PDA

View Full Version : Figure Posing

zubbeyboy
12-24-2009, 11:54 PM
Im helping a Female Figure friend out posing and have been looking online and ain't finding much on Figure Posing. Ive checked youtube. Anyone have a link or know good instructional site on Figure Posing? Appreciated

herekittykitty
12-25-2009, 03:55 AM
Have her check this out: http://www.youtube.com/user/chellefit#p/u
If that doesn't work, try Chellefit on youtube. Michelle Anderson is amazing and has quite a few vids on posing as well as a lot of other great info she might find useful... Michelle has helped me for a long time... Hope this helps! ;)

tammyp
12-25-2009, 05:52 AM
i think you would be better off finding someone to work with in person if you can. where are you located?

ParadiseCup
12-25-2009, 06:35 AM
is she gonna be doing the Big Sky Championships or Montana State ?

s2h
12-25-2009, 11:29 AM
find a ifbb figure girl near you(if there is one in montana) and hire here to coach you,posing is a HUGE part of figure!!!!

s2h
12-25-2009, 11:29 AM
sorry hire her!!

zubbeyboy
12-25-2009, 01:20 PM
is she gonna be doing the Big Sky Championships or Montana State ?

Both

zubbeyboy
12-25-2009, 01:22 PM
i think you would be better off finding someone to work with in person if you can. where are you located?

She has someone in Helena 60 minute drive. She goes there once a week. Im just trying to help her when we practice daily.

sassy69
12-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Also have her videotape her practices to see how she presents. Figure posing is really not that complex (LOL compared to BB...) but that makes it that much more important to present what you have in the best way you can wear the pose. There are little refinements that just really make it a flawless presentation and, IMO, lets the judges focus on your physique instead of being distracted by weird posing.

I think people downplay the importance of presentation - I suppose relative to what it takes to devote 16 weeks of your life, 24/7, to your prep, it might seem miniscule. But at the end of the day, this is how you are showing the results of all that work. If it looks effortless, you've already won. Physique competition, tho some will argue whether or not it is a "sport", is, at the least, a form of living art. And it is beautiful when it is executed well.

In fact, all the competitors here would gladly welcome any pictures she wants to post up for critique.

Heather Armbrust
12-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Heather Mae does an awesome job.. but just not local. :( Her girls are always polished though.

Allifit
01-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Meriza DeGuzman's new DVD covers posing....she does a very fluid, solid job of presenting herself.