10-31-2010, 06:56 PM
Sorry. Phone wasn't near me. brb

GirlyMuscle
10-31-2010, 07:01 PM
429 Humapro tabs left. :D

GirlyMuscle
11-01-2010, 06:25 AM
Good morning, gang!

One cardio done and working the desk at PF by 6am. Only 2 more cardios, one lift, 8 more hours of work and 7 more meals to go.....

From yesterday morning...

Sledge
11-01-2010, 06:47 AM
it's shrinking NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sledge
11-01-2010, 06:49 AM
429 Humapro tabs left. :D

Oh really? Ya know how many I have left? I have all mine left because I'm storing them in another country.

GirlyMuscle
11-01-2010, 06:50 AM
You're right. You have 3 bottles here and like I said as soon as I can I will ship them. :)

GirlyMuscle
11-01-2010, 06:50 AM
it's shrinking NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's gonna be gone by the time you see it. I'm not stopping the shrinking after the show this time. I'm gonna see just how small I can get it.

Sledge
11-01-2010, 06:57 AM
You know when I pick you up at the airport it's straight to a buffet then.
After airport carpark sex that is.

GirlyMuscle
11-01-2010, 07:03 AM
No way. I'm hoping it'll be before the All States. If so, nothing but chicken and Humapro at that point.

Sledge
11-01-2010, 07:06 AM
I'll arive the day of the show then. Just what I need a psycho, week out, depleted muddleheaded FBB with jetlag a week out of a show.

GirlyMuscle
11-01-2010, 07:07 AM
I want to come over in January. I want to do the entire contest prep with you next time.

axioma
11-01-2010, 01:05 PM
These are my hounds...really rescued.
Zuni, my boy, was found in the woods half starved to death...took us two weeks to gradually coax him out..that was 10 years ago.

Stitch, my "special olympian" chewed through the rope around his neck when he was about 10 weeks old, found him under a bridge.

Maya, our girl, was abused and dumped. It would be really hard for me not to really hurt someone for abusing an animal. We also have had horses.

Sledge
11-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Good for you mate. People who abuse animals need to be abused themselves.

I've also had some abused dogs and a horse before. It's so rewarding to see them change from what they had been forced to become, into happy healthy animals.

axioma
11-01-2010, 01:19 PM
I could go on ad nauseum about this, but this is the ladies space, so I will just say that the process these animals go through, to trust a human again...the tangible question in their eyes, "are you going to abandon me?" rips your guts out. I had to take each of my animals at some point, look them in the eyes and tell them, "you are mine, I am your master and that is that.." I know it sounds crazy, but in every instance, it seemed like a burden was lifted and the animal made their place in the pack. 'nuff said.

GirlyMuscle
11-01-2010, 01:52 PM
We can talk animals, especially dogs, all day. Dogs are the best people. :)

Good on you, Ax! Someday I'd love to foster boo-boo dogs and help them become better.

musclegoddess65
11-01-2010, 01:53 PM
some people should be shot for what they do to animals...

GirlyMuscle
11-04-2010, 08:24 PM
41 cardio sessions to go....

Sledge
11-04-2010, 08:26 PM

LMFAO. That's so you

SallyAnne
11-04-2010, 08:26 PM
These are my hounds...really rescued.
Zuni, my boy, was found in the woods half starved to death...took us two weeks to gradually coax him out..that was 10 years ago.

Stitch, my "special olympian" chewed through the rope around his neck when he was about 10 weeks old, found him under a bridge.

Maya, our girl, was abused and dumped. It would be really hard for me not to really hurt someone for abusing an animal. We also have had horses.

I have 5 dogs - all rescued. :hugme:

Gerb
11-04-2010, 08:28 PM

nope, 25 scheduled as of tomorrow however you will do extra (3rd sessions) and it will end up being 37

GirlyMuscle
11-04-2010, 08:29 PM
LMFAO. That's so you

I went even farther. This morning after morning cardio I counted up how many session I have left. 44 at that time. Times 45 min each. 1980 minutes @ 8 calories burned per minute divided by 3500 calories in a pound...that 44 sessions of cardio is worth 4.52 pounds of fat. :D

GirlyMuscle
11-04-2010, 08:30 PM
When do I stop doing cardio? I thought Thursday.

Gerb
11-04-2010, 08:34 PM
When do I stop doing cardio? I thought Thursday.

one day at a time erin, one day at a time:p

GirlyMuscle
11-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Fuck it. I'll just do cardio until I pass out. :)

Gerb
11-04-2010, 08:42 PM
no, you might miss a meal, that would be bad

GirlyMuscle
11-05-2010, 08:24 AM
This is going to be the longest 15 days of my life. If I survive it.

GirlyMuscle
11-05-2010, 08:30 AM
I don't even like bodybuilding today.

Cheeseburgers and fries with my feet propped up sounds much nicer. And ice cream. I want ice cream.

And no cardio. Ever again. Ever.

Sledge
11-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Shut the fuck up. You have to shrink my....erm....your butt and get ready for a bodybuilding comp. Once your done you can have what you want. it's only a few weeks. Harden the fuck up.

Oh and I have something here that will harden the fuck up when you get here

GirlyMuscle
11-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Fuck you. It's my thread and I can bitch and complain all I want in here.

No one said I wasn't doing what I have to do. I just don't fucking like it. Forget competing in Oz. I'm done with this shit.

Sledge
11-05-2010, 09:09 AM
I want you. It's my thread and I'm a bitch and complain all I want in here.

No one said I wasn't doing what I have to do. I just don't fucking like it. Forget competing in Oz. I'm done with this shit. until the next time

Fixed

GirlyMuscle
11-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Nope. No next time.

I said that last year and I did think about that this time but figured I should give it another shot. This time sucks just as much as last time. More even cause I'm not leaner than last year. Six months of fucking dieting for what?

BEAST MODE
11-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Uh oh...should I expect ranting texts from you today?

Sledge
11-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Ya know. No one makes you do this. only one person wants you to do it. And only one person is doing it. And you're only doing it for one person. I and everyone else can help and support you but only one person is doing it. You could quit today and not one person who cares about you would give a damn. Except for one thing, you want to do it. you need to do it. So we support you. no one can tell you how good you look, no one can tell you you're better than last time. So just eat your tiny meals do your cardio.

Sledge
11-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Uh oh...should I expect ranting texts from you today?

Stand by your phone

BEAST MODE
11-05-2010, 09:41 AM
LOL I keep waiting for her name to pop up w/ a bunch of "fucks" and "shits" and some other ranting in there...

freebirdmac
11-05-2010, 09:44 AM
:popcorn:

Sledge
11-05-2010, 09:48 AM
LOL I keep waiting for her name to pop up w/ a bunch of "fucks" and "shits" and some other ranting in there...

today it will be a bunch of fuck sledge and shits and fuck sledge the shit and some other ranting in there

BEAST MODE
11-05-2010, 09:50 AM
I will PM you everything she says...lol

Sledge
11-05-2010, 09:51 AM

Perv

mastersfreak
11-05-2010, 10:07 AM

Yep me too....:popcorn:

musclegoddess65
11-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Ya know. No one makes you do this. only one person wants you to do it. And only one person is doing it. And you're only doing it for one person. I and everyone else can help and support you but only one person is doing it. You could quit today and not one person who cares about you would give a damn. Except for one thing, you want to do it. you need to do it. So we support you. no one can tell you how good you look, no one can tell you you're better than last time. So just eat your tiny meals do your cardio.

now sledge you can get outta my head... Erin we all do love and support you and yes you have a right to bitch, its hard, its tough... and it sucks even more doing it alone... as in you don't live in a house where its supported... where someone is there it literally pick you up when your down, or drag your arse to the gym when you don't want to go... again...

:hmn:wish I could give ya a hug in person!

BEAST MODE
11-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Days like today will show you what you're really made of. That's what I like finding out about myself...can I make it through the absolute worst days? Abso-fuckin-lutely!

Sledge
11-05-2010, 10:21 AM
who let the g. i . n. g. e. r in here

musclegoddess65
11-05-2010, 10:26 AM
who let the g. i . n. g. e. r in here

you know you like red heads!:p

musclegoddess65
11-05-2010, 10:27 AM
and truth is we go where ever we want... we are just stubborn like that!

Hammerfit
11-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Erin, hang tough. It is hard and we who have been there feel your pain. All that being said, you have to want this or it's not worth it. There's noting easy about being a BB and the dieting is the hardest part. But once you get there it IS all worth it. It's what separates us from the rest of the world. If it was easy, anyone could do it.

freebirdmac
11-05-2010, 12:05 PM
and truth is we go where ever we want... we are just stubborn like that!

<----- Another redhead :)

I know Erin will be fine. She's tough. I was just enjoying the entertainment :p

musclegoddess65
11-05-2010, 12:26 PM
the world just doesn't have enough red heads.... (real ones)

freebirdmac
11-05-2010, 02:57 PM
the world just doesn't have enough red heads.... (real ones)

Ok, busted. I'm a late comer to red. There are red-heads in my family tree and I should've been one from the start. Everything else matches up :)

Back to Erin's bitching and ranting....

musclegoddess65
11-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Personally I never like having red hair growing up.... would have loved to change it...

likely no ranting from her this evening.... long day for Ms. Erin..

Curt James
11-05-2010, 07:34 PM
I'll arive the day of the show then. Just what I need a psycho, week out, depleted muddleheaded FBB with jetlag a week out of a show.

I will pray for you.

Hey Erin! :wavey:

GirlyMuscle
11-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Thank you, NYC Big Mike, for the belly laughs when I got home tonight.

6dA8gGoW57c

Worked both jobs today and did 3 cardio sessions and the suckiest lifting session I think I've ever had. Diet 100%.

Gerb
11-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Worked both jobs today and did 3 cardio sessions and the suckiest lifting session I think I've ever had. Diet 100%.

GirlyMuscle
11-06-2010, 08:06 AM
I'm better today. No more public meltdowns. Seems you guys can't take it. ;)

When I get like that all I want to do is bitch and all I need in return is for someone to say, "I know it sucks. Hang in there. it's almost over." I don't expect someone to fix it or make it easier. For anyone who's done it, contest prep hurts and I bitch when things hurt. Hurt, you ask? yeah, hurt...constant hunger hurts, my knees hurts from all the cardio. I have to tape my foot up every day just so I can walk, let alone do 3 cardio sessions a day. And did I mention I'm sooo tired? Add to the physical discomfort the fact that I don't have a wife or husband to help me get meals together or do laundry or make money or take care of the dog (who is very sick right now). I have to do it all and it seems there's never enough time in the day.

Yesterday I slipped into a negative state and had one helluva hard time pulling myself out of it. Of course, today I can see what happened. Yesterday, in the middle of it, I could not.

Thunder Dan (our nickname for my noggin coach) says there are 4 triggers to a negative state (for most people). HALT...hungry, angry, lonely or tired....all will trigger a negative state if you aren't aware of it. My main trigger is tired. Anytime I get tired I get negative. Yesterday I started the day on 5 hours of sleep with 4:30am morning cardio. I was so tired all day yesterday and the more tired I am the more defeated I feel. I didn't get to bed until 1am.

Besides being tired, I made the mistake of looking at pics and video from last year at 2 weeks out and I realize I am waaaay different this year. First, I weigh about 10 pounds more. I can see a huge difference in the degree of leanness. I was much leaner looking last year and I didn't feel lean enough last year. On a good spin, I AM fuller this year. lol

Through all my cranking and bitching I did stay 100% on plan. Just because I kick and scream and cry and complain, doesn't mean I'm not 100%. In fact, if anything it means I am 100% because that's what's making me so miserable.

I still didn't pick a song or start a routine. 2 weeks out. Guess I should get started.

Sledge
11-06-2010, 08:55 AM
Whats wrong with Seamus?

musclegoddess65
11-06-2010, 09:19 AM
sorry your baby is sick....

and girl the roller coaster IS almost over!

HALT... I like it... will try and remember that next time I find myself in that place...

musclegoddess65
11-06-2010, 09:20 AM
as far as a song and routine... I don't think you'll have any issue with that part.... you will shine!

freebirdmac
11-06-2010, 10:26 AM

When I get like that all I want to do is bitch and all I need in return is for someone to say, "I know it sucks. Hang in there. it's almost over." I don't expect someone to fix it or make it easier. For anyone who's done it, contest prep hurts and I bitch when things hurt. Hurt, you ask? yeah, hurt...constant hunger hurts, my knees hurts from all the cardio. I have to tape my foot up every day just so I can walk, let alone do 3 cardio sessions a day. And did I mention I'm sooo tired? Add to the physical discomfort the fact that I don't have a wife or husband to help me get meals together or do laundry or make money or take care of the dog (who is very sick right now). I have to do it all and it seems there's never enough time in the day.

Yesterday I slipped into a negative state and had one helluva hard time pulling myself out of it. Of course, today I can see what happened. Yesterday, in the middle of it, I could not.

Thunder Dan (our nickname for my noggin coach) says there are 4 triggers to a negative state (for most people). HALT...hungry, angry, lonely or tired....all will trigger a negative state if you aren't aware of it. My main trigger is tired. Anytime I get tired I get negative. Yesterday I started the day on 5 hours of sleep with 4:30am morning cardio. I was so tired all day yesterday and the more tired I am the more defeated I feel. I didn't get to bed until 1am.

Besides being tired, I made the mistake of looking at pics and video from last year at 2 weeks out and I realize I am waaaay different this year. First, I weigh about 10 pounds more. I can see a huge difference in the degree of leanness. I was much leaner looking last year and I didn't feel lean enough last year. On a good spin, I AM fuller this year. lol

Through all my cranking and bitching I did stay 100% on plan. Just because I kick and scream and cry and complain, doesn't mean I'm not 100%. In fact, if anything it means I am 100% because that's what's making me so miserable.

I still didn't pick a song or start a routine. 2 weeks out. Guess I should get started.

Lol! We can't take it. I like that!

I think Thunder Dan forgot a 5th trigger... hormones!

Anyone who is in the later stages of contest prep who isn't cranky and bitchy is either cheating or inhuman. I haven't experienced prep, but I have experienced intense and insane food deprivation that lasted for months. I literally though I was going to die of starvation. Cranky, tired, and bitchy were my middle names. Went hypo at the same time adding more fun fatigue to the mix. And you competitors do this on purpose! Bitch and gripe away. It helps and in no way should make anyone doubt your resolve :)

GirlyMuscle
11-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Update on Seamus. yesterday morning when we got up he didn't want to get up. He's been like that recently and I thought it was just because he's old and it's getting colder here, the bed is comfy and warm. sometimes I let him sleep in while I do cardio. When I come home he gets up. He's getting older (13 yrs) and he can't jump up and down off the bed so i have to lift him. Yesterday morning when I did so he yelped and cried. He lays on a chair in the living room most of the day and he did so yesterday but whimpered and cried all day. He has to be carried to go outside and he has a hard time standing. He can eat and drink with no problems.

So when he wasn't any better this morning I took him to a vet. The vet gave him an anti-inflammatory/antibiotic/pain med in one shot and he gave me two strong pain meds and an anti-bioti for at home. He suggested I run all kinds of blood work but he's pretty sure he has Lyme's disease or Ehrlichiosis. He said an old dog with Lyme's disease will have flare ups that make their joints ache.

He's resting comfortably on his favorite chair.

GirlyMuscle
11-06-2010, 11:13 AM
And in being honest here in my journal....I did not do morning fasted cardio this morning. Getting Seamus to a vet as soon as possible was the most important thing. I'm leaving the house in a few minutes to go do cardio, lift and posing practice.

musclegoddess65
11-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Sometimes other things just take priority... He is your other child and extremely important to you... I hope the meds from the doctor help him

SallyAnne
11-06-2010, 11:45 AM

Um, yeah. That thing about having a husband or wife in the house to make your meals? lol Those are the exception to the rule rather than the standard when you have family. IMO, It's a hell of a lot HARDER to prep with other people in the house, because they're not dieting...and then THEY get upset if you aren't cooking their meals. :D

My first prep - I cooked my meals, meals for my man, and meals for my son. Your significant other already feels neglected because prep revolves around YOU, so when meals and other stuff stops - uhg. Hell, I tell ya.

GirlyMuscle
11-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Where I am today. Guess I won't see the whole six-pack this year either. Oh well.

SallyAnne
11-06-2010, 11:58 AM
I still say you're ahead from last year.

GirlyMuscle
11-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Um, yeah. That thing about having a husband or wife in the house to make your meals? lol Those are the exception to the rule rather than the standard when you have family. IMO, It's a hell of a lot HARDER to prep with other people in the house, because they're not dieting...and then THEY get upset if you aren't cooking their meals. :D

My first prep - I cooked my meals, meals for my man, and meals for my son. Your significant other already feels neglected because prep revolves around YOU, so when meals and other stuff stops - uhg. Hell, I tell ya.

Oh I hear ya about the other people int he house. I live with Mom, step dad, and son..all of whom do not share this lifestyle. Every single day there's some sort of baked good on the kitchen table, junk all over the house. The temptation is everywhere which is why I spend so little time at home or when I am at home, in my room.

What I mean is I don't have someone I can call from work at 9pm and ask them to throw a load of laundry in or grill some chicken while I'm at work. Instead, I wait until I get home at midnight and then I stay up to do laundry, or cook or whatever needs to be done. There just isn't enough time in the day. Even if my husband didn't share the contest prep I'd hope he would be enough of a team player in a relationship that he could do laundry or grill chicken. lf not, then what kind of man did I marry? LOL

SallyAnne
11-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Oh I hear ya about the other people int he house. I live with Mom, step dad, and son..all of whom do not share this lifestyle. Every single day there's some sort of baked good on the kitchen table, junk all over the house. The temptation is everywhere which is why I spend so little time at home or when I am at home, in my room.

What I mean is I don't have someone I can call from work at 9pm and ask them to throw a load of laundry in or grill some chicken while I'm at work. Instead, I wait until I get home at midnight and then I stay up to do laundry, or cook or whatever needs to be done. There just isn't enough time in the day. Even if my husband didn't share the contest prep I'd hope he would be enough of a team player in a relationship that he could do laundry or grill chicken. lf not, then what kind of man did I marry? LOL

True that. With each contest prep, things got a little better at my house - but I think Jeff just hated me prepping, period. He liked the way I looked, but he still felt neglected. Did that make him selfish? I hate to say that he was, because prep in itself is a pretty selfish ordeal - so it's like the pot calling the kettle black.

SallyAnne
11-06-2010, 12:11 PM
...and if bitching makes you feel better, bitch. At this point, do whatever it takes.

GirlyMuscle
11-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Well, I've always tried to be open with my contest prep and regular training. It's not always fun and it's not easy. I lay it out there the way it is. It's funny though I got all kinds of feedback I was not expecting. Lots of "buck up, suck it up, it's your choice, don't give me attitude, etc." So the message I came away with is that no one wants to hear it. Not the bad stuff anyway. As long as I'm humming along, happy and productive and posting happy things, videos and pics, it's all good. When I have a bad day I feel like I should have kept my mouth shut. I feel like a failure just because I complain or have a hard time. I'm glad everyone else has an easy time doing this and never bitches or has a bad day.

So from now on...only happy stuff. If I don't have something happy and positive to post, I won't be posting. So don't expect to hear much from me for the next two weeks. ;)

SallyAnne
11-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Well, I've always tried to be open with my contest prep and regular training. It's not always fun and it's not easy. I lay it out there the way it is. It's funny though I got all kinds of feedback I was not expecting. Lots of "buck up, suck it up, it's your choice, don't give me attitude, etc." So the message I came away with is that no one wants to hear it. Not the bad stuff anyway. As long as I'm humming along, happy and productive and posting happy things, videos and pics, it's all good. When I have a bad day I feel like I should have kept my mouth shut. I feel like a failure just because I complain or have a hard time. I'm glad everyone else has an easy time doing this and never bitches or has a bad day.

So from now on...only happy stuff. If I don't have something happy and positive to post, I won't be posting. So don't expect to hear much from me for the next two weeks. ;)

Well, that's just boring. Life is not all happy fucking unicorns and rainbows, is it?

freebirdmac
11-06-2010, 12:42 PM

I don't think it's that people don't want to hear it, I think people were saying what they thought you needed to hear. They were trying to be supportive. Not shut you up or make it seem as if you were being needlessly whiny.

GirlyMuscle
11-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Going to the gym. happy happy joy joy

musclegoddess65
11-06-2010, 01:05 PM
I love ya... and humbly come before you my friend and ask your forgiveness... I love ya know matter what you do, how you look or where your at and damn it one of these days were are gonna be on the same page together and in the same place! :hmn:

GirlyMuscle
11-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Sweetie...you have been one of my biggest supporters this prep. I was not referring to anything you said. You get me and you've been there. Besides, we have those true friendship rules of say anything, listen intently, never judge, love always.

I love you, my friend. :hmn:

tifflex
11-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Hi Erin:).

Contest prep is physically and mentally grueling. This is your journal, so feel free to express how you feel. I like that you bitched yesterday, but came back today in a better mood. Hang in there!

By the way, how tall are you?

musclegoddess65
11-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Sweetie...you have been one of my biggest supporters this prep. I was not referring to anything you said. You get me and you've been there. Besides, we have those true friendship rules of say anything, listen intently, never judge, love always.

I love you, my friend. :hmn:

awwww... love you too :hugme: I wish I could be there....

musclegoddess65
11-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Hi Erin:).

Contest prep is physically and mentally grueling. This is your journal, so feel free to express how you feel. I like that you bitched yesterday, but came back today in a better mood. Hang in there!

By the way, how tall are you?

Spirit ... has fifty times the strength and staying power of brawn and muscle

You rock Erin!:flowers:

GirlyMuscle
11-07-2010, 12:38 AM
Awww... shucks....

I'm 5'1" and weighed in at 145.8 today. I've compared some pics and video and I'd say I'm not as lean as last year but I'm fuller. So either I put on some muscle or the muscle is full and it was flat last time. I dunno. I just wish for once I could get a good six-pack going.

tammyp
11-07-2010, 05:41 AM
bitch all you want erin. hell..you guys know what i am like at this point...you and sally have been with me through how many? youve earned the right to bitch....i say go for it.

GirlyMuscle
11-07-2010, 08:46 AM
I'm ok. Tummy is hurting big time. It started last night at work. I really do believe it's a flare up from an ulcer or something. Being hungry does trigger it but it's not hunger pains. It's a burning, like an irritated ulcer. I'm trying not to use anything at this point. I'm going to look for a sugar-free antacid.

Off to cardio...

freebirdmac
11-07-2010, 09:35 AM
I'd go for an inhibitor over an antacid. Like prilosec or one of those meds. I take axid myself but the big names have made finding that brand tough in local stores.

bryantone
11-07-2010, 10:54 AM
A lot of us are in a simular situation with the food, lack of support, guilt attitudes and "significant others" that make it difficult to do something that actually benefits relationships if they were to open their minds. I quit drinking, going to bars, getting fat(er) and have a calmer attitude, very few illnesses and never miss work. Because of lifting/cardio 6 hours a week. Bitch all you want. This is one of the few places you can get away with it with BBrs that can relate. Nice quads you got there.

musclegoddess65
11-07-2010, 11:04 AM
A lot of us are in a simular situation with the food, lack of support, guilt attitudes and "significant others" that make it difficult to do something that actually benefits relationships if they were to open their minds. I quit drinking, going to bars, getting fat(er) and have a calmer attitude, very few illnesses and never miss work. Because of lifting/cardio 6 hours a week. Bitch all you want. This is one of the few places you can get away with it with BBrs that can relate. Nice quads you got there.

I did the same thing... and it seemed to contribute to my divorce... course part of it was that I did change from the party girl to the gym girl..... :dunno:

musclegoddess65
11-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Awww... shucks....

I'm 5'1" and weighed in at 145.8 today. I've compared some pics and video and I'd say I'm not as lean as last year but I'm fuller. So either I put on some muscle or the muscle is full and it was flat last time. I dunno. I just wish for once I could get a good six-pack going.

You may not be there yet, but your closer than you were yesterday :gm:

and if I ever compete again... I'm borrowing them legs... I MIGHT give em back to ya when I'm done! :no:

GirlyMuscle
11-07-2010, 12:20 PM
I stopped at the dollar store to grab a few things before the gym and I read the back of the Tums Antacids. 10 cals, 2g carbs, in 2 pieces! I can't use those. So prilosec might be good?

freebirdmac
11-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Here's a nice primer http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/otc-center/otc-medicines/854.html

Basically antacids work in the moment, the other meds strive to keep acid in check so you don't have any need for antacids.

bryantone
11-07-2010, 03:30 PM
If you think it is acidic, try 1 teaspoon baking soda in a glass of water. I find that it works better than OTC stuff.

bryantone
11-07-2010, 03:38 PM
I did the same thing... and it seemed to contribute to my divorce... course part of it was that I did change from the party girl to the gym girl..... :dunno:
Well... it is just a opinion.... since it really hasnt made a difference in my situation either. It just changed content of the arguments from bars to gyms!

Sledge
11-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Poor little seamus. I hope he's ok.

Sledge
11-07-2010, 08:23 PM
I still say you're ahead from last year.

Me too

GirlyMuscle
11-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Seamus is doing well today. The Doc gave him some pretty strong pain meds and he's acting like nothing is wrong.

Just finished cardio #2. Cooking food. Waiting for laundry. Surfing the net....

GirlyMuscle
11-07-2010, 10:15 PM
LOL!

7Pi0xZZr3zk

Sledge
11-07-2010, 10:26 PM
you used to have your hair kinda like that too.

GirlyMuscle
11-08-2010, 05:39 AM
Good morning all. Another fine day at PF. (ugh) BRB...gotta go train a newbie. Fun.

Sledge
11-08-2010, 06:25 AM
Make sure if it's a 120kg woman on her first training day you get her to try and do pull ups in front of everyone so she gets really embarased and them weird arsed things with the fitball against the wall.

GirlyMuscle
11-08-2010, 06:28 AM
Whether I ever compete again or not, I can tell you I will continue to build muscle. I can see where I need more and God forbid anyone ever mistake me for a "physique" or "figure" competitor! I am a female bodybuilder, dammit!

On a side note...I'm still competing in 12 days but of course, I'm not happy with where I am. I wonder if I ever will be? Just once it would nice to be 2 weeks out and feel confident and happy with what I'm bringing to the stage.

I haven't done a routine yet. I haven't picked a song or cut /burned it to cd yet. My suit is supposed to ship this week. Thankfully, Sledge shipped me tanning stuff months ago or I wouldn't have that right now either. I'm not so good at all these details. lol

Sledge
11-08-2010, 06:39 AM
have you booked a hotel, are you driving or flying?

GirlyMuscle
11-08-2010, 06:39 AM
Make sure if it's a 120kg woman on her first training day you get her to try and do pull ups in front of everyone so she gets really embarased and them weird arsed things with the fitball against the wall.

What I do is set up a basic 5 exercise full body workout. Then I spend about a half hour finding out their background, goals, etc and teach them how to use the equipment. So really they do 5 minutes on a treadmill so I can explain settings and heart rate and then we do one set on each machine (of the 5 I select). Not much of a workout...it is just a training session. I explain that to them and then suggest when we are done they should do the other 2 sets on the machines and a little more cardio. Almost everyone suddenly has something to do when it comes to doing the rest of the workout. Seems 5 min on the treadmill and one set of 5 machines is enough for the first time. I was laughing this morning with my co-worker Rachel. My warm up sets are what I prescribe to most people for a beginners workout and even thats too much for most. It's times like these that I realize just how obsessed I really am with all this.

GirlyMuscle
11-08-2010, 06:42 AM
have you booked a hotel, are you driving or flying?Hotel is booked but not paid. We're driving. It's 5 hours from me. I'm 5 hours from Tu. He offered to drive which is fine with me. I can just relax...as long as he's a safe driver and doesn't freak me out. (He does drive a 2010 RX8) So yeah, he's going to drive 5 hours Friday morning to pick me up and then we drive 5 more hours to get to the venue.

Sledge
11-08-2010, 06:46 AM
He may want you to drive since he has a girls car. Are you staying at the venue hotel or a different one? I think you told me this but I can't remember

GirlyMuscle
11-08-2010, 06:55 AM
The venue is the Wheeling Island Casino and Racetrack. I couldn't get a room...all booked up. So we're staying somewhere close by. I have it in email somewhere.

If the weather was warmer we'd be going in the Princess, top down, but it's cold so I'm happy letting Tu take the wheel, even if he does drive a girl car.

http://www.edmunds.com/pictures/VEHICLE/2010/Mazda/2010.mazda.rx-8.20295626-396x249.jpg

GirlyMuscle
11-08-2010, 06:56 AM
Wanna bet I make heavyweight this year? ;)

Sledge
11-08-2010, 06:59 AM
Middle

GirlyMuscle
11-08-2010, 07:46 AM
I gotta crack 140 to be a middle. 125-140

GirlyMuscle
11-08-2010, 08:33 AM
I think that at a bodybuilding show there should be two classes for the women to compete in. Bodybuilding and Bodybuilding Lite. One class with no limits, one with limits. Both do posing routines as well as mandatories. No heels on either. Period.

musclegoddess65
11-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Whether I ever compete again or not, I can tell you I will continue to build muscle. I can see where I need more and God forbid anyone ever mistake me for a "physique" or "figure" competitor! I am a female bodybuilder, dammit!

On a side note...I'm still competing in 12 days but of course, I'm not happy with where I am. I wonder if I ever will be? Just once it would nice to be 2 weeks out and feel confident and happy with what I'm bringing to the stage.

I haven't done a routine yet. I haven't picked a song or cut /burned it to cd yet. My suit is supposed to ship this week. Thankfully, Sledge shipped me tanning stuff months ago or I wouldn't have that right now either. I'm not so good at all these details. lol

You just need a resident bitch for all the details :p

musclegoddess65
11-08-2010, 06:36 PM

Maybe one more time.... and maybe we can actually do it together :yep:

Sledge
11-08-2010, 09:38 PM
I think that at a bodybuilding show there should be two classes for the women to compete in. Bodybuilding and Bodybuilding Lite. One class with no limits, one with limits. Both do posing routines as well as mandatories. No heels on either. Period.

great idea. they could call one the womens physique division.

Sledge
11-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Did ya send my humapro yet?

Gerb
11-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Did ya send my humapro yet?

dang she is holding out on you

GirlyMuscle
11-09-2010, 03:53 AM
OMG...Yes. The Humapro is in the mail.

Have a nice day to you all, too. ;)

I'm going to do cardio. @$*&%@&^%&@%)@(!!!!

Already fucked up my diet today. I have a London Broil in the fridge I was supposed to cook yesterday for breakfast today. I totally forgot about it. P-rents covered the gas grill for the winter (No I can get it out) so I have to figure out how to cook steak in the house. I never do that. I don't even know how. I can't live without a grill.

So Steve....chicken for meal 1. Can't do the steak until after work...after 1pm. Still want me to have it? When?

musclegoddess65
11-09-2010, 06:42 AM
you can try cooking it in the broil of the oven... not the same as the grill but... it will do

or cut it up in cubes or slices and sort of stir fry it...

GirlyMuscle
11-09-2010, 06:49 AM
I guess I could pan fry it. I like my steak medium rare anyway. I have to check what kind of broiler this oven has. It's electric. yuk

freebirdmac
11-09-2010, 07:00 AM
Covered the grill for the winter??? I grill year around. A few times I've come close to busting my ass on the icy deck :p

GirlyMuscle
11-09-2010, 07:03 AM
I do too. Weather is not a factor in good food. I'll stand in a snowstorm or use an umbrella on a rainy day to grill. I think I'm going to buy myself a cheap used $100 one I can keep uncovered all year. And yeah...hey!....I just bought that tank of gas!!

tammyp
11-09-2010, 07:42 AM
i have 2 good friends doing this show erin...nate steiger is a SHW and amie de francisco is figure. they are looking to requal for next year.

freebirdmac
11-09-2010, 08:06 AM
I have this one and the cart Amazon.com: Weber 396002 Q 200 Portable Gas Grill: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Everything folds up nicely. I put it in the back of my Jeep and take it with me on trips. The grate is cast iron which makes it heavy but makes cooking great.

It's slightly smaller little brother is close to your price range Amazon.com: Weber 386002 Q 100 Portable Propane Gas Grill: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Maybe you need to drop hints for a Christmas present? :)

GirlyMuscle
11-09-2010, 08:23 AM
i have 2 good friends doing this show erin...nate steiger is a SHW and amie de francisco is figure. they are looking to requal for next year.I know nothing about this show. I mean I know it's a national qualifier, etc but I don't know about quality of competitors, size of the show. Nothing. I don't think at 11 days out I want to know. I picked it purely on the fact that I was running out of time and needed a show I could drive to.

BEAST MODE
11-09-2010, 09:18 AM
I do too. Weather is not a factor in good food. I'll stand in a snowstorm or use an umbrella on a rainy day to grill. I think I'm going to buy myself a cheap used $100 one I can keep uncovered all year. And yeah...hey!....I just bought that tank of gas!!

Same here! I've stood outside in 5 degree weather after shoveling snow for a half hour just to make a path from the grill to the door...can't give ourselves excuses not to have food ready.

Sledge
11-10-2010, 02:02 AM

So is that like
The cheque is in the mail
Of course I won't cum in your mouth.
I'm from the government and I'm here to help
Didn't you get the email I sent
I'm not trying to sell you anything

Sledge
11-10-2010, 02:11 AM
You have a George foreman thingy don't you?

Or you could just boil your steak.:puke:

GirlyMuscle
11-10-2010, 08:14 AM
So is that like
The cheque is in the mail
Of course I won't cum in your mouth.
I'm from the government and I'm here to help
Didn't you get the email I sent
I'm not trying to sell you anything

As in next time you should just order from the company so you don't have to wait for me. :) I'm sorry I let it slide on the priority list. I've only had 9 million things to do and think about. It IS mailed. Now it's just up to customs to let you have it.

GirlyMuscle
11-10-2010, 08:16 AM
And honestly, Humapro helps with morning cardio. I hate replacing meals with it because I'm starving between the food meals. And my weight hasn't dropped in a week. So much for replacing the calories.

axioma
11-10-2010, 08:50 AM

Have a nice day to you all, too. ;)

I'm going to do cardio. @$*&%@&^%&@%)@(!!!!

Already fucked up my diet today. I have a London Broil in the fridge I was supposed to cook yesterday for breakfast today. I totally forgot about it. P-rents covered the gas grill for the winter (No I can get it out) so I have to figure out how to cook steak in the house. I never do that. I don't even know how. I can't live without a grill.

So Steve....chicken for meal 1. Can't do the steak until after work...after 1pm. Still want me to have it? When?

If meat is 1.5" or thicker then works to:
Preheat oven to 400
Heat cast iron skillet really hot, so water beads and flies around.
Sear both sides for 2-3 minutes
Finish in oven for 5-7 minutes to desired temp based on thickness.
Some people use thermometer, I just take middle finger and press on muscle at base of thumb, that is what the meat should feel like for a good med rare.

We try to cook outside as much as possible, however when we want to heat up the house without running the heater, we cook!

GirlyMuscle
11-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Thanks, Ax! I'm going to do that.

I can eat steak anywhere from rare to well done. I just prefer medium rare. And even better if the outside is browned and crispy.

BEAST MODE
11-10-2010, 11:08 AM
That sounds like a perfect steak! And medium is perfect for me. I did try a super rare, basically raw steak at one of my cheats on the trial prep...dunked it in au jus, was pretty good actually, just a little too chewy for me.

freebirdmac
11-12-2010, 10:16 PM
What's up?? Hope all is well and you're just busy.

musclegoddess65
11-12-2010, 11:50 PM
What's up?? Hope all is well and you're just busy.

she is likely in heavy cocoon mode!

axioma
11-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Watch BitchSlap! That will bring you out of the cocoon!

GirlyMuscle
11-17-2010, 06:52 AM
Well. Here I am. 3 days out. Forgive me if this post is disjointed and rambling. My brain decided to go on vacation yesterday. I think it's in the Caribbean somewhere. I don't expect to see it again until Sunday.

I'm going to point the obvious out and then move on. I am not as lean as I would have liked. It is what it is. I know why and instead of dwelling on something I can't change at this point, I'd rather move on to the positive things I can control.

Today I start having carbs. I expect them to taste like cheesecake or chocolate if Richwa's reaction to his carb-up is any indication. I remember the texts ..OMG this rice is sooo good!! 8am Rich... I'll be texting you...

Cardio is done....until Monday that is. I still have to lift this afternoon. I'm planning on some video,too.

So I had to get up at 3am to get to work to do my hour of fasted cardio, shower, tan etc all before 6am when I start work. First meal is scheduled for 8am. ggrrrrr...5 hours of no food. Thank goodness for Humapro. I don't think I'm supposed top be taking it but I figured at 3am it was better than running 5 hours with nothing. I didn't think about it until I got up this morning otherwise I would have asked Steve. At 3am I don't expect an answer to my texts.

Work until 2pm..then gym, video, posing practice and home to pack and rest. I work Thursday and Friday and I leave Friday for WV as well. My buddy Tu is coming up Thursday night so I guess he'll have to hang out with me at work for the 3 hours I have to work on Friday.

Oh and tanning starts Thursday night. I'm using the Aussie stuff Sledge sent me. Can't wait to see how it looks! Suit came last Friday. And the hott dress I'm wearing out afterwards.

Can ya tell I'm at work, alone, and it's really slow? yeah...I'll be around for a bit yet. Gotta do something while I wait for that first meal!

BEAST MODE
11-17-2010, 06:55 AM
Looking forward to your rice text! I thought I'd get sick of it since it was either that or red potatoes for the whole carb up, but it tasted so fucking good every time I had it.

GirlyMuscle
11-17-2010, 06:59 AM
I'm hopeful. Right now the idea of plain rice isn't all that appealing but I trust ya.

axioma
11-17-2010, 08:13 AM
with a poached egg....mmmmmmm

GirlyMuscle
11-17-2010, 08:17 AM
No eggs. I love eggs.

I just had my minuscule chicken. Gotta wait 4 hours til the next meal? WTF? I have a text in to the boss asking if thats right.

GirlyMuscle
11-17-2010, 09:28 AM
He says that's right. Wow..that sucks. I go from eating every 2 hours for months to having to wait 4. I feel weak. Faint almost....

OK...maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit.

SallyAnne
11-17-2010, 09:51 AM
You're almost there! Thank god, almighty!! ;) What will you eat for the cheat?

axioma
11-17-2010, 09:54 AM
I like the new look sallyanne...latex? ventilation is good.

Girly...any preview of the after contest attire?

Gerb
11-17-2010, 10:34 AM
He says that's right. Wow..that sucks. I go from eating every 2 hours for months to having to wait 4. I feel weak. Faint almost....

OK...maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit.

holy drama queen, one freaking meal! not all your meals are every 4hrs, just one meal lol, the rest are every 2hrs once you start carb up. that was your final bit of depletion (actually "is", you still got 1hr 30mins left:yep:):p.

GirlyMuscle
11-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Steve. You should know by now that I am a delicate flower and when things get hard I cry like a little girl. ;)

BEAST MODE
11-17-2010, 10:57 AM
You said "when things get hard" lol

GirlyMuscle
11-17-2010, 10:59 AM
yeah...hard... :drool: hehehe (hear Butthead)

That's about the only thing I'm interested in today besides my next meal. I kinda remember I lost that drive last year during the end of prep but no such luck this year.

freebirdmac
11-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Good luck Erin! I hope the rest of the week goes smoothly and flies by so you can eat and sleep again :)

Gerb
11-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Steve. You should know by now that I am a delicate flower and when things get hard I cry like a little girl. ;)

i see what you did there

GirlyMuscle
11-17-2010, 12:15 PM
I ate my plain chicken and plain rice. Put my head down on the break table and fell sound asleep. Luckily it was only 6 minutes...LOL

GirlyMuscle
11-17-2010, 09:07 PM
3 days out...

Once I was through the depletion part of my last week, my brain shut down. Serious. I realized it yesterday when I was talking to my boss, having a normal conversation, and I was having a hard time following what he was saying. English feels like my second language. Lord knows what my first is right now! I feel two steps behind everyone. It's kinda funny actually.

Physically, I'm not where I wanted to be but it's my own fault. I'll probably blog about it when I recover but suffice to say that twice now I've proven a 6 month prep is too much for me. I start to lose it after 16 weeks. I need to stick to a 16 week or less prep.

I'm ok with how I look but I'm not ripped at all. The only reason I'm doing the show anyway is because I am following through to the finish. No quitting. I will say though that I'm learning a lot through this prep that will benefit me in the future so I'm glad I'm going all the way to the end.

So now I'm just following Coach's instructions and typing up last minute details. I'm not really excited at all about the show. I haven't even really been thinking about it. I don't even have my music cut yet! I just want to get through it and move on to the party afterward. LOL

I've already got an off season plan lined up so that I don't gain back 45 pounds this time. Not sure about next year's comps. I need some distance from this one before I even think about next year. (yes...there will be a comp next year)

s2h
11-17-2010, 09:12 PM
good luck GM...send some pics out after the show...ok..let me get back to my ice cream and pie...shit sorry..

GirlyMuscle
11-17-2010, 09:14 PM
No problem. After 6 months of dieting, I'm pretty immune at this point.

s2h
11-17-2010, 09:31 PM
No problem. After 6 months of dieting, I'm pretty immune at this point.its all good...have fun...good luck..

partsRheavy
11-17-2010, 10:48 PM
?Ingles no la primara idioma? !Si se habla espanol aqui! :p :p :p English not first language? We can speak Spanish! ;)

!Que rompa una pierna sobre la etapa!!!! :yep::yep:

In English it means "Break a leg up on stage!!" :p

Bryan Hildebrand
11-17-2010, 11:12 PM
thinking about you. you are in my weeks meditations for health, love and a new language. :)

freebirdmac
11-18-2010, 05:42 AM
Thought of you when I saw this tee shirt
http://www.cafepress.com/leanladies.441519604

Sledge
11-18-2010, 06:24 AM
As in next time you should just order from the company so you don't have to wait for me. :) I'm sorry I let it slide on the priority list. I've only had 9 million things to do and think about. It IS mailed. Now it's just up to customs to let you have it.

The company wouldn't ship to Australia. That's why i shipped to you.

GirlyMuscle
11-18-2010, 06:38 AM
Thought of you when I saw this tee shirt
http://www.cafepress.com/leanladies.441519604

I love it!

I forgot my phone today. So if anyone texts me and I don't answer, you know why. I called home and asked my Mom to have my son bring it out after he gets in from his 3rd shift job but he has a girlfriend so there's a very good possibility he won't make it home anytime soon.

GirlyMuscle
11-18-2010, 06:46 AM
It felt weird getting up at 5am to come to work for 6. Usually I'm up about 3:30-4 so I can get cardio done first but that's over now. First meal is scheduled for 8am, sooo, slow gym, no phone....it's gonna be a long hour and 20 mins.

We did the deplete part earlier in the week and I was completely unaware that's what we were doing until my brain shut down and Steve said you're depleted. I was scratching my head thinking, really? I thought it would be worse than that. I was drag ass tired through the last couple days workouts but didn't think much of it since I'm tired all the time these days anyway.

Yesterday was the start of a carb up and I got jasmine rice. It was yummy but not outstanding. Today is potatoes. White and red ones. I got the tiny ones. I must have looked like a dingaling standing there in the produce department using the digital scale to weigh each potato and selecting only the ones that weighed 4 ozs.

Sledge
11-18-2010, 06:48 AM
3 days out...

Once I was through the depletion part of my last week, my brain shut down. Serious. I realized it yesterday when I was talking to my boss, having a normal conversation, and I was having a hard time following what he was saying. English feels like my second language. Lord knows what my first is right now! I feel two steps behind everyone. It's kinda funny actually.

Physically, I'm not where I wanted to be but it's my own fault. I'll probably blog about it when I recover but suffice to say that twice now I've proven a 6 month prep is too much for me. I start to lose it after 16 weeks. I need to stick to a 16 week or less prep.

I'm ok with how I look but I'm not ripped at all. The only reason I'm doing the show anyway is because I am following through to the finish. No quitting. I will say though that I'm learning a lot through this prep that will benefit me in the future so I'm glad I'm going all the way to the end.

So now I'm just following Coach's instructions and typing up last minute details. I'm not really excited at all about the show. I haven't even really been thinking about it. I don't even have my music cut yet! I just want to get through it and move on to the party afterward. LOL

I've already got an off season plan lined up so that I don't gain back 45 pounds this time. Not sure about next year's comps. I need some distance from this one before I even think about next year. (yes...there will be a comp next year)

Oh oh oh. Is the new language Klingon???

GirlyMuscle
11-18-2010, 06:49 AM
I don't know. Say something in Klingon and we'll see if I understand you.

Sledge
11-18-2010, 06:59 AM
Ok.....ermm.....I mean....... No way how would I know that sort of stuff. Do you think I'm some sort of geek or something

GirlyMuscle
11-18-2010, 07:05 AM
Ok.....ermm.....I mean....... No way how would I know that sort of stuff. Do you think I'm some sort of geek or something

Yes. Cleverly disguised as a hot hairy rugged Australian, of course.

Sledge
11-18-2010, 07:12 AM
http://www.dogshome.org.au/long-termers/

Bruno, Baily, and Honey. Under consideration. Bruno cause he sounds a lot like me.

http://www.dogshome.org.au/medium-dogs/

And Mally from this page

GirlyMuscle
11-18-2010, 07:19 AM
Bruno or Mally. I'm torn. Leaning more towards Mally since he only has 3 legs.

Mally

http://www.dogshome.org.au/assets/Uploads/medium/Mally.jpg

Bruno

http://www.dogshome.org.au/assets/bruno.jpg

Sledge
11-18-2010, 07:27 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmZJqCcDrSDgkiPJSw2aeYrVP-kHk8NyWQCb4tovMHgBLnOgMn

GirlyMuscle
11-18-2010, 07:28 AM
She needs more glutes. ;)

freebirdmac
11-18-2010, 08:11 AM
Boobs aren't right for that level of leanness.

GirlyMuscle
11-18-2010, 08:15 AM
Speaking of boobs or lack of....

Mine are gone, just like last year. I'm super small to begin with but they are totally gone..flat..nothing. My Mom pointed out my contest face the other day. And two days ago I had crazy striations and veins in my delts during my workout. This morning my tummy feels really flat...like I'm all sucked in. The weirdest part to me is I'm weighing about 13 pounds heavier at this point than I was last year. I did some comparisons and I do believe I gained some size in the last year. I'll post up pics later when I get home.

Sledge
11-18-2010, 08:20 AM
The forehead is HGH and Slin

Sledge
11-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Bruno or Mally. I'm torn. Leaning more towards Mally since he only has 3 legs.

Mally

http://www.dogshome.org.au/assets/Uploads/medium/Mally.jpg

Bruno

http://www.dogshome.org.au/assets/bruno.jpg

I have to go hang out with them a while. See how it goes

GirlyMuscle
11-18-2010, 08:28 AM
See what I mean about my brain? I didn't realize she was Klingon until you said that. I had to go back and look. lol

GirlyMuscle
11-18-2010, 08:47 AM
So I'm talking to one of our resident Lunks (more mass than a regular person ie bber, pler but follows the rules so he can train here). He's pretty freakin big so I started talking to him about how he got so big working out at Planet Fitness. He actually trains at home and this is his "fun" workouts with the guys. He lifts but doesn't concern himself with lifting uber heavy. It's more of a social workout.

Here's where I can decide if it's my brain or his that's fucked up. He kept reinforcing the fact that he lifts at home because he has "steel" weights. "Yeah, man, I got steel weights. None of this sissy shit." So there I am puzzling....isn't a 10 pound iron weight the same as a 10 pound steel weight? It's the old question..which is heavier? A pound of feathers or a pound of rocks.

He's the Duh this time.

Bryan Hildebrand
11-18-2010, 01:39 PM
its purely the sound. nothing like clanging iron.

GirlyMuscle
11-18-2010, 01:49 PM
So steel weights "sound" better? I must say I do prefer the sound of iron plates clanging together over the rubber coated ones. There's nothing like the jingle bells of 6-8 iron 45s clanging through a set of rack deads. :D

axioma
11-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Don't know the guy, however he probably has some of the older iron...45's weighed that and up to 47lbs. I have weighed some of the rubber coated stuff and varied from 43.8 to 44.8 but never 45 or over.

I agree with Attila, there is a feeling and sound of one iron (or steel) plate clanging against another...authoritative and distinct...You don't have to slam them or anything...just a magical sound of one after another being loaded on a bar or press...I have wood...goodbye.

axioma
11-18-2010, 01:50 PM
didn't see your post...so yes, sound AND weight...

GirlyMuscle
11-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Shaving time. I'm going to start my tan tonight since I have to get up early and work a few hours. I won't get my second coat on before 11am tomorrow so I need to get a jump on it. I'm using the stuff Sledge sent me from Australia. AVBG uses it and I liked his color. I'll let you know how it all goes. :)

SallyAnne
11-18-2010, 07:16 PM
Enjoy yourself, Erin. :hugme: I'm proud of you for following through this year. You've got a lot of heart and that is something you are born with - no one can learn it or earn it.

Sledge
11-18-2010, 07:47 PM
who's going to shave your butt. You won't be able to reach it you musclebound lunk.

BEAST MODE
11-18-2010, 07:50 PM
Erin you've kicked some ass on this prep! Totally stuck w/ it and you had some rough days for sure! So close now bud! Go kick some arse!

Bryan Hildebrand
11-18-2010, 10:07 PM
best of luck to you this weekend.

FBB ELISA CHARM
11-18-2010, 11:23 PM
Are competing this week-end?
best of luck

:peace2:
Elisa

tammyp
11-19-2010, 05:56 AM
you have more will power than i do erin...long prep and it wanst an easy one for sure....have fun!

stephaniewicked
11-19-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm a little late and not sure if you will see this before showtime, but good luck Erin!! You made it... now time to go show off all that hard work! Can't wait to see pix... :)

FBB ELISA CHARM
11-19-2010, 10:12 PM
where are you competing, Is the show in Ft Floridale?
I will be tuned!

Best of luck!

:peace2:
Elisa

GirlyMuscle
11-19-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm kicked back in bed getting ready to go to sleep. Three coats of tan on but I think I need another in the morning so I'll have to get up early.

The show is in Wheeling, West Virginia at the Wheeling Island Casino and Resort. IFBB Pro Erik Fankhouser is the promoter. Decent sized show...I hear 100-120 competitors expected.

Thank you for all the support, gang!

Ibarramedia
11-19-2010, 11:15 PM
Good luck Erin.

Sledge
11-20-2010, 12:42 AM
Good morning. Did you sleep at all?

Bryan Hildebrand
11-20-2010, 12:54 AM
get 'em erin.

freebirdmac
11-20-2010, 06:03 AM
Good luck!

Mac
11-20-2010, 06:59 AM
Good luck in your show Erin.

Sledge
11-20-2010, 07:05 AM
She's up and ready. Tu is applying tan to her butt.

Prejudging @ 10am

freebirdmac
11-20-2010, 08:18 AM
She's up and ready. Tu is applying tan to her butt.

Prejudging @ 10am

Jealous? :p

SallyAnne
11-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Kick ass today, Erin!

BEAST MODE
11-20-2010, 09:24 AM
Good luck dudesis!

GirlyMuscle
11-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Thanks friends!!

Pre-judging is done. Counting me there were 3 in masters and 2 in my open class. I missed middleweight by 2 1/4 pounds so I competed as a heavy. I thought I came last in both classes but Tu says he doesn't think so. I'm always my own worst critic.

BTW...Tu only painted my back. I did my own ass. I used the Australian stuff Sledge sent me and it works like protan in that you apply it, let it dry 6 hrs, rinse, repeat. THree coats didn't look dark enough but once I applied the second product I got ty dark. The stuff washes off easily so I'll come back here to shower before we go out.

We're going to go back to the casino to party but there is a strip club next door and Tu loves his strippers, so we'll check the girlies out after the casino. I just have to remember to not drink so much that "I" end up stripping. LOL

SallyAnne
11-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Thanks friends!!

Pre-judging is done. Counting me there were 3 in masters and 2 in my open class. I missed middleweight by 2 1/4 pounds so I competed as a heavy. I thought I came last in both classes but Tu says he doesn't think so. I'm always my own worst critic.

BTW...Tu only painted my back. I did my own ass. I used the Australian stuff Sledge sent me and it works like protan in that you apply it, let it dry 6 hrs, rinse, repeat. THree coats didn't look dark enough but once I applied the second product I got ty dark. The stuff washes off easily so I'll come back here to shower before we go out.

We're going to go back to the casino to party but there is a strip club next door and Tu loves his strippers, so we'll check the girlies out after the casino. I just have to remember to not drink so much that "I" end up stripping. LOL

Drink a lot of water if you're drinking alcohol. Don't be an Aaron Singerman. :D

GirlyMuscle
11-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Oh, I already avoided one Aaron Singerman. I forgot my wine for before pre-j so I only had my 2 poptarts. I'll start slamming water as soon as i get off stage.

I had one glass of red wine last night with my fill-out meal and was very buzzed. I predict no more than 2-3 drinks this evening. :)

joedemarco
11-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Good luck!!!

GirlyMuscle
11-20-2010, 02:37 PM
Thanks!

Just had my burger and fries. We don't have to be back at the venue until 6 with the night show beginning at 7. I took a little nap, ate and I think I'm gonna kick back and channel surf the tv.

When we got here last night we found that the hotel and/or google have a glitch in their system. When I booked the room online it gave me a hotel in Sandusky Ohio. When Tu called the hotel they were aware of this problem so we cancelled that reservation and called the one here. They gave us the option of a suite, one king or one queen. Tu got us the suite. Shit, I could live in this thing. Seriously, it would be the perfect studio apartment complete with jaccuzi, 60 inch tv, etc.

Oh yeah...so after the show we're coming back here so I can wash off the tan, at least the sticky part of it, and then we're going back to the casino to have dinner, a drink, birthday cake, etc. We noticed a strip club next door to the casino and if anyone knows Tu he loves his strippers so I suggested stopping in on the way back to the hotel. LOL

GirlyMuscle
11-20-2010, 03:16 PM
I certainly have contest face. LOL Me and my poptarts.

GirlyMuscle
11-20-2010, 03:30 PM
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3092/images/3092_MEDIUM.jpg

MY birthday cake

http://www.scienceofdrink.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/long-beach-iced-tea.jpg

Long Beach Tea (like a Long Island but with cranberry instead of coke)

I don't know what I want for real food but I know I want a long Beach Tea and cake at some point.

And tomorrow we're getting Cinnabon on the way home. Tu had some on the way here and they smelled so good.

BEAST MODE
11-20-2010, 03:40 PM
I am having Penn Station, Cold Stone, and a Snickers cake tonight...I'll will text you pics!

Curt James
11-20-2010, 04:57 PM

THAT is a great shot! :bowdown:

Great color, make up, and who would argue with Pop Tarts??? :)

Sledge
11-20-2010, 06:36 PM
Thanks!

Just had my burger and fries. We don't have to be back at the venue until 6 with the night show beginning at 7. I took a little nap, ate and I think I'm gonna kick back and channel surf the tv.

When we got here last night we found that the hotel and/or google have a glitch in their system. When I booked the room online it gave me a hotel in Sandusky Ohio. When Tu called the hotel they were aware of this problem so we cancelled that reservation and called the one here. They gave us the option of a suite, one king or one queen. Tu got us the suite. Shit, I could live in this thing. Seriously, it would be the perfect studio apartment complete with jaccuzi, 60 inch tv, etc.

Oh yeah...so after the show we're coming back here so I can wash off the tan, at least the sticky part of it, and then we're going back to the casino to have dinner, a drink, birthday cake, etc. We noticed a strip club next door to the casino and if anyone knows Tu he loves his strippers so I suggested stopping in on the way back to the hotel. LOL

Tu should treat you to a lap dance. Make sure you get a girl with big soft boobs, just the way you like em.:p

AVBG
11-20-2010, 09:08 PM

Hot pic Erinator!

Sledge
11-20-2010, 09:15 PM
2nd heavy
3rd Masters

GirlyMuscle
11-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Yay! All done! Nationally qualified with that 2nd place. ;)

Now it's party time! Pics will probably be tomorrow unless Tu does them while I shower and change. hint hint

Tu Holmes
11-20-2010, 09:59 PM
Ok Ok... I'll post a couple of pre-judging photos.

I think I left the camera with the night show shots in the car.

AVBG
11-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Great effort getting back on stage Erin! Remember the old GM? The one who'd pull out of shows? She's long long gone!

Tu Holmes
11-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Here's some of the Open Heavyweight Women.

Tu Holmes
11-20-2010, 10:10 PM
And the Women's Masters.

freebirdmac
11-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Congrats Erin!!!

Sledge
11-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Yay! All done! Nationally qualified with that 2nd place. ;)

Now it's party time! Pics will probably be tomorrow unless Tu does them while I shower and change. hint hint

Get him to take some pics in the shower too.:p

Sledge
11-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Just looking at the pics. Tan looks great and posing way better than the others. Gota nail the condition, you'd have taken out open and masters. Bum is still not allowed to shrink too much though.

tifflex
11-21-2010, 07:35 AM
Congratulations Erin; great job!

Curt James
11-21-2010, 07:52 AM
Congratulations! :beerbang:

BEAST MODE
11-21-2010, 08:15 AM
Way to go Erin!!! So proud of you bud!

joedemarco
11-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Great job!

musclegoddess65
11-21-2010, 02:01 PM
WOO HOO Erin!!!!

You rock girl.... can't wait to see more pictures and video....

KevinCouch
11-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Congrats Erin! You look great.
Kevin

Sledge
11-21-2010, 05:18 PM
I just woke up and looked at the pics again. Before my coffee, yikes. I compared them to last year and your whole shape overall has changed. You were right you have put on a lot more muscle and it seems to be over your whole body. So Sledges official feedback.

Lumpier than last year AA+

Now I wanna blow raspberries on your belly button and make you squirm.

AnglicanBeachParty
11-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Good job!!

stephaniewicked
11-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Congratulations, woman! Looking real good!!

GirlyMuscle
11-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Working on pics and video. Just to get started....

GirlyMuscle
11-21-2010, 10:06 PM

Sledge
11-21-2010, 10:12 PM
I'd do ya

GirlyMuscle
11-21-2010, 10:12 PM

Sledge
11-21-2010, 10:13 PM
That tan worked really well too didn't it.

GirlyMuscle
11-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Tu has more pics and video of my routine. He's still on the road.

I really had a good time this weekend and Tu helped make it so. He's a cool guy and we had a lot of fun.

Sledge
11-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Cool. What did ya have for breakfast? Chicken? fish? eggs?

GirlyMuscle
11-21-2010, 10:19 PM
That tan worked really well too didn't it.

It was a pain in the arse to put on the first three coats. You're supposed to apply, let dry at least 6 hrs, rinse in the shower, dry and reapply until you have three coats. Each time I rinsed off I felt like I lost the whole tan. I was really worried because while everyone thought I looked tan I knew from last year I wasn't tan enough. Then we get tot he venue and it's time to apply the second product. This stuff is a sticky paste and has to be buffed in my hand. I did everything myself in the restroom except my back. Tu and I hid off tot he side and he did my back. The second product made me look like deep mahogany wood. It was really moist and didn't dry. It came off on anything I touch but it as beautiful. Everyone was backstage oiling up and I didn't need to. This made my skin look moist but not too shiny. A got many compliments on my color from the other competitors. I looked as good as the airbrushed people. It was more work but I liked the results.

GirlyMuscle
11-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Cool. What did ya have for breakfast? Chicken? fish? eggs?

I took a pic of it and sent it to Richwa this morning. We ate at a Cracker Barrel. I had 3 eggs over medium, cheddar hash browns, 1 slice of bacon, 1/4 cup grits, 1 sausage patty, small ham slice, 2 pancakes with lots of syrup, OJ and coffee. That was at 12.

Next meal was at 7pm. LOL Jill and I went to Applebees. I did go to the grocery. Tomorrow is clean eating.

Sledge
11-21-2010, 10:40 PM
Oh so richwa gets a pic of breakfast. But not ol sledgy nooooooo I have to ask. Ptffff ;)

GirlyMuscle
11-21-2010, 10:44 PM
You get pics Rich doesn't get. ;)

AVBG
11-21-2010, 10:48 PM
It was a pain in the arse to put on the first three coats. You're supposed to apply, let dry at least 6 hrs, rinse in the shower, dry and reapply until you have three coats. Each time I rinsed off I felt like I lost the whole tan. I was really worried because while everyone thought I looked tan I knew from last year I wasn't tan enough. Then we get tot he venue and it's time to apply the second product. This stuff is a sticky paste and has to be buffed in my hand. I did everything myself in the restroom except my back. Tu and I hid off tot he side and he did my back. The second product made me look like deep mahogany wood. It was really moist and didn't dry. It came off on anything I touch but it as beautiful. Everyone was backstage oiling up and I didn't need to. This made my skin look moist but not too shiny. A got many compliments on my color from the other competitors. I looked as good as the airbrushed people. It was more work but I liked the results.

Rookie mistake.. The tan application.. The other way is you can do all coats within six hours - dont rinse until the last coat. Have you seen raising the bar series when Pulcinella put all his tan on the night before?

GirlyMuscle
11-21-2010, 10:52 PM
I haven't seen the third RTB. I just followed the directions that came with the product.

GirlyMuscle
11-21-2010, 10:53 PM
After the show, dressed up for dinner....

pDT8yufPCks

AVBG
11-21-2010, 10:53 PM
I haven't seen the third RTB. I just followed the directions that came with the product.

I used to do it that way..either way the tan and the suit looked great on you..... so proud of you!

GirlyMuscle
11-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Thanks, Alex! I'll try your way next time. It's all a learning process!

GirlyMuscle
11-21-2010, 11:22 PM
This was right after the night show before we went out.

7wc9cDrCRw4

Ibarramedia
11-21-2010, 11:40 PM
You look very good in your contest shape. :beerbang:

Tu Holmes
11-22-2010, 11:13 AM
I'll get around to posting the rest of the photos and stuff today.

axioma
11-22-2010, 11:43 AM
BAM! Look great! hard work payed off...look forward to seeing you at Masters Nats.

musclegoddess65
11-22-2010, 11:45 AM
man I am digging that room!

axioma
11-22-2010, 11:55 AM
me too! Where did you stay?

GirlyMuscle
11-22-2010, 12:44 PM
It was a suite at a Hampton Inn. It had a fullsized fridge, microwave, counter, sink, etc. A jaccuzi, steam shower, 2 huge tvs, leather sectional, our own patio...it was really cool.

GirlyMuscle
11-22-2010, 12:44 PM
BAM! Look great! hard work payed off...look forward to seeing you at Masters Nats.

If I'm still in the states by July I will attend...not compete. ;)

GirlyMuscle
11-22-2010, 01:12 PM
I'll get around to posting the rest of the photos and stuff today.

Thanks, Sweetie. :hmn:

Tu Holmes
11-22-2010, 01:16 PM
This was right after the night show before we went out.

7wc9cDrCRw4

Oh hey. I'm in that one... Damn, I look good.

GirlyMuscle
11-22-2010, 01:17 PM
I actually have a video with more of you in it but I thought you'd like to be the Enigma...

Tu Holmes
11-22-2010, 01:18 PM
I actually have a video with more of you in it but I thought you'd like to be the Enigma...

Yeah. Let's keep that deep cover.

GirlyMuscle
11-22-2010, 01:21 PM
It's just for me. ;)

Baldiewonkanobi
11-22-2010, 02:44 PM
If you come to Pitt.......BRING THAT SMILE.

Baldie

GirlyMuscle
11-22-2010, 07:46 PM
I will, Baldie. :hmn: