughed our arses off!

I also did incline presses with 35kg dumbbells...that's 77 lbs...EACH! 6 solid reps. Squats are 220...nice and deep, too. Yep, I love/hate max-ot. LOL

On the not so good side, every joint hurts. Elbows, wrists, knees...even forearms are painful in a not good way.

I decided to take a different approach to food and dieting. I just can't do keto all the time. I know it works but I'm so fried on it mentally. I decided to go back on carbs and count calories. That way I can get back to a more balanced place mentally. I hate all the restriction all the time. I'm going to save the keto thing for contest prep. And at this point I haven't even gotten close to picking a show yet.

Australia is cool. I may stay a month longer than we'd originally planned. I'd like to wait out the snow in PA. My hometown got 36 inches in the last 2 weeks and I think another storm was rolling in two days ago. I'm thinking April might be safe. LOL

blu2xtreme
02-16-2010, 01:00 AM
Would love to see a video of that:p
being short is rough sometimes but I work around it too
training sounds great would love a spotter to help

Hell I would stay longer too... Not looking forward to the Columbus weather
after our 70's here ... The things I do for a little entertainment is crazy:hypno:

baronsrugby
02-16-2010, 01:11 AM
Sounds like you are doing well. Keep up the good work!

GirlyMuscle
02-16-2010, 04:01 AM
U6pgqKK_F90

Gerb
02-16-2010, 04:23 AM
holy cow! lol, 500grams carbs per potato

GirlyMuscle
02-16-2010, 04:34 AM
OMG,...at least!

I boiled and mashed them, then I preportioned and froze it all.

gman
02-16-2010, 05:33 AM
holy radioactive soil, batman! 4 potatoes in one.

Read how strong you are gettting...that's incredible. I wish I could incline press 77lbs in each hand. Seriously.

freebirdmac
02-16-2010, 08:07 AM
Those are my kind of sweet potatoes!! I always dig for the extra large ones at my store. They're just a tad smaller than the smallest one you held up. When I can find the jumbo ones. Maybe in the states they're just harvested sooner. Most people try to pick out the tiny ones.

Have you made sweet potato fries? They are killer! Even my picky daughter loves them.

freebirdmac
02-16-2010, 08:09 AM
You're a beast!

No kidding!! :)

GirlyMuscle
02-16-2010, 08:17 AM
Those are my kind of sweet potatoes!! I always dig for the extra large ones at my store. They're just a tad smaller than the smallest one you held up. When I can find the jumbo ones. Maybe in the states they're just harvested sooner. Most people try to pick out the tiny ones.

Have you made sweet potato fries? They are killer! Even my picky daughter loves them.

I have but they were a flop. How do you make yours?

Sledge
02-16-2010, 08:25 AM
HVNp2WXSFgw

Off season back...what do ya think?

I'd do ya

GirlyMuscle
02-16-2010, 08:39 AM
I do ya

Fixed for accuracy.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
02-16-2010, 08:40 AM
In for the gangbang.

And the sweet potatoes.

freebirdmac
02-16-2010, 08:41 AM
I have but they were a flop. How do you make yours?

I just poured some olive oil in a bowl, added sea salt, then dipped the cut potatoes. Baked at 400 for 15 minutes, flipped them, then baked for another 15 minutes. My daughter and I like them crispy so next time I'm going to make them thinner, kind of like McDonald's fry size and maybe cooking a bit longer. I put the leftovers from a few days ago back in the over for another 15 plus 10 minutes. Some got pretty darn dark. Black even. And they still tasted good!

I need more practice too. But if I get my picky, picky kid eating them I've accomplished something :)

GirlyMuscle
02-16-2010, 08:43 AM
I had sweet potato fries at a Jimmy Buffet's Cheese Burger in Paradise and they were thin and crispy. I want those.

blu2xtreme
02-16-2010, 08:53 AM

I pick the smaller ones ...if they are bigger I eat half ...I am moving out of that mindset
My daughter loves the sweet potato fries too ...took her a little while before she realized I was not going to make the other kind ever again so she gave up and tried them.

GirlyMuscle
02-16-2010, 08:55 AM
In the USA I buy sweet potatoes that are single serving size. They don't have sweet potatoes like that here. NONE of them are small.

Sledge
02-16-2010, 08:57 AM
NOW I WANT SWEET POTATO FRIES TOO.

And I'm stuck at work eating out of ziploc bags for another three nights.

freebirdmac
02-16-2010, 08:59 AM
The great thing about the big sweet potatoes is you can cook one and have it for several meals. They reheat great in the microwave. But initial cooking must be done in the oven. Microwaved sweet potatoes from raw just aren't the same. I eat a large one every day. I have slightly orange palms to prove it :)

Sledge
02-16-2010, 09:00 AM
In the USA I buy sweet potatoes that are single serving size. They don't have sweet potatoes like that here. NONE of them are small.

We do. Just don't seem to be around at the moment. Usually their are about 4 or 5 different types of sweet potato. They must be out of season at the moment or something. It just seems to be the big ones in the shops at the moment.

blu2xtreme
02-16-2010, 09:00 AM
NOW I WANT SWEET POTATO FRIES TOO.

And I'm stuck at work eating out of ziploc bags for another three nights.

We don't always get what we want ...do we:p

Sledge
02-16-2010, 09:02 AM
No maam. :(

GirlyMuscle
02-16-2010, 09:03 AM
We don't always get what we want ...do we:p

LOL...Quoted for truth.

tight booty
02-16-2010, 09:15 AM
We do. Just don't seem to be around at the moment. Usually their are about 4 or 5 different types of sweet potato. They must be out of season at the moment or something. It just seems to be the big ones in the shops at the moment.
The saying is that "everything is bigger in the USA", so it's odd that our sweet potatoes are bigger than theirs....:p

GirlyMuscle
02-16-2010, 09:20 AM
I had kangaroo steaks the other night. Yum!!!!!

Gaoshang Xiongshou
02-16-2010, 09:30 AM
The saying is that "everything is bigger in the USA", so it's odd that our sweet potatoes are bigger than theirs....:p

Our country is bigger than yours.

So THERE :p

GirlyMuscle
02-16-2010, 09:33 AM
Australia ...1,882,431,500 acres

USA.... 3,537,441 acres

Gaoshang Xiongshou
02-16-2010, 09:38 AM
Well... this is rather embarrassing.

GirlyMuscle
02-16-2010, 09:42 AM
What? That I can outlift you?

Gaoshang Xiongshou
02-16-2010, 09:48 AM

Yeah :o

GirlyMuscle
02-16-2010, 09:51 AM
"What you feel only matters to you. What you do is the only thing that matters to those you say you love." some random tv movie..

gman
02-16-2010, 10:02 AM

yes...me too.

Sledge
02-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Australia ...1,882,431,500 acres

USA.... 3,537,441 acres

That's not right is it. I thought that the USA was the 3rd biggest country area wise and Australia was the 4th.

GirlyMuscle
02-16-2010, 10:33 AM
swpwHR_1Z1Q

Koalas

goodnight!!

gman
02-16-2010, 10:34 AM
I thought Australia and continental US were the same size...but add Alaska in and it almost doubles.

GirlyMuscle
02-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Exactly. Continental USA is a bit bigger than Austrailia but the you have to add in Alaska and Hawaii.

gman
02-16-2010, 10:41 AM
I love that map where they show Alaska laid over top of the lower 48, Alaska takes almost the whole space.

fatbackgoal
02-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Me thinks GM is never coming back.

gman
02-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Me thinks GM is never coming back.

I wouldn't either.