PDA

View Full Version : Natural Athlete in the IFBB

ironwarrior22
12-07-2009, 06:37 PM
What are your opinions on naturals making it into the ifbb? This is a goal of mine and Im curious if you guys think its possible?

xX}AmP{Xx
12-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Dave Goodin

ANADROLicfreak
12-07-2009, 08:04 PM
not very likely.not very likely even if enhanced.very hard to turn pro.

Mirko Cro Cop
12-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Only if you have absolutly insane genetics.

Team Franco
12-07-2009, 08:21 PM
What are your opinions on naturals making it into the ifbb? This is a goal of mine and Im curious if you guys think its possible?

You should first go for the goal of becoming and doing well in a Natty federation first to see how it goes. Then if you do well, go for the NPC route. Of course both paths can be taken at the same time.

juiceinator3000
12-07-2009, 08:44 PM
best way to do it is wait till your older in my opinion. it seems a lot easier for a natural to win their pro card at masters nats than lets say the USAs. a pro card's a pro card. that shit don't come easy if you're natural.

ironwarrior22
12-07-2009, 09:32 PM
You should first go for the goal of becoming and doing well in a Natty federation first to see how it goes. Then if you do well, go for the NPC route. Of course both paths can be taken at the same time.
Yeah I agree with you and this is a very long term goal 10 years + it's always been something that appeals to me. It would be like the equivalent of winning the arnold or the O.

NATURAL-1987
12-08-2009, 12:24 AM
Kai Greene won team U clean and turned pro as well as Dave Goodin. I also know of a few female athletes that have done it.

AVBG
12-08-2009, 04:06 AM
Insane task. Most who are capable of this feat are body builders on the lighter end of the weight classes.

ironwarrior22
12-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Insane task. Most who are capable of this feat are body builders on the lighter end of the weight classes.
I want to win in the super heavies:yep:

Youngguns
12-08-2009, 11:35 AM
http://jimmysmithtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/goodin4s.jpg

I saw you look at his weiner.

Stavman
12-08-2009, 11:37 AM
I want to win in the super heavies:yep:

You are mentally inept if you think you can do this.

ironwarrior22
12-08-2009, 04:04 PM
You are mentally inept if you think you can do this.
Thats exactly what I wanted to hear. Dont you ever make goals that seem near impossible? I feel goals like this will make me push myself as far as possible and even if I dont make it the progress will be far more than if I just accepted it as an impossibility. Im also mentally inept so whatever:)

ironwarrior22
12-08-2009, 04:08 PM
http://jimmysmithtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/goodin4s.jpg

I saw you look at his weiner.
He is an ifbb pro?

ANADROLicfreak
12-08-2009, 04:10 PM
ya he did.at masters usa or nationals i think.

ironwarrior22
12-08-2009, 04:15 PM
I dont think I could wait till I was a masters competitor. I would want to win in the opens. I would definitely resort to juicing before I was eligible for masters.

ANADROLicfreak
12-08-2009, 04:17 PM
its more than just using gear bro.genetics,hardwork have alot more to do with it.

ironwarrior22
12-08-2009, 04:48 PM
its more than just using gear bro.genetics,hardwork have alot more to do with it.
I totally agree. I think desire is the defining factor though. I know I never have had to work hard because i love it.

DICE
12-08-2009, 06:02 PM
I totally agree. I think desire is the defining factor though. I know I never have had to work hard because i love it.
Posts like this make me want to quit these forums.

ironwarrior22
12-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Posts like this make me want to quit these forums.
Please do.

AVBG
12-08-2009, 06:48 PM
IW. We all appreciate enthusiam but big aspirations about turning pro with the IFBB is going to attract scruitny. temper your enthusiasm as working out to you, in the years to what it takes to be in contention may be a different thing to what it is now. Freaks that are capable even in the states are few and far between in the genetic pool. Hard work ain't enough.

ironwarrior22
12-08-2009, 07:25 PM
IW. We all appreciate enthusiam but big aspirations about turning pro with the IFBB is going to attract scruitny. temper your enthusiasm as working out to you, in the years to what it takes to be in contention may be a different thing to what it is now. Freaks that are capable even in the states are few and far between in the genetic pool. Hard work ain't enough.
I really don't mean to offend or disrespect anyone. I'm sure most people on these boards grew up wanting to be like Arnold or win the O and most people never will, however, Ive always been a believer in dreaming big. I wouldn't have built my body to where it is without dreaming big.

flaccid_member
12-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Natural IFBB pros (past and present):

Bernard Sealy
Ronnie Coleman (the northeastern version)
Chris Faildo
Tim Martin
Jeff Willett
Skip LaCour
Dave Goodin
Wendell Floyd

These are just off the top of my head, but these are all people that have competed as and remain natural today.

ANADROLicfreak
12-08-2009, 08:01 PM
my advice would be to set smaller goals first.like maybe win a local show,then regional etc.

ironwarrior22
12-08-2009, 08:08 PM
my advice would be to set smaller goals first.like maybe win a local show,then regional etc.
I do this as well. I always set short and long term goals. Maybe my long term goals seem silly to most people but I don't really care if they help me it shouldn't be of concern to anyone else. Im definitely not saying next year the title is mine, I know I have a lot of work to put in.

Northman
12-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Only if you have absolutly insane genetics.

And your short and you like last place.

Steve56
12-08-2009, 11:18 PM
dude have u even competed yet??

This Is War
12-18-2009, 10:26 PM
I wish Chris Faldo would do a 202 show!

flaccid_member
12-18-2009, 10:37 PM
I wish Chris Faldo would do a 202 show!

He makes more guest posing, so he might do it for s**ts and giggles. Otherwise, no one except Chris and his wife know his plans.

Plus, he and his wife just had a kid a little while ago, so I'm sure his priorities lie elsewhere right now.

Por2gue
12-19-2009, 01:01 AM
I'm not one who believes Skip is natty.

flaccid_member
12-19-2009, 01:15 AM
I'm not one who believes Skip is natty.

I agree, although he never really made an impact in the IFBB, so I guess we'll never really know.

s2h
12-19-2009, 07:18 AM
1st off Dave Goodin won his pro card in masters 2nd he aint no natty(i'm from texas and know people who know him very well) HGH/HRT doesnt make you a natty scrip or no scrip,Dave's a hell of a nice guy w/ a great build but he would get destroyed at a 202 show,so with that said unless your the genetic freak of a life time stay with the NGA or NPC cause your not gonna step next to Branch,Kia etc and be in the same league,sorry!!!

juiceinator3000
12-19-2009, 09:05 AM
1st off Dave Goodin won his pro card in masters 2nd he aint no natty(i'm from texas and know people who know him very well) HGH/HRT doesnt make you a natty scrip or no scrip,Dave's a hell of a nice guy w/ a great build but he would get destroyed at a 202 show,so with that said unless your the genetic freak of a life time stay with the NGA or NPC cause your not gonna step next to Branch,Kia etc and be in the same league,sorry!!!
Dave's physique has not changed considerably (more like at all) since he started competing in the NPC so i'll never throw accusations his way. it seems that any natural who starts competing in NPC theres always someone out there saying you are not natural. Is it really that hard to believe that one of the top naturals in the world could not win an IFBB pro card :dunno: regardless dave did not try and win his pro card so he could compete in the 202 class and try and stand next to Kevin English. To him it's more of a prize than anything. And he won his class in the IFBB Worlds so the dude's no slouch

s2h
12-19-2009, 09:55 AM
never said he was a slouch and he has a great physique and i know he competes to challenge himself,it's not all about the trophys or the glory for him.BUT IM TELLING YOU FROM 1ST HAND KNOWLEDGE HE IS NOT A NATTY,PERIOD!!!It doesnt matter if it's UG or a legit doc's scrip your not a natty if your taken supps legit or not!!!

raylove
12-30-2009, 11:30 AM

Bernard Sealy
Chris Faildo
Tim Martin
Jeff Willett
Skip LaCour
Dave Goodin
Wendell Floyd

These are just off the top of my head, but these are all people that have competed as and remain natural today.

These are guys who went through the team U which is known to not have as good testing standards as the actual natural organizations and the team u you're allowed to be drug free for up to one year so if you go through the team u ya never really know if they are or arent...

raylove
12-30-2009, 11:32 AM
BTW dave won the masters at the North American this past year for anyone who wants to know...

bbdude1988
01-16-2010, 12:12 AM
I agree, although he never really made an impact in the IFBB, so I guess we'll never really know.

It certainly is hard to believe that he is a natty. If he isn't, his whole training business loses an immense amount of credibility in my opinion

flaccid_member
01-16-2010, 12:35 AM
It certainly is hard to believe that he is a natty. If he isn't, his whole training business loses an immense amount of credibility in my opinion

Well, like I said, we can all take it for what it's worth. Besides, only 2 people know if Skip really was/is natural or not, so I can only take what is said for face value.

titantrans
01-21-2010, 05:37 PM

Bernard Sealy
Chris Faildo
Tim Martin
Jeff Willett
Skip LaCour
Dave Goodin
Wendell Floyd

Am I the only person laughing my fucking ass off at this statement?

ygbodybuilder10
01-21-2010, 05:39 PM
didnt kai become a pro as natural

Jude2
01-21-2010, 08:35 PM
didnt kai become a pro as natural
I can believe it, he is a genetic freak.

sjl_bantam
01-22-2010, 12:47 AM
Am I the only person laughing my fucking ass off at this statement?

There is another Ronnie Coleman that was pretty big in the natural circuit that I think he is refering to, definately not the Mr. O Ronnie Coleman

Wolfstriked
01-24-2010, 10:08 PM
Fellas just look at the crotch for a hint as to wether they juice or not.If you have big muther fuckin balls you is natural.Skip has nothing in his suit and that just ain't possible considering high testosterone makes for large balls and penis.

No Homo!!!!!!!!!

Chunkymasters
02-12-2010, 09:16 PM
I am rooting for you ironwarrior.

PHYS.ED.
02-12-2010, 11:15 PM
we all are

AVBG
02-13-2010, 12:32 AM
Team ironwarrior! Road to the pros!

bigw0rm71
02-13-2010, 12:21 PM
no matter how hard the goal may seem to achieve...its not impossible so if u wanna make it a challenge for yourself to go through all the training eating sleeping and all the sacrafice needed to be dedicated towards it fuck it...go ahead and see what u can do but if ur gonna ask a bunch of forum members that almost all use drugs or have used ur gonna get nothing but haters haha so goodluck...its gonna be no fuckin walk in the park

AVBG
02-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Bump for IronWarrior22 to post up some pics!

I want to rename this thread.. ROAD TO THE PROS! BOOOM!

esgibson
02-13-2010, 05:55 PM
well u guys convinced me. i'm on board to! IronWarrior22 i'm pullin for u now brotha! u got fans so it hard and we wanna see u get that IFBB pro card! i think i'll work on gettin my natural one first...since thats still a slim chance for the average guy

JAM
02-13-2010, 06:01 PM
If you're extremely genetically gifted and know what they hell your doing I'd say there is a small chance of getting your IFBB card naturally but still a pretty long shot. As far as being in the IFBB and competing naturally, I'm sure you'd place nearly last at any show and just kind of slowly fade away and be forgotten.

AVBG
02-13-2010, 06:04 PM
Bump for the genetic elite.. ie Ironwarrior22.

werfewgrt
02-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Kai Greene won team U clean and turned pro as well as Dave Goodin. I also know of a few female athletes that have done it.

LMFAO
you go ahead and think that these guys are NATURALS. :byeb:

AVBG
02-14-2010, 06:49 PM
LMFAO
you go ahead and think that these guys are NATURALS. :byeb:

werfewgrt, they may not be natural but really what the fuck do you really know? Lol.

thesamewords
02-14-2010, 06:51 PM
The Texas Shredder.

AVBG
02-14-2010, 06:55 PM
The Texas Shredder.

Dave Goodin is a freak

JAM
02-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Being the worlds best natural bodybuilder is like being the worlds best MS Paint photo shopper.
It's pretty impressive but just get Adobe Photoshop already and achieve your true potential.

AVBG
02-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Being the worlds best natural bodybuilder is like being the worlds best MS Paint photo shopper.
It's pretty impressive but just get Adobe Photoshop already and achieve your true potential.
That's funny..

Timbo89
02-15-2010, 04:53 AM
just because someone says theyre natural doesnt make them natural. Michael lockett says hes natural too... i dont believe it lol.

AVBG
02-15-2010, 05:00 AM
just because someone says theyre natural doesnt make them natural. Michael lockett says hes natural too... i dont believe it lol.

Let's not take credit away from the people who claim they're natural and not failed a drug test.. Don't you follow Americans waffle on about "innocent until proven guilty"?

Without rehashing old boring shit... What Michael did was the Team Universe.. REMEMBER - TU is not a natural show, it is a drug tested show and their requirements are different from legit natural orgs like the INBA...

Timbo89
02-15-2010, 05:30 AM
Let's not take credit away from the people who claim they're natural and not failed a drug test.. Don't you follow Americans waffle on about "innocent until proven guilty"?

Without rehashing old boring shit... What Michael did was the Team Universe.. REMEMBER - TU is not a natural show, it is a drug tested show and their requirements are different from legit natural orgs like the INBA...

yeah, i know what he did, but he also went on record as to saying hes natural. Actually, it was in an interview in an MD magazine two decembers back I believe, maybe it was january 09

Foreman_Rules
02-15-2010, 07:29 AM
Only if you have absolutly insane genetics.ROFL in your dreams.

IFBB = massive drug abuse and low self esteem.

Timbo89
02-15-2010, 08:23 AM
ROFL in your dreams.

IFBB = massive drug abuse and low self esteem.

i wouldnt say all people in the IFBB have low self-esteem. In fact, there are quite a few who think they should own the world and piss gold. *cough* flex wheeler *cough*

Puma
03-18-2010, 04:38 AM
Can't be done.

Puma
03-23-2010, 01:45 AM
Not trying to be negative it's just like talking about qualifying for the Indy 500 on a bicycle.

IL WNBF Pro
03-23-2010, 02:59 PM

Clean...yes.....natural.....Ummmmm

IL WNBF Pro
03-23-2010, 03:02 PM

I dont know why, but I love this comment.....

NATURAL-1987
03-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Clean...yes.....natural.....Ummmmm
Kai was a WNBF and NGA Pro before he turned Pro with the IFBB. Not sure if you knew that or not. But I do get what your saying.

IL WNBF Pro
03-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Kai was a WNBF and NGA Pro before he turned Pro with the IFBB. Not sure if you knew that or not. But I do get what your saying.

Oh, I knew he was in the WNBF....and I recall reading in one of the NB&F magazines what he 'supposedly' ate every day. Let me just say, that as naive as I was back then....I KNEW it was bullshit. Wish I could find it. Something like 3 dozen eggs a day, 15 chicken breasts, 2 bottles of aminos, etc, etc. PER DAY!! Riiiiiiiiiiight

tiramisu
03-23-2010, 10:53 PM
unpossible, You may be good at passing tests but it can't be done in the current IFBB.

NATURAL-1987
03-23-2010, 10:55 PM
Ok, you knew. I also watched a video Dave did with him called "hungry for the win" and Dave mentioned he was eating 8 or 10lbs(not sure of the number) of tilapia every day.
Only thing I am going off of when it comes to Kai before he was in the IFBB and turning pro at team U was the fact that he was a Natty Pro and what he looked like as one and comparing it to what he looks like now. Honestly, if someone is or in this case was a Natty Pro I believe it means that they are drug free as per the federation they compete in asks them to be. Maybe other people have different ways of looking at it, but this is just the way I see it. We all have our opinions and I respect everyone elses and I hope mine gets respected as well.

Deltasaurus
03-24-2010, 02:28 AM
how big are most of the natural guys off season? and height too

Puma
03-24-2010, 03:11 AM
how big are most of the natural guys off season? and height too
I know one who is 6' 1" and about 235 lbs :)

NATURAL-1987
03-24-2010, 09:00 AM
I know one who was 5'11'' 243lbs am weight there last off-season. :)

IL WNBF Pro
03-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Ok, you knew. I also watched a video Dave did with him called "hungry for the win" and Dave mentioned he was eating 8 or 10lbs(not sure of the number) of tilapia every day.
Only thing I am going off of when it comes to Kai before he was in the IFBB and turning pro at team U was the fact that he was a Natty Pro and what he looked like as one and comparing it to what he looks like now. Honestly, if someone is or in this case was a Natty Pro I believe it means that they are drug free as per the federation they compete in asks them to be. Maybe other people have different ways of looking at it, but this is just the way I see it. We all have our opinions and I respect everyone elses and I hope mine gets respected as well.

Well, some are drug free per the organization. I think we could agree on that point. I would personally love to believe that everyone is drug free. When there are claims like what you just mentioned...or this:

TV: You have a reputation for eating an enormous amount of food. A few years ago one magazine reported that you consume up to 30 chicken breasts and 16 dozen egg whites a day. Is that true?

KG: It's true, but to think that I eat all that food in a single day isn't accurate. There are times in my off season when I’m not using chicken and I’ll try to find the equivalent in egg whites as far as protein value, so it’s one or the other. But I do get kind of ridiculous sometimes. It’s not because I intend to, but understand that as a natural bodybuilder to be 5’8" and to try to compete at 226-230, we’re not talking about complying with the same standards that are set for those natural bodybuilders with the limitations I mentioned earlier

16 dozen eggs.....even iff he is consuming JUST the egg whites...thats 474gms of protein. NOT counting the chicken breasts....not counting any other protein either. Can you say FULL OF SHIT?

Deltasaurus
03-24-2010, 12:28 PM
how lean where that at that weight? 10-14%?

NATURAL-1987
03-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Well, some are drug free per the organization. I think we could agree on that point. I would personally love to believe that everyone is drug free. When there are claims like what you just mentioned...or this:

TV: You have a reputation for eating an enormous amount of food. A few years ago one magazine reported that you consume up to 30 chicken breasts and 16 dozen egg whites a day. Is that true?

KG: It's true, but to think that I eat all that food in a single day isn't accurate. There are times in my off season when I’m not using chicken and I’ll try to find the equivalent in egg whites as far as protein value, so it’s one or the other. But I do get kind of ridiculous sometimes. It’s not because I intend to, but understand that as a natural bodybuilder to be 5’8" and to try to compete at 226-230, we’re not talking about complying with the same standards that are set for those natural bodybuilders with the limitations I mentioned earlier

16 dozen eggs.....even iff he is consuming JUST the egg whites...thats 474gms of protein. NOT counting the chicken breasts....not counting any other protein either. Can you say FULL OF SHIT?

lol. Good find.

IL WNBF Pro
03-24-2010, 10:42 PM
lol. Good find.

See what I am saying? At my last pro show, there was a guy 238lbs at 6' 2...looked like he was 2wks out. I find that a little fishy.

Puma
04-05-2010, 06:36 AM
There are 3 classes of bodybuilders. Enhanced, natural, and test beaters. The 3rd are the worse (and pathetic) as they are competing unfairly (often with the assumption that the natural athlete doesn't really exist). I think a lot of the confusion on this thread is between the athletes who are test beaters and the real naturals.

IL WNBF Pro
04-05-2010, 01:52 PM
There are 3 classes of bodybuilders. Enhanced, natural, and test beaters. The 3rd are the worse (and pathetic) as they are competing unfairly (often with the assumption that the natural athlete doesn't really exist). I think a lot of the confusion on this thread is between the athletes who are test beaters and the real naturals.

Just be sure to clarify that "test beaters" often portray themselves as natural/drug free

Kiyoshi Moody
04-07-2010, 11:05 AM
If you put limits on yourself that you cant achieve something, then you are already defeating yourself!!!

chris faildo
04-07-2010, 01:50 PM
He makes more guest posing, so he might do it for s**ts and giggles. Otherwise, no one except Chris and his wife know his plans.

Plus, he and his wife just had a kid a little while ago, so I'm sure his priorities lie elsewhere right now.Aloha from Hawaii Rx muscle fans, I rarely have a chance to jump on these boards because of my limited time but this thread caught my attention. First I would like to say that life is so much fun and enjoyable with my wife and 14 month old Flexx Ray Faildo. We are all doing great and very, very busy. All of you dads out there know what I mean when I say "Life Changing". This past Sunday was one of those special days...Easter! Flexx had a blast dyeing eggs and totally got it all over himself too.
As far as me getting on stage with those monster 202's.....well, I don't think i stand a chance in hell! I'm being totally honest. Don't get me wrong- I am still training like an animal everyday and still carrying my cooler with all of my food packed and ready to go. I am still in the game of bodybuilding and carrying a very good physique. Nothing has changed since receiving my Pro Card in 2007. I am very proud to be a Lifetime Natural IFBB Pro. It took me 26 years to get that card and I believe that hard work, determination and tons of sacrifice was my pathway to success.
I know that there are many of you out there who doubt me being totally clean- it's ok- I would too. Only those who really know me understand my life and my morals and that all that matters to me. I enjoy bodybuilding and it is part of my life that will be with me forever. I thank those who has purchased my DVD and got a better understanding about who I am and my life.
So to answer the question about if it is possible to get a Pro Card Natural- Hell Ya! It may take you 26 years but it is worth the wait.
I was very fortunate to have the one and only Dave Palumbo interview me onstage after my victory at the Team Universe. Check it out on YouTube and tell me if I look like i take drugs- I don't think so.
Aloha and mahalo my friends... The Hawaiian Hurricane.

NATURAL-1987
04-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Wow, thank-you for coming by. Your welcome here any time.

Kiyoshi Moody
04-08-2010, 02:07 PM
YouTube- Bodybuilding Dream

Tim Martin
04-11-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm glad Chris posted a response to this thread. He has been one of the role models for me in this sport, and like him I also turned pro at the Team Universe. Let me clarify something: I don't think all Team Universe champions are lifetime natural, but I have gotten the opportunity to get to know some of them and there are some that I believe actually are. There is only one way to turn pro as a natural bodybuilder - the NPC Team Universe. Now, there are those who freely admit that they are simply following the guidelines of the show by being clean for one year, but there are others who have chosen to compete drug-free not for the reason to simply pass a test, but as a way to live our lives.

I don't look down on athletes who chose to use drugs as I have entered many "open" shows, but obviously I believe training drug-free is the preferred method, or else I would have chosen the other route. As for competing in the IFBB, it is possible, however your competitive goals might have to be altered a bit. I did the IFBB Atlantic City Pro last September and managed to place 11th out of 22 while admittedly not at my best. My goal was to place in the top half of competitors which I managed to by the skin of my teeth. This year I plan on doing the IFBB Europa shows in Hartford and Dallas, basically with the same goal in either the open of 202 classes. Competing as a natural IFBB pro is purely a personal challenge to come it at your all time best. The critics will say that either you are a shitty pro or lying about being natural, but when the dust settles their opinions really don't mean a thing.

thesamewords
04-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Just be sure to clarify that "test beaters" often portray themselves as natural/drug free
Thats exactly what i was gonna say.