PDA

View Full Version : Road to my first show (pics)

MusclesMarinara
12-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Heres some pics i took last week when i first decided i was going to do a show. Im going to do the NPC Atlantic States June 5th as well an an OCB show in August. Right now im 5'10 200lbs. Im going to be trying to put on a little more size while enjoying the holidays and then start dieting February 13th. I will put up more pics before i start the diet.

Feel free to comment positively or negatively. I can take it, dont hold back lol. Thanks guys

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/picture.php?albumid=339&pictureid=3289 http://forums.rxmuscle.com/picture.php?albumid=339&pictureid=3292
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/picture.php?albumid=339&pictureid=3291 http://forums.rxmuscle.com/picture.php?albumid=339&pictureid=3293

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/picture.php?albumid=339&pictureid=3290 http://forums.rxmuscle.com/picture.php?albumid=339&pictureid=3294
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/picture.php?albumid=339&pictureid=3298 http://forums.rxmuscle.com/picture.php?albumid=339&pictureid=3297

GirlyMuscle
12-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Do you have any idea how much you'll have to lose? Are you giving yourself enough time?

ANADROLicfreak
12-07-2009, 07:37 PM
bro just keep training.dont worry about competing yet.

bodyhard
12-07-2009, 07:46 PM
You need to gain some more LBM. Keep in mind that when you are ready to compete you will have to diet down and lose a lot of your hard earn muscle along the way. IMO you are not ready yet, keep training and getting bigger. Good base though.

DICE
12-07-2009, 07:53 PM
You need to keep training.Aim for another show perhaps.

DICE
12-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Right now once you cut all that fat u would probably be around 160, and not very muscular. Take the advice of people that posted above.

MusclesMarinara
12-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Do you have any idea how much you'll have to lose? Are you giving yourself enough time?

My prep coach will decide that. I'm more worried about the show in august

MusclesMarinara
12-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Right now once you cut all that fat u would probably be around 160, and not very muscular. Take the advice of people that posted above.

Are u stalking me into the natty section?

DICE
12-07-2009, 09:20 PM
No, just giving you constructive criticism. We all start somewhere. Thanks for the post on my profile.

ANADROLicfreak
12-07-2009, 09:27 PM
dice is just trying to give you constructive critism.which you had asked for.just keep training bro.even do a show if you must.do what makes you happy.

MusclesMarinara
12-07-2009, 09:46 PM
dice is just trying to give you constructive critism.which you had asked for.just keep training bro.even do a show if you must.do what makes you happy.

Well u can't tell w that dude. If that's the case my bad. I appreciate everyones comments

ANADROLicfreak
12-07-2009, 09:47 PM
ya i think he meant it in a positive way.

MusclesMarinara
12-07-2009, 10:08 PM

you really think id only be 160? i dont think i need to lose 40lbs...
(honest question)

ANADROLicfreak
12-07-2009, 10:11 PM
you never know when you come down far enough to compete.3 or 4 percent bodyfat is hard to obtain.you never know what you weigh in until you suck down.

NATURAL-1987
12-08-2009, 12:27 AM
^^^^ Very true, especially for your first show, you never know.

AVBG
12-08-2009, 04:00 AM
Wether you end up ready or not it's paramount to set yourself definable goals with actual dates to meet. You got enough people saying you shouldn't, that's great inspiration to set the fires alight so you can step up your training and nutrition.

When it gets to June or August whichever you decide you'll know wether to step on stage.

DAVIDHARDY
12-08-2009, 07:19 AM
Are u stalking me into the natty section?

He's cool dude, he's just a bit old skool, so he doesn't bs people, which is the way that EVERYONE should be.

Solid advice right there; make yourself happy!

you really think id only be 160? i dont think i need to lose 40lbs...
(honest question)

You'd be surprised, I lost 37 pounds by the time that I'd done my 2nd show and I felt that I could have been a tad sharper.

you never know when you come down far enough to compete.3 or 4 percent bodyfat is hard to obtain.you never know what you weigh in until you suck down.

What he said

^^^^ Very true, especially for your first show, you never know.

Yep, we get caught up with a number on the scale, when we should actually be worrying about the reflection in the mirror.

Wether you end up ready or not it's paramount to set yourself definable goals with actual dates to meet. You got enough people saying you shouldn't, that's great inspiration to set the fires alight so you can step up your training and nutrition.

When it gets to June or August whichever you decide you'll know wether to step on stage.

Very good advice here as well. Make sure that you have a timeline, because then you will do EVERYTHING in your power to make sure that you meet your goals, assuming that they are realistic in the 1st place. Don't go saying that you want shredded glutes in 8 weeks from your current condition, because I don't care if you eat little to nothing and do 4 hours cardio a day, you won't reach that type of condition unless you give yourself plenty of time to do it. You do have plenty of time, since you are waiting for a later summer show, but don't mill around and be undecided for too long either. If you are going to do this, then make your mind up now and set up a plan that gives you some room for error. Use the constricitve criticism to your advantage as AVBG stated. It doesn't mean that you hate someone just because you keep running through your head that they said that you shouldn't do it. I recall Scoobysnacks telling me that I wouldn't get shredded glutes in time for my show. I decided right then and there that I was going to prove him wrong, no matter what it took, and I used that for my motivation. He wasn't being a dick, he was just being realistic. I don't think that I was ready to step on stage, because I lacked size, but I did it anyway. The reason that I did it is there is simply no substitute for stage time when it comes to actually being "ready" one day. Competing is a lot of fun, and I wouldn't discourage anyone from doing it if they are in good shape. Now, if you were putting up these pics and asked if you would be ready in 6 weeks, then I'd say sit this one out, but you have plenty of time to get into shape for a show. You will be undersized, but can't we all use more muscle anyway? Now, if you are looking to be somewhat competitive, then I'd say stay away from the NPC and go with a natural org, even if you have to travel a little. If you plan on doing this stuff for a while, you are going to have to eventually travel anyway, so why not go ahead and get used to it now. The NGA has a few shows in that part of the country:
http://www.nationalgym.com/nga/information.php?info_id=56

there is one in June in Jersey

http://www.nationalgym.com/nga/information.php?info_id=63

and there are a few in neh hampshire, virginia, and pa later in the year.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do, but do it well! Put in 100% and you'll be happy with your results. Remember, get freakin peeled!

juiceinator3000
12-08-2009, 10:14 AM
not bullshitting you i would honestly say you'll probably be in the 150s if you come in shredded. i would recommend working on the legs and back big time as those will respond fastest generally because they are bigger muscles and should produce more strength and size faster than say the arms. they seem to be lagging a lot. work on posing a lot too. it makes a difference. sorry if i seem like im being brutal but im just telling the truth.

MusclesMarinara
12-08-2009, 12:52 PM
He's cool dude, he's just a bit old skool, so he doesn't bs people, which is the way that EVERYONE should be.

Solid advice right there; make yourself happy!

You'd be surprised, I lost 37 pounds by the time that I'd done my 2nd show and I felt that I could have been a tad sharper.

What he said

Yep, we get caught up with a number on the scale, when we should actually be worrying about the reflection in the mirror.

Very good advice here as well. Make sure that you have a timeline, because then you will do EVERYTHING in your power to make sure that you meet your goals, assuming that they are realistic in the 1st place. Don't go saying that you want shredded glutes in 8 weeks from your current condition, because I don't care if you eat little to nothing and do 4 hours cardio a day, you won't reach that type of condition unless you give yourself plenty of time to do it. You do have plenty of time, since you are waiting for a later summer show, but don't mill around and be undecided for too long either. If you are going to do this, then make your mind up now and set up a plan that gives you some room for error. Use the constricitve criticism to your advantage as AVBG stated. It doesn't mean that you hate someone just because you keep running through your head that they said that you shouldn't do it. I recall Scoobysnacks telling me that I wouldn't get shredded glutes in time for my show. I decided right then and there that I was going to prove him wrong, no matter what it took, and I used that for my motivation. He wasn't being a dick, he was just being realistic. I don't think that I was ready to step on stage, because I lacked size, but I did it anyway. The reason that I did it is there is simply no substitute for stage time when it comes to actually being "ready" one day. Competing is a lot of fun, and I wouldn't discourage anyone from doing it if they are in good shape. Now, if you were putting up these pics and asked if you would be ready in 6 weeks, then I'd say sit this one out, but you have plenty of time to get into shape for a show. You will be undersized, but can't we all use more muscle anyway? Now, if you are looking to be somewhat competitive, then I'd say stay away from the NPC and go with a natural org, even if you have to travel a little. If you plan on doing this stuff for a while, you are going to have to eventually travel anyway, so why not go ahead and get used to it now. The NGA has a few shows in that part of the country:
http://www.nationalgym.com/nga/information.php?info_id=56

there is one in June in Jersey

http://www.nationalgym.com/nga/information.php?info_id=63

and there are a few in neh hampshire, virginia, and pa later in the year.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do, but do it well! Put in 100% and you'll be happy with your results. Remember, get freakin peeled!

thanks alot bro.

MusclesMarinara
12-08-2009, 12:52 PM
not bullshitting you i would honestly say you'll probably be in the 150s if you come in shredded. i would recommend working on the legs and back big time as those will respond fastest generally because they are bigger muscles and should produce more strength and size faster than say the arms. they seem to be lagging a lot. work on posing a lot too. it makes a difference. sorry if i seem like im being brutal but im just telling the truth.

no need to apologize, i appreciate the comments.

AVBG
12-08-2009, 06:58 PM
If you don't start to take the steps to a competitive stage sooner rather than later you may be delaying an opportunity to get to know what works, as getting on sound nutrition in my experience with (modest) contest prep can have significant advantage to trainer with their body composition

MusclesMarinara
12-08-2009, 07:06 PM
If you don't start to take the steps to a competitive stage sooner rather than later you may be delaying an opportunity to get to know what works, as getting on sound nutrition in my experience with (modest) contest prep can have significant advantage to trainer with their body composition

i didnt quite understand the last part.

AVBG
12-08-2009, 07:15 PM
i didnt quite understand the last part.

Lol, me neither.

When you start a spot on diet for the first time around your body will not only get cut but you can put on size.

MusclesMarinara
12-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Lol, me neither.

When you start a spot on diet for the first time around your body will not only get cut but you can put on size.

i hope so. i figure after i cut the bodyfat it would give me a better opportunity to put on LBM as well.

DAVIDHARDY
12-08-2009, 08:36 PM
i hope so. i figure after i cut the bodyfat it would give me a better opportunity to put on LBM as well.

WOW! This is the 1st time that I've actually heard someone get this right! I can't stand hearing guy's say that they want to bulk up just a little more before they cut. Fuck that shit, diet down and really see what you are working with, then focus on putting good size on. Props to you on that one! Good luck man; you gonna go keto or carb cycle?

DAVIDHARDY
12-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Lol, me neither.

Definitely! The 1st time around, you will gain some size along with cutting body fat, so the scale will be misleading at times. You could lose 40lbs of bodyfat and actually only lose 35 total pounds due to a 5 pound increase in muscle, especially if your good fats are high enough.

MusclesMarinara
12-08-2009, 09:46 PM
WOW! This is the 1st time that I've actually heard someone get this right! I can't stand hearing guy's say that they want to bulk up just a little more before they cut. Fuck that shit, diet down and really see what you are working with, then focus on putting good size on. Props to you on that one! Good luck man; you gonna go keto or carb cycle?

thanks bro. im gonna go w keto and see how my body responds.

MusclesMarinara
12-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Definitely! The 1st time around, you will gain some size along with cutting body fat, so the scale will be misleading at times. You could lose 40lbs of bodyfat and actually only lose 35 total pounds due to a 5 pound increase in muscle, especially if your good fats are high enough.

that shouldnt be a problem, my prep coach is high on good fats :D

GirlyMuscle
12-08-2009, 10:15 PM
I think you should do the show. I agree with cutting down, doing a show and seeing what's under there. Then you can plan the next step with an honest evaluation of what you have. I just did that. Dieted down, did a show (10 pounds heavier than I should have been) but I learned A LOT and now I have an idea of what's under there and what I need to work on for next time.

MusclesMarinara
12-08-2009, 10:34 PM
thanks, im going to. ill put up some pics right before i start dieting.

DAVIDHARDY
12-09-2009, 03:42 PM
thanks bro. im gonna go w keto and see how my body responds.

It should do just fine, especially the 1st time around!