PDA

View Full Version : How much sleep?

GirlyMuscle
12-20-2009, 08:51 AM
How much sleep do you get?

When I was a teenager-20something I slept 10-12 hours a day. It would be nothing to sleep until 2pm. Now that I'm over 40 I sleep a whole lot less. No matter what time I go to bed I wake up wide awake after 6 hours. I am always awake between 5:30-6am. But then I need a 30 minute catnap in the middle of my day. I'm not on any stimulants. I'm figuring it's an age thing.

How many hours a day do you sleep?

Gaoshang Xiongshou
12-20-2009, 08:55 AM
I understand this is the Girl Talk forum, and I am not a woman, but sleep is universal, so...

I sleep 7 hours at night, and then most days, if the schedule permits, I get a 1-2 hour nap in.

tight booty
12-20-2009, 08:59 AM
I sleep about 8-9 hours everynight! I never have naps during the day. Sometimes I might sleep less, like 6 hours per night but mostly its around 8-9 hours!

ArabMuscle
12-20-2009, 10:54 AM
6-8 on Weekdays, 9-10 on weekends.

The "get at least 8 hours of sleep per day" thing is overrated and inconvenient.

*RedStar*
12-20-2009, 10:56 AM
2 to 3 hrs a day..

musclemilf
12-20-2009, 10:59 AM
How much sleep do you get?

When I was a teenager-20something I slept 10-12 hours a day. It would be nothing to sleep until 2pm. Now that I'm over 40 I sleep a whole lot less. No matter what time I go to bed I wake up wide awake after 6 hours. I am always awake between 5:30-6am. But then I need a 30 minute catnap in the middle of my day. I'm not on any stimulants. I'm figuring it's an age thing.

How many hours a day do you sleep?

As we age. falling and staying asleep becomes challenging. :( The "witching" hour for over 40 women seem to be between 3-5am. The adrenals start to take over during that time. I usually have an abrupt awakening at 3am and it feels like adrenaline shot through my body....wide awake... like I had 3 cups of coffee. :hypno:

Amazon Doll
12-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Last night I went to bed at midnight and slept till 11am, but yesterday was a very intense training say. When I am training 10 hours is the norm.

Last week due to work, my training was low and I was only getting 3-5 hours a night.

musclesmilf, I get that 3am wake up with my heat pounding in my chest, that sucks, because then I am awake or the rest of the day

My cure or insomnia is train hard.

musclemilf
12-20-2009, 12:40 PM
musclesmilf, I get that 3am wake up with my heat pounding in my chest, that sucks, because then I am awake or the rest of the day

Isn't it fun? not. I used to get this a lot in my late 30's, early 40's during perimenopause. I now get the heart pounding on occasion now. It's usually an indication of another estrogen drop. It used to scare the crap out of me (I went through a battery of cardiac tests and I'm fine) until found that a lot women have this symptom from hormone fluctuations.

Ninja Loco
12-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Right now Im getting between 2-3 hrs. I try and make up with naps but thats never guaranteed. But I think you already knew all that.

magsmalone
12-20-2009, 03:59 PM
I usually get between 4.5 to 5.5 hours of sleep during the week. I try to get a little more on the weekends so that I am recovered for the next week. When it is full blown competition season sometimes I get less because of the extra time spent in the gym. I am attempting now to rearrange my life to allow for more sleep. Sleep is so important for growth and recovery and those are two of my main goals for the coming year. It seems that there are just not enough hours in the day to do everything and also sleep so for me sleep is sacrificed.

tammyp
12-20-2009, 06:01 PM
i am having a hell of a time lately. i wake up soaking wet about 2 hours after i go to bed, have to change, switch to other side of bed....i do this sometimes 3 x a night. my legs are what sweat so much and i sleep in a tshirt and boy shorts. i am never hot any other time. so needless to say, my sleep has been less than stellar lately. i go to bed at about 830, up between 515-545.

GirlyMuscle
12-20-2009, 06:11 PM
I have the night's sweat thing too. Always my legs. They get drenched and I have to actually towel off to get back to sleep. Sledge sleeps with a heavy comforter and I sleep with a sheet which is mostly not covering me and a fan blowing on my side of the bed.

musclemilf
12-20-2009, 06:16 PM
I feel for ya on the nightsweats, Tammy and Erin. I had those so bad 10 years ago up to round 44-45 yo. The covers flew off and on all night long.

tight booty
12-20-2009, 09:45 PM
The only time I have woken in the night due to sweating, was when I had a extremely high fever from a bladder infection and due to the pain etc I ended up getting taken to the hospital!
I remember my feet were even sweating and the sheets were soaked, just horrible!

GirlyMuscle
12-20-2009, 09:53 PM
I feel for ya on the nightsweats, Tammy and Erin. I had those so bad 10 years ago up to round 44-45 yo. The covers flew off and on all night long.
Well, I'm 45....:dunno:

tammyp
12-21-2009, 06:17 AM
damn erin! glad its not just me....im not even 40 yet...i thought this was alittle soon...

*RedStar*
12-21-2009, 06:20 AM
menopause???? my mother just went through this recently, my mom is a strong women and wow this shit was not easy for her..

tammyp
12-21-2009, 08:09 AM
god i hope not already.....:(

Toniann
12-21-2009, 08:22 AM
Lately I have been sweating like crazy in bed but it could be that I have my husband and 2 girls in the bed with me and the stuff I am taking, but the heat does not seem to bother anyone else.
As a side note, we all go to bed at 8pm and awake at 7am almost everyday. You an really see how exciting my life is.

musclemilf
12-21-2009, 08:57 AM
menopause???? my mother just went through this recently, my mom is a strong women and wow this shit was not easy for her..

Men would probably commit suicide :) Menopause ain't for sissies, as the saying goes. I say that in jest, of course. Menopause is all part of the natural aging process. It's an 8-10 year journey, where some women start earlier than others.

zander
12-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Ive felt alot better the last 6 months pushing for 7-8 hours sleep a night. I was getting 5-6 hours simply because I wanted to stay up with the wife or kids or get stuff done around the house etc ..... realized sleep is just so critical for better body function. I encourage everyone to get a little bit more , makes a difference.