PDA

View Full Version : IBS

Carolyn Bryant
03-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Are there any IBS sufferers out there? I need to hear from you. What do you think triggers the problem? Any particular foods or circumstances? For me, it's stress. Tell us about some of your most embarrassing moments. What products have you found to help alleviate the discomfort. I have tried just about everything. Most of the time I just have to let it ride out. However, recently I have been using peppermint oil capsules. They are wonderful. Thank God I don't have a man following me around the house everyday. It has gotten so bad at times that I really think the couch wouldn't have been an option. I would have been asked to sleep outside with the dogs. Signed, the Girl Talk Originator.

ironman70
03-04-2009, 01:34 AM
Not a girl, but I suffer from IBS too. Acutally I don't really suffer from it anymore. Ever since I started Dave's Keto diet, my symptoms have all but vanished. I do, however, still take the generic form of Pamelor. It is a mild anti-depressent that has constipation side-effects that helps as well.

Jer
03-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Not a girl either, but I have Crohn's disease, so I feel your issues.

I think stress is the biggest trigger.

The thing with triggers food wise is, it's different for everyone. I know several people with the same disease that can eat things I wouldn't touch.

I can't do tomato sauce, peppers, popcorn, beer, things with seeds, probably a bunch more, but I stay away.

But, when it's bad, it doesn't matter if I eat dry chicken. I'll still be sick.

I've taken a bunch of different meds. Some worked for a while, some didnt' do shit. I'm on Remicade now and I feel great.

Lee Penman
03-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Not a girl either, but I have Crohn's disease, so I feel your issues.

I think stress is the biggest trigger.

The thing with triggers food wise is, it's different for everyone. I know several people with the same disease that can eat things I wouldn't touch.

I can't do tomato sauce, peppers, popcorn, beer, things with seeds, probably a bunch more, but I stay away.

But, when it's bad, it doesn't matter if I eat dry chicken. I'll still be sick.

I've taken a bunch of different meds. Some worked for a while, some didnt' do shit. I'm on Remicade now and I feel great.
A Psyllium Husk supplement triggered a bad attack of ulcerative colitis with me !

upnorthgirl
03-15-2009, 01:32 AM
I've had it since my early 20's. It was brought on by stress as well. But since I started clean eating and then eventually competing, its been really good.
I have to stay away from all dairy and well of course fried foods.

It does get better. I gave up on all the drugs my doctor wanted me to take and just switched to good food.