PDA

View Full Version : Canadian National Champ 6 days out from Worlds

Manavs
12-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Hey everyone,

very happy to post some shots of my friend and client Chris Gurunlian from Montreal. He won the Canadian National Classic division earlier in the year - where at 170cm you can only be 154 lbs. He is on his way to Spain for the IFBB World - Classical division this weekend.

Knowing the competition for the IFBB Worlds was going to require him to be super lean, I opted to use a keto diet on him and used ALR and Species supplements.

Very basic 3 meals 3 shakes a day for the first 8 weeks, then 6 solid fish meals for 4 weeks then tinkering daily for the last 4.

He ran Tri-Lean for the first 8 weeks Lipolyze/Somalyze for the last 8 weeks.

Chain'd Out Throughout -

The evo-stack for the first 12 weeks then another bottle of restore to really help dry him out.

This is a really low body weight for him and has still a few more lbs to go in the next few days.

Here are a few pics still with sodium in :yep: and btw - lifetime 100% steroid/diuretic/drug free.

I actually wish they had this classical division here in the states.

Michael

Jude2
12-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Looks good.

NATURAL-1987
12-08-2009, 12:22 AM
I wish him luck, IFBB Worlds is no joke. A lot of those classic guys look insane. Tell him to make sure he is a few lbs below weight because they might measure him in shorter then you guys would and he would have to try and drop weight. Just a tip, from experience.

Manavs
12-08-2009, 12:32 AM
thanks jude and natural1987!

he's 168cm any which way you cut him, shit if we have to get him any lighter, he wont make it. 153.9lbs is going to be a depleting stretch as it is.

god knows what the criteria will be, but he is peeled - that was our only goal - let the muscles fall where they may, i just wanted him to show up with a dry xmas tree, cross striations, and underweight for weigh in. we can take care of the rest with food carbing up.

its a weird time frame too -
weigh in friday night 7pm
prejudge round 1 - 1030am sat
prejudge round 2 - 4 pm sat
finals 11am Sunday?!?!?!

i'll keep this thread updated, they are actually live webstreaming the show at ifbb.com.

Curt James
12-08-2009, 07:09 AM
I actually wish they had this classical division here in the states.

Michael

He looks great. Thanks for posting!

And there is a Classic division or Athletic division in NABBA USA, I believe.

vboissiere
12-08-2009, 07:22 AM
Wow, that's impressive! Wish him the best!

juiceinator3000
12-08-2009, 10:01 AM
i looked at the formula on the ifbb page for this year and for 170 cm you can be 72 kilos which is about 158.4 pounds so you should have some leeway.
formula = Men Classic BB Up to & including 170 cm + 2 kg
170-100+2=72 kilos
72kilos x 2.2=~158 pounds

Manavs
12-08-2009, 10:18 AM
He looks great. Thanks for posting!

And there is a Classic division or Athletic division in NABBA USA, I believe.

Thanks Curt - i was thinking more NPC

Wow, that's impressive! Wish him the best!
Will do thanks

i looked at the formula on the ifbb page for this year and for 170 cm you can be 72 kilos which is about 158.4 pounds so you should have some leeway.
formula = Men Classic BB Up to & including 170 cm + 2 kg
170-100+2=72 kilos
72kilos x 2.2=~158 pounds

Eric - your very sharp - I read the same thing - but he tells me that for his canadian championship they subtracted 100 from HIS height. which is 168cm.

they do this for each competitor so that for example you dont get a 160cm guy coming in at 158 lbs.

he assures me that he falls at the 154 weight and that its written poorly. i on the other hand am still not convinced as to me its written like your stating and we have a few more lbs to play with.
:dunno::dunno::dunno:

juiceinator3000
12-08-2009, 10:48 AM
yea well i guess i can understand both methods then. but you're right im crazy when it comes to numbers lol. i was only interested because i have a more "classic" physique and was wondering what this is all about (ie i'll probably never do great in open NPC because i am too small lol). either way i would try and email IFBB then to find out. 4 pounds is quite the difference =)

NATURAL-1987
12-08-2009, 12:38 PM
its a weird time frame too -
weigh in friday night 7pm
prejudge round 1 - 1030am sat
prejudge round 2 - 4 pm sat
finals 11am Sunday?!?!?!

i'll keep this thread updated, they are actually live webstreaming the show at ifbb.com.[/quote]

Pre-judging has been 10 hours and finals another 8 hours. No joke. Each class takes an hour if there are more then 15 guys. Any less, probably 30 minutes minimum. Make sure he has all he needs when he is there as far as food and water. Who is travelling as CBBF Rep? Anyone else canadian doing the show?

Manavs
12-11-2009, 06:49 PM
I just checked in with Chris - (skype is a wonderful tool)

he weighed in "taller" than he thought LOL no thats not a typo. They measured him 1cm taller so he didnt have to drop to 154 and went to 156.2, and then we found out that he only has to be at prejuding #2 (the first one is for the men's fitness and something else) its going to be webcast at 10am est - spain to east cost is 6hrs.

he had dropped to 155 a few hours before weigh in, so we started the carb up slightly before weigh in.

anyways, he is feeling great filling up nicely, and drying out right on the money. we actually got the advantage of 5.5 more hours to carb him up so everything is going as desired thus far.

we were doing high sodium and cut it friday morning, cut his water at 18hrs before prejudge and started with some wet carbs, and transfered over to some dry for the last few meals and thru the night. he is heating up nicely, filling out, and cotton mouthing =)

he said there were 15-20 competitors in his class and everyone was looking shredded. which i responded to - "dumbass, its the worlds, and they have great drugs lol =) what did you expect... silly canook"

gave him a lil pep talk, said listen you suffered you fucking ass off. did the work and dialed it in. everyone is shredded at weigh in, so what? they;re thinking the same about you! its on stage that counts, if someone is better than you so be it - you dont want anything you didnt deserve. if your the best, your the best! and youll gladly come home with the hardware. but you know you brought the best package youve ever brought - theres nothing left to fuck up, just keep eating and dont let yourself go flat and let the chips fall where they may..

then i forward him a rocky 4 and rocky 6 clip from youtube

hopefully that lasts a few hours LOL