PDA

View Full Version : East Coast shows

GirlyMuscle
12-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Looking at my options for 2010...

Can anybody tell me anything about the NPC Maryland State in Rockville MD or the NPC Delaware State in Greenville DE? Is the Delaware the one that is also the East Coast Classic?

If I compete on the east coast I'd like to be within a 2 hour drive of my home town so that my Mom could come. Hometown is an hour northwest of Philadelphia. I want a late summer/early fall show, I think. Any other ideas?

MusclesMarinara
12-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Eastern USAs?

im doing the atlantic states in june

GirlyMuscle
12-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Heck no on the Eastern USAs. At least not this year. I just did that show in Nov. It's a TOUGH first show. See..the thing is nationals is the following week. So a lot of national level competitors use it as a warm up show. Two of the girls in my class (who placed 1st and 2nd) where national level.

I don't want to sound like a crybaby so I've never mentioned this before but I don't think it's right for already nationally qualified competitors to step back a level just to warm up for their national level show. I don't think it's fair to the people who aren't national level and busted their asses for months and months only to come up against competitors that far exceed the first timer. It feels like a college baseball team playing against Little Leaguers. There's just something unsportsmanlike in that. I know there's no rules saying they can't but still....it just doesn't feel right to me.

This year I'll pick my show a little better.

SallyAnne
12-08-2009, 08:46 PM
masters nationals in pitts, pa 3rd weekend in july. :) I'm telling you - you should do it. Besides, I need a roommate.

GirlyMuscle
12-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Jeebus Criminny! The Easterns was tough enough. They'd bury me alive at Master's Nats. I'd really rather not come in last again.

SallyAnne
12-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Jeebus Criminny! The Easterns was tough enough. They'd bury me alive at Master's Nats. I'd really rather not come in last again.

Way to defeat yourself before you get there. lol POSITIVE thoughts would be good, missy. I wouldn't tell you to do masters if I thought you sucked. lol I think you can make some gains this off season and then nail your conditioning. That's all it really comes down to for you at this point - conditioning. Me, too.

GirlyMuscle
12-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Oh I'm positive. I just don't want to bite off more than I'm ready to chew. I think I did that with Easterns. NYCMike kinda warned me. He said it would be a very tough first show.

I was thinking a national qualifier that's a decent sized show but not out of my league. I don't mind paying my dues and working my way up. My goal is to get nationally qualified this year. For instance, once I'm nationally qualified I want to go to Jr Nats. Not jump straight into the regular Nats.

SallyAnne
12-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Arizona show in July. :D You can stay with me.

GirlyMuscle
12-08-2009, 09:09 PM
I'll throw it into my hat. :)

SallyAnne
12-08-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm on your way home from AUS. It's a logical stop. :)

Curt James
12-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Looking at my options for 2010...

Can anybody tell me anything about the NPC Maryland State in Rockville MD or the NPC Delaware State in Greenville DE? Is the Delaware the one that is also the East Coast Classic?

If I compete on the east coast I'd like to be within a 2 hour drive of my home town so that my Mom could come. Hometown is an hour northwest of Philadelphia. I want a late summer/early fall show, I think. Any other ideas?

There wasn't a large number of female competitors in that show, but the quality was top notch.

http://www.marylandnpc.com/

Toney Freeman's scheduled to guest pose in 2010.

Rx Muscle gallery for the 2009 show:

http://www.rxmuscle.com/rxgallery.php?contest=61&year=58

GirlyMuscle
12-08-2009, 09:14 PM
That's true. Not sure about what I'm doing. Nothing's been set in stone. I do know I'm staying longer than originally planned. I could plan it so that I stop in AZ, do that show and then follow you to Masters nats just to scream my fool head off for you. THen thre's still shows in Aug/Sept. Ninja was telling me to do Masters and the Europa. I'm just all over the place at the moment. LMAO!

The Big Sexy
02-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Too bad you want to keep it on the East Coast... when you feel like stepping it up, the BEST coast awaits. ;)

GirlyMuscle
02-26-2010, 09:50 PM
I was hoping to make it driving distance for my family. NYC was too far for them to drive. (I live 3 hours away) Right now I'm looking at the Chamberlain Cup in West Chester PA. It's only 45 min away...no excuses.

empirestates
05-25-2011, 01:53 PM
empire states july 16th is a muscle mania show .. :)
about 2 hours ish from where you live