PDA

View Full Version : pregnant training tips

irishmuscle
12-18-2009, 04:48 AM
hey ladies,
Just wondering could ye give me any tips on training and diet when pregnant,what to do and what not to do etc etc. im thinking,doin partial squats with stability ball against a wall,tricep extensions,d.b. curls,shoulder press,pretty much no ab work,no running on t-mill just low intensity cardio.Any stretches and so on. As far as diet goes,would a women need more carbs than protein,what types of protein,less fish more meat etc etc. any info would be greatfull.thanks.

GirlyMuscle
12-18-2009, 05:31 AM
If she doesn't already work out being pregnant is the wrong time to start. That being said...use common sense. No ab work, no heavy squats. If it hurts or puts pressure on the abdomen don't do it.

tight booty
12-18-2009, 06:11 AM
I believe that a woman is an incubator for another life and therefore should not diet during her pregnancy! I recommend plenty of good foods such as fresh fruit and vegetables, fish and some red meat to help ramp up the iron! Oysters are very high in zinc and that is very important if you want to avoid scretch marks. I ate alot of oysters during both my pregnancies and never got one scretch mark.

irishmuscle
12-18-2009, 08:27 AM
this girl is training for about 2 years before becoming pregnant,she does regular weight training and high intensity cardio,tanx for that info guys

GirlyMuscle
12-18-2009, 08:32 AM
If she has experience in weight training then I'd say she should keep doing what she;s doing. If she's a power lifter she needs to lighten up the weights and skip the heavy squats, deads, etc. If she's not, even so, she needs to train just to maintain .....no hitting PRs at this time. Again, no ab training.

As far as diet goes....a pregnant women needs only 300 calories a day above MAINTENANCE. She is NOT eating for two. This is where women f up and gain too much weight.

irishmuscle
12-18-2009, 09:17 AM
tanx for the info,can mercury effect a child,like the mercury found in some fish?

GirlyMuscle
12-18-2009, 09:26 AM
How often is she eating fish? A couple of times a day? Also depends on the type of fish....farm raised..fresh caught...breed...

I think she'd be ok with a couple of times a week without any worry.

Suzanne
12-18-2009, 10:46 AM
The most important thing is during first 3 months not to get body temp to high

Other than train you can do most any weight training my sister did until the day before she gave birth

sassy69
12-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Here's an article Heather Lee (strong woman, fitness model, former BB) wrote during her experience w/ her first baby in 2007. We recovered it from our website cache after the site crashed so its missing photos, but I'm including another article that gives you more insight into who Heather is and what she does, in an interview w/ House of Pain.

Posted 12/18/07

Women & Pregnancy - from a BB & Strong Woman's Perspective
(http://www.afboard.com/forum/womens-discussion/582-women-pregnancy-bb-strong-womans-perspective.html)

I know I don't post here often enough, but I thought this would benefit a lot of women...

My name is Heather Lee, and I am a well published fitness model... I am also a retired bodybuilder, pro-powerlifter and strongwoman competitor. I have figure competitions in my future, but had to put that on hold because I am expecting a little bundle of joy~a baby boy~ on December 23!! I felt some of my experiences could help other fit mom's who are expecting!

...SO I AM DUE ANY DAY NOW!!!!!!! Well, to be specific, about 5 days!!!! The last nine months have absolutely FLOWN! I have to say I am pleasantly surprised at how easy my pregnancy was. I was a little nervous hearing so many horror stories about women who can't do this or can't do that....about celebrities who gained over 100 pounds, nightmares about pain and aches, not being able to train....etc, etc....

So, here is a breakdown what I went thru, and I can tell you ladies who haven't had kids yet and are nervous, there is hope! I know all pregnancies are different and all women are different, but I think there are a lot of factors that you can control that will have a huge impact on your pregnancy

I started off at 133 fit pounds, and I topped off at 153. I gained only 20 pounds. They say that the ideal average is 25 to 30 pounds, but I think the fact that I had to modify my training made me lose muscle, which we all know weighs more than fat, hence the poundage difference. My doctors expressed no concern anywhere along the way that I didn't gain enough weight, and actually complimented me several times for maintaining and keeping myself in such great physical shape!

SO....how did I do it?

I continued to work out the ENTIRE duration of my pregnancy. With the exception of the last 3 weeks, I worked out the entire time, 4 days a week.

For the first 3 months, I really didn't have to change my workouts much except for the fact I cut back on my max weight sets(especially on compound movements like squats and deadlifts). However, I continued everything else just about the same. Why? Because the doctor said that "If you were doing it before you got pregnant it is okay to do once you get pregnant". I was a conditioned athlete who had been training so my body could handle it.

After the third month I had to vary some of what I was doing. If something wasn't comfortable or I felt pressure, I ceased doing it. The key was listening to my body. I did a lot of reading and research, and at a certain point(20 weeks) you aren't supposed to do much of anything lying on your back(including sleeping because it cuts oxygen to the placenta!). At that point I had to cut out the flat bench dumbell presses, barbell presses, etc(all of those types of movements). Also, at 20 weeks you aren't supposed to directly train your abdominal muscles anymore with the exception of pelvic tilts and breathing exercises. Up until that point I made sure that I was hitting them religiously four days a week plus a lot of lower back strengthening work.

Once I hit that 21 week mark, I simply changed up my split to accommodate limited exercise choices. My split went from the typical 4-5 day split to a 3 day rotation.

Day 1-Chest, Shoulders and Triceps
Day 2- Back and Biceps
REST
Day 3- Legs
REST
REPEAT

My split would overlap so that I was training usually 5 days a week at that point. I had also been swimming for cardio since the beginning of my pregnancy. Not only was I doing it for the cardio aspect but for the therapeutic benefit as well. Quite simply, it felt GREAT! I would do 15 to 20 laps 4 days a week. I also continued that until the end!

I really feel that the working out helped to curb my appetite and insane cravings as well, because with the exception of the third month, where I couldn't get enough potato salad and tuna with hot peppers and vinegar, I ate totally normal for the entire time. In other words, I have had no desire to eat pickles and potato chips or tubs of bon bons all night long. Not once. Again, contributing to keeping my weight under control which will help when it's "post-baby-get-my-butt-in-shape-time"!!!

What else didn't I change? I didn't use the excuse "I can't because I'm pregnant" for everything under the sun. "If I could, I did", and if my doctor said it was okay, I did! Daily housework can be a great opportunity to keep up your activity level! Take yard work for example... Mowing my lawn (which I LOVE DOING!) kept me moving all summer long! Planting flowers, weeding, raking, carrying things(under 50 pounds which is fine by the good ole' doc!) Moving weights around in the gym for my clients despite some of them cringing and demanding I take it easy! (Love you guys!!!!!!) Heck, I even biked 21 miles and hiked up 2 mountains at 6 months pregnant when I went on vacation to Maine! But again, keep in mind that you need to run it all by your doctor before you do it! I was never a high-risk pregnancy and so my options were not limited!

All in all I had no severe aches, pains, or gripes. Yes, at 8 1/2 months I started to feel the strain of a living beach ball where my abs were just a few months ago, compressing my lungs, my stomach sack, and sending my heartburn thru the roof...and sure, I haven't been able to find a very comfortable position to sleep in for the last 3 weeks, since breathing has become somewhat of an issue! But let me tell you, if I had let myself go "because I am pregnant" and I'm just not going to give a damn, it would be A LOT worse! And once my little boy is here, it would be a lot harder to get myself back to where I want to be!

The moral of this is not to brag about what I did while I was pregnant, but to tell you all that if you are planning on having a baby, get active, get to working out, get yourself motivated, so that during a time that can wreak hell on your body, you can keep yourself pain free and not totally destroy your body beyond repair! It will make the nine months happier and healthier for both you and your baby. That way, when you go to the doctor for your monthly, then bi-weekly, and finally, where I am now at, weekly, check-ups, you can have your blood pressure, blood-sugar, bodyweight, and health of the amazing life you are carrying inside of you IN CHECK AND HEALTHY! You can have an easier delivery and bounce back quicker! And that means more time for you and your baby!!!

And a few little tid-bits of advice to this point....

INVEST IN PALMERS COCOA BUTTER TUMMY BUTTER!!!!!!!!!! At 5 dollars a tub, this stuff is worth 100 times it's weight in gold!!!!!!!!! NOT ONE STRETCHMARK ON ME!!!!!!! NOT ONE! I began using it twice a day at 2 months and the stuff is a GODSEND!!!!!!! I went thru 3 tubs of it. If you need to get it any Babies R' Us or Baby Depot has it!!!!!!!!! If you know a pregnant woman, pick some up for her! It is a great investment!

Also, get yourself a body pillow, At about 3 months, it made a difference in sleeping, but after 5 months, it's an absolute necessity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep lots of TUMS on hand...I never had heartburn, EVER! Only when I was competing for 12 weeks a year when I would diet. Your stomach being pushed upwards under your ribs wreaks hell on it, so heartburn is prevalent. I take them wherever I go!

Read the book "What to Expect When Expecting". One of my amazing clients got it for me and the book is a gold-mine of information!! I find myself going back and reading over and over again! Again, do you know a woman who is pregnant??? It's an awesome gift! The book "What to Expect the First Year" is also a good follow up! And if you like a good laugh, a nice light hearted read is the Jenny McCarthy book "Belly Laughs"! Read that one twice too! I found myself laughing out loud quite a few times!

Invest in a gym membership somewhere that has a pool, and use it! Though it was sometimes not the most comfortable thing for me to do(getting into a bathing suit with a big old belly, that is,) it is so relaxing and so good for you!! SWIMMING IS A PREGGO'S FRIEND!

Last but not least, write lists of questions for your doctors and don't feel like anything is a stupid question or request. Show up for your appointment ready to ASK AWAY! You are going to go through one of the weirdest experiences you will ever imagine. Not bad, just weird. It's best equated to having a little alien inside of you. One that moves, kicks, even get's the hiccups towards the end(and yes, you CAN feel when he get's the hiccups!) And to answer the question I know you are wondering~the hiccups feel like little muscle twitches in a localized area, sort of like when your eye twitches! Just bizarre!

You will get to see your little one on his or her sonogram, and get to see them grow and develop along the way....and if you want, by 16-20 weeks, you will get to find out his or her sex with a certain degree of accuracy. In my case, we know it's a little boy!!!!!! You will find yourself growing more aware of your baby, smiling with his movements, excited, nervous, happy...You will do certain things that will make you worry(like when I gave myself an electric shock at 7 months and called the doctor in tears afraid I did something really bad!), and realize you have developed a bond with your little "alien" before you have set eyes upon him....

Wow! As I sit here and write this, I think about what a wild ride it has been these last nine months. I will be 40 weeks, full term, if I make it until next Sunday. I found out I was pregnant on April 15, tax day here in America. It was a Sunday, and I found out right after breakfast. And in the blink of an eye, here we are! So, with less then one week until I am due, I sit and ponder....when will it happen? How long will I be in labor? Will it be easy or difficult? Then more about him...what color will his hair be? What can I expect when he comes home? Will he sleep a lot? What will he grow up to be? What kind of person will he grow into...Will he like lifting and be into the gym?? I know some of it is so trivial but the things that go thru your head are amazing! I realize he has his whole life ahead of him. A new body, new skin, clean lungs, everything perfect...everything new....we once had that too, and now I have created something, someone....a little person. And it is truly a miracle.

So, I leave you with that to ponder. Think about it....think about life and how amazing it all really is....

Heather Lee

sassy69
12-18-2009, 11:36 AM
[font="Book Antiqua"][size="3"]"Bodybuilding training was getting boring."

HEATHER LEE
A BEAUTIFUL ARGUMENT FOR THE BENEFITS OF TRAINING HEAVY !

For years, Ned Low of Gold's Gym Venice used to amuse himself by travelling all over the country filming at various powerlifting gyms. I recall one particular vhs issue when he went to Pennsylvania to visit Mike Miller's Nazareth Barbell.

As Ned was panning across the gym with his camcorder...... BLAMMO! something really caught my attention; two ultra hot girls working out on the bench using boards and denim bench shirts! Like beacons of beauty they shone out amidst the throng of no neck'd, head shaven, goatee sportin' neanderthals that frequent Big Mike's power palace.

Thankfully, Mike and Ned decided to give these two ladies some of the video spotlight and, between watching Shawn Lattimer and Bobby Fields breaking in their new shirts, we got to see Heather Lee and Elena Seiple learn how to get the most benefit out of board pressing with and without shirts.

http://www.houseofpain3.com/wlsnews/images/Heather_Lee_Blog_2.jpg

I figured out that her official website was Heather Lee NJ > Bodybuilder, Powerlifter & Fitness Model (http://www.heatherleenj.com) and I've kept in contact with her ever since; working with her on photography for various bodybuilding magazine layouts. Anyone who's been to a women's powerlifting nationals knows that, despite some of the stereotypes people have about women who train heavy, there are lots of pretty girls lifting big iron on the platform. It's just rare that women get much press outside of Powerlifting USA magazine and so House of Pain's gonna make a point to run some Iron Maiden interviews here on the new HOP BLOG !

Sean Katterle - When you were in high school, the only sport you competed in was cross country running your sophomore year. Then, you went straight to the gym and you've been an successful bodybuilder, fitness model and a powerlifter ever since. I can relate as my last school organized sport was also cross country and that was my freshman year and then, beyond that, all my time spent on athletics was either in the weight room or in the boxing gym. What do you think was your motivation for not getting involved in the more typical women's school sports; volleyball, basketball, softball, cheerleading, ect.? What was it that drew you to the gym instead? When I was a teenager in the 1980s bodybuilding wasn't popular at all in Portland, Oregon. Was it popular when you were growing up in your hometown in the early 1990s?

Heather Lee - To tell you the truth, the reason I never got involved with any type of athletics when I was younger was because I was a bit of a klutz! You know, the type of girl who tripped over her own feet... seriously! I always wanted to play soccer or cheer, but the prospect frightened me. I thought I would be able to handle running when I entered high-school, and cross-country seemed easy enough. However, I had asthma, and was always the one holding everyone up at practice, so I just gave it up....And as for bodybuilding, well I don't think I even knew what that was until sometime around 1995, when I joined my first gym, "Ron Capadanno's Muscle Mill" here in New Jersey. It was the type of place with a little juice bar, trophies lining the wall, contest pictures everywhere, and a little cardio loft with a fan on the floor. The place even had a posing room. That was my glimpse of bodybuilding.

http://www.houseofpain3.com/wlsnews/images/Heather_Lee_Blog_4.jpg

Sean Katterle - You've been sponsored by MHP (www.maxperformance.com (http://www.maxperformance.com)) since 1998, right? Are you still currently working with them? What nutritional supplements are you using? Did your supplement program change when you were training for powerlifting? For fitness modeling? How does your supplementation change in the offseason as compared to when you're dieting down for a bodybuilding show?

Heather Lee - Yes, I was sponsered by MHP from 1998 until 2003... However, I am currently sponsered by a company call Anafit,( http://www.anafit.com/ ) and they make, by far, the best line of supplements I have ever used. They are a smaller company based out of Florida, and the products are top of the line! I have been with them for 5 years and attribute my best gains( and biggest fat loss) to their products!Each one is totally unique. Now, as you may know, I had a baby six months ago, so my regimine right now consists primarily of trying to get my body back to it's pre-pregnancy state!

My bodyweight is exactly what it was pre-pregnancy, however I need to add a few pounds of muscle back and lose a bit of bodyfat. My supplement routine consists of a bevy of fat burning products, including "Yohimburn", which is a topical fat-burner and diuretic consistening of yohimbine HCL, "Thermorexin" which works on enhancing your metabolic rate as well as supressing your appetite and utilizing fat stores for energy, and at the same time increasing your focus, "Glucorell-R", which helps shuttle carbs into the muscles by improving your insulin-sensitivity, which means carbs will be used as energy and not stored as fat, "Red-Blast", which combines top-quality creatine with a number of quality ingredients to help improve your pump, your endurance, and your intensity during those kick-ass workouts! They make a lot of other really great stuff so check out their site and tell em' I sent you! I swear by the stuff! They also have some of the most knowledgeable people on staff to answer any questions you may have about their products, and I have to tell you, once you use Anafit products you will never look elsewhere!
http://www.houseofpain3.com/wlsnews/images/Heather_Lee_Blog_5.jpg

Sean Katterle - Last year, at 35 years of age I suffered from congestive heart failure. My heart's ejection fraction dropped to 15% (50-70% is normal for a healthy, young adult) and it's taken 8 months of heavy medication to get my level back up to 35%. In addition I've got an arrythmia which will probably require me to get a defibrillator installed in my chest in case of an electrically inspired stroke or heart attack. You also have had more than your fair share of cardiac troubles. Please tell us about what you've been through, the details of the health problem and what you've had to go though to contain/correct it.

Heather Lee - I have had my fair share of adversity. In 1999 I had some major setbacks. First I was diagnosed with Wolff Parkinson's White Syndrome. Basically, to sum it up, my heart was conducting an extra electrical current back to itself which led it to overwork. This led my lungs to not get enough blood and therefore not pump enough oxygen to my body. I remember walking through the mall bearly being able to breathe. At 20 years old, you know something is wrong. I went to the doctor and they were able to diagnose my disease via an E.K.G. I was given the option to be on medication for the rest of my life of undergo surgery to correct the problem, which may not have corrected the problem. I chose the surgery, and I was fortunate I haven't had a problem since! I get an E.K.G. done every year, but to this day, have had no limitations as to what I could do, so surgery was the right decision for me!

http://www.houseofpain3.com/wlsnews/images/Heather_Lee_Blog_6.jpg

Now I thought I was in the clear, but I was wrong! Almost 6 months to the day of my heart surgery, I was outside gardening with my Mom and had intense stomach pains come on. They progressively got worse and worse until finally I asked to be driven to the emergency room. To make a really long story short, I had a benign pollyp in my lower intestine which had caused my intestine to loop up and knot, and gangrenate. Pretty image, right? LOL! They later told me that the pain I was feeling from that was the equivalent to being shot in the stomach. (So I wasn't being a drama-queen when I said it hurt!!!) Again, I had to have surgery to correct the problem, and they removed part of my intestine and the pollyp, splitting my stomach muscle in the process. I was on IV only for several days(not even water allowed), followed by clear liquids, soft food, then finally real food again! But in the process I lost close to 20 pounds. I went back to the gym with a fire like you had never seen, determined to get all of my hard-earned muscle back! The doctors attributed my speedy recovery and the quick repair of my abdominal muscles to my conditioning prior to the surgery. I was back to normal in no time. However, 1999 had one last bout of adversity for me to overcome. In October of that same year, my Mother, who I was very very close with, passed away at 39 years old in a car accident. That took work to come back from than any health problem anyone could have thrown at me.

http://www.houseofpain3.com/wlsnews/images/Heather_Lee_Blog_7.jpg

Sean Katterle - I first learned about you when you started dabbling in powerlifting. I remember watching Powerlifter Video and suddenly, in Mike Miller's Nazareth Barbell Gym, there were hot girls training (you and Elena Seiple.) There are some very good looking women competing in powerlifting but not anywhere near as many as who are only involved in fitness, figure (duh) or bodybuilding. Who got you started in powerlifting? What inspired you to look into competition powerlifting in the first place? I noticed that you went straight to the most extreme level of equipment (denim shirts and canvas suits.) Was that Mike Miller's idea or did you want to get started with the most advanced equipment right off the bat? Both you and Elena look like you're really strong women so have you ever considered entering a women's raw powerlifting competition?

Heather Lee - Wow! Thanks for the hottie comment, that's kind of funny! To tell you the truth, I was just looking for something different to do. Bodybuilding training was getting boring. No matter how many different splits I came up with, no many how new exercises I came up with, I was bored. Powerlifting seemed like something new for my husband and me to try, and we took a ride up to Mike Miller's gym, Nazareth Barbell. He was a great guy and spent a lot of time with us talking about the sport. We decided to give it a try, and jumped into our first meet 2 weeks later. We both competed, and I competed RAW in the bench. I hit 185 that day, missing 225.

After that, my husband, Elena, and a whole group of us would drive up to Naz twice a week to train with the team, wednesdays for legs, and sundays for chest. I actually chose a Karin Closed Back Denim for my first shirt just by researching through the interent and by speaking to her on the phone....Once I began training with the Naz team, we modified it into an open back, and it was a great shirt! The canvas squat suit was Mike's idea. The Leviathan had just come out and he said with my style of squatting, with a few minor changes I would hit a big squat in it and he was right! A few months of bands and chains and killer workouts, and we were ready to go! Under Mike's guidance I was able to total Elite my first meet, with 1205. I squatted 535, benched 265, and pulled 405. I think I had the 13th highest squat in the 165 class for awhile. Not sure if that record still stands though.

Sean Katterle - You're the most famous for taking some really high voltage modeling photos ! You've got a website ( Heather Lee NJ > Bodybuilder, Powerlifter & Fitness Model (http://www.heatherleenj.com) ) that offers a "members only" section. In detail, what can a person look forward to getting when they become a member of your VIP website?

Heather Lee - Thanks Sean! I love my site and put a lot of work into it! It has been around for 6 years and has over 29,000 photos of me and some of my hottest friends on it! Not just the girls you can see everywhere, but many new and upcoming fitness hotties! I have every type of photo from bikini, lingerie and gym shots, to hardcore training photos, powerlifting, strongman, contest photos, backstage... you name it, you can find it on my site! I even have yearly transitions so you can see my changes from 1999 to the present! You can also see my personal photos, all of my powerlifting video's, including my 535 squat, and all the workouts leading up to it, photoshoot video's, my strongman contest, all my magazine tearsheets, a personal journal which also chronicles many of my workouts...there is too much to list!

http://www.houseofpain3.com/wlsnews/images/Heather_Lee_Blog_9.jpg

Sean Katterle - You're only 30 years old so you've still got many years ahead of you at the national/pro level. What are you currently working on and do you have plans for competing in bodybuilding, powerlifting or ? in the near and distant future? What are your modeling aspirations? Are you interested in being an official card girl at our pro powerlifting events?

Heather Lee - Right now my focus is on my son, who was born on December 27th! He is amazing! As for contest plans...hmmm....I will definitly do another strongman competition, because that is what I was training for when I found out I was pregnant last year!~ Other then that, you will just have to wait and see!

Sean Katterle - If you could give 3 pieces of advice to women getting started in the gym, what would that advice be? If you could name the 3 mistakes you most often see women making in the gym (and outside the gym with their recovery program) what would those 3 mistakes be?

Heather Lee - Truth is, most women train like women. If you want real results, don't be afraid to pump that iron!!! It is going to get you a lot further then those little 2 pound plastic dumbells and aerobics classes! Don't get me wrong, there is a time and a place for everything, but if you want results, now is not that time! The 3 best pieces of advice I have are sort of combined with the mistakes they go alond with...

1. USE PROGRESSIVE RESISTANCE! Even if it means adding one to two pounds, increase your weight with each set. And try to increase it in progression every few weeks. Your body will adapt very quickly and you need to break that muscle tissue down for growth! That means pushing yourself! Handle as much weight as you can for each set and the desired amount of reps as you can with proper form. If you ae using 10 pound dumbells and you feel like you could do 40 reps, you need to increase the weight! You are in the gym to push yourself, not just go through the motions!

2. DIET IS KEY! You aren't going to grow or get leaner unless you give your body the proper fuel to do so! Good quality protein, carbs, and fats are essential to building a better body! Strive for at least one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight if not more, depending on your fitness level!

http://www.houseofpain3.com/wlsnews/images/Heather_Lee_Blog_12.jpg

3.DON'T EXPECT MIRACLES OVERNIGHT! Stick with your routine and over time, changes will happen. Nothing is more frustrating to me than a person who asks me why they haven't lost all that weight even though they have been working out and dieting for 4 weeks. If it took years to do the damage, it is going to take longer then 4 weeks to undo it. Don't give up! Nothing is impossible, and with the right attitude and work ethic, you can achieve anything!

Sean Katterle - Great answers! Thanks again for spending some time chatting with us and we'll look forward to hearing about your next strongwoman competition. Congratulations on the birth of your son and please keep us posted on what you're up to and how your training is going.

dvsness
12-20-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm currently 9 months pregnant. I have done some light lifting and cardio during my pregnancy. My midwife told me not to lift more than 25 lbs for the most part, as she didn't want me to engage my core very much, so I tinkered with some little DBs at home and put my gym membership on freeze. I didn't limit my diet because I simply didn't want to. After years of constant diet planning I took this time to be more lax about my intake and enjoy the ride. I have gained 23 lbs, and lost some muscle, both of which are ok.

As has been mentioned, the most important things, physically, are to avoid abdominal work and keep the blood pressure and temperature under control. Mentally, I think it's important to enjoy the experience and not stress too much about body issues. Embrace the changes instead of fighting them and stressing about your post-pregnancy body.