PDA

View Full Version : Bret Hart signs short term deal w/WWE

ROTFLMAO
12-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Bret Hart signs WWE contract
By Michael Bluth
Dec 16, 2009 - 5:38:16 PM

Amid speculation that Bret Hart is in talks to return to World Wrestling Entertainment to host an upcoming edition of WWE RAW, it now appears Bret Hart's involvement with WWE will extend well beyond a 1-night appearance.

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart has signed a short-term talent contract with WWE that goes into effect on January 1, 2010 and runs until April 10th, approximately two weeks after WrestleMania 26.

There has been talk of talk of Hart returning to the ring for one match, but that is still speculation at this point.

Although nothing is official, he is expected to debut on the January 4 Raw show that will go head-to-head with TNA's Monday Night iMPACT! special

~gymdiva~
12-16-2009, 11:45 PM
a post like this needs to have its own home!

ROTFLMAO
12-17-2009, 12:22 AM
Ok gymdiva.

LANCE ADAM
12-17-2009, 01:11 AM
...... so over this bs

BigJD69
12-17-2009, 01:23 AM
How is that possible? I thought Bret Hart hated Vince McMahon and the WWE esp after his brother died in the ring???

Marduk The UnREPable
12-17-2009, 02:06 AM
Hell yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! Best news in a long time , this is at least as big as Hogan on TNA

~gymdiva~
12-17-2009, 07:53 AM
by Nick Paglino
Dec 16, 2009
As we reported just moments ago, Bret Hart has signed a short term talent deal with WWE that will go into effect on January 1st, 2010.

At this time, The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Hart is expected to debut with the company as the special guest host of Raw on January 4th, which of course goes head-to-head with TNA Impact that night.

Additionally, it's being said that Hart's talent deal does not expire until April 10th, 2010, and it is expected that Hart's work with WWE will not be limited to just one appearance as Raw's guest host. In fact, there is talk at this time of Bret possibly wrestling one more match, but that is simply speculation at the moment and nothing has been confirmed.

swoleoneday
12-17-2009, 09:19 AM
WOW, I never thought I'd see the day that Hart walked back into a WWE arena.

I just hope he holds his mouth on live TV.

Anyone know, has he fully recovered from his stroke? He was having a decent bit of trouble moving around before.

~gymdiva~
12-17-2009, 09:39 AM
I saw footage on TMZ of him at the airport maybe back in august and he appeared to be moving just fine....looked pretty good, too....no clue on movement in terms of wrestling....I'd be shocked if he actually got in there in a legit match....

maybe the Hart Dynasty will get a bigger push, too :)

TheCutMan
12-17-2009, 04:29 PM
How is that possible? I thought Bret Hart hated Vince McMahon and the WWE esp after his brother died in the ring???

Bret Hart and Vince McMahon made peace a long time ago. The Hitman has also been inducted into the hall of fame.

ROTFLMAO
12-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Bret Hart VS Vince McMahon WRESTLE MANIA

swoleoneday
12-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Bret Hart VS Vince McMahon WRESTLE MANIA

I know this will probably happen, and would be an "attraction" for wrestlemania, but I don't like it for a few reasons:

1. Vince is not the best of wrestlers, and although he has shown to be willing to take huge bumps, and put on decent matches, The people he has put on good matches with carried him through the entire match.

2. Bret isn't what he used to be, and I cringe thinking about him trying to live out his glory days in a match with Vince. To his standards, this wouldn't even be worth rating.

3. Its wrestlemania and should be filled with action packed matches, daredevil stunts, and great storylines. Bret v Vince would maybe have one of those.

Maybe I'm more of an old school fan, but I don't want to see two middle age men, one well past his prime, and one that never had a prime try to have a match.

ROTFLMAO
12-17-2009, 05:00 PM
the best their is the best their WAS AN THE BEST THEIR ever will be

you can never say never when it comes to the business, it's about puting butt's in seats and ppv buy ratings $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ CHING CHING CHING CHING BLING BLING BLING BLING

angry bitter canadian men are capable of anything they set their mind too

ROTFLMAO
12-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Interview: Bret Hart Talks Hogan-TNA, a WWE Return, His Favorite RAW Star & More
By Marc Middleton
Dec 17, 2009 - 2:53:33 PM

- WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart appeared on yesterday's edition of Wrestling Observer Radio on F4Wonline.com. Here are some of the highlights:

* Bret said he doesn't have faith in Eric Bischoff or Hulk Hogan when it comes to recreating the Monday Night Wars with TNA. He respects TNA as a company and hope it brings competition for the sport but doesn't think they're going to do anything major. Bret said Hogan has played himself out to the American audience and doesn't have anything to offer anymore.

* He feels he still has lots of ideas and different things he can contribute to wrestling. His ideal job in the business right now would be something similar to what John Laurinaitis does for WWE. He would want to be involved in planning matches and storylines.

* TNA has always been good to him as far as extending offers go.

* Bret says he is a big fan of Randy Orton's work these days but not impressed with the storylines he's been involved in. He also said he's impressed with Kofi Kingston and is a mark for Melina, calling her creative and very imaginative when it comes to doing her moves. He also feels everything Sheamus is doing right now is impressive and also is a big fan of Jack Swagger. Bret feels Swagger has good potential to be a top wrestler and character.

* He would loved to have wrestled Kurt Angle and David Hart Smith. He also would have loved to work as a heel against John Cena because he feels they could have told a good story together. He hinted that Cena's abilities in the ring are limited but he is still good.

* As far as all the news about his WWE return, Bret said he can't talk about the rumors but did say that he was talking with WWE and "we will see what happens."

ROTFLMAO
12-17-2009, 07:14 PM
New Details on Bret Hart's WWE Return, Possible Plans with Vince, New DVD & More
By Marc Middleton
Dec 17, 2009 - 2:21:57 AM

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- A source close to the situation says that Bret Hart has signed a short-term contract with WWE that will run from January 1st, 2010 until April 10th, 2010, about two weeks after WrestleMania. It was said that Hart wanted his signing to be kept quiet and his return a surprise but WWE all but officially announced it on RAW this past week.

The deal had been talked about for months now, possibly as far back as SummerSlam. WWE has expected Hart to come in for a program in the past but it's never materialized until now. There had also been talk over the past few months of possibly have Hart do something with The Hart Dynasty on TV to help move them up the ladder but that talk never materialized either.

Sources are under the impression that WWE wants to move forward with a storyline between Vince McMahon and Bret, playing off the Survivor Series 1997 screwjob. Some who were let in on Hart's return were even told that he would actually be wrestling, possibly only one match, but that still seems unlikely to most. Given his age and health, Hart wrestling probably won't happen.

A DVD on the Hart family is also part of the deal between Bret and WWE. It is still not confirmed that Hart will host the January 4th RAW head-to-head with TNA but he currently is not scheduled to appear for WWE before the 4th.

sam the man
12-18-2009, 03:52 AM
i remember what happend to bret shawn match, and the way things went wrong,,but still there is lot of common things between wwe and bret,,, bret gave wwe a name, a champion to rememeber and wwe gave bret everything,,
now what happend to owen was a tragic accident, but there are other champions who went down very tragically like eddie,,so this is the part of the game,, and specailly when we are a part of such a physical sport,, things might go bad..
rest,, if bret comes to raw, i will be more then happy, rest about vince,, he does not have a soul,, if bret comes to raw and that brings more audience to raw and money to vince ,,,,,,,,,then vince will be more then happy to have him, back,,,,,,,,,,,,, vince is a bussinessman who made money on the blood and sweat of these hard working performer's

breat come back to main stage,, and say ur heart,,,,,,,,,,,,

TheCutMan
12-21-2009, 07:00 AM
the best their is the best their WAS AN THE BEST THEIR ever will be

you can never say never when it comes to the business, it's about puting butt's in seats and ppv buy ratings $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ CHING CHING CHING CHING BLING BLING BLING BLING

angry bitter canadian men are capable of anything they set their mind too

I saw Bret a few weeks ago over here in Germany as the AWR toured through Europe. Due to his knee replacement he is noticeably limping.
Having read his book and seen him recently I assure you that Bret will never ever compete in a actual match again.

ROTFLMAO
12-23-2009, 05:45 PM
New Details on Bret Hart's WWE Return and Contract, Plans with Vince, HBK-HHH
By Marc Middleton
Dec 22, 2009 - 1:02:41 PM

Source: F4Wonline.com

- The short-term deal that Bret Hart has signed with WWE is a performer's contract so he will be an integral part of the storylines going into WrestleMania. It's still believed by many that he will be doing one match, most likely against Vince McMahon.

Bret is old-school and is trying to keep everything about his return quiet. Because of this, a lot of news might not get out about plans for him in WWE before his first appearance. It's still not confirmed that Bret will be hosting the January 4th RAW.

Bret is heavier than he has been in the past and is trying to get back into shape. He has a bad back injury that has made it hard to train.

Bret hasn't talked with Shawn Michaels or Triple H since Montreal so it will be interesting to see how everything plays out between them.

bodimajestik
12-24-2009, 06:44 AM
I know this will probably happen, and would be an "attraction" for wrestlemania, but I don't like it for a few reasons:

1. Vince is not the best of wrestlers, and although he has shown to be willing to take huge bumps, and put on decent matches, The people he has put on good matches with carried him through the entire match.

2. Bret isn't what he used to be, and I cringe thinking about him trying to live out his glory days in a match with Vince. To his standards, this wouldn't even be worth rating.

3. Its wrestlemania and should be filled with action packed matches, daredevil stunts, and great storylines. Bret v Vince would maybe have one of those.

Maybe I'm more of an old school fan, but I don't want to see two middle age men, one well past his prime, and one that never had a prime try to have a match.

Vince is not a good wrestler but he can make good wrestlers under perform($$)...

Larry C
12-24-2009, 09:37 AM
Interview: Bret Hart Talks Hogan-TNA, a WWE Return, His Favorite RAW Star & More
By Marc Middleton
Dec 17, 2009 - 2:53:33 PM

- WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart appeared on yesterday's edition of Wrestling Observer Radio on F4Wonline.com. Here are some of the highlights:

* Bret said he doesn't have faith in Eric Bischoff or Hulk Hogan when it comes to recreating the Monday Night Wars with TNA. He respects TNA as a company and hope it brings competition for the sport but doesn't think they're going to do anything major. Bret said Hogan has played himself out to the American audience and doesn't have anything to offer anymore.

* He feels he still has lots of ideas and different things he can contribute to wrestling. His ideal job in the business right now would be something similar to what John Laurinaitis does for WWE. He would want to be involved in planning matches and storylines.

* TNA has always been good to him as far as extending offers go.

* Bret says he is a big fan of Randy Orton's work these days but not impressed with the storylines he's been involved in. He also said he's impressed with Kofi Kingston and is a mark for Melina, calling her creative and very imaginative when it comes to doing her moves. He also feels everything Sheamus is doing right now is impressive and also is a big fan of Jack Swagger. Bret feels Swagger has good potential to be a top wrestler and character.

* He would loved to have wrestled Kurt Angle and David Hart Smith. He also would have loved to work as a heel against John Cena because he feels they could have told a good story together. He hinted that Cena's abilities in the ring are limited but he is still good.

* As far as all the news about his WWE return, Bret said he can't talk about the rumors but did say that he was talking with WWE and "we will see what happens."
Has Bret worked as a booker before? I'm sure with his experience in the ring he'd be able but whether he'd have the creativity to bring fresh feuds, storylines and outcomes to matches is another matter.

swoleoneday
12-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Has Bret worked as a booker before? I'm sure with his experience in the ring he'd be able but whether he'd have the creativity to bring fresh feuds, storylines and outcomes to matches is another matter.

I think he booked some for his dad's territory back in the day, but I don't remember reading anything about him booking for the WWE, he had alot of creative control over his character, but not much more than that.

Larry C
12-24-2009, 09:58 AM
I think he booked some for his dad's territory back in the day, but I don't remember reading anything about him booking for the WWE, he had alot of creative control over his character, but not much more than that.
It'll definitely spark some interest in the new year whatever happens, I hope he can assist in making some changes.

If he were to miraculously return to the ring for the final match it'd be brilliant to see Neidhart make an appearance for his corner if they go with a story line pitting Bret against the McMahon/Michaels/HHH stable.

TPT
12-24-2009, 11:13 AM
It'll definitely spark some interest in the new year whatever happens, I hope he can assist in making some changes.

If he were to miraculously return to the ring for the final match it'd be brilliant to see Neidhart make an appearance for his corner if they go with a story line pitting Bret against the McMahon/Michaels/HHH stable.

its really gonna be difficult to dx as heels again. they are so over as faces.

and im real skeptical on whether tyson/smith can handle working with dx. i dont think it will be easy to get them over even with bret harts blessings.

TheCutMan
12-25-2009, 05:50 PM

He booked a lot of shows back in the days for Stampede Wrestling, the territory his father ran.
Would be cool to see some "old school" angles again. I'm bored by the way storylines are booked these days.

ROTFLMAO
12-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Teddy Hart Coming to WWE with Bret?, Likely Member for the Hall of Fame & More
By Marc Middleton
Dec 24, 2009 - 5:12:09 AM

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- Teddy Hart is telling people in Mexico that he is going to be coming in to WWE with Bret Hart. The feeling in Mexico is that if he does go, he won't last long because "he hasn't learned one thing since he's been there (in Mexico)." The feeling is that Teddy has lots of talent but limited ring psychology and never listens to anyone, which is why WWE released him from a deal before.

Teddy wants to bring partner Jack Evans with him. AAA is high on Evans, more than they are on Hart, and Evans has two more years left on his contract with them.

Hart has either been asked by WWE, or already has filmed interviews in Stamford for the upcoming WWE DVD on the Hart family. Teddy is under the impression that the DVD is going along with WrestleMania 26 where the late Stu Hart will be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Teddy was last released by WWE from a developmental deal in late 2007. He is the grandson of Stu Hart, nephew of Bret Hart and cousin to The Hart Dynasty.

ROTFLMAO
12-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Posted in: WWE
WWE reconfirms upcoming host for RAW, Bret Hart/Triple H politics
By Brian Cantor
Dec 23, 2009 - 11:11:38 PM

Regarding Bret Hart's impending WWE return, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter cites sources in saying Triple H's political reaction will be "interesting to watch." In the past, sources have said that Hunter has struggled to keep his poker face at the idea of Hart coming in, and now that it appears official, many are curious to see how diplomatic he will be.

WWE.com has reconfirmed Mike Tyson as the 1/11 RAW host. Given how quickly WWE reuploaded the story, is unclear why Tuesday's announcement was ever taken down.

That edition of RAW goes head-to-head with the UFC Fight Night Live special on Spike TV.

swoleoneday
12-27-2009, 08:38 AM
- Teddy Hart is telling people in Mexico that he is going to be coming in to WWE with Bret Hart. The feeling in Mexico is that if he does go, he won't last long because "he hasn't learned one thing since he's been there (in Mexico)." The feeling is that Teddy has lots of talent but limited ring psychology and never listens to anyone, which is why WWE released him from a deal before.

I don't see them bringing him in for anything but a Hart reunion type deal. I could see Neidhart coming in as well. If he still doesn't listen to people, the WWE will kick him out on his ass again quick. We all know they like puppets anyway, not people that think too much on their own. Teddy being on the far away side of those thinking on their own.

That edition of RAW goes head-to-head with the UFC Fight Night Live special on Spike TV.

This is what I'm interested in seeing. WWE's ratings against UFC... we might find out if the UFC is actually competition for the WWE if they take some ratings from them.

Sandpig
12-27-2009, 08:46 AM
we might find out if the UFC is actually competition for the WWE if they take some ratings from them.

That's where the DVR comes into play. Damn, I love that thing.

Mark
12-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Wow...

Bret Hart. Awesome.

ROTFLMAO
12-27-2009, 12:00 PM
I don't see them bringing him in for anything but a Hart reunion type deal. I could see Neidhart coming in as well. If he still doesn't listen to people, the WWE will kick him out on his ass again quick. We all know they like puppets anyway, not people that think too much on their own. Teddy being on the far away side of those thinking on their own.

This is what I'm interested in seeing. WWE's ratings against UFC... we might find out if the UFC is actually competition for the WWE if they take some ratings from them.

If they do bring in teddy they'll probably stick him with randy as a traveling partner so he learn the wwe ropes..... As for wwe an UFC it will only make vince have to better his product because every week on ufc is different then the last....

ROTFLMAO
12-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Breaking: WWE confirms Bret Hart-Vince McMahon angle for tonight's RAW
By Brian Cantor
Dec 28, 2009 - 3:24:43 PM

It is now official--tonight's edition of WWE RAW will feature an angle to setup the return of Bret "The Hitman" Hart.

While the nature of the angle is unclear, WWE.com has confirmed that Vince McMahon will appear live on tonight's RAW to "address the rumor of WWE Hall of Famer Bret 'Hit Man' Hart's return to WWE."

As has been reported, Hart recently inked a short-term contract with WWE and is expected to return to RAW next week in preparation for a WrestleMania angle with McMahon.

TPT
12-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Breaking: WWE confirms Bret Hart-Vince McMahon angle for tonight's RAW
By Brian Cantor
Dec 28, 2009 - 3:24:43 PM

It is now official--tonight's edition of WWE RAW will feature an angle to setup the return of Bret "The Hitman" Hart.

While the nature of the angle is unclear, WWE.com has confirmed that Vince McMahon will appear live on tonight's RAW to "address the rumor of WWE Hall of Famer Bret 'Hit Man' Hart's return to WWE."

As has been reported, Hart recently inked a short-term contract with WWE and is expected to return to RAW next week in preparation for a WrestleMania angle with McMahon.

shit!

this is gonna be exciting. ill be watching for how the program initiates tonight.

TPT
12-28-2009, 10:18 PM
the program is looking very good.

vince got the fans to boo and the majority probably dont even know him. lol.

nice entry by shawn micheal. goo work with the teasing.

ROTFLMAO
12-28-2009, 11:57 PM
WM26 could very well do a million buys if they do indeed lock up.....

Sucker
12-29-2009, 12:12 AM
Brett is a fool. They fucked him over once and now he's going back for another ass fucking. It'll be nice to see him again but I have no sympathy for him if Vince uses him again.

ROTFLMAO
12-31-2009, 12:44 PM
Eric Bischoff Talks About Bret Hart's WWE Return, TNA vs. WWE on Monday & More
By Marc Middleton
Dec 31, 2009 - 4:20:48 AM

- Eric Bischoff has posted a new blog on his website talking WWE bringing back Bret Hart and the upcoming Monday Night War. Here's some of what he wrote:

As expected, WWE is reacting to the competition by bringing in Bret Hart.

I am happy for Bret. Hopefully, by going back to work for Vince and the WWE, Bret will be able to put a painful and personally traumatic part of his life behind him. I have always liked Bret as a person and respected him as a professional. It was disappointing to me when I would read or hear comments that Bret would make, that reflected the bitterness he has been carrying around with him for so long. Bret has an opportunity now to write the last chapter of his book in a way that will allow fans to remember him in a more positive way.

I wish the best for Bret and wish good luck to TNA as well.

Clearly TNA is up against a Wall Street mega-corp bully with a billion dollar bank account and a Chairman that thinks only he should have any meaningful market share of the professional wrestling business (even though he's embarrassed to admit he's in the professional wrestling business). It will be an up-hill battle for TNA indeed.

The real winner though, will be the wrestling fans.

Based on the mind-numbingly stupid Raw I had the misfortune of dropping in on last week, perhaps the fact that TNA stepped up and is at least taking a swing at the bully was enough to make McMahon realize that he could not afford to take his audience for granted and continue to shove tripe down the throats of his Goliath "universe" while David was reaching for a stone.

This Monday Night...win, lose, or draw I have to give credit to the folks at TNA and Spike. They could have taken the easy path and put their best foot forward un-opposed. That would make the most sense to many people. But by at least getting into the fight, TNA is most likely going to gain the awareness and respect of a completely different audience.

And wrestling fans are not only going to have a choice this Monday night, they will most likely see a higher quality product all the way around. And for that they should thank TNA.

TPT
01-04-2010, 09:44 PM
oh shit!

bret hart and chris jericho on tv together!

Marduk The UnREPable
01-04-2010, 09:50 PM
oh shit!

bret hart and chris jericho on tv together!

It would have kick so much ass watching him as special referee tonight.

fatbackgoal
01-04-2010, 09:58 PM
It would be awesome if Bret comes out and screws over DX to let Jerishow win the title.

TPT
01-04-2010, 10:00 PM
It would have kick so much ass watching him as special referee tonight.

true.

maybe by wrestlemania.

TPT
01-04-2010, 10:03 PM
haha!

jericho mocked hogan.