PDA

View Full Version : hellloooo??? where is everyone?

tammyp
12-17-2009, 04:07 PM
its quiet in here.....im lonesome.:byeg:

Suzanne
12-17-2009, 04:43 PM
I am around but no one is posting anything

Tatyana
12-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Hai, it is freaking cold in the south of England.

We have snow that is actually staying on the ground.

GirlyMuscle
12-17-2009, 05:35 PM
I've been too busy sightseeing, going to the beach, eating yummy foods and testing out Australian wines. I only pop in here in my mornings while I drink coffee and try to wake up.

Did I tell ya it's been warm and sunny every day since I got here? Don't be jealous!

KBigz81
12-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Girly...I'm jealous! Living in Illinois during the winter time sucks..period. I hate the cold...or anything below 60 degrees for that matter. Hope you're enjoying the sun and sand and warmth.

Big J1
12-17-2009, 05:56 PM
too cold ....under the covers.....brrrrrr...this is my hibernation time

magsmalone
12-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Busy...spreading holiday cheer! Counting the days until I go on my New Years cruise to Mexico. Margaritaville here I come!

sassy69
12-17-2009, 06:58 PM
Busy...spreading holiday cheer! Counting the days until I go on my New Years cruise to Mexico. Margaritaville here I come!

Same here - just trying to stick to a diet until the trip to Cabo .. for a LOTTA MONEY, you too, can spend New Year's at on the beach in Cabo! (So needless to say, for my bucks, I don't want to be the fatty American tourista down there...)

Melissa
12-17-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm here....I've just had my hands stuck in a bag of cashews and didn't want to mess up the flow from the bag to my mouth in order to post.:hungry:

Shariff Abel
12-17-2009, 08:37 PM

Hey there have you seen Mr G anywhere !

tight booty
12-17-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm still here but I have noticed that the forums are a little quieter, but I think it's because people are busy getting ready for Christmas!

RealLilSwole
12-17-2009, 09:07 PM
Well, I have been here, but not posting too much anymore. I've got to be truthful here. Please, no one get mad at me. But I have been a little disgusted with SOME, not all of the forums. It seems that people's words get twisted, or people come down too hard on people, etc. People are just ruthless anymore. As my momma always told me, if you ain't got nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all and thats what I have been doing.

Plus I got a new job. LOL! I am no longer working as a cancer nurse. Well, I will always be an oncology nurse at heart. But I just can't deal with people dying anymore. I became friends with one of my patients on the outside of the hospital and he finally died last week. I am sad but his death was a blessing. I know that sounds terrible, but he was in a lot of pain and unable to tolerate food anymore due to tumors. He was only 29 years old with stage 4 colon cancer. He had a tumor almost as big as a soccer ball wrapped around his aorta. So basically, his cancer made he bleed out. Truely just devastating.

I am now working in the operating room. Can be as equally sad, but now my patients are asleep and after surgery, I don't take care of them again.

Ok...sorrry I wrote a book.

I hope all of you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

GirlyMuscle
12-17-2009, 09:10 PM
I gotta hand it you, Swole...and any one else who works with sick/dying people. I could never handle that. I'm glad someone can though!

RealLilSwole
12-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Thanks Ms. GirlyMuscle! Love the avatar!!

Suzanne
12-17-2009, 10:53 PM
Well, I have been here, but not posting too much anymore. I've got to be truthful here. Please, no one get mad at me. But I have been a little disgusted with SOME, not all of the forums. It seems that people's words get twisted, or people come down too hard on people, etc. People are just ruthless anymore. As my momma always told me, if you ain't got nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all and thats what I have been doing.

Plus I got a new job. LOL! I am no longer working as a cancer nurse. Well, I will always be an oncology nurse at heart. But I just can't deal with people dying anymore. I became friends with one of my patients on the outside of the hospital and he finally died last week. I am sad but his death was a blessing. I know that sounds terrible, but he was in a lot of pain and unable to tolerate food anymore due to tumors. He was only 29 years old with stage 4 colon cancer. He had a tumor almost as big as a soccer ball wrapped around his aorta. So basically, his cancer made he bleed out. Truely just devastating.

I am now working in the operating room. Can be as equally sad, but now my patients are asleep and after surgery, I don't take care of them again.

I totally agree with you about the forums getting nasty and words twisted

Hope you enjoy the new position

sorry about your friend

Suzanne
12-17-2009, 10:54 PM
I've been too busy sightseeing, going to the beach, eating yummy foods and testing out Australian wines. I only pop in here in my mornings while I drink coffee and try to wake up.

Did I tell ya it's been warm and sunny every day since I got here? Don't be jealous!

I am not jealous i want some damn snow!!!!!!! :yep::yep::yep:
I DO NOT tolerate heat well
I will walk the dogs wehn it is 5 deg but i am hard pressed to do it if above 80

other stuff you are doing sounds fun!

GirlyMuscle
12-17-2009, 11:11 PM
LOL...I'm the opposite. I wear gloves when the temps hit 50F. If I never saw snow the rest of my life I'd never miss it.

Curt James
12-17-2009, 11:20 PM

Any details on the new job? Best wishes on that! :beerbang: And congratulations.

I'm grateful for my 47 years. I see so many young people in the obits, it's ridiculous. :(

The bookier the better! Write on!

LOL...I'm the opposite. I wear gloves when the temps hit 50F. If I never saw snow the rest of my life I'd never miss it.

I agree with you there. Maybe some nice pictures of snow might suffice for me.

sweetjane57
12-17-2009, 11:24 PM
i'm here....i've just had my hands stuck in a bag of cashews and didn't want to mess up the flow from the bag to my mouth in order to post.:hungry:
lmao

sweetjane57
12-17-2009, 11:26 PM
BTW: I'm ALWAYS gandering/lurking/posting WHEN I can...my training/work schedule leaves me HARDLY any online play time though...I post the most on my off days(tue/wed)

~gymdiva~
12-17-2009, 11:53 PM
holy f*ck look at the back in your avi! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

tight booty
12-18-2009, 03:59 AM

My god....29 years of age! That is so devastating! May your friend rest in peace!

tight booty
12-18-2009, 04:00 AM
holy f*ck look at the back in your avi! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
That green is so pretty on you!

tammyp
12-18-2009, 06:16 AM
sorry about your friend lil swole.

we have implicated some new rules on rx in case you hadnt noticed, so that sort of thing is stopping or people are can go bye bye.

were -12 this morning....im going to cabo w jill!

shankuan
12-18-2009, 11:48 AM

Hey...I'm not jealous..this is my weather ALL YEAR ROUND! :D

Anything below 87-89 here is COLD! lol!

shankuan
12-18-2009, 12:14 PM

I'm in here all the time and wonder the same thing!

Wendy
12-19-2009, 07:57 AM

I completely understand what you are feeling. I worked on a palliative care floor until last year and even though it is hardbreaking work I really feel llike we make a huge difference helping patients and families come to terms with their illness/loss. I am on an active surgical floor now and an enjoying the fast pace! Still some sad stories but I guess there always will be no matter where we work....

Keep up the great work!

debbiebramwell
12-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Hey ladies, sorry about any negativity you may read on the forums, we are doing our best to moderate it. In life nothing is perfect and you are gonna have to deal with people like this. The great thing is there are way more positive , wonderful people here which is why I am here. Let us know if there is anything you need.:hmn:happy holidays!!;)

I am excited, Im going to Los angelos for xmas to see my family! Last 2 years we went to phoenix to see some friends for new years but they decided to come to Alabama. We are gonna party like rock stars then after new years I am starting prep for new york pro show. What are you all doing for the holidays??

~gymdiva~
12-19-2009, 01:34 PM
That green is so pretty on you!

thank you! and Colette's hair and makeup job on me was da bombdiggity!

tammyp
12-19-2009, 04:57 PM
my new years eve will be spent moving my business! no partyin for me !

wildcat22
12-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Busy time of year for most. I enjoy the holidays but l also like it when they are done. Need to get back to normalcy!!

Ibarramedia
12-19-2009, 11:19 PM
Any details on the new job? Best wishes on that! :beerbang: And congratulations.

I'm grateful for my 47 years. I see so many young people in the obits, it's ridiculous. :(

The bookier the better! Write on!

I agree with you there. Maybe some nice pictures of snow might suffice for me.

Hey Curt Whassup buddy? Speaking about snow,we got blasted here with 2 feet of snow. Everything shut down in the DC/Balt. Metropolitan area.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/photos/eaststrmsm/snow04.jpg

magsmalone
12-20-2009, 04:17 PM
I salute you for your hard work as an oncology nurse! I'm sure you have brought much happiness into the lives of your patients. Makes you appreciate everything that we take for granted. I am an Anesthesiologist and work in the OR. It can be challenging too. I do get a sense of satisfaction as we all work together as a team to get the patients through their surgeries and on the road to recovery. I think you will enjoy that aspect of the operating room.

Curt James
12-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Hey Curt Whassup buddy? Speaking about snow,we got blasted here with 2 feet of snow. Everything shut down in the DC/Balt. Metropolitan area.

That's an incredible, beautiful shot.

I'm not looking forward to digging my car out tomorrow. We didn't get nearly the snow that you did either.

debbiebramwell
12-20-2009, 10:18 PM
my new years eve will be spent moving my business! no partyin for me !

now I have to party extra just for you:p I have friends visiting from phoenix(we went there the last 2 years)for new years. We are going out dancing. I got vip to the club so it will be comfty and fun! I start prep right after new years!:lift::D

The Prodigy
12-21-2009, 03:06 PM
I like to read, but don't have the experience competing to post much! So I guess I am a lurker!

terri vona
12-21-2009, 03:11 PM
now I have to party extra just for you:p I have friends visiting from phoenix(we went there the last 2 years)for new years. We are going out dancing. I got vip to the club so it will be comfty and fun! I start prep right after new years!:lift::D

Just moved my business too... well, paid a couple of guys to do that for me. Moving heavy gym equipment sucks. I'm all business anyway, don't do a whole lot a partying no matter what time of the year it is.

terri vona
12-21-2009, 03:35 PM

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/photos/eaststrmsm/snow04.jpg

Pix like these make me very happy that I live in the Sunshine State!:yep:

Toniann
12-21-2009, 03:38 PM
I only like snow until Christmas, as soon as Christmas is done I want it to go back to 90 degrees, I love the heat and humidity.

sassy69
12-21-2009, 06:52 PM
I only like snow until Christmas, as soon as Christmas is done I want it to go back to 90 degrees, I love the heat and humidity.

This was always my favorite part of going home (MN) for xmas when I lived in S. Florida. I could go home, "Oh look mom! I"m shoveling! Oh look at the pretty snow! SNOWBALL FIGHT!" (splat)

Then after a week of that I"m fantasizing about getting on the plane and spending New Years on the beach w/ my Scuba diving buddies.

The best return trip I ever had, a friend picked me up at the Ft. Lauderdale airport and we went straight to Shooters on the Intracoastal, and watched the sun set in shorts & frosty drinks w/ umbrellas.

Another fav thing to do was call home to wish everyone a happy New Year from the beach. (Got lots of "F U..." ;) )

Toniann
12-21-2009, 07:17 PM
This was always my favorite part of going home (MN) for xmas when I lived in S. Florida. I could go home, "Oh look mom! I"m shoveling! Oh look at the pretty snow! SNOWBALL FIGHT!" (splat)

Then after a week of that I"m fantasizing about getting on the plane and spending New Years on the beach w/ my Scuba diving buddies.

The best return trip I ever had, a friend picked me up at the Ft. Lauderdale airport and we went straight to Shooters on the Intracoastal, and watched the sun set in shorts & frosty drinks w/ umbrellas.

Another fav thing to do was call home to wish everyone a happy New Year from the beach. (Got lots of "F U..." ;) )

I remember before my kids were born my husband and I spent NYE in FT. Lauderdale and actually woke up on the beach the next morning. So long ago were those worry free times.

GirlyMuscle
12-21-2009, 07:39 PM
You'll get those days back again. My son is 21 yrs old. I'll be on the beaches of Western Australia on Christmas Day. Don't be jealous! :D

fitmomma3
12-21-2009, 08:34 PM
I am wrapping presents :) but plan to be back on more regularly after the new year!

~gymdiva~
12-21-2009, 08:37 PM
will you wrap mom's and dad's, too? sweet thanks! ;)

fitmomma3
12-21-2009, 08:46 PM
haha its like santa's workshop over here lol might as well!! hubbys putting together a car garage/ramp for the boys and it has like 32 steps in the instructions and over 50 stickers to decorate it lol

~gymdiva~
12-21-2009, 09:02 PM
oy! I got all of mom's and dad's today on the way back from the doc's....figured I was out I might as well! wasn't too bad actually....the parking lot was a zoo but then I went inside and there were just a handful of people...guess everyone was just trying to park!