PDA

View Full Version : Laser hair removal

GirlyMuscle
12-25-2009, 03:51 AM
Anyone ever had it done? I know it takes a couple of rounds for the hair removal to be permanent. How permanent? Can the hair ever grow back again? What if you had it done after a cycle of aas and then did more cycles. Would the hair return?

tight booty
12-25-2009, 10:35 AM
I've had my underarms and brazilian lasered! How many treatments you get depends on the individual regarding how dark your hair is and the quality of laser! I have quite a few light/blond hairs and so the laser hasn't taken those!

s2h
12-25-2009, 11:32 AM
my mom had her face done it took about 4 sessions,but it wasnt cheap(250 a sesssion),but it's all gone.and know she doesnt use AAS or even do more than walk 3 days a week just got hair w/ age!!

zander
12-25-2009, 03:57 PM
I had plenty done , got hairier during my BB comp times ... did neck to shave line , shoulders , chest , abs , flanks and latter did a couple sessions on my back ...

It didnt permanently stop hair growth , reduced it significantly for maybe 3-4 months.

What it did do and is still a bonus to this day is it changed the sensitivity of my skin / hair follicles and now when I shave there is no irritation. Kinda like guys who get shaving rash on their neck & face would benefit from it immensely. It worked a treat to calm down my back skin.

It is hormonally sensitive so if you use that stuff it will affect it negatively.

I got pretty chummy with the girl that did my lazer and in conversation she told me that she did 'everything' on herself ... sadly I did not pursue confirmation of these claims :P

tight booty
12-25-2009, 07:42 PM
my mom had her face done it took about 4 sessions,but it wasnt cheap(250 a sesssion),but it's all gone.and know she doesnt use AAS or even do more than walk 3 days a week just got hair w/ age!!
They do recommend maitenance treatments and I have been told that hormones play a role in new hair growth, which is what would have happened in your mums case!
I think its very individual! I have been told some women get 3 treatments and never need any maitenance, all hair is gone permanently. Other people need several more treatments and require maitenance. I definitely am glad I got my laser done. I have a few blond hairs under my armpits, but there is no hair follicle holes....it's perfectly smooth. My brazilian still needs another treatment just to remove a few scattered hairs but I haven't seen any new hair growth from both areas and its been months since I had my last laser session!

barbellbarbie
12-25-2009, 07:44 PM
a friend of mine had laser hair removal on his chest and after a few cycles about 80% of it came back... for 5g its a shame it isnt very permanent

GirlyMuscle
12-25-2009, 07:45 PM
I get ingrown hairs easily on my bikini line. That's why I was wondering. I know it's expensive and if it's going to be an ongoing process I'm not investing the money.

tight booty
12-25-2009, 07:55 PM
I get ingrown hairs easily on my bikini line. That's why I was wondering. I know it's expensive and if it's going to be an ongoing process I'm not investing the money.
It's definitley worth it for that reason. Laser removes ingrown hairs and also removes any scarring from previous ingrowns. It helps to stimulate collagen so its great overall for the skin. I love this fact about it too, I never get ingrown hairs anymore.
GM if you are not using aas, then you should be able to remove all your hair permantly especially since you have dark hair! It means that you will get better results than say someone with fairer hair such as myself. Darker haired people need fewer sessions.

When they refer to needing maitenance sessions, its only like one session every 6-12 months!

GirlyMuscle
12-25-2009, 08:02 PM
That's kind of opposite of what I would have thought. Having dark hair I have quite a bit. I've been waxing my face since I'm 16 yrs old.

s2h
12-25-2009, 08:53 PM
good point TB is asked her tonite and she says she still has to go back every couple of months for a maintaince laser job,Nice topic "hey mom merry christmas hows your facial hair" LOL

tight booty
12-25-2009, 09:51 PM
good point TB is asked her tonite and she says she still has to go back every couple of months for a maintaince laser job,Nice topic "hey mom merry christmas hows your facial hair" LOL
Well she must be happy cause shes keeping up her maitenance!
In all honesty, I think laser is worth it! I am really pleased with my results!

GM if you want to try laser, got for it. You won't know until you try. You could be one of these people who only need a few sessions and its permanent. But you will definitely reduce most of it and have no hair follicle pores and no ingrown hairs or scars! Got nothing to lose by giving it a go! Just don't go to "Hairfree clinic"...they have a shitty IPL laser and they aren't very good! Find somewhere that has "laser", that works the best and the fastest!

DCtraininggirl
12-27-2009, 08:57 PM
You need to make sure they have a lifetime guarantee in writing. Like others were saying, it is hormonal, so if you take anything, the hair could grow back, but I have several places here that guarantee it in writing and if they remove it and it comes back they will redo it for free. The problem is a lot of places don't have a powerful enough laser to truly kill the hair follicle. You really have to do your research on reputable places in your area.

whatdayaknow
12-27-2009, 09:06 PM
I have did the old wax job before for hair removal. Worked well and hurt like hell.

tight booty
12-27-2009, 09:12 PM
You need to make sure they have a lifetime guarantee in writing. Like others were saying, it is hormonal, so if you take anything, the hair could grow back, but I have several places here that guarantee it in writing and if they remove it and it comes back they will redo it for free. The problem is a lot of places don't have a powerful enough laser to truly kill the hair follicle. You really have to do your research on reputable places in your area.
No one here in Australia will guarantee against hair never growing back due to hormones! It's called "permanent hair reduction" here for that reason.
I don't see the big deal. If you have an area done and get rid of all the hair and then a little bit grows back later down the track, simple just go and get another laser session! If I need maitenance sessions then I will happily get them done because I am so happy with having had laser! I love having smooth hairfree underarms and pussy! I never get ingrowns and if I get a fake tan then I don't have the tan solution settling into the pores where the hair grows because there is no hair! Your skin looks like baby skin and I love it! Wish I could get my legs done but I have far too many blonds, it would be a waste of time so I will leave that area alone!

DCtraininggirl
12-27-2009, 10:52 PM
TB, I didnt realize they didnt have that there in writing. THey have it here though. I guess the technology may be a little more advanced here. hmmmm. well I tried. But it is totally worth it if you can afford it.

tight booty
12-28-2009, 01:21 AM
TB, I didnt realize they didnt have that there in writing. THey have it here though. I guess the technology may be a little more advanced here. hmmmm. well I tried. But it is totally worth it if you can afford it.
I am pretty sure we are up to date with everything regarding beauty treatments and cosmetic surgery! It is extremely common here, people are flocking to get laser hair removals which makes me believe that we are very up to date! I just think that Aussies in general are "no bullshit" kind of people. If these places are guaranteeing that hair won't ever grow back, when they cannot predict hair growth stages and hormones etc then they are full of shit and people should be wary! Think about it seriously, how are they to know if you are going to have a hair growth stage down the track? They can't and so they are misleading people!

I haven't had any hair grow back, my skin is like baby skin and I am extremely happy with the results!

GirlyMuscle
12-28-2009, 01:31 AM
Only 85% of hair is growing at a given time. So you go get the laser done. Of course, some is going to grow back but it's not actually growing back. It's the dormant hairs that now start growing again. That's one big reason they can't or shouldn't guarantee. And of the ones that guarantee aren't saying they never do follow ups. I'm sure they have to.

What I'm wondering is of the hair that's killed off with laser is there a chance that after further rounds of aas will THAT hair grow back or is it killed off permanently?

tight booty
12-28-2009, 01:37 AM
Only 85% of hair is growing at a given time. So you go get the laser done. Of course, some is going to grow back but it's not actually growing back. It's the dormant hairs that now start growing again. That's one big reason they can't or shouldn't guarantee. And of the ones that guarantee aren't saying they never do follow ups. I'm sure they have to.

What I'm wondering is of the hair that's killed off with laser is there a chance that after further rounds of aas will THAT hair grow back or is it killed off permanently?

It's my understanding that the laser kills off the hair follicle where the hair grows from. I have no idea if aas would create more hair to grow, if its already been killed off at the root/follicle. I think that Fitbody uses aas and has the laser done for hair removal. She could probably tell you.

tammyp
12-28-2009, 08:02 AM
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A97878.desc.Tria-Beauty-At-Home-Laser-Hair-Removal-System-with-Body-Wash

erin i just ordered this. i have done alot of reading on it and it works. it says not for use on the face, (though many have sucessfully) but its not FDA approved for the face....its the same laser the dr offices use. ill let you know about it.

GirlyMuscle
12-28-2009, 08:18 AM
Definitely let me know.

Like I joked in a pit thread, I'm pretty hairy naturally. Look at my head. I was born with peach fuzz all over. Been waxing since I'm 16. Let's just say bodybuilding has not helped me in this repsect. I just don't want to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars just to find the hair will grow back.

Sledge
12-28-2009, 08:18 AM
Good friend of mine had been undergoing the IPL treatments. And got good results. After she started to use anavar all her hair started to grow back thick and luxurious again.

fitbody
12-28-2009, 11:05 AM
i've had it done it painful just like electrolysis
it takes time cuz depends whatz causing the hair growth
theres something like over 5000 hair follicles per square inch on your face
so when you kill one hair another has room & a chance to grow
hair grows in cycles
you have to get laser done about every 6 wks for this reason
i had a series of 8 treatments 6 wks apart
didn't totally clear but alot better
so it takes time for laser or electrolysis to work
laser isn't for everyone
and if my electrolysis wasn't away i'd get her to post something
i will when she's back as she can better explain the whole hair growing issue

unfortunately when it comes to using steriods
the hair growth on the face & other bodyparts is an undesirable issue
unfortunately theres no simple easy cheap painless method for permanent removal
once these changes have occured
i'm speaking from experience

tammyp
01-10-2010, 07:27 AM
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A97878.desc.Tria-Beauty-At-Home-Laser-Hair-Removal-System-with-Body-Wash

erin i just ordered this. i have done alot of reading on it and it works. it says not for use on the face, (though many have sucessfully) but its not FDA approved for the face....its the same laser the dr offices use. ill let you know about it.

my review.....this this is awesome. i have used it once and see and feel a difference already. best 600 bucks ive spent!

GirlyMuscle
01-10-2010, 08:08 AM
How long has it been since the first time you used it?

tammyp
01-10-2010, 09:21 AM
monday.

s2h
01-10-2010, 09:45 AM
tammy let me know how it works,i want to get my leggs done.We had anew shower put in and unless your gumby you cant shave your leggs in it,so i would consider the laser removal,and i'm not a hairy guy to begin w/ but my wife ia anti hair so i might give it a shot!!!

GirlyMuscle
01-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Yes, let me know in a month or so how it goes.

Wendy
01-11-2010, 09:08 AM
I would love to know how this works in the long run too! I end up using an electric razor on my bikini line before comp to prevent ingrown hairs.

prettymuscles
01-11-2010, 08:24 PM
I am doing laser right now.. upper lip, chin and sides.. I only been to 2 sessions and OMG.. i'm already seeing a difference my next appointment is Jan. 21st I go every 6 weeks. Those little areas is costing me $188 a session at a Plastic surgeon office not Esthetician. I don't think there is a need for maintenance unless you have some stubborn ones that didn't go away. Every session only 20% gets permanantely lasered. I know a girl got her whole body done $$$$$ she seems very happy with the results. The darker and corse the hair the better. The nurses loves me but very painful. If you are planning on it don't forget to buy some Emla cream to numb the area and if you need to bite on something I bought myself a mouth guard lol..

kimbe
04-17-2010, 04:49 PM
I've had laser done on entire legs/thighs/bikini and under ams.
I had 5 sessions, ending appx 2 years ago. Then I was totally free of hair growth for 10 months. After 10 mths a very, very light growth started to appear some places in the bikini area. Then after a few weeks I went for a follow-up session, and have not seen any hair growth since.
I'm told to expect appx 1 session every year.

Kim

LisaRD23
06-23-2010, 12:25 PM
I know I'm brining this old thread back to life, but I am going to start laser on my bikini area this fall.

I spend $60 a month on waxing...some times 2x a month in the summer= over $750 a year. I'm getting a nice discount for laser so the money deff seems more than worth it! Very excited:)

spritz0
06-23-2010, 12:45 PM
A lot of girls do it, it takes usually 3 treatments properly spaced apart to get all hairs BUT get a shop which guarantees, in WRITING followups!!

LisaRD23
06-23-2010, 02:32 PM
Got family doing it.(in P.S. medical office). No better guarantee.

tight booty
06-23-2010, 06:03 PM
You're going to be so happy with it Lisa! :)

LisaRD23
06-24-2010, 11:14 AM
You're going to be so happy with it Lisa! :)

I'm thinking of maybe going ahead and get my underarms done too while I'm at it.

krissa
06-29-2010, 10:12 AM
I'm curious about Laser too, but is it painful??

tight booty
06-30-2010, 09:07 AM
I'm thinking of maybe going ahead and get my underarms done too while I'm at it.
Yes do it! I got my underarms done and I no longer have to worry about hair, waxing appointments and I can lift my arms up at the gym and know that I will never have to worry about any hair. It is so practical.

tight booty
06-30-2010, 09:09 AM
It does hurt but, it is over very quickly.

LisaRD23
06-30-2010, 11:09 AM

I think if you can deal with the pain of waxing every month then laser just a few times will be ok.

I will update once I start the process.:)

tight booty
06-30-2010, 08:15 PM
What's also great is that the hair follicles are gone also. I have baby skin armpits and when you get a spray tan, you don't have any hair growing. There are so many advantages to getting laser done. If my leg hair wasn't full of so many blonds I would get my legs done.

LisaRD23
09-29-2010, 11:30 AM
So I started laser hair removal for my bikini area last week. I understand it takes a few weeks for the hair folicles to actually start to "die" and the hair to begin falling out....but I am becoming so dam impaitent!!

Tight Booty ( I laugh as I say your name in my head:p) when did you start to notice a difference?

tight booty
09-29-2010, 08:19 PM
You can call me Karen then Lisa! From my understanding it takes 2 weeks after you have had laser hair removal before the hair starts falling out. At first it appears to be growing faster but it's just the hair getting purged from the hair folicle. If the hair falls out or you can pull it really gently and it just comes out, I have found that those hairs never grow back.
You should notice a difference Lisa in a few weeks! Keep with it because it is so worth it.

LisaRD23
09-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Lol..I just imagine seeing you person and being like "Hey what's up tight booty?":p

Anyway...yeah I think that's what I'm seeing now, it looks like more hair!! I went last Tuesday for the 1st time so I'll be going into my 2nd week now. I'm so used to getting waxed and staying smooth so having this stuble is awkward to me. I'll be going back in 4 weeks for my 2nd treatment.

I was told that I should just shave in between treatments for up keep and not wax. So I bought some Bikini Zone in case I get razor irritation and I've been expoliating every other day or so.

What did you do in between untill you finally stood smooth?

Sledge
09-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Her friends just call her Tight.

Mindy86
10-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Anyway...yeah I think that's what I'm seeing now, it looks like more hair!! I went last Tuesday for the 1st time so I'll be going into my 2nd week now. I'm so used to getting waxed and staying smooth so having this stuble is awkward to me. I'll be going back in 4 weeks for my 2nd treatment.

I was told that I should just shave in between treatments for up keep and not wax. So I bought some Bikini Zone in case I get razor irritation and I've been expoliating every other day or so.

What did you do in between untill you finally stood smooth?

Hi all, I'm new here, but when I read this threat, I just had to chime in.

I'm about to start with laser as well, and I'm curious about your experiences!

Does it hurt a lot? (I'm used to wax..)

I'm told to shave before i go for my first session, not wax since my skin then could be more sensitive.

First, I was thinking about just to have my bikini area and legs done, but since I'm a Figure competitor, I'm now thinking of getting other areas done as well. The thought of not having to plan for hair removal before competitions sounds very nice to me!

How many areas do to take at each session?? Can you take like "everything" at once?

Thanks for any experiences!

Mindy

tight booty
10-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Mindy you are told to not wax or bleach hair prior to laser hair removal because the laser has to kill the hair follicle. It has nothing to do with skin being more sensitive.

Bryan Hildebrand
10-03-2010, 10:53 PM
shave the day before. if it is an area you cant reach, they will dry save you before the procedure.
the longer follicle, the more discomfort. hence shave. it will take multiple treatments spaced apart 3-6 weeks as hair has growth cycles and not all hair grows together at the same time.

LisaRD23
10-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Hi all, I'm new here, but when I read this threat, I just had to chime in.

I'm about to start with laser as well, and I'm curious about your experiences!

Does it hurt a lot? (I'm used to wax..)

I'm told to shave before i go for my first session, not wax since my skin then could be more sensitive.

First, I was thinking about just to have my bikini area and legs done, but since I'm a Figure competitor, I'm now thinking of getting other areas done as well. The thought of not having to plan for hair removal before competitions sounds very nice to me!

How many areas do to take at each session?? Can you take like "everything" at once?

Thanks for any experiences!

Mindy

pain is a bit different than waxing, it's almost like a small electric shock. I used a numbing cream that I appled 20min before, and the person who does it for me has an ice roller that she also used right before zapping each area.

I think the amount of areas per session depends on the amount of time.

I waited 4weeks after my last waxing before my 1st session. So my hair growth was where it would be for a wax.

I am seeing results already. I shaved my bikini area 8 days ago and the hair growth looks like it was only 3 days ago. I go back for round 2 in 3 weeks.

tammyp
10-04-2010, 02:31 PM
ok i gotta ask...how much are you paying?

LisaRD23
10-04-2010, 04:21 PM
ok i gotta ask...how much are you paying?

I have a family discount, so I'm not sure what the normal price would run.

Mindy86
10-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Mindy you are told to not wax or bleach hair prior to laser hair removal because the laser has to kill the hair follicle. It has nothing to do with skin being more sensitive.

Thank you for clarifying!

pain is a bit different than waxing, it's almost like a small electric shock. I used a numbing cream that I appled 20min before, and the person who does it for me has an ice roller that she also used right before zapping each area.

I think the amount of areas per session depends on the amount of time.

I waited 4weeks after my last waxing before my 1st session. So my hair growth was where it would be for a wax.

I am seeing results already. I shaved my bikini area 8 days ago and the hair growth looks like it was only 3 days ago. I go back for round 2 in 3 weeks.

Thanks! Numbing cream sounds like an good idea.

When i started my investigation into laser, I didn't knew they did full Brazilian....But now I think I have to go for the "full thing".

Mindy

missionbound
11-19-2010, 05:32 PM
tammy,
do you know if this product works on darker skinned people???
thanks

Amazon Doll
11-19-2010, 10:49 PM
When i started my investigation into laser, I didn't knew they did full Brazilian....

Oh yea, expect to be on your hands & knees at one point. My gal never misses a hair.

tammyp
11-22-2010, 08:15 AM
tammy,
do you know if this product works on darker skinned people???
thanks

from what i see in the booklet, NO.

The Prodigy
11-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Has anyone found a way to SLOW DOWN hair growth? I can't do lazer or wax and I feel like I am shaving daily! It takes forever!

GirlyMuscle
11-22-2010, 07:41 PM

Tammy, how did that thing work out? Can you give us a review?

missionbound
11-22-2010, 08:35 PM
tammy,
thanks for getting back to me:)

tammyp
11-23-2010, 08:22 AM
i have not been overly consistant, but it has made hair less much finer. i dont think it works as well as professional, but if you have the patience and a large area to do, it does work and will save a ton of $

The Prodigy
11-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Has anyone tried the new lazer hair removal systems you can do at home? I am seriously considering buying one!

tammyp
11-04-2011, 05:50 AM
read above gail^

lgcanski
11-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Has anyone tried the new lazer hair removal systems you can do at home? I am seriously considering buying one!
I have the Silkin bellalite system from Costco. Was the best purchase by far. I used to pay $200 for French bikini & arm pits on a 6 week basis at a professional dermatologist. I get the same results from the bellalite with the convenience of doing at home and the ability to do my legs and whatever else. The only draw back is you have to do it yourself and inflict stinging like pain....but what the hell, you do that daily when working out, so no biggy!

txhawkeyes
11-05-2011, 04:53 PM

Your bikini line is my neck. The little freekin things come out, and then get scared and turn back in...aka ingrown. I thought about getting my neck done. The chin up is okay to shave, the neck sucks.

tammyp
11-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Your bikini line is my neck. The little freekin things come out, and then get scared and turn back in...aka ingrown. I thought about getting my neck done. The chin up is okay to shave, the neck sucks.

i was talking to my laser guy about this issue w men clients i have. he said 2 treatments usually stop this from happening.

The Prodigy
02-22-2012, 12:31 PM
I have the Silkin bellalite system from Costco. Was the best purchase by far. I used to pay $200 for French bikini & arm pits on a 6 week basis at a professional dermatologist. I get the same results from the bellalite with the convenience of doing at home and the ability to do my legs and whatever else. The only draw back is you have to do it yourself and inflict stinging like pain....but what the hell, you do that daily when working out, so no biggy!

How expensive was this and how long does it last between treatments?

athleticvanessa
10-11-2012, 12:00 AM
Went today for the first time since last summer and although i had been consistent prior to todays treatment it really hurt unlike the previous times! I didnt know what to think! Ive been getting waxed/lazer for years!!! Im spanish and italian background so ive been religiousl removing my unwanted hair prior to my adult years unfortunately:-/ but i noticed this year my hair is way more stubborn and coarse! It really hurt when the procedure was being done today and she had to go back to a very low low setting as if i never had been in before! Is it because of the excess testosterone??

tammyp
10-12-2012, 05:38 AM
i found laser to be a waste of money ...i have had far better results w electrolysis....and its redic cheaper...35 a session compared to 350.....fml...live and learn!

athleticvanessa
10-19-2012, 02:57 PM
I've heard electrolysis is more painful. Is this true since you've tried both?

tammyp
10-22-2012, 05:51 AM
its nothing. i find it to be no big deal at all. it takes more time to work a bigger area i imagine bc it goes hair by hair, but the price is worth it and for stubborn hair, it works better IMO.

athleticvanessa
10-25-2012, 05:07 PM
So with electrolysis how long do you see the results lasting for? Pf course while in competition mode our hair grows back at a much faster rate, but if you get a treatment done how long before you see hair growing back?