PDA

View Full Version : would like opinion from those who have competed naturally

jscan1
12-09-2009, 05:42 PM
After a 20 year layoff I picked back up the weights again in April weighing a gross 264 lbs, today I have dumped a ton of bodyfat and am tipping the scales at 200. I am considering doing a show end of march early april and just want to get some honest opinion on if I am holding enough size to actually do it without embarrasing myself, or perhaps I should take another year and keep hitting it hard (I prefer the honest opinion from people who have competed and not just someone taking time to bash my pics) I do about 2000 cals on a 40 40 20 split. AM going on a ski trip 1st week of Jan and will probably start a contest prep diet (probably Keto) upon my return. Also am 43 so would be in a masters novice division I guess

flaccid_member
12-09-2009, 06:09 PM
After a 20 year layoff I picked back up the weights again in April weighing a gross 264 lbs, today I have dumped a ton of bodyfat and am tipping the scales at 200. I am considering doing a show end of march early april and just want to get some honest opinion on if I am holding enough size to actually do it without embarrasing myself, or perhaps I should take another year and keep hitting it hard (I prefer the honest opinion from people who have competed and not just someone taking time to bash my pics) I do about 2000 cals on a 40 40 20 split. AM going on a ski trip 1st week of Jan and will probably start a contest prep diet (probably Keto) upon my return. Also am 43 so would be in a masters novice division I guess

Looking great, jscan. Nice foundation and congrats for making the decision to step on stage! 2 questions:

1-How tall are you?
2-Pics of your legs?

Then we can all get a better idea. I'll critique you as I'm sure you'll have plenty of advice. Good luck and welcome aboard!

jscan1
12-09-2009, 06:14 PM
5'11 Here is the best I got for legs (I have a few in my calvins but think I'll need to get a little braver for those) I am actually starting to see some decent seperation in my quads but this pic doesn't show it at all, they measure about 24.5

flaccid_member
12-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Definitely a ton of potential. Your legs look great. IMO, just a little more thickness and outer sweep in the quad. Hit your compound movements hard.

Chest needs some thickness and the lats need width. You def have nice taper and symmetry.

If your body allows for it, keep the squat and deadlift as part of your core movements. The bench press is optional, but for someone as tall as you, go with the "jailhouse workout"-pushups and pullups.

Eat, sleep, train and grow.

Great job, jscan!

Oh, what show and what federation are you choosing?

Team Franco
12-09-2009, 06:34 PM
No question you can compete. Just keep on pushing it, and lose the body fat. Just dont get caught up on bodyweight. The judges will not ask for your weight!

Got for it!.

GENESIS
12-09-2009, 06:49 PM
you have a good rib cage, and a solid amount of muscle. GO FOR IT!

DAVIDHARDY
12-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Do it dude. You have a good structure for it, so get lean and really see what you look like. Good advice in all above posts.:yep:

jscan1
12-10-2009, 09:37 AM
thanks guys...I have a few more questions but got called into Jury Duty this morning (uggh) hopefully will be back to ask them later

GENESIS
12-10-2009, 11:35 AM
well be waiting...

AVBG
12-10-2009, 11:38 AM
Nice EVH.

You have got some mass to be competitive (depending on the show) work on your posing especially your legs as you want to carve out some separation before the show

jscan1
12-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Nice EVH.

You have got some mass to be competitive (depending on the show) work on your posing especially your legs as you want to carve out some separation before the show

Its actually and Ernie Ball Axis and yeah it makes my other guitars collect dust!

jscan1
12-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Ok so the shows I am thinking about are the

MR & MS IRON GLADIATOR
+ Inland Empire championships
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Corona Civic Center Theater
815 W. Sixth Street
Corona, CA

and the

Southern California Natural
Bodybuilding & Fitness Championships

Saturday, May 15, 2010
Rancho Buena Vista High School
1601 Longhorn Drive
Vista, CA.

Both are close to where I live and both are INBA so any comments about that federation would be great. Also only real reason I chose is because of proximity so any other thoughts are appreciated

I know my chest sucks, I am hitting it hard as hell always sort of been my weak spot. I am big on compounds Squats Pull Ups etc and go mostly heavy with low reps currently doing 40 minutes of liss on either tread or stationary after each weight session.

Now questions about diet as I mentioned I have been on about 2000 cals a day on a 40 40 20 split and one cheat meal usually on Fri Nights, and have been steadily losing (in the early going a few lbs a week now about 1 lb a week) I do a three point pinch test to make sure fat is dropping my millimeters as of last weekend are Stomach 24 chest 4 thigh 4, which calculates out to high 11's, I think I am probably more like 13% but again goal is to keep the number shrinking, because I seem to be holding mostly in stomach I think I will have to get a hell of a lot leaner to look peeled so after all that opinions on this.

As I mentioned going on ski trip Jan 2 to 7th. I plan to stay on my current diet until then and hope to drop another 4-5 lbs and more bodyfat. THen use that week to have a few leptin loads while still staying more or less clean (I will probably get in 2-3 workouts, but will be burning a ton of cals snowboarding) When I get back will I have enough time to lean out aprox 12 weeks for the 1st show, based on where I am out now?

Or would I be better to shoot for May 15- 19 Weeks from my return?

Will probably start adding an additional cardio session before work (THis is gonna suck because I am at work by 6:30 but it will be easiest time to do it) Also have messed with carb cycling a little the few times I have gotton stuck and think Keto may be a good option for me based on body style. WOuld you just stick with whats been working or would you switch over to Keto at the start of the actual prep?

If anyone is still reading this thanks got a little long winded

mr.genetics
12-10-2009, 03:39 PM
I think you will do great. The nice thing about doing a show is that you will eliminate some of the fat stores between the muscle and skin. You will also benefit from the rebound after the show when you add more food. My only suggestion is to not go fully Keto until the last leg of your prep. I did full Keto the whole 14 weeks I dieted and I stalled out about 3 weeks out from the show. I just couldn't stop losing muscle and my whole body composition changed for the worse because I flattened out badly. I started at about 210 at 5'9'' and ended up at the weigh in at 173. I had abs at 210 and wasn't 40-50lbs overweight at all, so I know I lost a lot of muscle. My other suggestion is to make sure to take weekly pics so that you have a photo record of what you did so you can have them to look at and make changes next time. Keep a log of your diet too. This will all help you later when you compete again.

jscan1
12-10-2009, 03:47 PM
I think you will do great. The nice thing about doing a show is that you will eliminate some of the fat stores between the muscle and skin. You will also benefit from the rebound after the show when you add more food. My only suggestion is to not go fully Keto until the last leg of your prep. I did full Keto the whole 14 weeks I dieted and I stalled out about 3 weeks out from the show. I just couldn't stop losing muscle and my whole body composition changed for the worse because I flattened out badly. I started at about 210 at 5'9'' and ended up at the weigh in at 173. I had abs at 210 and wasn't 40-50lbs overweight at all, so I know I lost a lot of muscle. My other suggestion is to make sure to take weekly pics so that you have a photo record of what you did so you can have them to look at and make changes next time. Keep a log of your diet too. This will all help you later when you compete again.

THanks, Yeah I have been taking pics weekly all along, As long as I maintain the current weight loss I am inclined to stick with it, then add in the additional cardio that first week back from vacation then start assessing the carbs from there

White Goodman
12-12-2009, 09:08 AM
Try this for your chest....tri-sets...example:
Bench press heaviset set of 8 reps..go to..
Low incline flys...heaviest set for 8 reps....go to
Low incline presses using the same pair of dumbbells..go to failure
Do 3 tri-sets. Rest 2 minutes between tri-sets.
Next do 3 regular sets of any incline press..3 sets of slow, controlled reps..8-12
Next do 3 supersets of Cable Crossovers and bodyweight pushups or chest dips.
This sounds like alot and I was skeptical when I first starting using it. I am a former competitive drug-free bencher but a torn tricep has put a stop to that. Even though I could raw bench 505, this routine actually added size to my upper body, esp the upper chest area. Give it a shot for a month and see what happens.

jscan1
12-12-2009, 11:12 AM
I actually was doing a 4 day split 1. chest/tri's 2.back/bi's 3. Shoulders Calves 4. Legs Quads and Hams Mon through Fri, weekends off

I just switched it up to 1.Chest/tri's 2.back/bi's 3.Shoulders Calves 4.Legs Quads Hams 5. Chest and Back. Mon through Fri Weekends off, On the Chest back day I am incorporating higher rep stuff similar to what is mentioned. I think doing the split this way will hopefully get a little more depth in upper chest and a little more pop in the lats before april.

I am starting to really notice a nice drop in bodyfat almost daily on the 40,40,20 split new vein showing up just about daily..lol

Blakryno
12-25-2009, 04:22 PM
You do have the structure and potential bro. It's all there. Go for it. Train and eat. It's as simple as low calorie-protien rich foods, low carbs and high cardio. PERIOD. Thats the basics of bodybuilding. Don't let anyone else fool you.

Blakryno
12-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Oh. Empty stomach cardio upon waking is the BEST cardio. I havta be at work at 0705 hrs so that means up at 0500 cardio from 0515 to 0600, shower, dress, pack meals and out the door by 0630 the latest. It sux but winners find a way and I know you're a winner so... Let's get it!!

s2h
12-25-2009, 05:53 PM
hit that early empty cardio like Blak said,dont know much about the show your doing but if your a true natty ieNo clen t3 hgh make sure the show is truly tested,not one of those were they pick 5or 6 guys and ask them if they take gear.I just preaped a guy for the tx state natty and he got 2nds in heavy as a true natty,but that show was as natty as the olympia,so do your homework ,train hard ,diet and just do your best,it's all about personal achievment not just "how do you think i'm gonna place"good luck to ya!!

s2h
12-25-2009, 05:55 PM
by the way i'm not real big on the keto for nattys you just cant hold the muscle w/no carbs over a long cutting cycle!

jscan1
12-25-2009, 09:10 PM
I think from the pictures of the past winners it looks pretty legit, There are plenty of shows in So. Ca. so if someone wants to cheat than that is weak, but its all good I am really doing this for myself anyway, and I think will try my hand at both novice and masters, also gonna aim for the first show and than hopefully tweak for the other show 6 weeks later so an initial 12 week prep and second show is 18 weeks. So from now until the new year will stay on same diet and then will clean it up a notch more and add more cardio once I get back from ski trip on Jan 7, I am used to doing 40 minutes liss after each workout, so will probably add another half hour before work and or at lunch time. If my bodyfat estimates are right I have about 22lbs of fat currently so hopefully I can get a few more lbs off between now and the 7th, then clean up a little more and tweak it weekly as neccasary

s2h
12-25-2009, 09:15 PM
hey jscan1 i wish you the best and good luck with your shows!!!

JRob
12-29-2009, 12:43 AM
by the way i'm not real big on the keto for nattys you just cant hold the muscle w/no carbs over a long cutting cycle!

Agree with this through firsthand experience. Lesson learned for me ;)

JRob
12-29-2009, 12:48 AM
Maybe think about throwing together a log over in the contest prep section?

GENESIS
12-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Maybe think about throwing together a log over in the contest prep section?

i would be following...

jscan1
12-30-2009, 02:27 PM
I had to run out of town unexpectedly the day after xmas, still got in two weight workouts and two cardio workouts and managed to lose another lb and tighten up my caliper pinch test another mill while being taken away from my normal daily diet...the good news is my metabolism seems to be firing along nicely and actually am noticing more and more vascularity and cuts almost daily. Gonna get three more weight workouts (W,TH,Fri) before leaving on Ski trip will probably loosen up the diet while at the snow but can't imagine it wil matter much as 4 days of snowboarding should burn up just about anything I eat as long as I don't go too nuts. I will start the contest prep on Friday the 8th I don't think I will do Keto as I still seem to be dropping fat at about 200 grams of carbs a day, At first the plan is to up protien a little more and add in an additional 30 minutes of cardio before work in the AM and some abs in the am as well as I currently don't train them in my afternoon weight/cardio training. Anyway thanks for all the tips I'm sure I'll be looking for more in weeks ahead!

JRob
12-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Careful on the slopes ;) Where are you going riding?

jscan1
12-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Mammoth Mt. (Sierra Nevada) CA

Shariff Abel
12-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Ask Mr G for his motivational speech 85% nothing but the truth . His a natural bodybuilder with many years of experience .
don't hesitate to contact him .: http://bodiesbymrg.com/introduction.html

raging pitbull
12-30-2009, 05:39 PM
do the show!

jscan1
12-30-2009, 05:45 PM
fully planning on it....

jscan1
01-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Allright so I am back from my Ski trip, and have decided on the following two shows

So. Ca. Natural May 15 (18 weeks)

and

Musclemania Orange County May 29

Posing trunks ordered and received so I can start doing weekly pics and gonna start videoing poses for week on week comparison. Also hiring a local npc guy that I rap with at the gym to help with my prep he does diet and nutrition as his full time gig and having chatted with him a few times, and we seem to have similar philosophies.

THis mornings weight was 198.6 Pinch test was abs 22 mil thigh 4 mil and chest 4 mil (supposedly 11.1 % bodyfat with a lean bodymass of 177) I think that is a little optimistic.

Also as mentioned above have been doing 40 minutes of liss after my workout 5 days a week. I want to add a morning cardio session but I get to my office at 6:30 in the morning so getting up earlier is just not going to happen, SO I bought a bike trainer and will set my mt bike up on it in the office that way I can come into the office (I work alone so sweat won't bother anyone) clear out my morning emails and reports and then hop on the bike for 30 minutes to get in some morning fasted cardio.

Any other tips ideas or opinions would be appreciated, also not sure I will log every workout in a prep thread, as I already log into fitday cals and workout but if this belongs in prep rather than here and someone wants to move it that is fine with me

GENESIS
01-08-2010, 06:10 PM
look forward to updates.

s2h
01-08-2010, 08:40 PM
wrap your waist with a neopren belt for cardio it will help pull extra water,also like to put preperation -h the cream kind on my abs at nite wrapped w/ the belt close to show time to tighten up your skin!!

AVBG
01-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Keep us posted. Especially with posing the legs, mass with with a true natty sheer mass isn't easy to come by but you can control your condition and improve separation.

jscan1
01-12-2010, 02:36 PM
well think the week off skiing did me good I have been back on the diet since friday actually upped my calories to 2200 and have kept macros at 40 40 20. When I got back THursday weight was 198, this mornings weight was 194.8. THis is great as just started Creatine and expected a little water gain that I have gotton before. Seems like loosening up for the week got me re leptin loaded and is allowing me to push on. Workouts have been good

As mentioned got my bike trainer and set up my mt bike (had to get a smooth tire, knobby sounded like a jackhammer) and am adding morning cardio right after I get to the office and clear out emails. Seems to be giving me a nice energy boost in the morning. Yesterday afternoon it was chest and tri's workout (Flat Bench,Incline Bench,Incline DUmbells, Pec Deck, Dips, CLose grip bench, and tricep cable pulldowns, Followed by

20 minutes treadmill fast walk 4 mph
20 minutes stationary bike (lifecycle recumbant level 3)

My Current SPlit is

M- Chest Tri
t-Back Bi's
W- Quads and Hams
TH- Shoulders Calves
FRI- Chest and Back

Abs (MWF after cardio)

My supplements right now are as follows, Fish Oil, Glucosimine, Multi Vitamin, Creatine, B Complex, Metamucil, and Whey when I need more protien.

Any thoughts on anything else I should ad to the mix?

Any thoughts on the 40 40 20 split, and how long would you leave a cheat meal in the mix? I usually do one cheat a week on Friday nights.

NATURAL-1987
01-12-2010, 11:50 PM
^^^^^ummmmm why chest and back 2x/week?? why 2 days rest for chest and back before doing them again? why not put biceps with shoulders instead of back? back is second largest muscle group behind legs. Is someone helping you with your prep? I need to read first page to get to know you more. Will check back soon.

jscan1
01-13-2010, 10:15 AM
^^^^^ummmmm why chest and back 2x/week?? why 2 days rest for chest and back before doing them again? why not put biceps with shoulders instead of back? back is second largest muscle group behind legs. Is someone helping you with your prep? I need to read first page to get to know you more. Will check back soon.

Already do Shoulders on THursday and Arms grow easily, I feel like I need to prioritize chest and back , because my upper chest has always lagged a bit and feel like I need extra pop in lats by May. and I do Chest and Tri's on Monday, Back and Bi's on Tues , and then CHEST BACK Friday, so there is 3 days rest (T,W,TH) for Chest, and two days for Back on the Front Side, then with the weekend rest it is the opposite on the back side (damn thats confusing)

As for Prep yes a guy at my gym is a npc competitor and full time prep coach. I am going to hire him to help me with posing, and then as a second set of eyes on my diet

NATURAL-1987
01-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Yes thats confusing. Anyhow, you have a coach so you should be good to go.Good luck and keep us posted.

jscan1
01-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Met with guy who is helping me with contest prep. He did my bodyfat and had me at about 10.3% at bodyweight of 196 . THis was encouraging as it was very close to what my calipers were saying actually a little lower. THe morning cardio has been going great and really is giving me a kick for most of the morning.

NATURAL-1987
01-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Cool. What else did he have to say when he checked you out?
Keep us posted. Wanna see you do well.

jscan1
01-21-2010, 10:59 AM
We went over a ton of stuff

My Current Diet- I have been logging via Fitday since April (Went from 265 gross couch potato with a 42 inch waist 15 yrs removed from the gym to 196 lbs today with 32 inch waist) using a 40 40 20 split. We talked about the "contest" phase of the diet and how I will tighten and clean so that I am eating my meals on a schedule and more exact little more boring etc so that when it is time to make changes it will be easier

Talked about my current cardio and how he would structure into 2 sessions per day which I in fact already implemented

Went over my pics I have been taking and also pulled up a bunch of pics from contests on MD to kind of see where I'd fall (He thinks I should consider an NPC show, but we will continue to access as my two shows get closer. THis was real good because it kind of confirmed that I am not completely smoking crack and biting off more than I can chew, I have always been able to hold and grow muscle pretty easy but wanted to make sure that I wasn't rushing into competing after only getting my ass back in the gym in april.

Next we will schedule a posing session (in about 2 weeks) to give me time to go over and practice and practice some more.

As we get closer I will schedule a session with him every few weeks to make tweaks, and as it gets closer sessions will get closer and will formulate a peak week type strategy

JRob
01-21-2010, 01:29 PM
265 to 196!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great accomplishment thus far! Updated pix to share?

jscan1
01-21-2010, 01:37 PM
265 to 196!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great accomplishment thus far! Updated pix to share?

thanks here is one at about 232 about 1.5 months into diet and then one from Jan 17 about 196

jscan1
01-21-2010, 01:44 PM
sorry no clue how to resize these

jscan1
01-21-2010, 02:22 PM
I don't feel like these are the greatest progress pics but are what I had handy, I will try to put up a few more in coming weeks

jscan1
01-21-2010, 03:14 PM
One more pic

thesamewords
01-21-2010, 03:35 PM

Agree with this through firsthand experience. Lesson learned for me ;)
X100 that firsthand experience goes along way in keto. I run into alot of people that think they know what its about until they try it. Im not a carb guy but retaining that muscle becomes a whole new job without carbs. Good luck at muscle mania.... i didnt even know you were out here in Cali....

jscan1
01-21-2010, 03:42 PM
X100 that firsthand experience goes along way in keto. I run into alot of people that think they know what its about until they try it. Im not a carb guy but retaining that muscle becomes a whole new job without carbs. Good luck at muscle mania.... i didnt even know you were out here in Cali....

THanks I have pretty much scrapped the keto idea, I seem to be dropping weight steadily so not gonna take drastic measures until I have too...Yes in Murrieta/Temecula area how about you?

JRob
01-21-2010, 05:41 PM
HOLY! What a transformation....you look great! Is this your first time losing all that weight?

In your front double bi, try to suck air up into your lungs expanding your upper body making you appear bigger. Also, raise your arms up a bit more making your bicep higher then your delt, makes it appear larger. Keeping it level like how you have shot allows the delt to steal the attention being larger then the bicep.

jscan1
01-21-2010, 05:52 PM
HOLY! What a transformation....you look great! Is this your first time losing all that weight?

In your front double bi, try to suck air up into your lungs expanding your upper body making you appear bigger. Also, raise your arms up a bit more making your bicep higher then your delt, makes it appear larger. Keeping it level like how you have shot allows the delt to steal the attention being larger then the bicep.

I was pretty heavily into lifting/bodybuilding from late teens early twenties, after I got married I did the old lazy ass routine (played ice hockey goalie for a lot of years but in beer leagues and never watched what I ate) but yes for the most part was a fat ass for last decade, I need to bust out the scanner and post some of the old double chin pics scary.... (lost a bunch about 7 years ago with no lifting or exercise but went back to old habits)

As for posing I am pretty excited to get to work after meeting with my prep guy I understand there are countless ways to improve and plan on starting to practice nightly after we meet. I appreciate the tips though and as I get a little leaner I will put some posing trunk pics up (I have a bunch of posing trunk pics from last weekend but am so butt white in them and also I need a size smaller trunk that they are not for public viewing lol) but will definetly post some pics as weeks go on and welcome any critique that can be given.

JRob
01-21-2010, 08:46 PM
I apologize...I didnt know you were working with someone. If that is the case, let him/her by all means take care of you. I dont want to butt heads or anything!

jscan1
01-22-2010, 09:48 AM
by all means please keep giving advice, getting opinions from guys who have been there can only help me

JRob
01-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Will do, just didnt want to interfere with your prep coach and have you caught in the middle :)

Do you feel you'll be able to maintain your current condition (or better) post contest? Is that one of your goals?

jscan1
01-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Will do, just didnt want to interfere with your prep coach and have you caught in the middle :)

Do you feel you'll be able to maintain your current condition (or better) post contest? Is that one of your goals?

Its actually pretty much my main goal will definetly watch bodyfat from here on out and try never to let it creep above 10% after the contest. I actually don't mind cardio and I am pretty regimented day in and day out with the diet. I have been doing a cheat meal on Friday nights and that pretty much keeps me on the straight and narrow

jscan1
01-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Diet and cardio going well scale 192.8 this morning pich test comes out to 9.3%

Did legs yesterday and strength was solid

Squats

135 x 10
185 X 8
225 X 8
275 x 7
315 x 7
365 x 4

Front Squats on smith

185 x 7
205 x 7
225 x 5

Lunges about 120 ft each way up and back with 50lbs each hand these were brutal.

Switched Hamstrings to another day as I feel I can't do them justice after quads

****Down 74lbs from my fat ass start on April 15, 2009******

BigM123
02-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Keep the progress coming bros its hard but dont give up. i am an endomorph so carbs arent my friends lol. i also have to do a lot of cardio two sessions 45 min and a 30 mins all this is not fun on a keto diet. its nice to see someone else also getting ready for a show good luck and wish u the best.

jscan1
02-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Keep the progress coming bros its hard but dont give up. i am an endomorph so carbs arent my friends lol. i also have to do a lot of cardio two sessions 45 min and a 30 mins all this is not fun on a keto diet. its nice to see someone else also getting ready for a show good luck and wish u the best.

Actually Progress is coming along nicely dropping weight pretty smoothly 192.8 and new veins are showing up daily. I took second round of pics last Sunday and will keep doing this weekly. I also have been grilloing a mass shitload of chicken breast and TIlapia and broke it all down into portions so I just grab meals out of freezer and take to office here is what my diet looks like currently

Wake Up Take: Creatine, Metamucil, Fish Oils, Glucosomine , Multi, and B Vitamin. quarter cup skim milk in coffee

8:00 AM Cup of Oats, 1/2 cup of egg beaters

10:00 AM 8 Oz. Chicken Breast 2 cups Broccoli

12:00 4 oz 4% Fat Ground Beef, 1 cup of black beans

2:00 4 oz. Of Turkey (low sodium real lunch meat variety, 2 slices of Ezekial, Mustard

3:00 - Preworkout 1 cup of black beans, 3 Ornithine tabs and 2 scoops of Xtend

5:30- whey shake mixed with water on way home from gym

6:00 8oz Tilapia, 1/2 cup of brown rice, either 2 cups of Broccoli or Spinach

7:00 ANother whey shake same as above , and 1 serving of smoke almonds

Breakdown is Cal 2221 Fat 18% (44g) Carbs 29% (197g) Pro 47% (265g)

Last Friday I did a carb up and slight cheat (Wahoos Fish Taco's at lunch and Sushi for Dinner) I will probably keep something similar in place (14 wks out right now) but will probably move it to a more controlled refeed as weeks get closer and as I react to the scale and mirror.

jscan1
02-05-2010, 02:32 PM
flexing for sure lol...but still showing. Scale has not moved much this week but definetly getting leaner

BigM123
02-09-2010, 07:09 PM
looking great man keep up the good work and never give up.

esgibson
02-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Hey man! keep it up! i'm a former fat guy too! when i was 16 i was 250 and now i competed for the first time at 152 so just stick with it brotha! I read a post about how long u should wait before getting a cheat meal...honestly dude..i wouldn't at all..i never had cheat meals in my pre contest and i've done 4 shows now..i feel its alot easier after a few weeks without a cheat meal because you just become a machine! just keep it up man! ur lookin good and remember...without a cheat meal..everything will be structured and u'll know exactly what ur doin..maybe not have an actual cheat meal but just a single high calorie day but make sure it's clean because then it'll give ur metabolism a boost as well. keep it up man and keep us all posted! good luck brotha!

jscan1
02-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Hey man! keep it up! i'm a former fat guy too! when i was 16 i was 250 and now i competed for the first time at 152 so just stick with it brotha! I read a post about how long u should wait before getting a cheat meal...honestly dude..i wouldn't at all..i never had cheat meals in my pre contest and i've done 4 shows now..i feel its alot easier after a few weeks without a cheat meal because you just become a machine! just keep it up man! ur lookin good and remember...without a cheat meal..everything will be structured and u'll know exactly what ur doin..maybe not have an actual cheat meal but just a single high calorie day but make sure it's clean because then it'll give ur metabolism a boost as well. keep it up man and keep us all posted! good luck brotha!

Thanks man...Yeah what I am doing now is structured refeeds, I am doing pretty much 2000 cals a day with carbs around 150 then two days where I boost cals to 2500 and carbs to 300. My family officially named my diet "Easy Meals" because I go to costco on weekend cook about 10 lbs of chicken breast and 10 lbs of Tiliapia and about 20 4% fat ground beef patties on the grill and then break it into serving sizes along with giant bags of broccoli with my food scale and freeze it so I can jst grab and go during the week.

jscan1
02-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Weight has been dropping nicely since starting the carb cycling, this morning was 189.4 . Starting to see almost daily changes. In fact have been getting a lot of random comments at the gym. Strength is still real good. WIll try to update some pics after the weekend

11weeks and 1 day to go

AVBG
02-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Weight has been dropping nicely since starting the carb cycling, this morning was 189.4 . Starting to see almost daily changes. In fact have been getting a lot of random comments at the gym. Strength is still real good. WIll try to update some pics after the weekend

11weeks and 1 day to go

Good work mate!

jscan1
02-28-2010, 10:42 AM
a few update pics 11 weeks out, bringing cardio and carbcycling hard (These were taken at 190 mid afternoon on my high carb load day overall not too bad but know I have a lot of stairmastering in me between now and May 15! On another note gonna go with Jan Tana for my color package has arrived

swingslammer
02-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Looking good and I see you took the advise on the front double bicep. Now bring your arms a little bit forward in both the lat spread and the double bi shots....just a little, 3 or 4 inches.

NO HOMO....You look better and younger without the goatee....and I will be 45 in a few weeks so this is coming from a fellow "Old Guy".....just like the chance to through a "No Homo" in there...does it make me sound younger??

jscan1
02-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Looking good and I see you took the advise on the front double bicep. Now bring your arms a little bit forward in both the lat spread and the double bi shots....just a little, 3 or 4 inches.

NO HOMO....You look better and younger without the goatee....and I will be 45 in a few weeks so this is coming from a fellow "Old Guy".....just like the chance to through a "No Homo" in there...does it make me sound younger??

Its funny I did a posing class last week, and I think posing has improved by miles, but I realize I still have miles to go. I definently need to concentrate on rolling the elbows out to flair the lats. Last week I took an amazing side chest shot and was excited to see this weeks with a few more lbs gone and I thought it was gonna be great instead it was overrotated not bad just not as good. Anyway I always thought no homo makes people sound a little more homo...lol but I agree when I was a fat guy the goatee worked now as a former fat guy think its better without looking forward to getting my pasty ass colored up

jscan1
04-08-2010, 05:49 PM
thought I'd give you guys a little update my first prep is going pretty well and I will be 5 weeks out on Saturday (have been posting fairly reg on masters board.

Weight is about 179.8 down from a start last april of 265.8, I am still holding a little fat in lower abs but am pretty lean everywhere else and have started dragging my dead ass into the gym every morning at 5am for 20 minutes on the old school stairmaster and twenty more on either tread or stationary bike, then after work hit about an hour of weights followed by 40 more minutes of cardio guess this is what my old 43 yr old ass has to do to get lean. any way here is a pic from a few days ago and am gonna do some more posing trunk pics on the weekend

AVBG
04-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Good work, you've come a long way.

jscan1
04-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Good work, you've come a long way.

thanks, I am starting to get a lot of people asking how much leaner I am going to get etc. so I know I am on the right track..lol But I know I still got a long ass way to go, I know at this amount of time back into it I'm not going to be a mass monster so I want to keep dialing in conditioning and make sure I'm not some guy who people are like "what the hell is he doing up there?" When its over though I am having the biggest cheeseburger I can find!

NATURAL-1987
04-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Came a long way man. Good for you! 5 weeks this saturday then correct?

Kiyoshi Moody
04-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Is that the show may 15th? in lajolla INBA?

GENESIS
04-08-2010, 08:56 PM
thanks, I am starting to get a lot of people asking how much leaner I am going to get etc. so I know I am on the right track..lol But I know I still got a long ass way to go, I know at this amount of time back into it I'm not going to be a mass monster so I want to keep dialing in conditioning and make sure I'm not some guy who people are like "what the hell is he doing up there?" When its over though I am having the biggest cheeseburger I can find!

and it will taste that much sweeter because you waited until its over to actually have it. you look great man abs are really coming in, but i would like a couple leg shots for a better assesment. no homo. (<-- use of the term no homo in appropriate context SS)

jscan1
04-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Is that the show may 15th? in lajolla INBA?

It is..I saw you at the Iron Gladiator, how is the Lajolla show in comparison?

jscan1
04-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Came a long way man. Good for you! 5 weeks this saturday then correct?

yes May 15

jscan1
04-09-2010, 10:18 AM
and it will taste that much sweeter because you waited until its over to actually have it. you look great man abs are really coming in, but i would like a couple leg shots for a better assesment. no homo. (<-- use of the term no homo in appropriate context SS)

I will be doing some posing trunk pics this weekend, I was away from my house last weekend so was not able to get my normal pics I've been doing and its hard to get legs in shooting with an iphone camera.

jscan1
04-12-2010, 10:29 AM
couple of update pics, morning cardio is going great but feel like I really need to bring it hard over the next 5 weeks , and even though I know the Jan Tana will take care of my white ass I may start tanning can't stand looking at my paleness in these pics...lol

jscan1
04-29-2010, 12:21 PM
posted a few picture update in my masters log

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=31956&highlight=jscan1

NATURAL-1987
04-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Insane transformation.

jscan1
04-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Insane transformation.

thanks man that means a lot coming from you! Now I am ready to get my white ass tan

jscan1
04-29-2010, 01:32 PM
I'll actually post a few of the latest pics here as that journal is getting long...Tommorow morning will be my last day of yohimbine HCL and I definently have been holding a little water (weight went up about 3 lbs within a week of taking before starting to drop again) so am excited to dry up a tad and have another ball busting week and a half of cardio before depleting for the contest

Kiyoshi Moody
04-29-2010, 02:00 PM
I'll actually post a few of the latest pics here as that journal is getting long...Tommorow morning will be my last day of yohimbine HCL and I definently have been holding a little water (weight went up about 3 lbs within a week of taking before starting to drop again) so am excited to dry up a tad and have another ball busting week and a half of cardio before depleting for the contest

One thing to remember about the inba show you are doing!!! weight dosnt matter!!!! so let go of the scale!!! go by the way you look!!!! :yep:

jscan1
04-29-2010, 02:06 PM
One thing to remember about the inba show you are doing!!! weight dosnt matter!!!! so let go of the scale!!! go by the way you look!!!! :yep:
I agree entirely, just using the scale as one way to measure progress thats all, actually I am about a lb heavier in these photos than my last ones but the seperation is light years better.....Out of curiosity will you be attending that show?

Kiyoshi Moody
04-29-2010, 03:39 PM
I agree entirely, just using the scale as one way to measure progress thats all, actually I am about a lb heavier in these photos than my last ones but the seperation is light years better.....Out of curiosity will you be attending that show?

I will be there in a couple different capacites!!! As a rep for my new sponsor GENR8, As a judge and mybe surprize guest poser

jscan1
04-29-2010, 03:41 PM
I will be there in a couple different capacites!!! As a rep for my new sponsor GENR8, As a judge and mybe surprize guest poser

Sounds good I will see you there!

Zack Attack
04-29-2010, 08:18 PM
damn bro impressive transformation! stick with it and post up some pics from the contest. best of luck jscan

jscan1
05-16-2010, 08:31 PM
update

First show in the books - RX Muscle Forums