PDA

View Full Version : If steroids were legal over the counter

ironwarrior22
12-13-2009, 05:07 AM
Would you take them?
me.....hell yeah!

DAVIDHARDY
12-13-2009, 07:48 AM
Of course. They are perfectly safe if used correctly. There is no way in hell that I'd take that shit on the black market, but if I was getting pharmaceutical grade OTC and it was legal, I'd be a little bigger now lol.

fitnessfirst
12-13-2009, 11:26 AM
That would make for a much more interesting checkout: Grab some chips, a coke, bag of apples, Test 400, just a quick stop. :)

bodyhard
12-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Would you take them?
me.....hell yeah!

This is actually a stupid question. Just because something is legal doesn't mean it is not harmful. I do not take steroids only because I don't know enough about the side affects as yet to make that decision.

Now if the question was "would you take steroids if you knew for sure there were no side affects" then the answer would be hell yeah, in a minute.

Cigarettes are legal you don't see me running into the store to buy them.

Curt James
12-13-2009, 01:19 PM
This is actually a stupid question. Just because something is legal doesn't mean it is not harmful. I do not take steroids only because I don't know enough about the side affects as yet to make that decision.

Now if the question was "would you take steroids if you knew for sure there were no side affects" then the answer would be hell yeah, in a minute.

You bring up some good points, but I wouldn't call it a stupid question. Many assume steroids are safe. They're no worse than other drugs given correct/supervised administration, right?

Many AAS appeared decades ago, didn't they? I assume the long-term sides are well documented.

B7emm
12-13-2009, 01:28 PM
the side effects for test is similar to the side effects to birth control in women. if you give me time I'm sure i can back that up with a medical study.

bodyhard
12-13-2009, 01:34 PM
You bring up some good points, but I wouldn't call it a stupid question. Many assume steroids are safe. They're no worse than other drugs given correct/supervised administration, right?

Many AAS appeared decades ago, didn't they? I assume the long-term sides are well documented.

But what I am trying to explain is that, just because something becomes legal doesn't warrant doing it.

In other words the only thing that is stopping the OP from doing roids is the fact that they are not legal?

I used to smoke weed back in the days, if it became legal today do you think I would start just because it is NOW legal to do so?

My point is, don't start or stop something based on what the government labels it.

Shariff Abel
12-13-2009, 02:07 PM
That would be amazing ! Steroids over the counter ...

ironwarrior22
12-13-2009, 02:19 PM
But what I am trying to explain is that, just because something becomes legal doesn't warrant doing it.

In other words the only thing that is stopping the OP from doing roids is the fact that they are not legal?

I used to smoke weed back in the days, if it became legal today do you think I would start just because it is NOW legal to do so?

My point is, don't start or stop something based on what the government labels it.
For me I don't like to do things that are illegal because I have been busted before and it isn't fun so part of the reason I don't juice is because it's illegal and I don't want to get caught. It seems from the research I have done that steroids are not very harmful when taken properly so I'm not worried about that, however, getting them through the black market is a toss up because you don't know what you are getting. Legality def makes a difference.

Curt James
12-13-2009, 02:26 PM

We're on the same page, I believe. If they legalized heroin, I'm not going to start shooting up. But there should definitly be more talk about legalization of all drugs. The money currently spent on interdiction and incarceration could be spent on education and rehabilitation. And, yes, doctors could monitor drug use without fear of losing their license to practice medicine. That alone would make using steroids, or any other drug, safer, imo.

Curt James
12-13-2009, 02:28 PM
That would be amazing ! Steroids over the counter ...

Mexico, right?

And there was an entire thread dedicated to countries where you could purchase AAS legally somewhere, if I'm not mistaken.

bodyhard
12-13-2009, 05:10 PM
For me I don't like to do things that are illegal because I have been busted before and it isn't fun so part of the reason I don't juice is because it's illegal and I don't want to get caught. It seems from the research I have done that steroids are not very harmful when taken properly so I'm not worried about that, however, getting them through the black market is a toss up because you don't know what you are getting. Legality def makes a difference.

Understood

We're on the same page, I believe. If they legalized heroin, I'm not going to start shooting up. But there should definitly be more talk about legalization of all drugs. The money currently spent on interdiction and incarceration could be spent on education and rehabilitation. And, yes, doctors could monitor drug use without fear of losing their license to practice medicine. That alone would make using steroids, or any other drug, safer, imo.

Agree

Mexico, right?

And there was an entire thread dedicated to countries where you could purchase AAS legally somewhere, if I'm not mistaken.

Yup been there they are legal, at least when I went.

Jude2
12-13-2009, 08:35 PM

Good point. Over the counter wouldn't be good bc people would abuse them. A physician should be involved, this is your health we are talking about.

ironwarrior22
12-13-2009, 08:55 PM
Good point. Over the counter wouldn't be good bc people would abuse them. A physician should be involved, this is your health we are talking about.
IMO People should be able to abuse them if they want. I think there should be no doctors involved just a heavy dose of edumacation.

GirlyMuscle
12-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Mexico, right?

Thailand. Steriods are are legal but protein powder is not. Go figure.

Sledge
12-13-2009, 09:05 PM

What if it was legal to go to the doc or an endo and consult and get supplied your gear?

Sledge
12-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Thailand. Steriods are are legal but protein powder is not. Go figure.

That's because protein powder is a gateway drug. It leads to harder drugs, people start with protien powder then move on to creatine and mac nut oil. The next thing you know their is an outbreak of ketosis and people are dropping like flys.

buckimscl
12-13-2009, 09:20 PM
That's because protein powder is a gateway drug. It leads to harder drugs, people start with protien powder then move on to creatine and mac nut oil. The next thing you know their is an outbreak of ketosis and people are dropping like flys.
Me thinks I notice a hint of sarcasm.....

AVBG
12-14-2009, 02:26 AM
Na. Unless you're planning to be on for the rest of your life you'll inevitably shrink when you come off..

blitz
12-15-2009, 08:22 AM
i think i will do two 12 week bulk cycle (test E 500/week with 300 deca) during autumn and winter and a good cut cycle during spring.

with proper pct.

big.poppa.pump
12-15-2009, 02:43 PM
I would take them in a heart beat

HammerStrength12
12-15-2009, 06:21 PM
Using the reverse scenario, I take creatine, but if it were illegal I probably wouldn't. So maybe my answer is yes..

MusclesMarinara
12-15-2009, 06:24 PM
the legal aspect doesnt bother me.

i need to learn more before i get into that "path", and i want to get to my very best naturally first.

bodyhard
12-15-2009, 09:39 PM
the legal aspect doesnt bother me.

i need to learn more before i get into that "path", and i want to get to my very best naturally first.

Same here

GottaGetLean
12-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Na. Unless you're planning to be on for the rest of your life you'll inevitably shrink when you come off..

The only ppl that shrink are pros that are on like insane amounts of all kinds of shit. But for the average steriod user they wouldnt lose anything noticeable.:yep:

freebirdmac
12-23-2009, 04:03 PM
If they were legal I would assume there would be more doctors out there who would know how to script them. So with that assumption, I'd certainly be quizzing my doc!

bodimajestik
12-24-2009, 08:23 AM
close this boring shit

s2h
12-24-2009, 09:32 AM
ya bodyhard what are you some fuckn sterioid moral police force,legal GEAR hell i'd be broke and a have enough shit to last years,It pisses me off i go to Chilli's y-day and it looks like a woodstock concert there so much smoke you cant even breath,but thats legal and on top of it there (there the chllis dbags are all gettn fucked up at 1130 am)and so its off to there 86 f250 to try and stay between the lines while pufffn away on a m 100 and some dick head wants to lecture me on the SIDES or Dangers of steriod use HEY fuck off and Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!

BOHICA762
03-01-2010, 02:34 PM
I would for bulking cycles. Military stops me, even certain supplements and i hear you about drinking, smoking and junkfood. The weightlifters get scrutinized more than the people stopping every 30- 60min for a smoke break. oh well what can you do????

Ninja Loco
03-01-2010, 02:35 PM

Fuking repped.

kratos47
03-01-2010, 02:51 PM
im almost glad that they arent legal. do you know how many wannabe douches would be on it in a heart beat. i kinda like that its hard to get gear sometimes. nothing worth having should come easy

powergraham
03-01-2010, 04:56 PM
im almost glad that they arent legal. do you know how many wannabe douches would be on it in a heart beat. i kinda like that its hard to get gear sometimes. nothing worth having should come easy

That's a good point, but it's the same with any drug. It's the reason in the UK you can only go into a store and buy two packets of paracetemol at anyone time. It's all about use and abuse. If you abuse drugs, your gona get hurt. If used correctly, the pros massively out weigh the cons, but in the case of steroids, one of the cons happens to be illegality, which for some is a much bigger deal than others.

KEVDIESEL
03-01-2010, 07:54 PM
im almost glad that they arent legal. do you know how many wannabe douches would be on it in a heart beat. i kinda like that its hard to get gear sometimes. nothing worth having should come easywell said. i've seen dudes that don't even train take em just because its a drug. PERIOD! now i aint knockin em if u really know ur stuff and are truly knowledgeable about steroids, but making them legal would just cause a shit load of abuse with more jackasses running around giving them more of a bad name than they do now. natural is my path regardless.

kratos47
03-01-2010, 09:29 PM
well said. i've seen dudes that don't even train take em just because its a drug. PERIOD! now i aint knockin em if u really know ur stuff and are truly knowledgeable about steroids, but making them legal would just cause a shit load of abuse with more jackasses running around giving them more of a bad name than they do now. natural is my path regardless.

true that. it almost feel like in your an elite club or something when you have a good connect and are a true bodybuider that is dedicated and knowledgable about the sport. most dont talk to "regular" people about it. only in your small circle of bodybuilders. it would be really annoying if everyone was in on it. i could totally see some young kid come up and "yo man i be on hella dbol. i be getting bomby ass pumps and shit. watch you take main":no:

BOHICA762
03-02-2010, 07:25 AM
That's a good point, but it's the same with any drug. It's the reason in the UK you can only go into a store and buy two packets of paracetemol at anyone time. It's all about use and abuse. If you abuse drugs, your gona get hurt. If used correctly, the pros massively out weigh the cons, but in the case of steroids, one of the cons happens to be illegality, which for some is a much bigger deal than others.

I it comes down to your personal decision and whats healthy. Pizza once in awhile isnt bad, everyday at the office is a different story. Dr's are in a practice. They have an idea what should work, try this and le me know what happens.... then they adjust, i think thats like any athelete, you try and adjust for what works for you.All I know is i never have to worry about someone that chooses to use gear will kill me like a dui accident or get cancer through 2nd hand smoke. Personally with just regular supplements I have learned what works and have had those days were i was like i took way too much thermogenics. Look at those kids who were buying sudafed just to get high, cant blame everything on steriods.

Chadstallion
03-02-2010, 08:50 AM
I'd get a job at CVS in a second. employee discounts !

Fragger2323
03-18-2010, 10:56 AM
I'll tell you a logical way to make them legal:

Require everyone to pass a test regarding them and attend classes to pass that test. This way, everyone knows the dangers of them, how to use, how to PCT, etc. It would also prevent the excuse of 'we are protecting you from yourselves' that the government uses.

Then, require a medical doctor to prescribe them, which of course, would not be elective. This way, all of the preliminaries are taken care of. However, the doctor would be forced to help you with your goals while at the same time make sure you are doing all of the precautions.

Sports leagues are then required to test or do whatever if they want to keep the drugs out. People will play the cheating card still and prefer to know that the athletes are not using, thus they can keep the tests going.

Eventually, as per market demands, enough steroid doctors would open up shop, drive the price down, and we would eventually get safer stuff if pharmaceutical companies are allowed to make advancements. You would still have guys buying other people's stuff to triple their own dosage, and you would have a black market of people selling to people with total disregard, but the majority would follow the laws and procedures.