PDA

View Full Version : heel? or babyface?

~gymdiva~
12-16-2009, 11:50 PM
which would you be and why?

as for me, heel all the way baby :D for one thing, it sounds like a shoe ;) but for another, well, bad girls have all the fun! :o

and let's bring the stars into it....who have you liked best as a heel and best as a babyface? b/c let's face it, no one is not one or the other anymore!

LANCE ADAM
12-17-2009, 01:16 AM
GIVE ME ENERGY... why would any1 want to be a face. heel is easier to get over. all u hav to do is tell the people they r fat, ugly,stupid, ignorant americans and each and every1 of them is a piece of shit. UR OVER!!!!! lol

Marduk The UnREPable
12-17-2009, 02:08 AM
Heel . I'm all about contributing to the spread of hate.

~gymdiva~
12-17-2009, 07:51 AM
hehehehe I love how "bad" we all are ;)

*RedStar*
12-17-2009, 07:57 AM
what and who is heel? neg me all you want but I feel the need to know.

~gymdiva~
12-17-2009, 08:06 AM
as in currently or in general? and no neg repping from me for that one :)

*RedStar*
12-17-2009, 08:10 AM

both currently and generally, I have no clue what it means, are you referring to a wrestlers name? I watch WWE from time to time but im not a die hard fan but I have never heard of anyone being called a "heel" lol

:byeb:

*RedStar*
12-17-2009, 08:12 AM

how about some green for posting in your thread? "smirks"

~gymdiva~
12-17-2009, 08:14 AM
they're industry terms for who the "bad guy" and "good guy" would be...so a heel would be a guy drawing the heat (boos) and a babyface would be your rah-rah good guy...it's easy to look at someone like a Jeff Hardy and say ok, there's a clear babyface in terms of how the crowd reacted to him...or the current incarnation of DX....heels can be difficult now b/c they blur the lines so much but it's pretty safe to say Orton and now Batista fit that bill...CM Punk as well...

~gymdiva~
12-17-2009, 08:15 AM
how about some green for posting in your thread? "smirks"

HAHAHAHAHA go read your reps :)

*RedStar*
12-17-2009, 08:37 AM
thanks a bunch for explaining this to me..

~gymdiva~
12-17-2009, 08:41 AM
no problem! :)

swoleoneday
12-17-2009, 09:21 AM
Heel for sure... gives you more room to work. Notice how most wrestlers that start out as heels get over quicker than the faces.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
12-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Stone Cold was neither a face or a heel... The Rock seemed to be the same way. I would want to be in that mold.

~gymdiva~
12-17-2009, 09:38 AM
SCSA was a total face! hahahaha....he was certainly one of those responsible for blurring the lines b/w the two but when it was he vs vince there was no doubt at all that he was a total babyface....

*RedStar*
12-17-2009, 09:39 AM
I would wanna be a "chicks dig him and whooraaahhhh when he comes out" babyface...

*RedStar*
12-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Stone Cold was neither a face or a heel... The Rock seemed to be the same way. I would want to be in that mold.

+ this sounds about right..

Gaoshang Xiongshou
12-17-2009, 09:40 AM
SCSA was a total face! hahahaha....he was certainly one of those responsible for blurring the lines b/w the two but when it was he vs vince there was no doubt at all that he was a total babyface....

Oh well of course during that feud. Everyone wanted to be against "The Man" at that time. It was too easy to identify with him. But that worked so well. I doubt we will ever see anything like that again. That was pure creative genius.

Damn, I miss that era.

~gymdiva~
12-17-2009, 09:43 AM

as for the Rock, he was a fun one to watch over the years....when he was a heel man, he was a heel! the funny thing with him was that there were times when he was being brought back as a face but the crowd decided otherwise and unlike what's happening with Cena, WWE let him run with it...those alltime favorite clips of mine with him and The Hurricane are excellent examples of that...

someone else who could run either way was Kurt Angle....

Gaoshang Xiongshou
12-17-2009, 09:45 AM
I never really cared for Angle as a heel, although he was much funnier as one.

It's true.

~gymdiva~
12-17-2009, 09:57 AM
I think I liked Angle's babyface run against HHH and then again against Cena the best....telling HHH he and Stephanie were going to have a baby nose was awesome....

Gaoshang Xiongshou
12-17-2009, 12:43 PM
The milk truck answer to Steve Austin's beer truck and beer bangs in the ring were great too.

~gymdiva~
12-17-2009, 02:24 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA omg yes! ok hang on, I gotta take a trip to youtube now....

~gymdiva~
12-17-2009, 02:26 PM
man Angle is so white it hurts! I love it!

wwzjPb36p6M

Gaoshang Xiongshou
12-17-2009, 02:44 PM
"Now he's pulling out the heavy stuff... IT'S HOMOGENIZED!"

:lmao: That was awesome when I saw it :headbang:

TheCutMan
12-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Damn, I miss that era.

So do I. :(

I would want to be a babyface - just because of the fact that nowerdays everybody wants to be a heel it seems.

My favourite face was definitely Stone Cold. He was no classic hero like Hogan or the Warrior but he was the modern way of a perfect babyface. Gimme a Hell Yeah!

On the heel part I'd probably pick Mr Perfect. Cuz he was what he said he was and that is ... absolutely perfect ... :)

As far as heel promos are concerned I loved it when Rocky was singing and playing with his guitar. It definitely rocked. :D

YouTube- The Rock Sings Cleveland Cavaliers Suck

swoleoneday
12-17-2009, 04:54 PM
I would want to be a babyface - just because of the fact that nowerdays everybody wants to be a heel it seems.

The reason everyone wants to be a heel is because its much easier to get over that way. You want heel heat, down the city you are wrestling in or the people in the arena, cheat in a match, jump someone from behind. Cheap heat... Much harder to get over as a face.

TheCutMan
12-18-2009, 06:35 AM
Totally agree on this one. With all the "smart marks" around today it's often very hard for a new wrestler - especially in local promotions - to get over as a face.

Cressler
12-18-2009, 02:49 PM
which would you be and why?

as for me, heel all the way baby :D for one thing, it sounds like a shoe ;) but for another, well, bad girls have all the fun! :o

and let's bring the stars into it....who have you liked best as a heel and best as a babyface? b/c let's face it, no one is not one or the other anymore!:):):)
I can't imagine you as a heel :D