PDA

View Full Version : Slow Releasing Protein

Psychosocial
12-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Hey guys, I am a bit confused. Currently as a meal I will do 2 scoops of whey isolate plus a source of fats (cashews, almonds, walnuts).

Problem is I get kinda hungry and I don't feel like it keeps me full for very long.

Would buying one of those protein powders that is a mix of different proteins with slower releasing proteins be better than the isolate?

jeff_hardy
12-21-2009, 10:19 PM
me 2 bro, its like after an .5 hour it feels like you neever even eaten.

this is how most of the time release protein works. they just add more fiber to slow the digestion down.

I try to add some carbs in if your not dieting if so, I would drink in ton of water or eat some more nuts. if your hardcore enough just suck it upp. but personal I sometimes have Gummy Bars that are sugary free haha I'm not dieting but its only once a week.

MattPT88
12-22-2009, 12:46 AM
instead of eating nuts on the side add some milk, olive oil (1T), and whole grain oats to the shake (2/3-1c). Itll keep you feeling full for awhile and tastes pretty good. Once you get past the drink/chew consistency you'll have no problems. Plus with milk it packs about 400-500 kcals.

DAVIDHARDY
12-22-2009, 08:06 AM
Go with a blend of 50/50 whey and casein and see if that helps. Casein releases slower, so it should help.

gottabecool
12-22-2009, 11:20 AM
Go with a blend of 50/50 whey and casein and see if that helps. Casein releases slower, so it should help.

This

Youngguns
12-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Or try concentrate, it's the best value.

www.trueprotein.com (http://www.trueprotein.com) is great.

DAVIDHARDY
12-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Or try concentrate, it's the best value.

www.trueprotein.com (http://www.trueprotein.com) is great.

You can create your own mix on here as well. I made a 50/50 mix of Whey Isolate and Casein and it was 178 for 20 lbs.

Concentrate and Casein was 150 for 20 pounds.

Very good prices.

Psychosocial
12-22-2009, 08:13 PM
You can create your own mix on here as well. I made a 50/50 mix of Whey Isolate and Casein and it was 178 for 20 lbs.

Concentrate and Casein was 150 for 20 pounds.

Very good prices.

I honestly don't know how you guys stomach trueprotein's products....I tried their isolates and its just disgusting. If their stuff tasted good, I wouldn't have even started this thread.

I like how you can mix up stuff and create your own supplement...but they gotta fix the taste of the protein.