PDA

View Full Version : Woman feeling constant hunger pangs on palumbo diet. How to blunt appetite?

desibaba
12-17-2009, 03:28 PM
My woman is following the female palumbo diet to the letter. She has her weekly one cheat meal a week. In the beginning all was well she wasnt feeling hunger pangs and was making wonderful progress. For the past few weeks she says she has constant hunger pangs even though she is sticking to the diet to the letter and feels miserable and wants food. First i thought it might be just the hormonal stuff during her period but that is not the case. Are there any supplements she can take to blunt her appetite? She is following the diet EXACTLY as it is laid out which is

MEAL #1
2 whole (OMEGA-3) Eggs with 6 egg whites

MEAL #2
35g Whey protein Isolate with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter

MEAL #3
6oz chicken (ostrich, or turkey) with 1/4-cup (1oz) cashew nuts, or almonds, or walnuts (vary it)

MEAL #4
5oz salmon, swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, red peppers, or carrots) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Mac Nut Oil and vinegar

MEAL #5
35g Whey Protein Isolate with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 2 whole (OMEGA-3) EGGS with 6 whites

cheat meal once per week (in place of meal #5).

She is taking clen 2 weeks on 2 weeks off so i dont know if adding epdedrine hcl on top of that is a good idea but i know epdedrine is good for blunting the appetite. Any other good OTC products for blunting the appetite. Any advice for calorie free fiber dense foods that can help her feel full?

fitbody
12-28-2009, 11:07 AM
drink lots and lots and lots of water
diet pop was my saviour
make sure you read the label though and it needs to be zero calorie diet pop

big.poppa.pump
12-28-2009, 11:25 PM
5-htp matches well with the diet. It raises seratonin levels, which will enhance your mood. I find its great for carb cravings. These cravings should stop after a month or so.

sassy69
12-29-2009, 02:16 AM
Might try hoodia - i use it - works for me - it doesn't so much kill appetite as much as it kills your taste buds --> your taste for things. Anecdotally it works for about 50% of the people who try it. I use the 600-800 mg caps - as it says on the bottle. Its helped me thru my last 4 competitions.

What is her weight? Is she getting enough calories? Otherwise, like they said - diet soda & suck it up until the pangs stop.

amy13
01-05-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm on day 10 and I felt starving for the first 5 or 6 days - has gotten a lot better now - takes time to adjust. lots of water like they all said - and just try to focus on the goal not the food :)

Amber-Leigh
01-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Yep Day 4 for me and I'm hungry too! I am drinking a ton of water not sure if I can take anything for the appetite? I just assumed it was my metabolism revving up. That and the second I start to eat I start to sweat?!?!? Is that weird?

AVBG
01-07-2010, 01:09 PM
sweating when eating is a good sign that your metabolism is revving up.

GirlyMuscle
01-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Yep Day 4 for me and I'm hungry too! I am drinking a ton of water not sure if I can take anything for the appetite? I just assumed it was my metabolism revving up. That and the second I start to eat I start to sweat?!?!? Is that weird?

Totally normal. The hunger will pass. Just make sure you're sticking to the plan 100% and watch for sneaky carbs (gum, crystal lite, splenda, etc).

desibaba
01-11-2010, 02:24 AM
I have heard a lot about hoodia but not about one product that is good with hoodia in it. Does bodybuilding.com sell anything with hoodia in it?

GirlyMuscle
01-11-2010, 02:39 AM
Tons. Do a search. You'll have plenty to pick from. I never used it so I can't tell you an exact product name.

debbiebramwell
01-21-2010, 03:57 PM
hmm I have done different diets and the thing I love about daves diet is that I am not hungry. Is it emotional? I just started prep and feel less hungry them when I was offseason and eatting carbs(which stimulates appetite) alot of good ideas in this thread.

Toniann
01-21-2010, 05:19 PM
How long is that diet for? there are hardly any carbs there!
Debbie is this diet similar to yours?

debbiebramwell
01-21-2010, 05:31 PM
How long is that diet for? there are hardly any carbs there!
Debbie is this diet similar to yours?

yes it is similar. Daves diet is keto and that is no carbs. Dave preps me.:)

Toniann
01-21-2010, 05:58 PM
yes it is similar. Daves diet is keto and that is no carbs. Dave preps me.:)

So you will stay relatively carb free for 16 weeks? don't you feel you will lose a lot of size?
I have always carb cycled in the past and was thinking about the Keto diet.

HeavyDutyGuy
01-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Eat a lot of lettuce with the meals, or cabbage, both negative calorie foods, lots of fiber, more filliing. Broccoli and Cauliflower also can be good if you don't mind deviating a bit from that template. Water. Diet coke. Coffee (in moderation). Unbuttered, air popped popcorn.

sassy69
01-22-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm curious if the clen is making her feel hungry? It tends to do that sometimes.

SallyAnne
01-22-2010, 03:32 PM
So you will stay relatively carb free for 16 weeks? don't you feel you will lose a lot of size?
I have always carb cycled in the past and was thinking about the Keto diet.

I lost no size from keto dieting. I think that's a myth, to be honest. I think Deb will tell you the same thing.

s2h
01-23-2010, 10:34 AM
My woman is following the female palumbo diet to the letter. She has her weekly one cheat meal a week. In the beginning all was well she wasnt feeling hunger pangs and was making wonderful progress. For the past few weeks she says she has constant hunger pangs even though she is sticking to the diet to the letter and feels miserable and wants food. First i thought it might be just the hormonal stuff during her period but that is not the case. Are there any supplements she can take to blunt her appetite? She is following the diet EXACTLY as it is laid out which is

MEAL #1
2 whole (OMEGA-3) Eggs with 6 egg whites

MEAL #2
35g Whey protein Isolate with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter

MEAL #3
6oz chicken (ostrich, or turkey) with 1/4-cup (1oz) cashew nuts, or almonds, or walnuts (vary it)

MEAL #4
5oz salmon, swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, red peppers, or carrots) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Mac Nut Oil and vinegar

MEAL #5
35g Whey Protein Isolate with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 2 whole (OMEGA-3) EGGS with 6 whites

cheat meal once per week (in place of meal #5).

She is taking clen 2 weeks on 2 weeks off so i dont know if adding epdedrine hcl on top of that is a good idea but i know epdedrine is good for blunting the appetite. Any other good OTC products for blunting the appetite. Any advice for calorie free fiber dense foods that can help her feel full?
Did she hire Dave or is this just a version that she got from the boards?

triceptor
01-23-2010, 10:38 AM

do you own a glucometer? You may be experiencing hypoglycemia.

s2h
01-24-2010, 01:45 AM
could be the clen ,how much clen is she taking and what thermagentic is she using on the 2 weeks off?I dont know if she hired Dave(sounds like she didnt)but as Debbie can tell you(i have been on his diet from him)it's not just this cookie cutter eat this meal1 2 3 4 5 6 ,theres alot more to it,and Dave has to make those changes as things happen so my guess is if you did hire him you wouldnt be havn probs,and/or he would change something in your program,whata think Deb?

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2010, 02:28 AM
I think sometimes it's hunger in our heads and not in our tummies. For instance, I just ate 20 minutes ago and I'm not satisfied, therefore, I could interpret that as still being hungry. But if I'm honest with myself, my tummy is not growling. I feel no hunger pains. I just WANT more food.

tight booty
01-24-2010, 05:19 AM
Sometimes it's that our body needs more water and sends out the signal that we hungry, when infact it's water that it's craving. I read this somewhere!

Melissa
01-24-2010, 08:31 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm almost always hungry on a contest diet, especially from about 6 or 8 weeks out up until the contest. I mean, it makes sense...reduced calories and increased cardio (in addition to training) is going to create an energy deficit, so you'd probably be pretty hungry, no?

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2010, 08:40 AM
I agree. The last two months of my contest prep I was always hungry. The four months before that..not so much.

Allifit
02-05-2010, 01:16 PM
I think sometimes it's hunger in our heads and not in our tummies. For instance, I just ate 20 minutes ago and I'm not satisfied, therefore, I could interpret that as still being hungry. But if I'm honest with myself, my tummy is not growling. I feel no hunger pains. I just WANT more food.

EXACTLY. And it's a huge difference. We live in a culture that tends to eat until MENTALLY satisfied, not physically satiated. The two concepts are different. Most people can't get their head past the lack of mental satisfaction and just keep insisting they're hungry....

jompao
02-06-2010, 05:48 AM
Casein instead of Whey and more fat?

SallyAnne
02-06-2010, 10:43 PM
EXACTLY. And it's a huge difference. We live in a culture that tends to eat until MENTALLY satisfied, not physically satiated. The two concepts are different. Most people can't get their head past the lack of mental satisfaction and just keep insisting they're hungry....

I try to turn my "dang, I'm hungry and want more food" thinking around to "yes! I'm hungry, the diet is working" kind of thoughts. lol It really is a mental battle.

amy13
03-24-2010, 04:41 PM
sounds stupid but works for me...

some apple cider vinegar in the water - lemon too just so I can drink it.
totally kills my appetite.

Youngguns
03-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Lots of water and broccoli. If you need something else brush your teeth, or opt for naturally flavored drink. We need to find a good pill that blunts hunger though, a lot of weight loss pills do this, I'm not sure what the exact ingredient is though.

BikiniAshley_62
04-23-2011, 11:41 PM
Let us know how she's doing!... I am on a keto-esque diet (I think I'm on less than 50g carbs a day, my coach keeps track of everything.) The first week was HELL. So that is normal. I was working with someone before who had me eating a pound of sweet potatoes a day! My body had to make the transition as it went through the glycogen. I honestly do think its mental. I have not lost any size, just fat! The diet soda does help, like everyone says. Also, be aggressive with the water intake. I try to get that first liter in before breakfast is even over, so that way my stomach doesn't even have a chance to feel full. I hope she is able to adjust!