PDA

View Full Version : Injured shoulder problem!

edmond
03-04-2009, 09:01 AM
The week before Christmas I hurt my left shoulder while at the gym I cannot remember what I was doing but I took a week off afterwards, thinking this would resolve the problem, I started training again but avoiding direct shoulder exercises however the shoulder has never really felt right, I felt weak in the shoulder if that makes scene, silly things like carry the kids seems to put a large amount of stress on it, trying to lift items which are not heavy can put a lot a strain on it as well, strange thing is once I have worked out it feels fine.
Anyway I finally went to the doctor about 4 weeks ago; he advised me it was not a rotor cuff injury as I have a good range of motion.
He supplied me with 4 weeks worth of anti-flammatory’s.
I am coming to the end of them now, and although the should feels better, its does not feel 100% and I am worried that the anti-flammatory’s are masking any pain I should be feeling,
any one had a similar injury and how did you get around it, am I looking at physio?

BigJD69
03-04-2009, 09:20 AM
I walk around with a bum shoulder for 15 yrs. I was able to train heavy and play F-Ball all throughout. It got so bad that I couldn't sleep at night. My Doc finally sent me for an M.R.I. and nothing showed up on it. We decided to operate on it. It turned out that I had a torn labrium, and he clean out my rotator cuff. The point I am trying to make is too be careful because even an M.R.I. won't show any conclusive evidence. If it still bothers you keep complaining to your Doc. He will prob. recommend P.T. I would stay away from any heavy movements esp. overhead presses.