PDA

View Full Version : All The Whey...

Justin
12-11-2009, 05:07 PM
FYI everyone, after over a year of pounding Isolyze, I ordered the All The Whey to see if cheaper IS just as good..... Not a good move. Its taste is, well, "off", and is doesnt mix well AT ALL. I just ordered two more 4 pound tubs of Isolyze. Species - you guys ROCK - keep it up!!!!!!!!

Silidons
12-11-2009, 05:12 PM
I use ATW, would buy Species but too expensive if I'm taking like 4-6 scoops a day.

What flavor did you get, and did you get concentrate or isolate?

Justin
12-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Yeah, I use 6 scoops a day. I got the ATW isolate in strawberry and chocolate mint. My wife really likes the strawberry, I couldnt do either one - I dreaded every shake....

Jason Newman
12-11-2009, 06:04 PM
really choc mint was bad? what other choc mints have you tried can you compare any pother choc mint in taste?

sassy69
12-12-2009, 03:42 AM
I like the taste of the choc mint & also the vanilla ATW - but I don't make shakes w/ it (the consistency of shakes in general started making me sick about 8yrs ago) - instead I make "protein pudding" out of it - mix w/ just enough water (or cold coffee) to make
"mush", 1 Splenda packet and 1-2 tbls natty PB and you're good to go!

GirlyMuscle
12-12-2009, 03:51 AM
I LOVE All THE Whey....every flavor. I like Isolyze as well. I guess it's all personal taste.

Silidons
12-13-2009, 04:52 AM
I really want to try Isolyze, might buy a 2lber just for fun next time I make an order.

NPCKnight
12-13-2009, 06:24 AM
All the Whey is very good. I believe the quality of true protein is better...and I do believe the Isolates are TRUE isolates @ TP.

Isolyze is the same quality as TP for more $...not a big fan of that.

Justin
12-13-2009, 09:10 AM
But ATW wouldnt mix for crap in a shaker! So lets "pretend" it tastes the same, and lets say the protein is the same quality. I still will go with Isolyze for the fact it mixes and isnt all lumpy out of a shaker cup!

G-Roy
12-13-2009, 10:32 PM
I would rather drink clumpy decent tasting protein powder than spend forty some dollars for two pounds of isolize. All the whey is decent powder, I ve never had clumping issues and most of the flavors are decent.

ironwarrior22
12-14-2009, 12:38 AM
Ive never had clumping issues either and I love the cinabun and vanilla is ok plus I get it for $5.00 a pound:)

Ninja Loco
12-14-2009, 02:24 AM
Never, ever had issues with ATW that I can recall. And Im like the poster above; I couldnt care less if it's lumpy or how it mixes. My goals are too high and Im too much of a hardgainer to worry the small stuff, I just man up and down it. Or chew it as the case may be.

Sassy I think you just saved a client of mine. I dont know why I didnt think of making pudding with it.

joe-yamma
12-14-2009, 01:39 PM
the quality of ATW seemed ok to me.
the thing i don't like about it is the consistency...
i think they put thickeners (Xanthum Gum?) in thier WPI to give it a thicker consistency.
i like like my protein shake thinner (Isolyze was perfect for this).

cold-filtered True Protein is a good consistency (for me) too.

evilive138
12-14-2009, 03:12 PM
But ATW wouldnt mix for crap in a shaker! So lets "pretend" it tastes the same, and lets say the protein is the same quality. I still will go with Isolyze for the fact it mixes and isnt all lumpy out of a shaker cup!

hummm...

Seems fishy. Ive never had a problem with the taste or mixing ATW. A few shakes with some water and its ready to go.

Silidons
12-14-2009, 11:48 PM
Sassy I think you just saved a client of mine. I dont know why I didnt think of making pudding with it.

You can also make a makeshift "brownie", just take the pudding mixture (my experience has shown less water = better, make it not water at all but more like a thick sauce) and pop it in the micro for about 30 seconds.

robofsteel
12-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Species will have a protein pudding out around sometime in Feb. 2010!

Justin
12-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Okay - maybe Im being oveerly critical, but "for me" ATW doews not mix as well as Isolyze and does not taste the same. Not that its good or bad - but I dont like it as much as Isolyze. Thats all Im saying - so to everyone that likes Isolyse and how it mixes and tastes, but are thinking of trying something cheaper.....dont do it!! I agree Isolyze is damn expensive - but for what I'm getting....I'll pay it.

NPCKnight
12-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Okay - maybe Im being oveerly critical, but "for me" ATW doews not mix as well as Isolyze and does not taste the same. Not that its good or bad - but I dont like it as much as Isolyze. Thats all Im saying - so to everyone that likes Isolyse and how it mixes and tastes, but are thinking of trying something cheaper.....dont do it!! I agree Isolyze is damn expensive - but for what I'm getting....I'll pay it.

Well, tell us that once you try TP as well. It tastes and mixes just fine and is just as 'cheap' as ATW.

JG1
12-16-2009, 09:32 AM
Well, tell us that once you try TP as well. It tastes and mixes just fine and is just as 'cheap' as ATW.

What's your favorite TP flavor bro'?

NPCKnight
12-16-2009, 09:38 AM
I am a simple kind of man I guess. Premium chocolate is good. Choc PB cup is good but not great... I currently have Cookie Dough which is also decent/good and am working on mixing their Creamy Peanut Butter and Vanilla Creme to come out to the original taste of Isolyze Vanilla PB. The original was the best shit I have ever tasted...

Silidons
12-16-2009, 06:00 PM
It's pretty crazy because today I made a All The Whey shake (first time in a while, I normally make the brownie thing) and I didn't even need to stir it...it disintegrated by itself.

Behemoth
12-16-2009, 07:02 PM
I am a simple kind of man I guess. Premium chocolate is good. Choc PB cup is good but not great... I currently have Cookie Dough which is also decent/good and am working on mixing their Creamy Peanut Butter and Vanilla Creme to come out to the original taste of Isolyze Vanilla PB. The original was the best shit I have ever tasted...

Hey Knight,

Just a question on personal taste.....I've tried a bunch of the True Protein premium flavors myself,(I like Choc PB cup a lot myself), but I find with no matter what protein blend I use there is always a bit of a "diet", bittery aftertaste, reminds of Sweet and Low a bit. Which is strange because they sweeten the premium flavors with Aspartame, which really shouldn't have an aftertaste. Do you get this as well or is it just me?

evilive138
12-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Hey Knight,

Just a question on personal taste.....I've tried a bunch of the True Protein premium flavors myself,(I like Choc PB cup a lot myself), but I find with no matter what protein blend I use there is always a bit of a "diet", bittery aftertaste, reminds of Sweet and Low a bit. Which is strange because they sweeten the premium flavors with Aspartame, which really shouldn't have an aftertaste. Do you get this as well or is it just me?

Do you get your flavors separate? I usually just get regular isolate and use their flavor tubs and just make a custom flavor each time. This way you can basically add as much as you want to taste or blend them together.

Behemoth
01-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Do you get your flavors separate? I usually just get regular isolate and use their flavor tubs and just make a custom flavor each time. This way you can basically add as much as you want to taste or blend them together.

Sorry for my late reply, I've been out of the loop for a few weeks. I usually get them pre mixed. I may try doing it your way when I place my next order.

Biggie908
01-09-2010, 02:48 AM
FYI everyone, after over a year of pounding Isolyze, I ordered the All The Whey to see if cheaper IS just as good..... Not a good move. Its taste is, well, "off", and is doesnt mix well AT ALL. I just ordered two more 4 pound tubs of Isolyze. Species - you guys ROCK - keep it up!!!!!!!!
awt is good too me..

GREENMACHINE23
03-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Purchased my first Species product this past weekend at the Arnold.
Isolyze Chocolate Milk is by far one of the best tasting. Clumps? I could find none after mixing.
Looking forward to using more of the Species line.

GRAVESY
05-29-2010, 06:17 PM
I have used both ATW and ISolyze. I like the cherry vanilla species, also tried the pb. ATW was ok, not much taste. right now i am using MGN (Muscle Guage Nutrition) which appears to be the exact same makeup of ATW but the IceCream Sandwich is GRREAT. Stuff gets put on back order all the time, so timing is key.

G-Roy
05-29-2010, 07:14 PM
I have used both ATW and ISolyze. I like the cherry vanilla species, also tried the pb. ATW was ok, not much taste. right now i am using MGN (Muscle Guage Nutrition) which appears to be the exact same makeup of ATW but the IceCream Sandwich is GRREAT. Stuff gets put on back order all the time, so timing is key.

the MGN islolate is sweetned with stevia too which is a plus

Deadlifter91
05-29-2010, 08:11 PM
i use MGN to but almost every place is out of stock and they havent been getting any in, weird

GRAVESY
05-30-2010, 07:38 AM
prosource has some in 5lb only. and bb says that they are 2weeks out of getting more, they have some in 2lbers in just a couple flavors.

Silidons
06-02-2010, 04:20 AM
you can get it from their official site

dsyndrome
06-02-2010, 01:36 PM
It is hard to beat the peanut butter vanilla isolyze. Especially when adding extra peanut butter. In this economy I have to sometimes go with Costco muscle milk. Isolyze is definately my top choice!!!