PDA

View Full Version : question for fitness moms

Bryan Hildebrand
03-03-2009, 01:21 PM
long story short... I have a client I am working with who has done a fitness show a few years ago and placed really well in the open. she has 3 kids, the youngest of which is a now 8yo boy. she is newly divorced. the issue is her sons perception of her as a woman. if she wears something even moderately revealing, he wants to cover her up and make sure she knows what she is doing he doesnt like. she really feels if she gets into contest shape and wants to compete, he might have a meltdown or serious concerns for mom while she is on stage.

anyone have any experience with this as how to introduce children, especially boys to the concept of womens fitness and its sexual side?

lymbo
03-03-2009, 04:41 PM
If she brings him to a few shows she is not in he will see its know big deal. Most of the people who attend are family and friends anyway so he will fit right in. He might be comfortable with the whole thing and support his mom! Ya never know with these kid's

BadAssBarbie
03-03-2009, 08:14 PM
That's a tough question! I have a 13 yo boy and an 8 1/2 yo boy. Neither one of them have ever said anything to me about this. She should be in control of what she wears...not her son. However, she needs to be considerate of his feelings. Maybe she should just not wear anything very revealing when her son is around??? Lymbo is right, she should take him to see a show. He'd probably have fun! My older son likes to go, but I take him when I'm not competing bc we usually end up having to leave early bc he gets bored after a few hours of it.

Bryan Hildebrand
03-03-2009, 10:15 PM
thanks for the replies. some of her concerns are in regard to not just what she wears, but her presentation. she is a 40yo mom, not one of the judge favorite 23yo breast implant hoochie's doing her favorite "poll dance 101 DVD" routine.
taking him to a prelim event is a terrific idea. introduce him and see how he takes it in. my other thought is maybe he is just not ready to support mom on this level and she should compete and leave him at home this year?