PDA

View Full Version : Eating out on Palumbo's Diet

flipper
02-10-2009, 12:47 PM
When I'm out and I need to eat, I usually grap a couple of burgers somewhere and throw out the bun, or grap a half chicken somewhere. I would love to hear what others eat out while dieting?

MichaelWayne
02-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Depending on how much you eat out use it as your cheat meal. If you're dieting for a show its another matter all together then if you are just doing it for looks.

John6l6
02-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Chick-fil-a Sandwich with no pickles no butter.

230 cals
11 fat
carb 10
protien 25

or

1/2 Jimmy Johns Gargantuan Unwich (Jimmy Johns Sub with Lettuce Wrap instead of Bread)

285 cals
25 fat
carb 6
protein 30

or

Michelob Ultra

95 cals
0 fat
carb 3.2
protein 1

lol

AVBG
02-10-2009, 01:36 PM
eating take out on the Palumbo diet.. I normally get the double quarter pounder less the sauce & cheese.. then throw away the bun...

dvsness
02-10-2009, 01:50 PM
I have gone out to dinner with Dave and Colette many times while Colette and I were both dieting. We typically go to Outback, and ordered the fish with some steamed broccoli.

AmyLynn
02-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Chick-fil-a Sandwich with no pickles no butter.

230 cals
11 fat
carb 10
protien 25

or

1/2 Jimmy Johns Gargantuan Unwich (Jimmy Johns Sub with Lettuce Wrap instead of Bread)

285 cals
25 fat
carb 6
protein 30

or

Michelob Ultra

95 cals
0 fat
carb 3.2
protein 1

lol

Don't forget the 7kcal/g of alcohol in there! The alcohol is far worse than the carbs, IMO

Tuffgirl410
02-10-2009, 02:05 PM
For me it depends if its a protein/fat day or a protien/veggie
On P/V I do plain broiled Tilapis with steam asparagus or white tuna sashimi
If its P/F I do Steak (Filet mignon only- bc its lean) or Salmon with a green salad or asparagus and a Tb EVOO

Tuffgirl410
02-10-2009, 02:05 PM
meant to type Tilapia

JamesWebb
02-10-2009, 07:24 PM
most restaurants are pretty cool about custom orders. just make sure you ask about cheese on things like veggies and salads, they always seem to want to make me fat by throwing cheddar on everything lol

Tuffgirl410
02-10-2009, 07:39 PM
I hate when you go somewhere and request no butter or oil, and at the first bite you immmediately taste butter! And the waiter is usually in disbelief that you detected it and replies "Oh, the cook only put a little so it wouldn't stick"....When dieting I will only go to like 4 different restaurants that I Trust & they know me and will NOT use any butter or oil
Sashimi is usually easy lol

PowerAdder
02-11-2009, 04:04 AM
steak and side of broccoli

Erin
02-21-2009, 02:25 PM
I hate when you go somewhere and request no butter or oil, and at the first bite you immmediately taste butter! And the waiter is usually in disbelief that you detected it and replies "Oh, the cook only put a little so it wouldn't stick"....When dieting I will only go to like 4 different restaurants that I Trust & they know me and will NOT use any butter or oil
Sashimi is usually easy lol

Agreed!!

I went to Outback and ordered steak and broccoli and asked the server to be sure no butter or oil was used when preparing either one. He assured me they didn't. He later came back and said good thing he checked because they DO use it when preparing the food.

You just never know. They like throw that stuff in EVERYTHING!

Erin
02-21-2009, 02:27 PM
Yeah people think its a lot harder than it really is to find alternatives on menus to stick to your diet. Its not all that difficult, as long as you go to the right places, of course.

flipper
02-21-2009, 04:24 PM
I went to Canada's Wonderland, which is a large amusement park just north of Toronto, and I couldn't find one single thing to eat that was half decent. Everything was full of carbs.

plasteredcat
03-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Chicken breast seems to be the easiest to get. Veggies are some times tuff. I found a Italian restaurant the other day. I could not believe the deal ( of course when i asked they did not really know what to say) everything is breaded in this place. Two large Chicken breast and Broccoli $6.95 that included my ice tea as well.:D

tiramisu
03-16-2009, 10:22 PM
steak and a green salad works for me

italianmanMASS
03-17-2009, 02:25 AM
steak and a green salad works for me

damn right.

Myth
03-17-2009, 09:10 AM
I don't eat out, simple as that:)

GirlyMuscle
03-17-2009, 09:12 AM
Applebee's will make anything you want, how you want it. I usually get a 7 oz sirloin with double veggies. You can also get chicken breast with double veggies.

buckimscl
03-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Applebee's will make anything you want, how you want it. I usually get a 7 oz sirloin with double veggies. You can also get chicken breast with double veggies.

And you know this how????:D jk

DaveV
03-17-2009, 09:31 AM
If I want a clean meal I try to avoid restaurants that have big bars in them. In my experience these places load up there food with butter and fats. Order anything and they assume you want fries with it. Baked potato dry can be a hassle. Some don't even have a very fresh batch of vegetables.

GirlyMuscle
03-17-2009, 09:35 AM
If I want a clean meal I try to avoid restaurants that have big bars in them. In my experience these places load up there food with butter and fats. Order anything and they assume you want fries with it. Baked potato dry can be a hassle. Some don't even have a very fresh batch of vegetables.
You'd be surprised. WHen was the last time you ate in a restaurant and tried to eat clean. Everyone I've been in doesn't mind things like dry baked potatoes or dry toast. They're used to people being fussy and demanding. trust me...I serve at an Applebees. Even fat people want their food they way they want it. Extra cheese on your chili fries? Sure! Extra dressing on your already fattening salad? Absolutely! Double order of mashed potatoes and no beggies. No problem. They aren't afraid to change things and we happily do it. Same with healthy food.

DaveV
03-17-2009, 09:42 AM
You'd be surprised. WHen was the last time you ate in a restaurant and tried to eat clean. Everyone I've been in doesn't mind things like dry baked potatoes or dry toast. They're used to people being fussy and demanding. trust me...I serve at an Applebees. Even fat people want their food they way they want it. Extra cheese on your chili fries? Sure! Extra dressing on your already fattening salad? Absolutely! Double order of mashed potatoes and no beggies. No problem. They aren't afraid to change things and we happily do it. Same with healthy food.

That's your restaurant though. Can't speak for the rest of them. A lot of places here that I've been too find it more of a bitch to make it healthier than it is to just give it to me the way they usually make it. Plus, the waitresses in restaurants with big bars and usually never around and you gotta wait forever for a drink refill or some ketchup. I just eat at home now. If I go out it's to cheat and I'll just get it the way they make it.

We don't have Applebee's here. And after seeing Kai Greene's new video I wish we had an IHOP.

GirlyMuscle
03-17-2009, 09:51 AM
Stay out of IHOP. Nothing good can com efrom eating in an IHOP..unless it's carb up day.

Applebees, TGIF, Chili's, Ruby Tuesdays, Outback, Lonestar, Texas Roadhouse (any major chain)...all have food you can make work if you ask the wait staff. Servers, kitchen and managers of these chains ALL will prepare and serve your food anyway you like it.

If you WANT to make it work you can. If not, you are looking for excuses to cheat.

DaveV
03-17-2009, 09:58 AM
We have none of those here. lol! Kingston, Ontario fucking sucks for dining.

Like I said, I just eat all my meals at home now. Cheaper and I know what's going on them.

GirlyMuscle
03-17-2009, 10:07 AM
We have none of those here. lol! Kingston, Ontario fucking sucks for dining.

Like I said, I just eat all my meals at home now. Cheaper and I know what's going on them.
That's true but the thread was about eating out so I was trying to be helpful in how to do it.